Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward-Kessler May Be in Trouble?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I just heard that this is what a Danish newspaper is reporting. Kessler's people are petitioning for some neutral officials in the WBA title fight this Saturday on Ward's home turf. Here is my take:

This is about as bad as Roy Jones wanting all Florida judges in his fight with Mike McCallum and a Florida ref. The WBC insisted on some neutral officials, but the state commission said no. The commission had three Florida judges in the judges' chairs, the WBC appointed three neutral judges anyway by buying them press row seats. The WBC would not accept the scores of the Florida judges.

To prevent this from happening again, moderated rules were accepted that at least one neutral official would be represented. (At least two is preferred.) There is no reason for a world title fight to have this kind of hometown favoritism going in. At least two judges SHOULD be from neutral countries. I mean what is Kessler supposed to do?

My problem is, why all this conflict now? The sanctioning body and commission are supposed to have the official's list within 10 days of the contest. I have no problem with a California ref, but two of the judges should be from neutral states or countries. Keep it fair.

Jack
gbh32001
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 19 2009, 04:47 AM) *
I just heard that this is what a Danish newspaper is reporting. Kessler's people are petitioning for some neutral officials in the WBA title fight this Saturday on Ward's home turf. Here is my take:

This is about as bad as Roy Jones wanting all Florida judges in his fight with Mike McCallum and a Florida ref. The WBC insisted on some neutral officials, but the state commission said no. The commission had three Florida judges in the judges' chairs, the WBC appointed three neutral judges anyway by buying them press row seats. The WBC would not accept the scores of the Florida judges.

To prevent this from happening again, moderated rules were accepted that at least one neutral official would be represented. (At least two is preferred.) There is no reason for a world title fight to have this kind of hometown favoritism going in. At least two judges SHOULD be from neutral countries. I mean what is Kessler supposed to do?

My problem is, why all this conflict now? The sanctioning body and commission are supposed to have the official's list within 10 days of the contest. I have no problem with a California ref, but two of the judges should be from neutral states or countries. Keep it fair.

Jack
All judges should be from neutral state to make it more realistic. Froch win it by losing it and Ward might get thesame, it 's a smart move for MK team.
The CEO
It won't matter where the judges and the ref are from...because Ward's gonna beat Kessler fair and square....

9 rounds to 3.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 18 2009, 06:53 PM) *
It won't matter where the judges and the ref are from...because Ward's gonna beat Kessler fair and square....

9 rounds to 3.

Well you got the 9 rounds to 3 part right but the wrong combatant bruh! You are fixed to go 0-2 in 2 weekends my man! you watch, you still the man though! drinks.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 18 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Well you got the 9 rounds to 3 part right but the wrong combatant bruh! You are fixed to go 0-2 in 2 weekends my man! you watch, you still the man though! drinks.gif

The thing is....I was only 65% confident in Cotto over Pac, bro...that's not much...

I'm 90%+ confident in this one...and when I'm THAT sure, odds are 90%+ I'll be right...

Put it this way...my confidence in this pick is comparable to the confidence I had in May & Pac over Hatton and Mosley over Margarito.... ohmy.gif
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 18 2009, 07:18 PM) *
The thing is....I was only 65% confident in Cotto over Pac, bro...that's not much...

I'm 90%+ confident in this one...and when I'm THAT sure, odds are 90%+ I'll be right...

Put it this way...my confidence in this pick is comparable to the confidence I had in May & Pac over Hatton and Mosley over Margarito.... ohmy.gif

WHAT WAS THAT SOUND? OH HELL, IT WAS A GONG! WOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL! Bro, you are still the man, don't worry!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 18 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Apparently hometown advantage only happens in Europe rolleyes_anim.gif

europe and australia... lol...
The CEO
Hometown advantage is a part of all competitive sports...it's a good thing to have the hometown advantage...but you know what's NOT a good thing?

Blatant Homecountry Politics and Corruption...like when an Australian (Tszyu), a Mexican (Barrera), or an American (Dirrell) goes across the pond and gets screwed.

Come to think about it...Calzaghe didn't get screwed against Hopkins in a close one....and that fight was in America.

Food for thought...
Jack 1000
Right now they have Stan Christodoulou, probably one of the most internationally well respected officials,as one of the judges according to BoxRec. The other three particulars are still California officials.

Jack
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 19 2009, 03:52 AM) *
Look at my AV. I thought Hopkins lost that one. Close fight though.

What about when Sturm fought against DLH? laugh.gif

If Hopkins won a fight you thought he lost, then Calzaghe would have been screwed in America, but he didn't.

Sturm against DLH was more about money for the Hopkins fight than homecountry politics IMO.
Maxy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 18 2009, 11:52 PM) *
What about when Sturm fought against DLH? laugh.gif

Or Lewis-Holyfield?

dntknw.gif
Jack 1000
Two international judges are planned. They should be OK now.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2009...993871206_x.htm

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.