Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Love or Hate Floyd Mayweather? Reasons Why
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 21 2009, 05:36 PM) *
We will see.

I do see, bro...he is going from a from a tuneup...to another tuneup.
torvix2000
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 21 2009, 11:30 PM) *
I do see, bro...he is going from a from a tuneup...to another tuneup.

Let me ask you a question JD...do you think Mayweather fights Pacman or Mosley in 2010?
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 22 2009, 05:50 AM) *
Let me ask you a question JD...do you think Mayweather fights Pacman or Mosley in 2010?

I have no idea.

He kind of needs to actually do it before I give him credit for it. He came back telling the world it was one tuneup and he would give everyone the fights they wanted to see...after fighting his tuneup, he had the perfect opportunity to fight Mosley and did not...he set the stage for a ridiculous negotiation for the Pacquiao fight...and of course, he is now going to fight another tuneup.

Sorry, but Floyd's actions speak a lot louder than his words. It's just that simple.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 22 2009, 06:36 AM) *
I have no idea.

He kind of needs to actually do it before I give him credit for it. He came back telling the world it was one tuneup and he would give everyone the fights they wanted to see...after fighting his tuneup, he had the perfect opportunity to fight Mosley and did not...he set the stage for a ridiculous negotiation for the Pacquiao fight...and of course, he is now going to fight another tuneup.

Sorry, but Floyd's actions speak a lot louder than his words. It's just that simple.

I think it's very obvious that Mayweather wanted Pacman first then Mosley.And who can blame him? Thats the big money fight. With that said his actions make sense. Even if he fought another tuneup and fought Pacman in May whats the difference then if he just waited and fought Pacman in May without another tuneup in early 2010?
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 22 2009, 07:39 AM) *
I think it's very obvious that Mayweather wanted Pacman first then Mosley.And who can blame him? Thats the big money fight. With that said his actions make sense. Even if he fought another tuneup and fought Pacman in May whats the difference then if he just waited and fought Pacman in May without another tuneup in early 2010?

Obvious?

The only thing that is obvious right now is that Floyd fought a junior welter, retired for under a year, came back and fought a lightweight...now he is going to fight another tuneup.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 22 2009, 09:15 AM) *
Obvious?

The only thing that is obvious right now is that Floyd fought a junior welter, retired for under a year, came back and fought a lightweight...now he is going to fight another tuneup.

Would you show some respect if Mayweather beats Pacman and Mosley this year and wins fighter of the year? If he does that, where do you rank him all time?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 22 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Would you show some respect if Mayweather beats Pacman and Mosley this year and wins fighter of the year? If he does that, where do you rank him all time?

What is it with you guys and wanting everyone else to love Floyd like you do? I'v never once heard anyone on this board call his skills into question, have you? Did I miss it?

Plenty of people have called into question his career/legacy. Thats something he himself must do something about.

Almost everyone thinks he is a prick, this is something he probably cant do anything about.

i dont understand why its so important to you.

I reckon if he beats Pac and Mosely, one more big name would get him into maybe the top 10 ATG. Maybe...
JD
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 22 2009, 09:19 AM) *

How about he fight them first.
torvix2000
I wonder why Gayweather suddenly became quiet the moment Pacquiao said YES. Wasn't that what Gayweather wanted to hear?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 22 2009, 06:53 PM) *
He would move up higher on a all time list, but nothing ridiculous. He still wouldn't be on the same level as Leonard and those guys. Hell, he may just be able to sneak ahead of Hopkins and Jones IMO. To me, it's not just one or two great wins that put you up there, it's an accumulation. To me Mayweather can't stroll in cherry pick one or two good wins and then be truly great, while we had guys like Cotto, Pacquiao, Mosley, Margarito, Williams and Clottey all fighting each other and eliminating one another.

You talk like Mayweather hasn't had any great wins in his career already. Everything he does now adds to his legacy. Whether people want to admit it or not they wanted the Mayweather-Hatton fight. That fight was huge. People been calling for the fight ever sense Hatton beat Kosta and Mayweather beat Gatti. That WAS a great win for Mayweather. They were both undefeated and a lot picked Hatton to win that fight. You cant just discredit Some of Mayweathers victories because other fighters beat them after Mayweather beat them. The De La Hoya fight was a great win against a bigger man also. The fight broke all ppv records. It might not of been the most entertaining fight, but It was still a great win, but gets discredited because Manny beat Oscar worse later on.
jlupi
Anyone see lopez and oscar talk about the pac-mayweather fight.

MW canceled because he didnt want to talk abour Pac

http://www.lopeztonight.com/oscar_de_la_hoya2.php
Big Slim Sweet
Mayweather's wins over Hatton and Oscar were NOT great wins LMFAO. No one but a couple pubs full of shitfaced Brits thought Hatton had a chance to actually win that fight and while beating Oscar at 154 is something, the way he beat him was FAR from impressive.

Mayweather's best wins are Hernandez, Corrales, the Castillo rematch, and Judah.
JD
Not to back track...but isn't it kind of ridiculous when best fighter in the world, and the self proclaimed best fighter of all time, has to be applauded for "stepping up"?
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Nov 24 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Mayweather's best wins are Hernandez, Corrales, the Castillo rematch, and Judah.

That's pretty sad that these are his best wins for (see below) the self proclaimed best fighter of all time.

QUOTE (JD @ Nov 25 2009, 09:18 AM) *
Not to back track...but isn't it kind of ridiculous when best fighter in the world, and the self proclaimed best fighter of all time, has to be applauded for "stepping up"?

Yup. It's ridiculous.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Nov 24 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Mayweather's wins over Hatton and Oscar were NOT great wins LMFAO. No one but a couple pubs full of shitfaced Brits thought Hatton had a chance to actually win that fight and while beating Oscar at 154 is something, the way he beat him was FAR from impressive.

I disagree. In my opinion the Hatton and Oscar wins were great wins for Floyd.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 25 2009, 09:32 AM) *
I disagree. In my opinion the Hatton and Oscar wins were great wins for Floyd.

I think the Hatton win was good. Not many people gave Hatton a chance but you have to give credit to Mayweather for beating him, even if he did appear to be the bigger guy.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 25 2009, 11:03 AM) *
I think the Hatton win was good. Not many people gave Hatton a chance but you have to give credit to Mayweather for beating him, even if he did appear to be the bigger guy.

The Hatton win was ok...a mediocre win, but for the self proclaimed best fighter ever? Ricky Hatton? Is that really the stuff legends are made from?

True boxing fans in the the UK knew Ricky didn't stand a chance. I was telling everyone that Hatton may give Floyd some trouble with his holding and shoving for the first two or three rounds, but then it'd be all Floyd from there on. It was only the idiotic 'pub fans' that actually thought Hatton could do something.

I like Hatton loads - he's a great down to earth guy who does a lot of work for charity and has never made himself out to be something he's not, but I'd rank the DLH win over the Hatton win.
jlupi
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 25 2009, 10:03 AM) *

MW beat hatton in a weight class that not only was he unprooven but by his own admission looked bad/felt uncomfortable in his only other fight there.
Big Slim Sweet
I liked the way Mayweather went about beating Hatton. He showed a little bit of his old tiger in that one. But Hatton at 147 was nothing more than a B level opponent.
caneman
Do you think Hatton is even a B level guy @ 147?
Big Slim Sweet
Yeah I'd say at 147 he was a B. He basically went even up with Collazo who I consider a good B welter.
Mean Mister Mustard
I agree with everything all you guys are saying. At least Mayweather fought him when Hatton was as good as he was going to get.
Jack 1000
My biggest fears about all the hype surrounding Mayweather-Pacquiao are the following:

All to watch Mayweather, grab, hold, and pot-shot his way to around a 116-112 UD I'm afraid. The fight has to happen for the Marquee aspects of the event. However, as far as action in the ring, Floyd will not enage in a war type match leading to this or a very similar outcome.

Jack
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 29 2009, 11:28 PM) *
My biggest fears about all the hype surrounding Mayweather-Pacquiao are the following:

All to watch Mayweather, grab, hold, and pot-shot his way to around a 116-112 UD I'm afraid. The fight has to happen for the Marquee aspects of the event. However, as far as action in the ring, Floyd will not enage in a war type match leading to this or a very similar outcome.

Jack

There is no way to ignore the possibility that your fears will come true. But I still believe that Pacman's style demands a much different PBF than in the JMM fight. Manny will force Floyd to come to play from the opening bell, which I believe is bad news for Pac. His best chance is if we see Money's version of JMM which will end in exactly what you fear. But I do not think that PBF wants to risk the late rounds or a decision versus Pacman. Especially given decisions like that travesty last night. I know that many think I am nuts for thinking that PBF will TKO Manny in 6 or less, but the reason I do is because I think Pacman has a legitimate chance to win, and I think Floyd recognizes the same.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 30 2009, 12:01 AM) *
There is no way to ignore the possibility that your fears will come true. But I still believe that Pacman's style demands a much different PBF than in the JMM fight. Manny will force Floyd to come to play from the opening bell, which I believe is bad news for Pac. His best chance is if we see Money's version of JMM which will end in exactly what you fear. But I do not think that PBF wants to risk the late rounds or a decision versus Pacman. Especially given decisions like that travesty last night. I know that many think I am nuts for thinking that PBF will TKO Manny in 6 or less, but the reason I do is because I think Pacman has a legitimate chance to win, and I think Floyd recognizes the same.

I can see what you're saying Smarty but I also have to believe that PBF saw Manny deck Cotto in rounds 3 and 4 of their fight and thus respects Manny's bought his power up to WW. I don't see him getting in the kill zone enough in the first 6 rounds to take Manny out. He must also respect that Manny will be one of the quicker fighters he has fought.
Floyd is primarily (these days) a safety 1st fighter and that won'tt change for this fight.

PBF knows he's a good enough boxer that he should be able to coast this one without geting 'robbed' at the end.

A stylistic mismatch for The Pacman.

Plus if there is a rematch clause I think Floyd is savvy enough to know not to make the 1st one too lopsided. I always believed he carried DLH in their fight for the same reason-irrespective of whether the rematch came off or not.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 30 2009, 04:52 AM) *
I always believed he carried DLH in their fight for the same reason-irrespective of whether the rematch came off or not.

No doubt.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 30 2009, 05:52 AM) *
I can see what you're saying Smarty but I also have to believe that PBF saw Manny deck Cotto in rounds 3 and 4 of their fight and thus respects Manny's bought his power up to WW. I don't see him getting in the kill zone enough in the first 6 rounds to take Manny out. He must also respect that Manny will be one of the quicker fighters he has fought.
Floyd is primarily (these days) a safety 1st fighter and that won'tt change for this fight.

PBF knows he's a good enough boxer that he should be able to coast this one without geting 'robbed' at the end.

A stylistic mismatch for The Pacman.

Plus if there is a rematch clause I think Floyd is savvy enough to know not to make the 1st one too lopsided. I always believed he carried DLH in their fight for the same reason-irrespective of whether the rematch came off or not.

And I can understand why you would see it that way. I just don't see PBF having much of a choice. Pacman is going to force him to fight with pressure and work-rate, which will present Floyd with opportunities he will not be able to refuse. Also, I do not think there will be any likelihood of a rematch. If Pac gets the decision or catches PBF and puts him away, that's it for Manny. If he loses, Pacman will close his career out with a win against someone (other than Money).

Against Pacman, without a KO, there is always a chance of being robbed in the end. Just ask Sweet Pea (or Funeka). A huge majority of the world would love to see PBF "get his come-uppance." Most could care less if it was by robbery. They would just rationalize the decision.

But, you certainly could be right. Let's just hope that we get the chance to find out.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 30 2009, 08:03 PM) *
And I can understand why you would see it that way. I just don't see PBF having much of a choice. Pacman is going to force him to fight with pressure and work-rate, which will present Floyd with opportunities he will not be able to refuse. Also, I do not think there will be any likelihood of a rematch. If Pac gets the decision or catches PBF and puts him away, that's it for Manny. If he loses, Pacman will close his career out with a win against someone (other than Money).

Against Pacman, without a KO, there is always a chance of being robbed in the end. Just ask Sweet Pea (or Funeka). A huge majority of the world would love to see PBF "get his come-uppance." Most could care less if it was by robbery. They would just rationalize the decision.

But, you certainly could be right. Let's just hope that we get the chance to find out.

Fair enough points. You're right he may well catch Manny and hurt him plenty (I don't see Floyd as primarily a one punch KO artist) I think that just like the JMM fight he will sit back rather than put him away.

If Pac wins that may be it for him but can you imagine the mad money on offer to do it all again, especially if it is close? He could give a lot away to charity! LOL
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 30 2009, 10:17 PM) *
Fair enough points. You're right he may well catch Manny and hurt him plenty (I don't see Floyd as primarily a one punch KO artist) I think that just like the JMM fight he will sit back rather than put him away.

If Pac wins that may be it for him but can you imagine the mad money on offer to do it all again, especially if it is close? He could give a lot away to charity! LOL

I mentioned somewhere in the threads that people should not be surprised if it turns out that Pacman's management chooses to find a way to duck this fight because behind closed doors they understand the reality of the matchup challenges that PBF presents.

Nobody appears to agree with me that Berto may surprise Mosley. Berto is a far better matchup for Manny and if he can win he will be an extremely hot property. The dynamics of the situation could marginalize PBF. Floyd has been laying in the grass waiting for Manny. He has created an army of haters to join forces with Pac's disciples in order to set the table for one huge slaughter, economically and strategically.

What if they ignore him-just pass him by? Now he has to get in the trenches with the hungry young lions or fade into obscurity.
Col Reb
I wouldn't mind him fighting the following guys next as a "tune up":

Zab Judah - great tune up for getting used to speed

Kermit Cintron - would be a challenge, but a fight Floyd should win while proving he can beat the bigger boys

Cory Spinks - if he could get Cory to 147, it would be great work for Floyd

Tim Bradley - i bet tim would move up for the fight, and it would be good work

Luis Collazo - another fast southpaw that could give Floyd some rounds

Jack 1000
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Dec 1 2009, 06:02 PM) *
I wouldn't mind him fighting the following guys next as a "tune up":

Zab Judah - great tune up for getting used to speed

Kermit Cintron - would be a challenge, but a fight Floyd should win while proving he can beat the bigger boys

Cory Spinks - if he could get Cory to 147, it would be great work for Floyd

Tim Bradley - i bet tim would move up for the fight, and it would be good work

Luis Collazo - another fast southpaw that could give Floyd some rounds

Nice list,

Here is my list for the only guys that I could see Floyd in a losing fight:

Best chance of Floyd losing to:

Paul Williams because of Floyd fighting in his natural weight class, The Punisher's size and reach. Paul is so awkward. OR

Shane Mosley: Natural weight class if not bigger and knows the boxing tricks against the best. BUT he has to bring his Delahoya I "A" game to win. If we get the versions against Forrest, Mayweather wins easily.

Manny Pacquio: Has the pressure, and punchers' chance to win, but only at about 40%. Floyd is at least 60% or better favored to avoid a war, stay on the outside, and pot-shot Manny to a 116-112 type of decision. Floyd won't engage and that is Pacquiao's ONLY chance to win.

Side by side, Floyd is just so much bigger than Manny. If you don't see it now, you'll see it if they ever fight. Pacman is just too small to be a major threat to Floyd. And Floyd I could see coming in at something like 150+ where Golden Boy Promotions won't let the public see the weight difference to give Floyd the huge advantage of outpointing a smaller man. Floyd's done this for seven years, no reason to change that now.

No one else out there to shut Floyd's mouth unfortunately.

Jack
jp
Iole is reporting that the fight is basically a done deal for March 13th.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-f...o&type=lgns

D-MARV
The much-anticipated bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao is all but set for March 13, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Mayweather has agreed to terms and promoter Bob Arum is making a trip to Manila, Philippines, to finalize a deal with Pacquiao, the source said.

Las Vegas, Dallas and New Orleans are the front-runners to host the bout, which is expected to become the highest-grossing boxing match in the sportís history.

Pacquiao is the top pound-for-pound fighter in nearly every major ranking, including Yahoo! Sports. Mayweather is No. 2 in most rankings and was No. 1 in nearly all of the polls before he briefly retired in June 2008.

Pacquiao is coming off a 12th-round stoppage of Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, a bout in which he won the World Boxing Organization welterweight championship and erased fears that he is not a legitimate welterweight.

Cotto was a legitimate welterweight in his prime and Pacquiao dominated, knocking him down twice and cruising to the one-sided victory.

Mayweather routed Juan Manuel Marquez, who had previously been ranked No. 2 in the Yahoo! Sports poll, in a Sept. 19 fight at the MGM Grand.

The public demand for the fight has been enormous, putting pressure on Arum and Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who represents Mayweather, to get a deal done.

Promoters had targeted May 1 for the fight almost from the moment that Pacquiao stopped Cotto. But Pacquiao filed Tuesday to run for Congress in the Philippines and the election will be held on May 10.

Given that, the bout with Mayweather had to be moved up to March 13 or pushed back until September.

Though there were reports that Arum was considering matching Pacquiao with new WBO super welterweight champion Yuri Foreman on March 13 in Dallas, that was a diversionary move and was never serious, the source said.

A survey team from Top Rank will inspect Dallas Cowboys Stadium as a possible venue. The MGM Grand Garden Arena and the New Orleans Superdome are also in the running to host the mega-fight, the source said.

STEP UP PAC... The ball is in you're court!
MarzB
Kevin Iole (sp?) is usually a VERY reputable source also..
xxxxxx
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 1 2009, 10:38 PM) *
STEP UP PAC... The ball is in you're court!

It looks like this fight is close to a done deal and could happen even sooner than we thought.
King Eugene
Dangit the first quarter of 2010 is going to be great...not just for boxing but for every damn thing I got going on. I just hope nobody pulls out of their fight. Hell dont be surprised if Paul Williams gets a fight in the first quarter too if he gets passed Martinez.
mexi-cutioner
An article from a philippines newspaper has Pac's lawyer, Jeng Gacal, saying that Pacquiao's next fight is going to be in the political arena and a May 1st and March 13th date are BOTH out of the picture... fuk.gif

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=69
provo
I read a article, thought it was interesting and thought id share it with you guys

Love him or hate him Floyd Mayweather is one of the best fighters in the world today. And while he has plenty of loving fans but he has almost as many haters and I've always questioned why. Is it because he really is that good or is it because he doesn't shy away from expressing his opinions? Could it be a combination of both?

The character of his career could have gone one of two ways. He easily could have been the next Oscar de la Hoya. Mayweather held a stellar amateur record of 84-6 including an Olympic Bronze Medal. Floyd could have played the role of the humble boxer who let his skills do most of his talking and after each victory flash his smile that is as golden as Oscar's. Rather than play Mr. Humble, Floyd Mayweather simply remained himself.

Being young, famous, and rich is one hell of a combination, one that most of us would probably have a problem handling. Put me in Junior's shoes and I would show this world a phase of crazy like it has never seen before. Everyone who has the opportunity to be in the public spotlight takes to it differently. Floyd didn't step into it delicately; he demanded it, and once he had it he ran with it. He speaks his mind and doesn't care if you agree with him or not. He is his own man.

When I read the message boards I see plenty of people saying they hate Floyd Mayweather. Hate is a very strong word used much too often. When I was younger I would constantly say I hate this fighter or that fighter. That all changed when I got a chance to meet some of the fighters I claimed to hate and I was shocked when I realized they were nice guys. I hated these people without ever meeting them or knowing them. Many of them took a small part of who they really were and magnified it to create a character of sorts. A few of them may have been arrogant or cocky and they added fuel to it to grab the attention of the public. A fighter who doesn't get watched, doesn't get paid, it's that simple.

Do I believe Floyd is exactly like the person you see on TV? The answer is yes and no, for the reasons I stated above. I don't see him changing his ways anytime soon because the Floyd Mayweather we see today is the Floyd Mayweather that has won every fight he's ever been in. The young man has made millions an millions of dollars, so if it's not broke why fix it?

The truth is some fighters say it and others think it. Why is it that a fighter who says what he thinks catches so much heat? Most of the time the fan who criticizes the fighter is guilty of the exact same thing they hate a fighter for, and that is talking trash .
Tony Montgomery
KookedKrack
I think this article is dead on.

Being yourself>>Being a fake smile having fishnet wearing goldenboy.
KENSOFINE
Article is bullshit, as it doesnt address with clarity the reason people hate Floyd. Most admire his phenomenal skillset, however, to only display it against the easiest of competitors more often than not is an act of cowardess, which gets highlighted everytime he fights a JMM instead of Shane, Berto, Williams, Margarito, etc while claiming he is the greatest ever. He cant complain about the criticism, if he wont address it directly...in the ring against suitable competiton to remove any doubt.

Also, Floyd has may detractors because he judges boxers on criteria he would never live up to himself. He will say that Shane is not in his league, since he has several losses, but neglects to mention that Shane received those losses taking on challenges he would never have the heart to. (Winky Wright in his prime, Vernon Forrest, Cotto in his prime, etc). He will mention his belts, but turn around and say "a belt doesnt define me" when asked about deliberately not cleaning out his division.

The very nature of this article is biased in concept, and not even cleverly disguised with a balance of facts, both for and against the writers own personal view.

Syllogistic fallacy much?
Mean Mister Mustard
Good points all around.

My opinions is that a lot of people dislike for for different reasons or sometimes for 2 or more of them. For one thing, some people dislike him because he keeps winning and it doesn't matter who you are, if you keep winning all the time people start to dislike you. it has to do with the reason why we watch sports, that we want to see competitiveness and when it doesn't happen some people start to get frustrated.

2-His attitude. He's whiny, cocky and that rubs people the wrong way.

3-his decisions inside the ring combined with his position as perhaps the best boxer in the world. He has not taken on the best since 2004. Notice that back in 2002, 2003, 2004 no one really cared about who he fought because wasn't the best boxer in the world. People were paying attention to other guys like DLH, Hopkins, Jones, Lewis, Trinidad. It's only once those guys started to decline and o retired that he was able to capitalize on their departure and become a big name in boxing. That fame also makes some people dislike him.

One thing that I never understood is why he never became a bigger star before. Like I mentioned before, he wasn't a big name until 2006-07. Why? Shouldn't he have been more famous after beating Hernandez and Mandfredy in spectacular fashion after only a 2 years as a pro? He was fast, and people like flash. Was it simply because there were other big names blocking him off fame? Or was it the fact that when you look at it really closely, his fights aren't entertaining?

He has finally become famous now, a goal that he has been working on for a long time. I think the guy wanted to be loved like Gatti was and like Hatton is in England. He realized that wasn't going to happen after he saw celebrities walking out of the arena during his fight with Baldmoir. He has money and tremendous skills and should be ontent with that.
jlupi
I think some hate him because ge is an ass who proclaims himself the best of all time yet is more concerened with $$ and keeping a zero than testing himself
STEVENSKI
Look I just want to see him permanantly disabled. It is not like I want to see him dead I just want to see him suffer.

Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 17 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Look I just want to see him permanantly disabled. It is not like I want to see him dead I just want to see him suffer.

Ya, death would be too easy for this arse. He needs to be disabled in a way that requires a colostomy bag.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 17 2009, 05:08 PM) *
One thing that I never understood is why he never became a bigger star before. Like I mentioned before, he wasn't a big name until 2006-07. Why? Shouldn't he have been more famous after beating Hernandez and Mandfredy in spectacular fashion after only a 2 years as a pro? He was fast, and people like flash. Was it simply because there were other big names blocking him off fame? Or was it the fact that when you look at it really closely, his fights aren't entertaining?

He has finally become famous now, a goal that he has been working on for a long time. I think the guy wanted to be loved like Gatti was and like Hatton is in England. He realized that wasn't going to happen after he saw celebrities walking out of the arena during his fight with Baldmoir. He has money and tremendous skills and should be ontent with that.

Wow what a break down! I couldn't agree with you more! Its just not some people's destiny so they take what they can get.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.