Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Love or Hate Floyd Mayweather? Reasons Why
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
D-MARV
By Mark Vester

Leonard Ellerbe, advisor to Floyd Mayweather Jr., told the Los Angeles Times that Shane Mosley would be their prime target if negotiations to make a fight with Manny Pacquiao fall apart. Mayweather is looking for the biggest financial opportunities out there, and the two biggest are Pacquiao and Mosley. Bob Arum of Top Rank and Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions [acting on behalf of Mayweather] are going to do their best to make a deal for a Mayweather-Pacquiao bout. Mosley has to win his January 30 welterweight unification with Andre Berto to keep the Mayweather possibility alive.

"If the fight can't be made [with Pacquiao], we'll fight Shane Mosley if he can get past Berto," Ellerbe said.

Negotiations for Mayweather-Pacquiao will be tough. Mayweather wants the bulk of the money, and so does Pacquiao. Ellerbe doesn't seem to care if Pacquiao's pay-per-view with Miguel Cotto lands a higher buyrate than Mayweather's bout with Juan Manuel Marquez. He stands with Mayweather's position of Marquez bringing very little to the table in terms of pay-per-view buys.

"It's no secret the camps don't see eye to eye, but this is bigger than boxing," Ellerbe said. "We understand the magnitude of this."

"The numbers don't lie, people do," Ellerbe said. "[Pacquiao] had good numbers, God bless him, but he had a dance partner [Cotto] this time."
King Eugene
No Way in the world they dont make this fight happen. There is way too much money to be made. Get Manny's belt first and then unify with Mosley if he gets past Berto. Thats the best money and legacy route.
kingknockout
everybody that pays attention to him, that are fans already knew this, it's not a surprise to us because we kept telling people this, mayweather is going to fight who his fans want him to fight, it's about money at the end of the day but he also listens to his supporters.

everybody on this forum knows he's going to beat Pacman, and if mosley isn't on his A game he'll embarrass him as well, Mosley's a smart champion though, so I wonder what strategy he has for "Money", I most definitely don't think he'll go in there just to get a knock out to make him look like the "Man to put floyd on his ass" because that's not the smart move.

and the only reason Paul isn't in the conversation is because A) he's big as fuck, and he doesn't look like your average welter i.e. zab judah, quintana, cotto, berto, floyd,etc not to mention margarito's a big ass welter too, my goodness them dudes look like giants on my TV screen and cool.gif he won't generate enough interest (bring in money) although hardcore boxing fans would like to see it, and hell I would too cus I like ol Paul, it still won't happen, alot of people don't know who Paul is yet,he's on that ladder to being top dog but he gotta get his name out there....did I mention that's a tall ass dude? lol

but anyway mayweather is too full of himself to be scared to fight anybody, his cockiness/arrogance level is out of this world, he thinks he shits gold and pisses platinum...when a person thinks of themselves that highly they'll take on any challenge, and you can't tell them shit cus they think they know everything. He believes he can take on the world lol, so when you have that kind of ego set in your mind. You think you can take on anyone, and that's what mayweather thinks, so all of these he's scared excuses is utter bullshit...plus he know's his skill is raw and nasty as fuck, he know's he's the shit, so why be scared for against guys that lost before when your standing on top undefeated? you ARE the man to beat, the top dog isn't worried about someone that took losses before, the boss doesn't worry about new challenger's, it's because of their big ass ego's.....do people think Kobe Bryant is worried about the opposition? did people think Dale earn hart gave a fuck about competition to the point he was scared to get out there and race?
JD
Shame that Floyd waited for Mosley to secure a fight with Berto before targeting him.

It was only a week or so ago that both fighters were without a dance partner.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2009, 07:17 AM) *
Shame that Floyd waited for Mosley to secure a fight with Berto before targeting him.

It was only a week or so ago that both fighters were without a dance partner.

Why go after Mosley first? Pac is worth more money. He probably makes half of what he'd make fighting Manny than what he would fighting Mosley. If he lose to Mosley then there is no Pac fight. He fight Pac first to get the big money win, lose, or draw. If he wins then come back and get Shane for probably a little less than what he made for fighting Pac.
JD
No reason to go after Mosley first if he was actually fighting Pacquiao next.

Carlos Quintana? Matthew Hatton? If we are talking more money, I would venture a guess that a fight against Shane would do more for Floyd's wallet than either of those guys. If we are talking legacy, which I am certain we are not, Mosley would do far more than either of those guys.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2009, 07:49 AM) *
No reason to go after Mosley first if he was actually fighting Pacquiao next.

Carlos Quintana? Matthew Hatton? If we are talking more money, I would venture a guess that a fight against Shane would do more for Floyd's wallet than either of those guys. If we are talking legacy, which I am certain we are not, Mosley would do far more than either of those guys.

Of course and I agree with that but the reason for "possibly" fighting in the UK is for the money they are paying him to fight over there but that was from The Hype's sources. Ellerbe suggest that Mayweather is fighting either Manny or Mosley next. So I guess we can pretty much throw those other three out the window.
ROLL DEEP
Fuck money. Shane is the welterweight champion. You should ALWAYS try and fight the champion of your division instead of these tinpot titles and 'p4p' new creations.

Mayweather-Pacquiao is a big fight...the biggest in boxing, but how ridiculous is it that it's gotta happen without a major belt on the line? How can the two biggest welterweights in the world NOT have fought the welterweight champion?

Pac-PBF definitely should happen, but not before one of them has fought Shane Mosley.

Ray Robinson would be turning in his grave right now.

Black

(D'oh! My little brother didn't log out...ooooops!)
JD
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 20 2009, 06:57 AM) *
Of course and I agree with that but the reason for "possibly" fighting in the UK is for the money they are paying him to fight over there but that was from The Hype's sources. Ellerbe suggest that Mayweather is fighting either Manny or Mosley next. So I guess we can pretty much throw those other three out the window.

Of course they are paying him, but what he could make for Mosley?

Besides, did Floyd come back to fight a blownup Marquez and Quintana or Matthew Hatton? I thought it was a case of just needing A tuneup and he would being fighting who his fans want him to; i.e., Mosley, Pacquiao.

At some point even his fans have to say..."enough with the bullshit dude...you had a chance to make meaningful fights and are choosing not to"
STEVENSKI
Hey Black. Get your limey pork pie eating arse back on here sunshine.

Fuck it Pac should flick cuntfeatures & unify with Mosley.
leonthegee
he could have all the belts by the end of next year let everybody will find a way to hate.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2009, 08:05 AM) *
Of course they are paying him, but what he could make for Mosley?

Besides, did Floyd come back to fight a blownup Marquez and Quintana or Matthew Hatton? I thought it was a case of just needing A tuneup and he would being fighting who his fans want him to; i.e., Mosley, Pacquiao.

At some point even his fans have to say..."enough with the bullshit dude...you had a chance to make meaningful fights and are choosing not to"

Absolutely! I never agreed with or supported him going to fight in the UK. If its not Mosley or Pac then it should be nobody at all. I'm just saying I agree with them going after Pac before Mosley. Him fighting in the UK is BS all around unless he's fighting Shane or Pac in the UK.

Floyd or his manager didn't say he was considering fighting Mathew Hatton or Quintana, that was Hype's sources. Floyd's people said Pac and Mosley.
JD
Or he could have none and fight the likes of Matthew Hatton or Carlos Quintana and his diehards, who aren't actually boxing fans, would find a way to call anyone who criticizes his indifference toward meaningful fights haters.
JD
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 20 2009, 07:13 AM) *
Absolutely! I never agreed with or supported him going to fight in the UK. If its not Mosley or Pac then it should be nobody at all. I'm just saying I agree with them going after Pac before Mosley. Him fighting in the UK is BS all around unless he's fighting Shane or Pac in the UK.

Floyd or his manager didn't say he was considering fighting Mathew Hatton or Quintana, that was Hype's sources. Floyd's people said Pac and Mosley.

Well, since we agree on the fact that it would be an utter joke to fight Hatton or Quintana next...when he does, we can all be on the same page.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 20 2009, 01:12 PM) *
he could have all the belts by the end of next year let everybody will find a way to hate.

Cuntfeatures already had the belt that mattered & he never defended it so what would it matter?
D-MARV
JD, I dont understand why you keep bringing Quintana's and Hatton's name up?

I agree that if he fought any of those guys then he would have butt fucked his "legacy" but I think the article that I posted clearly states that if Pacquiao does not happen then they will target Mosley. Whoever he fights, I'm certain it won't happen until May so that leaves Mosley PLENTY of time to beat Berto and be ready by May.

Meanwhile, Whats is Floyd to do? Should he just wait until May to fight? Who should he fight from now until May or June or whenever this "SUPERFIGHT" against whoever happens?

I'm in NO way defending Floyd. Im just curious to see what people think he should do NOW!
King Eugene
Quintana is out of the equation anyway cause he's now fighting on the Williams Martinez undercard.
gbh32001
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Nov 20 2009, 06:53 PM) *
everybody that pays attention to him, that are fans already knew this, it's not a surprise to us because we kept telling people this, mayweather is going to fight who his fans want him to fight, it's about money at the end of the day but he also listens to his supporters.

everybody on this forum knows he's going to beat Pacman, and if mosley isn't on his A game he'll embarrass him as well, Mosley's a smart champion though, so I wonder what strategy he has for "Money", I most definitely don't think he'll go in there just to get a knock out to make him look like the "Man to put floyd on his ass" because that's not the smart move.

and the only reason Paul isn't in the conversation is because A) he's big as fuck, and he doesn't look like your average welter i.e. zab judah, quintana, cotto, berto, floyd,etc not to mention margarito's a big ass welter too, my goodness them dudes look like giants on my TV screen and cool.gif he won't generate enough interest (bring in money) although hardcore boxing fans would like to see it, and hell I would too cus I like ol Paul, it still won't happen, alot of people don't know who Paul is yet,he's on that ladder to being top dog but he gotta get his name out there....did I mention that's a tall ass dude? lol

but anyway mayweather is too full of himself to be scared to fight anybody, his cockiness/arrogance level is out of this world, he thinks he shits gold and pisses platinum...when a person thinks of themselves that highly they'll take on any challenge, and you can't tell them shit cus they think they know everything. He believes he can take on the world lol, so when you have that kind of ego set in your mind. You think you can take on anyone, and that's what mayweather thinks, so all of these he's scared excuses is utter bullshit...plus he know's his skill is raw and nasty as fuck, he know's he's the shit, so why be scared for against guys that lost before when your standing on top undefeated? you ARE the man to beat, the top dog isn't worried about someone that took losses before, the boss doesn't worry about new challenger's, it's because of their big ass ego's.....do people think Kobe Bryant is worried about the opposition? did people think Dale earn hart gave a fuck about competition to the point he was scared to get out there and race?
You're a fool!How many times Mosley challenge him and even go as far as embarrass him in the public yet his balls shrink more. "Numbers don't lie, people do"
,Ellerbe is one big lie!I can't stand with this kind of people who publicly conning people in a broad daylight just to steal their hard earned money and I know that americans are vulnerable to public fraud.
gbh32001
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 20 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Fuck that belt, where is Floyd when Margarito-Cotto-Mosley-Williams-Quintana fight each other?Manny is a blown out WW, but still he have more balls than Floyd who ducked the best competition available.
torvix2000
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 20 2009, 01:16 PM) *
Fuck that belt, where is Floyd when Margarito-Cotto-Mosley-Williams-Quintana fight each other?Manny is a blown out WW, but still he have more balls than Floyd who ducked the best competition available.

Yup! A guy from flyweight beat Mayweather into fighting Cotto.
namor
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 20 2009, 09:11 AM) *
You're a fool!How many times Mosley challenge him and even go as far as embarrass him in the public yet his balls shrink more. "Numbers don't lie, people do"
,Ellerbe is one big lie!I can't stand with this kind of people who publicly conning people in a broad daylight just to steal their hard earned money and I know that americans are vulnerable to public fraud.

You a clown.You still on that Floyd is scared of Mosley when Floyd called out Mosley for years and Mosley had every excuse in the book not to fight him.
streetlion1
Oh O....another Gayweather supporter! maybe now Floyd is tryin to scrub that yellow streak off his back and he is actually gonna fight somebody. I expect him to blow Pacman outta the water.....Mosley is the one I really wanna see him fight! While he's at it he should fight Cotto or Clottey as well.
mrwigi
i agree that the fight for floyd is mosley... he wuld obliterate pac, and maybe even stop him... besides pwill, i think the only WW in the division that has a chance of hanging with floyd is mosley. and if mosley fights pac..... haha.gif pac is definitly going to sleep..
gbh32001
QUOTE (namor @ Nov 20 2009, 09:54 PM) *
You a clown.You still on that Floyd is scared of Mosley when Floyd called out Mosley for years and Mosley had every excuse in the book not to fight him.
Floyd calls out Shane after Mosley suffering two successive losses. Floyd has no balls, his lips is shevering and quevering everytime he see Margo and Mosley. clapping.gif
MarzB
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 20 2009, 07:01 AM) *
Fuck money. Shane is the welterweight champion. You should ALWAYS try and fight the champion of your division instead of these tinpot titles and 'p4p' new creations.

Mayweather-Pacquiao is a big fight...the biggest in boxing, but how ridiculous is it that it's gotta happen without a major belt on the line? How can the two biggest welterweights in the world NOT have fought the welterweight champion?

Pac-PBF definitely should happen, but not before one of them has fought Shane Mosley.

Ray Robinson would be turning in his grave right now.

Black

(D'oh! My little brother didn't log out...ooooops!)

Roll Deep, you pretty much aren't very aware of Sugar Ray Robinson. The modern perception of Ray Robinson during his time was VERY akin to how a lot of people feel about Floyd. Black America loved him, White America, 'ahhh, He wasn't totally revered and as far as negotiations. He was an extremely hard negotiator lets say.
“Robinson was tough on the contract negotiations,” Fullmer said when the last of what would be four fights between them was done. “He wanted all the money and everything else in his favor. He wanted everything his way.”

Source Thomas Hauser Article
http://www.secondsout.com/columns/thomas-h...sited--part-two

Also I've read about three books about Ray Robinson one he authored himsel where he admits he wasn't taking any backseat in negotiations.

Good for him and Floyd and how dare ANY of you say the HELL with MONEY. You're not taking the blows here.
Snoop
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 20 2009, 01:44 PM) *

I agree that if he fought any of those guys then he would have butt fucked his "legacy" but I think the article that I posted clearly states that if Pacquiao does not happen then they will target Mosley. Whoever he fights, I'm certain it won't happen until May so that leaves Mosley PLENTY of time to beat Berto and be ready by May.

Meanwhile, Whats is Floyd to do? Should he just wait until May to fight? Who should he fight from now until May or June or whenever this "SUPERFIGHT" against whoever happens?

I'm in NO way defending Floyd. Im just curious to see what people think he should do NOW!

If he really is planning to wait until May, he should wait. Think about it. It's already getting to late November, any fight he takes now probably wouldn't happen before Feb or March. You think he would fight again 2-3 months later? The only way I think he should take a fight against an opponent who is NOT Mosley or Pacquiao is if he was gunning for a later date with each other them, i.e. Sept or Oct and take a fight in between to stay sharp. Otherwise, just wait til May.
gbh32001
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Nov 20 2009, 10:41 PM) *
i agree that the fight for floyd is mosley... he wuld obliterate pac, and maybe even stop him... besides pwill, i think the only WW in the division that has a chance of hanging with floyd is mosley. and if mosley fights pac..... haha.gif pac is definitly going to sleep..
He maybe beat all of them including Cotto,Margo,PW,Clottey but the thing is he never do. He talk the talk and run the money.LOL!Pussy!
JD
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 20 2009, 07:44 AM) *

People are thinking that if his intention was to fight in January or February, he had every chance to say "OK Shane...you want it, you got it."

After all, Marquez was his come back tuneup...after that it was all about the hitlist.
rusty_trombone
Some of you guys are hilarious, it's always "fuck money" when it's not your dollar. If you were offered one job making 100,000 a year, an offered another job(doing the same fucking thing) for 50,000 a year and the one that paid half as much was 2x as hard, i would like to know what dickhead in this forum would take that job. Seriously, it's easy to beat your chest and act like a tough guy and idiot when it's not you dollar.
gbh32001
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2009, 11:16 PM) *
People are thinking that if his intention was to fight in January or February, he had every chance to say "OK Shane...you want it, you got it."

After all, Marquez was his come back tuneup...after that it was all about the hitlist.
If Mosley were to knock out Berto which is unlikely, Floyd will go back to his own excuses.
MarzB
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Nov 20 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Some of you guys are hilarious, it's always "fuck money" when it's not your dollar. If you were offered one job making 100,000 a year, an offered another job(doing the same fucking thing) for 50,000 a year and the one that paid half as much was 2x as hard, i would like to know what dickhead in this forum would take that job. Seriously, it's easy to beat your chest and act like a tough guy and idiot when it's not you dollar.

I've said something VERY similar here. I also posed the question (FITZ where are you) to the Mayweather hate faction regarding his alleged DUCKING of Margarito. I've shown PROOF that Mayweather was NOT paid in full for his fights with GATTI and Judah under Arum where Bob Arum admits he didn't pay him.

Yet Floyd after paying $750K to be released from Arum should accept Arum's faux $8mill dollar offer despite having NOT paid him. I said, "who in here would work for free??" no one answered. I then countered saying, "Would you do a job for someone who still owes you (lets say LANDSCAPING) but they promised you a bigger payout??" No one answered and it went back to the "Gayweather, he has no balls, he's a runner" type of BS comments.

I say for any fighter, make what the HELL you can because when you're done you are TRULY DONE. This is the most unforgiving of ANY sport there is.
streetlion1
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 20 2009, 09:10 AM) *
If he really is planning to wait until May, he should wait. Think about it. It's already getting to late November, any fight he takes now probably wouldn't happen before Feb or March. You think he would fight again 2-3 months later? The only way I think he should take a fight against an opponent who is NOT Mosley or Pacquiao is if he was gunning for a later date with each other them, i.e. Sept or Oct and take a fight in between to stay sharp. Otherwise, just wait til May.

He should fight a tune up in Jan. or early Feb. against Clottey or Margacheato. A tune up against a strong real welter.....Clottey is tough but Floyd would clearly out-box him. The one I really want him to fight for a tune up is Cheato!! I think he would chop Antonio to pieces....then again it might look like Baldomir-Mayweather revisited....either way I wanna see Cheato K.O.ed or embarrassed laugh.gif

I know neither fight will happen but I think if its another tune up he is gonna have it should be a tune up against a real welter who brings something to the table.
ROLL DEEP
I have no problem with Floyd, and the others such as Calzaghes and Jones Jnr, taking easier fights for more money and such. That's fine with me.

You know what? I'd probably do the same.

It's their faces getting punched, not mine. It's their lives they're giving up to train, not mine, so I can see why they take those fights and make sure they're getting paid. Remeber, 'legacy don't pay the bills'.

What I do have a problem with though, is when they take the easier fights, but then proclaim to be the BEST FIGHTER EVER.

You don't prove you're the best fighter ever, then fight some C and B level fighters for more money.

If you wanna do that, then fight the C and B level fighters, get your money and stay quiet.....DO NOT start spouting out you're the best ever nono.gif

If you wanna say that, then yes, you'll have to fuck the money and go for the best opponents you can, or hope that with fighting the best fighters available, the money will be there anyway.
MarzB
Roll Deep is that really the issue?? Plenty of fighters proclaim they're GREAT and I'd rather have a fighter with confidence than not. As far as EASY money more lucrative fights, thats neither here nor there.

With Floyd I believe he knows the money isn't always going to be there and I think what he and Leonard do is border line BRILLIANT with this "HEEL" stuff they pull. People say they're not buying Mayweather PPVs and he's a boring fighter (sighing) but someone is.

Btw, it's ok to concede that you werent aware of Ray Robinson being tough as nails at the negotiation table smile.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 20 2009, 10:36 AM) *
I have no problem with Floyd, and the others such as Calzaghes and Jones Jnr, taking easier fights for more money and such. That's fine with me.

You know what? I'd probably do the same.

It's their faces getting punched, not mine. It's their lives they're giving up to train, not mine, so I can see why they take those fights and make sure they're getting paid. Remeber, 'legacy don't pay the bills'.

What I do have a problem with though, is when they take the easier fights, but then proclaim to be the BEST FIGHTER EVER.

You don't prove you're the best fighter ever, then fight some C and B level fighters for more money.

If you wanna do that, then fight the C and B level fighters, get your money and stay quiet.....DO NOT start spouting out you're the best ever nono.gif

If you wanna say that, then yes, you'll have to fuck the money and go for the best opponents you can, or hope that with fighting the best fighters available, the money will be there anyway.

does it offend your delicate sensibilities? it's not like he's writing the history books.......
MarzB
James Toney, Mike Tyson, Roy (oh never mind he's very hated as is), Muhammad Ali amongst others have said the same or similar things.

Toney's also good in Madden too smile.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 10:04 AM) *
James Toney, Mike Tyson, Roy (oh never mind he's very hated as is), Muhammad Ali amongst others have said the same or similar things.

Toney's also good in Madden too smile.gif

When Ali said it he was telling the truth.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 11:46 AM) *
Roll Deep is that really the issue?? Plenty of fighters proclaim they're GREAT and I'd rather have a fighter with confidence than not. As far as EASY money more lucrative fights, thats neither here nor there.

With Floyd I believe he knows the money isn't always going to be there and I think what he and Leonard do is border line BRILLIANT with this "HEEL" stuff they pull. People say they're not buying Mayweather PPVs and he's a boring fighter (sighing) but someone is.

Btw, it's ok to concede that you werent aware of Ray Robinson being tough as nails at the negotiation table smile.gif

That was my brother, Blackbelt, who wrote that. He used the computer I was using and I hadn't logged off, so I concede nothing.

It annoys me when that's all you hear from Floyd AND Floyd fans about he's the GOAT. Change the record - for whatever reason, he hasn't fought who he should have. End of story. That's my gripe.

He hasn't fought who he should have but still calls himself the greatest. Yawn. shut up and fight someone. Big gaylord.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Nov 20 2009, 11:56 AM) *
does it offend your delicate sensibilities? it's not like he's writing the history books.......

Lol, my 'sensibilities' are not delicate. Just gets a bit boring after a while when he never actually does fight anyone.

He's a big gaylord.

So is Calzaghe.
MarzB
You do realize that during Ali's prime and in the 70's that he was still hated a large faction of people who referred to him as an "upitty n***" or "that draft dodging n*****" right??

You're also aware of the mockcomputer fight between he and Marciano where Ali not only lost to Marciano but to slow ass Jim Jeffries right? My point in mentioning these is that to a guy who's speaking the truth, these things wouldn't have been said or occurred based on his perception at the time.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 11:34 AM) *
You do realize that during Ali's prime and in the 70's that he was still hated a large faction of people who referred to him as an "upitty n***" or "that draft dodging n*****" right??

You're also aware of the mockcomputer fight between he and Marciano where Ali not only lost to Marciano but to slow ass Jim Jeffries right? My point in mentioning these is that to a guy who's speaking the truth, these things wouldn't have been said or occurred based on his perception at the time.

oh shit, someone called him nstars !
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 10:34 AM) *

off the subject a lil but alis prime wasnt in the 70's... his prime was in the 60's... the ali of the 70's was a shell of what had been.... thats how great he was... just wanted to throw that in there...
MarzB
Thats not what I said.

I said
that during Ali's prime and in the 70's

So basically I including BOTH eras..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 11:10 AM) *
Thats not what I said.

I said
that during Ali's prime and in the 70's

So basically I including BOTH eras..

sorry homie dont cut my head off... lol...
kingknockout
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 20 2009, 08:11 AM) *

all of all that shit you typed, you said absolutely nothing, if you are going call me out of my name, then please explain why....

nothing I typed is bullshit, I kicked that real...I kept it 100, is floyd not cocky? does shane not go in some of his fights trying to go for the clear knockout? so everybody that likes boxing knows paul williams? paul williams will generate big money for boxing as a whole if he fought floyd?

point out where I was so foolish
thehype
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 20 2009, 07:13 AM) *

THERE'S ONLY OOOOOOONE FLOYD MAYWEATHER

Floyd's people said Pac and Mosley, but they didn't say when.

Chew on that for a minute.

THERE'S ONLY OOOOOOONE FLOYD MAYWEATHER

laugh.gif

thehype
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 20 2009, 06:57 AM) *

Really? Since when do you take what Leonard Ellerbe says as gospel?

laugh.gif

Here's the key...he didn't say WHEN they would fight either one of those guys.

And besides....Mosley ain't beating Berto. Mark my words. The only way Shane wins is if Berto is if he puts Berto to sleep. Otherwise, expect an ugly affair that sees Berto hugging and running all 12 rounds en route to a CONTROVERSIAL decision (much like Taylor vs. Hopkins) that will force a rematch.

laugh.gif

streetlion1
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 20 2009, 01:23 PM) *

laugh.gif

And besides....Mosley ain't beating Berto. Mark my words. The only way Shane wins is if Berto is if he puts Berto to sleep. Otherwise, expect an ugly affair that sees Berto hugging and running all 12 rounds en route to a CONTROVERSIAL decision (much like Taylor vs. Hopkins) that will force a rematch.

laugh.gif

No way. Mosley is gonna either put Berto to sleep or give him a boxing lesson...or both. Berto doesnt have the skill to beat Shane.....ask Luis Collazo.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 20 2009, 02:23 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I agree Hype. Berto is a strong, fast well conditioned welterweight and might beat Mosley. Funny thing Mayweather calling him out when Mosley already has a fight signed with Berto lol.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 20 2009, 02:23 PM) *
And besides....Mosley ain't beating Berto. Mark my words. The only way Shane wins is if Berto is if he puts Berto to sleep.

Considering Berto's shaky chin, that's a strong possibility then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.