Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing is ALIVE and WELL!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
By Mark Vester

According to the guys at HBO, last Saturday's Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto pay-per-view generated 1.25 million buys; beating out the buyrate of September's Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez pay-per-view, which generated a million buys. Mayweather's team had anticipated that Pacquiao-Cotto would do a higher number. Mayweather stated on Monday that Pacquiao would like do a higher number because he had a "dance partner" in Cotto. Mayweather doesn't think Marquez brought anything to the table in terms of pay-per-view buys.

HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg stated that Pacquiao-Cotto grossed $70 million. The buyrate number breaks down to 650,000 buys from cable, 600,000 from satellite and 110,000 buys from Puerto Rico.

The two pay-per-view buyrates are good sign that boxing is starting to come back in a big way. It was the first time in a decade that two boxing pay-per-views generated a million buys in the same year. Top Rank and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions [acting for Mayweather] are in talks to make a Mayweather-Pacquiao clash for next year.

The last two PPV's have broke 1 million sales each!!! And no one named Tyson or De La hoya were fighting. thumbsup_anim.gif clapping.gif Boxing is dead my ASS!
BigG
Boxing rules!
MarzB
I'm biased so any good news in boxing where it beats that other combat sport is good news in my eyes. I thought the undercard sucked though. Santos should be ashamed for coming in that out of shape (19lbs come on) and I hope John Duddy knocks that fraud JCCjr out with that bloated inflated record.

That said the main event was entertaining and good for both fighters.
The CEO
Hell yeah it is...

Ward UD Kessler.
JLUVBABY
all boxing needs is a dominant american heavyweight champ and things will be back to normal... is that asking too much?
kingknockout
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 01:26 PM) *
I'm biased so any good news in boxing where it beats that other combat sport is good news in my eyes. I thought the undercard sucked though. Santos should be ashamed for coming in that out of shape (19lbs come on) and I hope John Duddy knocks that fraud JCCjr out with that bloated inflated record.

laugh.gif i dont like MMA either
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 20 2009, 01:30 PM) *
all boxing needs is a dominant american heavyweight champ and things will be back to normal... is that asking too much?

Arreola was our last hope laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 20 2009, 11:42 PM) *

i know its not gonna happen but im hopin kingpin can pull a rabbit out the hat next month... but fact is he's gonna get knocked out brutally... lol...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 01:26 PM) *

Marz that quote regarding Duddy/JCC is that not a little of the pot calling the kettle black? LOL
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 21 2009, 06:42 AM) *

That is so so sad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.