Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Floyd Deserves More Money Than Pacman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Waybetter
Love both Fighters...
but these men are both stubborn
And it will be hard to make this fight..
But this is one reason Why i Think Floyd Deserve more

Pac vs Marquez= 400,000 ppv buys / May vs De La hoya= 2.4m ppv buys
Pac Vs Diaz= 350,000 ppv buys / May vs Hatton= 950,000 ppv buys
Pac vs De la hoya=1.25m buys / may vs Marquez=1m ppv buys
Pac vs Hatton= 850,000 buys
Pac vs Cotto=1.25 buys

Grand total for pacman= 4,100,000 ppv buys Grand total for MOney= 4,350,000 ppv buys

Floyd Last 3 fights did better that Paquios last 5 fights
The proof is in the pudding
And its not about who is more exciting...
Its Who Bring in the more MONEY...
Romulus9
That was an awfully long way to go to make a point that's not worth shit.

Great try though.

50/50 or no deal. Anything else is flat out stupid.
Mean Mister Mustard
Laughing my ass off at all these Paquiao-Mayweather threads.
Box in Hand
How bout 60/40 loser gets smaller purse?
MarzB
Do 50/50 and whoever wins gets 60/40.

Add a TKO/Knockout bonus also.

The winner could potentially land 50 million. DLH got $35-40 million win he fought Hopkins and I'm sure being part owner in GBP he received other undocumented earnings. This fight could easily do 3 million buys WORLDWIDE and thats a $180 million dollars in PPV sales alone not counting the gate or the various sponsor deals.

That said I can see why each side will indeed play hard ball as they should because both fighters will receive only a FRACTION of the total gross.

And that my friends is whats cruel about the entire thing.
Waybetter
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 03:00 PM) *
Do 50/50 and whoever wins gets 60/40.

Add a TKO/Knockout bonus also.

The winner could potentially land 50 million. DLH got $35-40 million win he fought Hopkins and I'm sure being part owner in GBP he received other undocumented earnings. This fight could easily do 3 million buys WORLDWIDE and thats a $180 million dollars in PPV sales alone not counting the gate or the various sponsor deals.

That said I can see why each side will indeed play hard ball as they should because both fighters will receive only a FRACTION of the total gross.

And that my friends is whats cruel about the entire thing.

Thats not a bad idea...but i honestly dont think this fight is going to happen...
its not about being scared or anything..
these men want to fight..
but like you said these sponsors and promotinal comps is going to make to much money
of this fight....
Nay_Sayer
I wonder how many PPV buys will PBF/Pac do as compared to how many would PBF/Shane do?

If Floyd can do 1 mil PPVs with Marquez then I know he can do @ least that much with Mosley. In all likelyhood, probably more.

That said, Floyd is getting minimum 60/40 his way in a fight with Shane.

Add it all up and I don't think we'll see PBF/Pac until 2011...
Romulus9
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Nov 20 2009, 03:31 PM) *
I wonder how many PPV buys will PBF/Pac do as compared to how many would PBF/Shane do?

If Floyd can do 1 mil PPVs with Marquez then I know he can do @ least that much with Mosley. In all likelyhood, probably more.

That said, Floyd is getting minimum 60/40 his way in a fight with Shane.

Add it all up and I don't think we'll see PBF/Pac until 2011...

I'll be surprised if we see Pacquiao-Mayweather. Ever.

40/40 with the extra 20 to go to the winner would be perfect, and would add another element to the fight. If Mayweather was so sure that he's the best fighter to ever lace up the gloves, he should agree to that as soon as the offer is made.

I think the Mosley fight is far more likely, especially with Floyd now associated with GBP. They can have a megafight and essentially freeze Bob Arum out of it.

I think Shane wins that fight too. Of course, that idea is subject to change based on how Mosley looks against Berto. If it's the Mosley that decimated Captain Plaster, it's a win.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Waybetter @ Nov 20 2009, 02:47 PM) *
Love both Fighters...
but these men are both stubborn
And it will be hard to make this fight..
But this is one reason Why i Think Floyd Deserve more

Pac vs Marquez= 400,000 ppv buys / May vs De La hoya= 2.4m ppv buys
Pac Vs Diaz= 350,000 ppv buys / May vs Hatton= 950,000 ppv buys
Pac vs De la hoya=1.25m buys / may vs Marquez=1m ppv buys
Pac vs Hatton= 850,000 buys
Pac vs Cotto=1.25 buys

Grand total for pacman= 4,100,000 ppv buys Grand total for MOney= 4,350,000 ppv buys

Floyd Last 3 fights did better that Paquios last 5 fights
The proof is in the pudding

I'm not so sure I agree with this.

For me Manny now has all the momentum as a box office star coming into this (potential) fight.

The numbers are actually closer than what I thought, Mayweather having the benefit of that colossal 2.4m buys with De la Fishnets. You have to remember nobody had seen anything like a 24/7 before as a way to promote a fight and I truly believe that had a lot to do with the mega numbers for that particular fight.

Seriously if Tyson/Holyfield or Tyson/Lewis had had the benefit of a 24/7 do you think ANY of these numbers would be close to their PPV stats? I highly doubt it.

For me Manny is now the true global superstar. My freaking mum loves watching the little Filipino buzzsaw knocking people out. My girlfriend is the same, she's no great boxing fan but she can't get enough of that little guy!! The other night she was round at some chicks party and she tried to get them to watch Hatton/Pac on YouTube!! LOL

My point being that's the kind of crossover appeal that Manny has. Do you think making them watch PBF fights would have the same effect? Manny makes the casual fan want to watch the big fights. We all know that us nut jobs on these boards will pretty much watch anything that is out there but Manny's ability to make the usually uninterested fan tune in is what makes him a phenom.

I mean how the hell did a little dude from the Phillipines who speaks such crappy English even come close to being on the same level of star power as a guy like Floyd in the States?

Manny's figures are getting stronger, especially if we take into account that his figures for the Cotto fight are the same as for the Goldie fight.

All that being said I would agree that 50/50 would be a pretty fair split at this stage. However if PBF doesn't make this fight happen sooner rather than later I really see Manny overtaking him in popularity in the States and if Manny's numbers do start to ovetake his then he really will find it tough to get even money out of the split.

Pac's camp also need to come to the table on this. If they want the fight they should at least agree to 50/50.

50/50 can get this done, I highly doubt at this stage the fight will get done if one guy demands a bigger share of the cake.

PBF wins I'd say but Pac has some moments (see PBF/Judah) in a tougher fight for Floyd than expected.

gbh32001
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 21 2009, 05:25 AM) *
I'm not so sure I agree with this.

For me Manny now has all the momentum as a box office star coming into this (potential) fight.

The numbers are actually closer than what I thought, Mayweather having the benefit of that colossal 2.4m buys with De la Fishnets. You have to remember nobody had seen anything like a 24/7 before as a way to promote a fight and I truly believe that had a lot to do with the mega numbers for that particular fight.

Seriously if Tyson/Holyfield or Tyson/Lewis had had the benefit of a 24/7 do you think ANY of these numbers would be close to their PPV stats? I highly doubt it.

For me Manny is now the true global superstar. My freaking mum loves watching the little Filipino buzzsaw knocking people out. My girlfriend is the same, she's no great boxing fan but she can't get enough of that little guy!! The other night she was round at some chicks party and she tried to get them to watch Hatton/Pac on YouTube!! LOL

My point being that's the kind of crossover appeal that Manny has. Do you think making them watch PBF fights would have the same effect? Manny makes the casual fan want to watch the big fights. We all know that us nut jobs on these boards will pretty much watch anything that is out there but Manny's ability to make the usually uninterested fan tune in is what makes him a phenom.

I mean how the hell did a little dude from the Phillipines who speaks such crappy English even come close to being on the same level of star power as a guy like Floyd in the States?

Manny's figures are getting stronger, especially if we take into account that his figures for the Cotto fight are the same as for the Goldie fight.

All that being said I would agree that 50/50 would be a pretty fair split at this stage. However if PBF doesn't make this fight happen sooner rather than later I really see Manny overtaking him in popularity in the States and if Manny's numbers do start to ovetake his then he really will find it tough to get even money out of the split.

Pac's camp also need to come to the table on this. If they want the fight they should at least agree to 50/50.

50/50 can get this done, I highly doubt at this stage the fight will get done if one guy demands a bigger share of the cake.

PBF wins I'd say but Pac has some moments (see PBF/Judah) in a tougher fight for Floyd than expected.
A boxing fan that free of hate..Nice work mate..50-50 is fair enough no arguments.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 20 2009, 09:15 PM) *
A boxing fan that free of hate..Nice work mate..50-50 is fair enough no arguments.

Free of hate? Don't let Steve hear you say that, I aspire to his levels of hate. LOL

Try me on a Fatton thread or Cal-Slappy thread and you well may see my hate.

It's just logic though innit? If EITHER guy truly wants to get this done take 50/50 and get on with. It's still a boatload more money than most of us will see in our lifetime.

Regardless of who you prefer it's not a great look to see 2 multi-millionaires squabbling over who gets 40 mil and who 'only' gets 35.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 20 2009, 08:26 PM) *
Free of hate? Don't let Steve hear you say that, I aspire to his levels of hate. LOL

Try me on a Fatton thread or Cal-Slappy thread and you well may see my hate.

It's just logic though innit? If EITHER guy truly wants to get this done take 50/50 and get on with. It's still a boatload more money than most of us will see in our lifetime.

Regardless of who you prefer it's not a great look to see 2 multi-millionaires squabbling over who gets 40 mil and who 'only' gets 35.

very well said mr ollie... some of these fights that dont get made are slaps in the faces of fans when you consider the ammount of money both fighters will make most of us will never see in our lifetimes... its crazy to me if this fight doesnt get made.... i say 50/50 or like someone said 40/40 with 20 to the winner... thats real talk right there and the way it should be... the winner should get the bigger peice of the pie...
Mean Mister Mustard
I just wanted to know if anyone thinks this claim is true.

Arum said Pacquiao will end up making some $22 million for his 12th-round stoppage of Cotto, while Cotto will end up with around $12 million. That is far higher than either fighter was guaranteed because, as is the case with most big fights, they worked for a percentage of the total sales.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4674275

I find it hard to believe that Pacquiao made 22 mil off the fight. Could it be Arum spewing his BS?

If it does turn out to be true though, no wonder Pacuiao feels he should get the lions share. Once the man has tasted big bucks like that he is bound to want more.
lloyd mayflower
I dont know what ever spawned the belief in the first place that if 2 competetive guys get in the ring to fight it should ever be anything other than 50/50, or 60% to the winner. To say who deserves more before they even fight is just an indicator of the vile greed of todays sportsmen, which manifests itself to a fairly severe degree in Mr Fraud Gayweather.

I could see their point if one was champ and one was a bum, but there both top guys, and its not like there on the breadline, there squabbling over one sum of money that you would struuggle to ever spend, and a slightly larger amount of money that you would struggle to spend

But then maybe im just an idealist
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 21 2009, 10:09 AM) *
I dont know what ever spawned the belief in the first place that if 2 competetive guys get in the ring to fight it should ever be anything other than 50/50, or 60% to the winner. To say who deserves more before they even fight is just an indicator of the vile greed of todays sportsmen, which manifests itself to a fairly severe degree in Mr Fraud Gayweather.

I could see their point if one was champ and one was a bum, but there both top guys, and its not like there on the breadline, there squabbling over one sum of money that you would struuggle to ever spend, and a slightly larger amount of money that you would struggle to spend

Can you say Bob Arum hata?
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 21 2009, 07:04 AM) *
I just wanted to know if anyone thinks this claim is true.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4674275

I find it hard to believe that Pacquiao made 22 mil off the fight. Could it be Arum spewing his BS?

If it does turn out to be true though, no wonder Pacuiao feels he should get the lions share. Once the man has tasted big bucks like that he is bound to want more.

Yea, I'm thinking that is true. Pacquiao and Cotto's pay went up significantly once the PPV number's came out. I think Pacquiao and Cotto were guaranteed at least $15 and $8 million respectively, plus there share of the PPV depending on its success. With the fight being a huge success and doing 1.25 million homes at $55 dollars, I can see Pac and Cotto getting a $7 million bonus. I mean the fighters are only getting $14 million out of a $70 million PPV revenue. I may be a little wrong but I think its true.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 21 2009, 05:59 PM) *
Can you say Bob Arum hata?

What is it with people appearing on this board just to get involed in Mayweather threads and call people haters?

Im sure if you take the trouble youl be able to find a post 2 in my name that mentions the reasons why i think Bob Arum is going to hell, and also that i think Pac is also a greedy bastard. But let me guess, all your here to do is tell everyone why we shouldnt hate Floyd?? Are you saying you disagree with my post?

Let me put it to you and all these other fuckin nuthuggers who care about Floyds bank balance....

Are you saying that you would be happy for the fight not to happen if Floyd doesnt get the daddys share? When did following boxing become about following some arrogant cunt hood rat getting rich then throwing his money around like hes better than me while the rest of us have to work to get a living?

My point is this, if this fight doesnt happen because 35 million snaps isnt enough for Fraud, then he really is the cunt iv always said he is
MarzB
I doubt this will be answered but I'll try anyways. I direct this to the loud anti Floyd Mayweather faction. I understand you all hate Floyd. I don't understand it but I understand some things aren't to be understood granted.

But what I have a hard time grasping and I pose to you is the following. Lets pretend Floyd Mayweather was your client and you were his negotiator right? Say you were his Schaefer/Ellerbe. Again I know this is VERY VERY VERY tough for you all but again it's just a role play. Try to see things from the other side for a change.

You guys mean to tell me that you all would accept anything or 60/40 based on your clients body of work? Seriously?? You mean to say you would do absolutely NO haggling whatsoever on your clients behalf??
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 21 2009, 04:08 PM) *
I doubt this will be answered but I'll try anyways. I direct this to the loud anti Floyd Mayweather faction. I understand you all hate Floyd. I don't understand it but I understand some things aren't to be understood granted.

But what I have a hard time grasping and I pose to you is the following. Lets pretend Floyd Mayweather was your client and you were his negotiator right? Say you were his Schaefer/Ellerbe. Again I know this is VERY VERY VERY tough for you all but again it's just a role play. Try to see things from the other side for a change.

You guys mean to tell me that you all would accept anything or 60/40 based on your clients body of work? Seriously?? You mean to say you would do absolutely NO haggling whatsoever on your clients behalf??

No Marz I'll make this very very simple for you. If I was his advisor and we are talking about the biggest fight in boxing, and in revenue terms probably ever, AND I was confident of my guy getting the 'W' with a rematch clause in there so we get to do it again I would say 'take the 50/50 deal fucka and lets get this bad boy on.'

I fail to see how 50/50 is 'accepting anything' which is how you put it.

I will also add that if I was an advisor to Pac I would be saying the same thing.

Big Slim Sweet
50-50 make the fuckin fight.
MarzB
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 21 2009, 10:09 AM) *

Yes you are and I love "idealist" such as yourself because way back in the days of Jack Johnson, fighting hasn't been 50/50 so again lets end the idealistic nonsense..
torvix2000
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 21 2009, 11:59 PM) *
No Marz I'll make this very very simple for you. If I was his advisor and we are talking about the biggest fight in boxing, and in revenue terms probably ever, AND I was confident of my guy getting the 'W' with a rematch clause in there so we get to do it again I would say 'take the 50/50 deal fucka and lets get this bad boy on.'

Kinda like Roach saying 50-50, let's make the fight. Because he's confident of Pacquiao winning.
MarzB
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 22 2009, 12:06 AM) *
Kinda like Roach saying 50-50, let's make the fight. Because he's confident of Pacquiao winning.

dude whats up with this pointless post really? Freddie Roach of course feels this way because he stands to make a ton of money but considering I also said it should be 50/50 why be redundant??
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 22 2009, 12:02 AM) *
Yes you are and I love "idealist" such as yourself because way back in the days of Jack Johnson, fighting hasn't been 50/50 so again lets end the idealistic nonsense..

I thought Tyson/Lewis was 50/50? Or was it one of the Tyson/Holyfield fights? I could be wrong I'm not super adament about it but I think there have been a few cases down the years where two big names have split the pot down the middle. Why shouldn't this fight be one of them?

Both sides need to end this dick measuring contest and agree to half each.
torvix2000
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 22 2009, 06:19 AM) *
dude whats up with this pointless post really? Freddie Roach of course feels this way because he stands to make a ton of money but considering I also said it should be 50/50 why be redundant??

Well, the debate here is primarily because Floyd would want 60-40 or 55-45. It doesn't matter what you feel.
Byrd Man
why does anyone in here, or on these other message boards get all bent out of shape and seemingly personally offended at the idea that Manny OR Floyd wouldn't get a 50/50 split?

I see people who are Pac fans and people who are Floyd fans fucking crying and gnashing their teeth and tearing their clothes at the very notion that their favorite fighter would have to accept a 50/50 deal.

SERIOUSLY? how does that affect any of us? How does Floyd getting 50% of 60% or 90% affect any of you Floyd fans?

And the same goes for the Pac fans.

I don't see it. I understand you liking someone and thinking they outdraw the other person and they should get more money or something, but not one penny is going in ANYONE'S pockets on these message boards.

I think some of these cats act like they're getting a cut and so they want their guy to get the most possible, so they're cut is bigger.

lol
torvix2000
And both men are squandering their earnings. However, Gayweather has squandered his the most. Pacquiao has money than him now. So if both retire, Pac has more. Money aside, Pac's legacy is secured. Gayweather's questionable. So if both retire now, who's more of a legend?

So, this is 50-50 if both are confident. Gayweather doesn't deserve a dime more.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Nov 22 2009, 08:12 AM) *
why does anyone in here, or on these other message boards get all bent out of shape and seemingly personally offended at the idea that Manny OR Floyd wouldn't get a 50/50 split?

I see people who are Pac fans and people who are Floyd fans fucking crying and gnashing their teeth and tearing their clothes at the very notion that their favorite fighter would have to accept a 50/50 deal.

SERIOUSLY? how does that affect any of us? How does Floyd getting 50% of 60% or 90% affect any of you Floyd fans?

And the same goes for the Pac fans.

I don't see it. I understand you liking someone and thinking they outdraw the other person and they should get more money or something, but not one penny is going in ANYONE'S pockets on these message boards.

I think some of these cats act like they're getting a cut and so they want their guy to get the most possible, so they're cut is bigger.

lol

Perhaps because they're waiting for their next orgasm in a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight? And hearing these talks about purse splits is the aphrodisiac?
gbh32001
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 22 2009, 05:08 AM) *

The consensus of general boxing fans, promoters, HBO reps and afficionados is lock at 50-50. They should be ashamed for asking morethan that. They can refined it in weights, gloves, ring size, title of the fight etc etc but the purse split should be 50-50, period.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 21 2009, 09:08 PM) *

Try to see things from the greedy side? The fuck legacy, fuck boxing and fuck the fans I only care about paper side?

No thanks. Like iv said before, I am a boxing fan, not a promoter or advisor fan, and if i dont get to see this fight because half of probably one of the biggest pots in boxing history isnt enough for a certain -shall remain nameless- greedy prick, then you better believe im going to hate him even more.

Surely even you can admit that a fight of this magnitude should pretty much negotiate, sign and promote itself and that it would be ridiculous to let it pass by over 5 or 10%????
provo
I LIKE THE 40 40 DEAL ,BOTH FIGHTERS AGREE TO 40% AND THE WINNER OF THE FIGHT TAKES THE EXTRA 20% THAT'S A GOOD IDEA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.