Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones v.Green & Hopkins vs. Ornelas on VERSUS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
Since there are some Aussie posters here, I'm curious of the hype down there about this fight. Is it true this is PPV and that Jones is getting 5 mil??

I think its great both of these fights will be on FREE TV STATESIDE in almost two weeks. GREAT!!!
Lil-lightsout
Not from Australia, but I am interested in these fights. Kind of snuck up on me. I really hope Roy wins impressively, and Hopkins does too. I know alot of people could careless to see them fight again, but I would not mind seeing it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'm not from Oz but I suspect we will get the feed in NZ as we did for Mundine/Soliman and Mundine/Green fights.

I actually think Roid should win this fairly easily. It won't be exciting (it often isn't with Roid) but Green strikes me as fairly one dimensional. Obviously Fitz, Steve and Aussie Lad have seen more of him than me so I stand to be corrected.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 20 2009, 09:14 PM) *
Since there are some Aussie posters here, I'm curious of the hype down there about this fight. Is it true this is PPV and that Jones is getting 5 mil??

I think its great both of these fights will be on FREE TV STATESIDE in almost two weeks. GREAT!!!

I don't think I can emphasize how big this fight is I really dont.

Every single pub & club I have been in has the posters up the ads are all over TV. This is huge & by huge I mean bigger than any fight that has ever been shown in Australia bar maybe Fenech vs Nelson II. Bigger than Lewis vs Tyson type of big media wise out here.

What you have is a very popular Aussie everyman who hits like a mule vs a legend of the sport & one of it's most popular & polarising figures. They are both getting $5,000,000.00 at least & like every single fight worth a shit down here it is on PPV.

Maxy
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 20 2009, 06:37 PM) *
I don't think I can emphasize how big this fight is I really dont.

Every single pub & club I have been in has the posters up the ads are all over TV. This is huge & by huge I mean bigger than any fight that has ever been shown in Australia bar maybe Fenech vs Nelson II. Bigger than Lewis vs Tyson type of big media wise out here.

What you have is a very popular Aussie everyman who hits like a mule vs a legend of the sport & one of it's most popular & polarising figures. They are both getting $5,000,000.00 at least & like every single fight worth a shit down here it is on PPV.

I think its a bit like if Jones came over here to fight um...well, lets just imagine there was someone worth fighting over here. Shit would be mad crazy simply because of who Roy Jones is.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 20 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Not from Australia, but I am interested in these fights. Kind of snuck up on me. I really hope Roy wins impressively, and Hopkins does too. I know alot of people could careless to see them fight again, but I would not mind seeing it.

You know I'm all over this fight and wont miss it for shit!
mrwigi
can someone tell me when the fight is?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Nov 21 2009, 04:43 PM) *
can someone tell me when the fight is?

December 2nd,

The Hopkins fight will be live. Jones-Green will be tape delayed. Surprised that Jones is fighting in hostile territory against Green. BTW I pick Green to win with perhaps a little hometown help.

Jack
Spyder
Is the Jones-Green fight airing before or after the Hopkins-Ornelas?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 22 2009, 08:53 PM) *
December 2nd,

The Hopkins fight will be live. Jones-Green will be tape delayed. Surprised that Jones is fighting in hostile territory against Green. BTW I pick Green to win with perhaps a little hometown help.

Jack

Money talks. Jones is getting more than he could for any fight stateside.

Lil-lightsout
Just read an interview of Green on fightnews.com. He seems like a pretty cool down to earth guy, and very respectful.
STEVENSKI
Screw Greg Inglis. He is a filthy Queenslander. This just makes me hate on Jones even more. Thanks Greg you got my fire rekindled.

Inglis lives in Sunshine which says it all really.
Fitz
He plays for Melbourne Storm though. Typical NSW hater.

Melbourne Storm(one team, one state)>QLD/NSW

Aren't you moving to Melbourne? May as well jump on board to a winning team. laugh.gif
Achille
Found this at another site has an article and video of Jones open workout with interview.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11...amp;section=all

Roy looking quick in the video. I hope Roy Sr made the trip to Australia to train him.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 25 2009, 05:18 AM) *
He plays for Melbourne Storm though. Typical NSW hater.

Melbourne Storm(one team, one state)>QLD/NSW

Aren't you moving to Melbourne? May as well jump on board to a winning team. laugh.gif

I may be moving to Melbourne but will NEVER support the Storm. I am a Eagles man through & through. Grand Final 2008 Manly Sea Eagles 40 Melbourne Storm 0 record scoreline.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Nov 25 2009, 02:49 AM) *
WOOOWW!!

1 week away till I see an all-time great boxing legend & one of my all-time favourites inside the ropes. The fight tickets arrived at my house a couple of weeks ago..just looking & holding Roy Jones tickets was crazy & feel prevlidged to have him come fight in Australia, as I'm travelling out of state to Sydney to watch the fight. I got 2 days off work for this as flight tickets & accomadation is all booked & ready to go...getting PUMPED!!

Lucky fucka!
Fitz
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Nov 25 2009, 05:49 PM) *
WOOOWW!!

1 week away till I see an all-time great boxing legend & one of my all-time favourites inside the ropes. The fight tickets arrived at my house a couple of weeks ago..just looking & holding Roy Jones tickets was crazy & feel prevlidged to have him come fight in Australia, as I'm travelling out of state to Sydney to watch the fight. I got 2 days off work for this as flight tickets & accomadation is all booked & ready to go...getting PUMPED!!

You better hope RJJ doesn't get knocked out and screw everything up. I was thinking the other day that if Hopkins and RJJ both win and fight. It will probably be the first time that we will have our favourite fighters fighting against each other, lol.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Nov 25 2009, 07:49 AM) *
WOOOWW!!

You & Fitz goin? If ya got some time to kill before the return flight let me know as I work about 5 minutes from the airport provided I am in the office.
King Eugene
I'm calling it now. Its going to look like a mixture of the Jeff Lacy and Clinton Woods fight. He's going to be taking a beating but his heart wont let him quit...his corner is going to stop it for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.