Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tszyu Judah II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nay_Sayer
Why did this fight never happen?
torvix2000
I still remember Zab saying "Winner take all. No rematch". Because he was so confident of winning. Then after his chicken dance, twas Tszyu who said, "No rematch eh, so I won't give you a rematch.".

LOL!
STEVENSKI
It was not warranted, wanted or needed. Tszyu was miles better than Judah & that Judah was the sharp focused one people on here seem to conjure up periodically.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
It didn't happen because the 1st fight wasn't close. Simple as that I'd say.
Keith
Did Judah want a rematch? I dont remember him asking for one, and if he did...... put to lazy2.gif again.
JLUVBABY
that fight didnt warrant a rematch?... it was very conclusive... lol...
salvador
I think Judah wanted a rematch badly, but Tszyu didn't. I think it was partly because Zab was so loud and obnoxious before the fight with the "no rematch" stuff and Tszyu sincerely hated him, but I also think it was because Tszyu nearly got ko'd in that first round and he knew Judah was a dangerous rematch and there was probably more money elsewhere. More than that, I think Tszyu probably thought Judah was going to tear up the division and his ko over Judah would look that much better as time went by. Remember, Judah was supposed to be the next big thing in the sport before the Tszyu fight and the only thing that derailed him was one perfectly landed punch on the chin.

moscow bear
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 21 2009, 02:03 PM) *
I think Judah wanted a rematch badly, but Tszyu didn't. I think it was partly because Zab was so loud and obnoxious before the fight with the "no rematch" stuff and Tszyu sincerely hated him, but I also think it was because Tszyu nearly got ko'd in that first round and he knew Judah was a dangerous rematch and there was probably more money elsewhere. More than that, I think Tszyu probably thought Judah was going to tear up the division and his ko over Judah would look that much better as time went by. Remember, Judah was supposed to be the next big thing in the sport before the Tszyu fight and the only thing that derailed him was one perfectly landed punch on the chin.

nearly got kod? you better be kidding.
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 21 2009, 08:03 AM) *

My thoughts exactly!
moscow bear
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 21 2009, 02:58 PM) *
My thoughts exactly!

If Judah were that desperate, all he needed to do was to become Tszyu's mandatory challenger instead of going for the bullshit WBO belt and then moving up in weight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Ummm second (or is it third?) that.
salvador
QUOTE (moscow bear @ Nov 21 2009, 09:37 AM) *

I'm not. That huge shot off the ropes in the first round had Tszyu hanging on for dear life. If Judah had been able to land one more shot, Tszyu would have gone down. I don't really know how that's even debatable.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Wow! Just had to interrupt watching the All Blacks do their thing against England to watch this fight. Didn't take long to review.

Zab actually did better in that first round than I remember but truth is although he shook Kostya up a couple of times in NO WAY did he have him close to being put down. His head cleared quickly enough and was soon enough good to continue (as evidenced in the 2nd round LOL).
lloyd mayflower
Have to agree with Fitz, theres more straw clutching going on here than a scarecrow trying to masturbate! Tszyu was going nowhere near the canvas, he was just warming up the band to start playing the birdie song for Zab to dance along to.
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 21 2009, 11:49 AM) *
You mean this one?

Tszyu was moving back and retreating while Zab missed every shot other than that one. When you are moving back avoiding punches and then get hit with one, it's natural that it will push you back further in the direction you are already going back in and then when you hit the ropes, it caused a sudden change in direction because and then lost his balance. He then clinched to get back his footing. You don't see him with jelly legs at any stage after that or any indication that he was hurt. Based on that, I don't know how anyone can say he was close to getting knocked out. The clinching was due to not having his balance or footing rather than him holding because he was hurt.

It was the punch just before that shot that hurt Tszyu and I believe that if you include that extra 5 or so seconds before the tape above begins that you'll see that Tszyu was stunned big time. He was holding on tightly because Zab had hurt him and was going in for the kill and Tszyu didn't have the legs or balance to defend himself.

It is kind of interesting that the two people here who have the strongest opinions about Tszyu not being hurt by that punch happen to be from Russia and Australia.
salvador
I actually just watched the fight again and I will concede that Tszyu wasn't quite as hurt as I had remembered, but he was definitely hurt and he was definitely hanging on for defensive purposes because Judah was coming on strong. I will stand by my comment that the punch made a lasting impression and was an important factor in Tszyu's decision not to give Judah a rematch.
Maxy
Even if everyone unanimously agreed that Zab was close to the KO (which I don't think he was), there is no way that would have deterred Tszyu from giving him a rematch.

Tszyu would beat him by knockout 10 times out of 10. Zab talked his way out of a rematch before the fight and didn't deserve one after it.
moscow bear
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 21 2009, 05:20 PM) *
It was the punch just before that shot that hurt Tszyu and I believe that if you include that extra 5 or so seconds before the tape above begins that you'll see that Tszyu was stunned big time. He was holding on tightly because Zab had hurt him and was going in for the kill and Tszyu didn't have the legs or balance to defend himself.

It is kind of interesting that the two people here who have the strongest opinions about Tszyu not being hurt by that punch happen to be from Russia and Australia.

sal, i never said he was not hurt....dont put these words in my mouth.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 21 2009, 08:29 AM) *
I actually just watched the fight again and I will concede that Tszyu wasn't quite as hurt as I had remembered, but he was definitely hurt and he was definitely hanging on for defensive purposes because Judah was coming on strong. I will stand by my comment that the punch made a lasting impression and was an important factor in Tszyu's decision not to give Judah a rematch.

You have got to be kidding me about that last sentence. Tszyu utterly destroyed Judah by devastating 2nd round KO. IMO Judah was never the same after that fight, his confidence was totally shot. That 1st round was just a feel out round for Tszyu and he was just getting warmed up. Once Tszyu warmed up and had a feel for Judah, game was over. To say a rematch never happened because Tszyu was scared of the punches that Judah landed in the 1st is complete nonsense. Tszyu would have stretched Judah out again in a rematch without a doubt.
MarzB
All that Tsyu was setting Judah up is BS. I'm not taking anything away from how Kostya annihilated him but Judah DEFINITELY won that first round pretty decisively.

That my friends and foes is Judah's problem. He's a total front runner that is completely unfocused. I personally believe that Judah thought he was going to just STEAMROLL Kostya and soon as Kostya tasted won of his lefts, it would be curtains. Unfortunately for Judah Kostya is/was extremely resilient.

I won't take anything away from Kostya but that right landed so flush Judah when he went down probably didn't realize he was down and on queer street (LITERALLY) that he popped up way too soon. That said, didn't Judah IMMEDIATELY after his suspension jump up to welterweight??

A Floyd Mayweather vs. Kostya match was more of a possibility (had Kostya not lost to Hatton) than a rematch with Zab.
D-MARV
I don't think Tszyu was in a hurry to give Judah a rematch.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 21 2009, 11:41 AM) *
All that Tsyu was setting Judah up is BS. I'm not taking anything away from how Kostya annihilated him but Judah DEFINITELY won that first round pretty decisively.

That my friends and foes is Judah's problem. He's a total front runner that is completely unfocused. I personally believe that Judah thought he was going to just STEAMROLL Kostya and soon as Kostya tasted won of his lefts, it would be curtains. Unfortunately for Judah Kostya is/was extremely resilient.

I won't take anything away from Kostya but that right landed so flush Judah when he went down probably didn't realize he was down and on queer street (LITERALLY) that he popped up way too soon. That said, didn't Judah IMMEDIATELY after his suspension jump up to welterweight??

A Floyd Mayweather vs. Kostya match was more of a possibility (had Kostya not lost to Hatton) than a rematch with Zab.

No one ever said or thought that Judah didnt win the first. He definitely did, but to say Tzsyu was almost KOed is nonsense. Judah did do great in the first, but that doesnt mean much.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 21 2009, 12:05 PM) *
I'm not taking anything away from the great Kostya Tszyu but he was definitely NOT beating down the doors for a rematch.

There was absolutely no reason for a rematch. You tell me, why was Tzsyu not beating down that door?
MarzB
My comment was more based off of Lloyd's comment where he basically was saying Kostya was just setting Judah up the entire time and that clearly wasn't the case.

Here's what's funny to me and NO I'm no longer Judah fan but its amazing how people will minimize Zab but that was Kostya's biggest win of his career.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 21 2009, 12:21 PM) *
My comment was more based off of Lloyd's comment where he basically was saying Kostya was just setting Judah up the entire time and that clearly wasn't the case.

Here's what's funny to me and NO I'm no longer Judah fan but its amazing how people will minimize Zab but that was Kostya's biggest win of his career.

Well pre-Tszyu, Judah was on his way to being that next big thing and none of his true colors had come out yet. He was steam rolling guys and was looking like a P.Wittaker with power. IMO it was a GREAT win for Tzsyu, and he forever changed Judah and made him what he is today. After the Tzsyu fight Judah was just never the same.

Fuck yea, I made it to 100 posts.
BigG
Judah is NO Pernell Whitaker. LOL.

True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 21 2009, 12:40 PM) *
Judah is NO Pernell Whitaker. LOL.

Well pre-Tzsyu, that was one of the many good things that people were saying about Judah when he was coming up in the ranks. He was supposed to be the next great thing. After the Tzsyu fight he became what he is today, a waste of talent.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (moscow bear @ Nov 21 2009, 08:37 AM) *

lol no he's not kidding watch the first rd of the fight! not the just the you tube clips that show the last 30 seconds of the fight
moscow bear
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 21 2009, 10:05 PM) *
lol no he's not kidding watch the first rd of the fight! not the just the you tube clips that show the last 30 seconds of the fight

no, YOU watch.....even sal admitted that he exagerrated.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 21 2009, 02:41 PM) *

no he fought corley for the wbo strap at 140 after i think he fought Weis, then jumped to welter once he signed with Don King.

I wanted to see a kostya vs Mayweather match but lets be honest that kostya that lost to Hatton wouldve gotten humiliated against floyd. It would've been a bad way for a future hall of famer to go out.(as it is I think the way he went out against hatton was bad)
D-MARV
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Nov 21 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Well pre-Tszyu, Judah was on his way to being that next big thing and none of his true colors had come out yet. He was steam rolling guys and was looking like a P.Wittaker with power. IMO it was a GREAT win for Tzsyu, and he forever changed Judah and made him what he is today. After the Tzsyu fight Judah was just never the same.

Fuck yea, I made it to 100 posts.

P Whitaker w/ Power??? LMAO!
salvador
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Nov 21 2009, 03:33 PM) *
You have got to be kidding me about that last sentence. Tszyu utterly destroyed Judah by devastating 2nd round KO. IMO Judah was never the same after that fight, his confidence was totally shot. That 1st round was just a feel out round for Tszyu and he was just getting warmed up. Once Tszyu warmed up and had a feel for Judah, game was over. To say a rematch never happened because Tszyu was scared of the punches that Judah landed in the 1st is complete nonsense. Tszyu would have stretched Judah out again in a rematch without a doubt.

Judah was calling for a rematch every time he got in front of a microphone for a while and Tszyu could have made more money fighting Judah again than he made fighting Tackie, Lieja or Mitchell. If Tszyu thought the fight would have been easy, he would have taken the rematch. I think it's reasonable to look at that first huge punch Judah landed and Tszyu's reaction to that punch and assume that it made some kind of impact on his decision making process when he passed on the rematch.

Kostya's ko was spectacular and changed Judah's career because his confidence was broken. But it wasn't like Tszyu gave Judah a beating; he landed one punch directly on the button like Tito did with Vargas and Ali did with Liston. The ko was significant because of how it altered Judah's career, but it would be silly to say that round 2 of that fight was decisive enough for anyone to believe that Tszyu would have stretched Judah in the rematch. Judah dominated round one and Tszyu won a tactical round two and just happened to land one perfect punch with 10 seconds to go. If he hadn't landed that punch, I think most people watching that fight would have assumed that Judah was the smart money bet after 2 rounds.

Judah was easily the best win of Tszyu's career. Judah was faster than Tszyu, a southpaw, and probably landed the single biggest punch that Tszyu ever took. I believe Tszyu was relieved to have gotten past Judah and wasn't willing to risk tainting his biggest win - even though he could made a nice pile of cash in a rematch. And when it comes down to it, there has to be a reason Tszyu chose not to fight Judah again. He couldn't have believed Tackie was a better legacy fight or a bigger money fight. And if he really hated Judah so much, they you would think that he'd have loved the opportunity to ko him again for a big paycheck. Doesn't that make sense? What other reason could there be other than Tszyu didn't like the risk/reward of the fight?

EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (moscow bear @ Nov 21 2009, 04:12 PM) *

Exaggerated. smile.gif

you know what I'll say knock down! not ko ur right, but that uppercut followed by the left hand barrage with 1:47left in the 1st round could have put kostya down if not for the ropes and him holding on IMO. So I wont go as far as saying a ko
salvador
QUOTE (moscow bear @ Nov 21 2009, 05:12 PM) *

I admitted that I had remembered incorrectly. I didn't intentionally exaggerate.

And I'll definitely stand by my comment that Judah stunned and I would even say frightened Tszyu with that punch. Tszyu was definitely hurt and he was holding on tightly because he was temporarily too stunned to defend himself against a guy who (I believe was a comfortable favorite going into the fight) had just landed a monsterous shot and was going in for the kill.
MarzB
Do things have to be taken so literally at times?? The "Judah being the next coming of Whitaker" saying or comparison we obviously know isn't close. Big deal! Easy to say now we KNOW THAT.

But yes at the time, that comparison WAS indeed being touted ok? The same way how some new guy is the "NEXT _________" in most sports because it's easier copy for journalist.

Especially considering Judah was fast like Whitaker, southpaw like Whitaker and their relationship where Judah was his sparring partner.
MarzB
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 21 2009, 05:13 PM) *
no he fought corley for the wbo strap at 140 after i think he fought Weis, then jumped to welter once he signed with Don King.

I wanted to see a kostya vs Mayweather match but lets be honest that kostya that lost to Hatton wouldve gotten humiliated against floyd. It would've been a bad way for a future hall of famer to go out.(as it is I think the way he went out against hatton was bad)

Thank you for the correction and yes I remember that because Judah brought some lingerie to the weigh in I believe,lol.

Don't let the Aussie's here hear you say Floyd would have beaten Kostya,lol.
AussieLad
Zab landed a big shot on tszyu. Whoopy doo

Kostyas legs werent wobbling, he had the pressence of mind to avoid the bulk of the barrage of follow up shots, and finished the round strong. He got caught, but was in no danger of going out. Tszyu had an excelent chin
alaganza
If I am not mistaken. I thought that Judah really stopped punching in that second round. I thought he played around dodging punches and not throwing back. I would have liked to seen a rematch but I think Zab's lack of confidence would have led to his demise in a rematch like his over-confidence led to his demise in the first fight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 21 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Haha. No he didn't. He was never close to being knocked out. Judah landed 2 hard clean shots that got his attention. That doesn't qualify to 'nearly' getting knocked out. Unless you are throwing that term around loosely.

Oh they are. There is a massive difference between being buzzed with a good shot, staggered & dropped like a sack of shit & looking like a newborn giraffe trying to gain it's footing.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 21 2009, 04:29 PM) *

Sal what about Judah's ghetto posturing & his no rematch statement. What did he remotely do to deserve a rematch? What made him more deserving thananyone else? WHat did he achieve at 140 after Tszyu knocked him to tomorrow?
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 21 2009, 04:44 PM) *
Thank you for the correction and yes I remember that because Judah brought some lingerie to the weigh in I believe,lol.

lol lol I know some Aussie's are biased here but I cut them slack all they really have that is valuable in the sport to cling onto is Kostya.

as for the mention zab didnt really do much after kostya he just beat corley and got the wbo strap but I still believe there wasn't a bigger fight at 140 for Kostya than zab and win or lose dont really care I would have liked to see a rematch
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 21 2009, 09:44 PM) *

Because Tszyu never lost or was even remotely close to losing to a slick fighter. You wanted to beat Tszyu you have to get in the trenches & exchange leather like Phillips & Hatton did. Slick fighters got beat by Tszyu because he timed them coming in & out.

Not gonna get into this as it has been done 1000 times before but considering the pressure that Mayweather could not stand against Castillo & the fact that Tszyu was a far craftier & stronger fighter then it is not nreasonable to say that Tszyu could have beaten Mayweather then.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 21 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Judah was calling for a rematch every time he got in front of a microphone for a while and Tszyu could have made more money fighting Judah again than he made fighting Tackie, Lieja or Mitchell. If Tszyu thought the fight would have been easy, he would have taken the rematch. I think it's reasonable to look at that first huge punch Judah landed and Tszyu's reaction to that punch and assume that it made some kind of impact on his decision making process when he passed on the rematch.

You obviously don't get that Tszyu is a man of his word & principle. In his eyes & any real boxing fans eyes Judah had done nothing to deserve a rematch & so he did not get one.

Judah dominated round one and Tszyu won a tactical round two and just happened to land one perfect punch with 10 seconds to go. If he hadn't landed that punch, I think most people watching that fight would have assumed that Judah was the smart money bet after 2 rounds.

Not anyone who knew boxing & both fighters histories. Judah was always there for the timed shot always. Tszyu watched his fights with guys like Bergmann & saw the flaws to exploit. Idiots like to base this all off round one's scoring. Guess what there were 12 rounds in the fight & Judah lost. It would be like putting a sprinter in a 1200 metre race & them saying afterwards "well I won the first 100" laugh.gif

Judah was easily the best win of Tszyu's career. Judah was faster than Tszyu, a southpaw, and probably landed the single biggest punch that Tszyu ever took. I believe Tszyu was relieved to have gotten past Judah and wasn't willing to risk tainting his biggest win - even though he could made a nice pile of cash in a rematch. And when it comes down to it, there has to be a reason Tszyu chose not to fight Judah again. He couldn't have believed Tackie was a better legacy fight or a bigger money fight. And if he really hated Judah so much, they you would think that he'd have loved the opportunity to ko him again for a big paycheck. Doesn't that make sense? What other reason could there be other than Tszyu didn't like the risk/reward of the fight?

Dunno where people get the idea that Tszyu hated Judah? He did not think that Judah deserved a shot at him after his behaviour. Tszyu may not have respected Judah as a man after his behaviour post fight but hated? Get a grip Sal.
Thegreatequalizer
tszyu was buzzed a little from judah in the first round, but he wasn't in any danger or anything. people who think that is the reason he didn't give a rematch they need to watch the prefight video for the fight about judah. judah's ego was so huge and he was talking like a total douchebag and acting like no one could touch him. it's really hilarious, especially considering the outcome. you can't be that disrespectful and expect someone to give you a rematch after they tko you in the 2nd. how often is a fighter afraid to give a rematch to someone they ko'd? tszyu already knew he could hurt him. i guess trinidad was scared of vargas too, since vargas kept trying to get a rematch and trinidad wouldn't give it to him.
salvador
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 21 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Get a grip Sal.

First of all, I sincerely believe (and I could be wrong) that Judah was a semi-heavy favorite in that fight because of his speed, power, and pure athleticism. I point that out to put the one punch ko into perspective. Until that moment of that single punch, I believe that most who were watching that fight believed that the fight would come down to Kostya's ability to control the moment to moment action in between being interrupted by a hard straight left hand from Judah that could end/change the fight at any moment. And neither side was relaxed 15 seconds before the end of the first round. It came down to one perfect punch (that came after a pretty scary moment just 4 minutes earlier).

Second, Tszyu made a decision to take less money to fight lesser fighters rather than get back in the ring with Judah. Why? The fans would have preferred it to Tackie or Mitchell. How often do fighters fight guys of less stature for less money when they know they can beat a guy that would draw more viewers and more money? How many times has that happened in the history of boxing? The man of principle/Rod Laver Australian sports icon bullshit about Tszyu is almost funny.

Wouldn't you rather have seen Judah-Tszyu 2 than Tszyu-Tackie? And do you really think that that first punch of Judah's in the first round wasn't the most stunned Tszyu has ever been? That that was the first time that he'd ever seen such speed and power in one single punch? That round had to have made an impression on him. And afterward he fought lesser guys for lesser money than he could have gotten fighting Judah.

That doesn't seem so far fetched.

MarzB
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 21 2009, 08:05 PM) *
Because Tszyu never lost or was even remotely close to losing to a slick fighter. You wanted to beat Tszyu you have to get in the trenches & exchange leather like Phillips & Hatton did. Slick fighters got beat by Tszyu because he timed them coming in & out.

Not gonna get into this as it has been done 1000 times before but considering the pressure that Mayweather could not stand against Castillo & the fact that Tszyu was a far craftier & stronger fighter then it is not nreasonable to say that Tszyu could have beaten Mayweather then.

how many times do you and I have to go through this. THERE IS NO ONE ON KOSTYA's RESUME that had a style even remotely RESEMBLING Floyd Mayweather including his UNCLE ok??

And also Kostya is from Russia so lets just end the countrymen "I'm loyal to him" BS ok.. You know good and well as much respect as I have for Kostya but you KNOW if FLOYD EVER QUIT like KOSTYA did you'd probably have that tattooed on yourself.

So keep that in mind that YOUR BOY was OUTMUSCLED in a close fight that he actually did some work in and ended up QUITTING and that's the LAST image we have of HIM alright?
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 21 2009, 09:09 PM) *
I don't like how you point out that he fought 'lesser guys, for lesser money'. He was the UNDISPUTED champion, and he fought his mandatories. What an undisputed champion is supposed to do. Defend his titles to guys that they put in front of him. He was doing what a lot of fighters ignore and that is what's wrong with boxing today. You want him to give away his titles to fight a guy he knocked out in the 2nd round? That's why we could see Mayweather-Pacquiao for no titles and just money. Fighters are supposed to fight for titles and become champions, not for money. Tszyu was the undisputed champion, he defended his titles rightfully so and placed prestige over money much like Hopkins was doing for a period at 160. Doing what you are suggesting is what's killing the integrity of the sport. Fighters not giving a shit about titles.

It's hard to argue with someone who's using the sacred nature of the belts as a foundation of his argument. - Who's my buddy? Seriously, defending his titles? Who owns those organizations?

And whether or not you like it, Kostya did fight lesser guys for lesser money. Maybe it was noble and maybe it was convenient. But he definitely fought lesser guys for lesser money. Maybe he really didn't think there was any chance his family would ever need the extra money he could have earned for an easy night out with Zab. But then again, maybe he was damn happy to get by a guy who stunned the hell out of him with the kind of speed and power he'd never seen before. Just maybe.

MarzB
Fighters are supposed to fight for titles and become champions, not for money.

Where the hell did this altruistic bullschit notion arise from?? Also who the hell are YOU or anyone else here (when you're NOT taking the risk) to say what should be anyone's drive, fuel, motivation in what they fight for? Seriously answer that?

You're FAN when it's all said and done. You're not the person thats away from their children calls for them and they're not there where the mother has to deal with the kids crying. That sounds corny I know but considering you're not even 30 years old it's no wonder you have such immature viewpoints.

The bottom line is whether a boxer chooses to fight for; money, women, notoriety, legacy within the sport whatever. It has not only no bearing on you but "YOU" don't factor into what in the end they have to live with..

Maybe thats why you're a Floyd Mayweather CERTIFIED hater in that he tells you flat out "FUCK YOU, I LIVE MY LIFE FOR WHATS IMPORTANT TO ME NOT YOU" and for some reason you think you have some right into his or any other fighters lives to say "no, as a boxing fan you owe me this". When in fact NONE OF THEM owe you ANYTHING!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 22 2009, 02:00 AM) *
First of all, I sincerely believe (and I could be wrong) that Judah was a semi-heavy favorite in that fight because of his speed, power, and pure athleticism. I point that out to put the one punch ko into perspective. Until that moment of that single punch, I believe that most who were watching that fight believed that the fight would come down to Kostya's ability to control the moment to moment action in between being interrupted by a hard straight left hand from Judah that could end/change the fight at any moment. And neither side was relaxed 15 seconds before the end of the first round. It came down to one perfect punch (that came after a pretty scary moment just 4 minutes earlier).

Second, Tszyu made a decision to take less money to fight lesser fighters rather than get back in the ring with Judah. Why? The fans would have preferred it to Tackie or Mitchell. How often do fighters fight guys of less stature for less money when they know they can beat a guy that would draw more viewers and more money? How many times has that happened in the history of boxing? The man of principle/Rod Laver Australian sports icon bullshit about Tszyu is almost funny.

Wouldn't you rather have seen Judah-Tszyu 2 than Tszyu-Tackie? And do you really think that that first punch of Judah's in the first round wasn't the most stunned Tszyu has ever been? That that was the first time that he'd ever seen such speed and power in one single punch? That round had to have made an impression on him. And afterward he fought lesser guys for lesser money than he could have gotten fighting Judah.

That doesn't seem so far fetched.

Judah was the betting favourite for some unknown reason in that fight. Plenty of people made money exploiting that mistake. Tszty chose to fight his mandatories so he could remain undisputed & Tackie had earnt his shot & unlike Judah actually lasted the duration of the fight. As for him being a man of principal, humility & dignity you act like there is something wrong with that. Would it be better if he was a outright cheat like Margarito?

As for that being the most stunned Tszyu has ever been I strongly suggest you do a little research on the subject before you come across lokking like a bigger dick than you already do. Try watching the Phillips fight for a start......
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 21 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Fighters are supposed to fight for titles and become champions, not for money.

Where the hell did this altruistic bullschit notion arise from?? Also who the hell are YOU or anyone else here (when you're NOT taking the risk) to say what should be anyone's drive, fuel, motivation in what they fight for? Seriously answer that?

You're FAN when it's all said and done. You're not the person thats away from their children calls for them and they're not there where the mother has to deal with the kids crying. That sounds corny I know but considering you're not even 30 years old it's no wonder you have such immature viewpoints.

The bottom line is whether a boxer chooses to fight for; money, women, notoriety, legacy within the sport whatever. It has not only no bearing on you but "YOU" don't factor into what in the end they have to live with..

Maybe thats why you're a Floyd Mayweather CERTIFIED hater in that he tells you flat out "FUCK YOU, I LIVE MY LIFE FOR WHATS IMPORTANT TO ME NOT YOU" and for some reason you think you have some right into his or any other fighters lives to say "no, as a boxing fan you owe me this". When in fact NONE OF THEM owe you ANYTHING!

Marz dude that's some rant. But as Jules Winnfield says in Pulp Fiction, "please allow me to retort."

You make some valid points but surely we the fans also have a right to express our opinions? These guys, the top guys are multi millionaire's but who do you think pays their wages? We do. The fans. Without us these guys would be fighting for kicks on the streets.

No I don't think that automatically means they have to do everything we the fans dictate, because ultimately if we don't like it we can choose to vote with our wallets, but on forums like this you can be damn sure that myself and others are going to have our say.

The problem with Floyd and one you haven't addressed is that he makes some outrageous claims such as being better than SRR. Now problem is if you're just fighting for the biggest bucks and the least risk (as he appears to be currently doing) then he better shut the fuck up when it comes to that grandiose bullshit.

You can't have it both ways Marz. I personally have no problem with PBF fighting various easy beats and midgets, I do have a problem with him pronouncing himself as the greatest of all time. You see the difference?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.