Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rodely Mayol stops Edgar Sosa in 2, Marvin Sonsona-Alejando Hernandez ends in draw
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Mayol finally wins the World title (WBC Junior Flyweight Title). Good job. He looked good in the fight.

Sonsona, the 19 year old sensation had a tough fight with Hernandez. The decision was fair. Sonsona will take this as a learning experince. It was a good, exciting fight and Sonsona has to work on his defense. He was fighter a very tough guy who's never been knocked out and Sonsona was getting tagged on the inside. Sonsona also lost the title at the scales and will be moving up to 122, I think. He's tall as hell for his weight and being 19, he is still growing.
BigG
Here is the Mayol-Sosa fight

kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 22 2009, 03:38 PM) *
Mayol finally wins the World title (WBC Junior Flyweight Title). Good job. He looked good in the fight.

Sonsona, the 19 year old sensation had a tough fight with Hernandez. The decision was fair. Sonsona will take this as a learning experince. It was a good, exciting fight and Sonsona has to work on his defense. He was fighter a very tough guy who's never been knocked out and Sonsona was getting tagged on the inside. Sonsona also lost the title at the scales and will be moving up to 122, I think. He's tall as hell for his weight and being 19, he is still growing.

Mayol fought great but there needs to be a rematch Sosa was clearly not the same after the butt he should have taken more time to recover but hey thats boxing.

Sonsona looked horrible i don't know if there just hyping the kid up or what cause Hernandez ain't nothging special and he gave Sonosna hell but he's still only 19 and learning.

Also last night inMexico Giovannie Segura stopped filipino Sony Boy Jaro in 88 seconds with a brutal body shot. Segura can bang he's not the most skilled but his pressure and power will be too much for any opponent at 108lb IMO he's like a little Margarito(minus the loaded wraps i hope LOL). I wanna see Segura go at it with the winner of Sosa/Mayol rematch or Viloria either fights would be wars.
BigG
Well the rematch (Mayol and Sosa) will probably happen since both fighters have agreed to it.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 22 2009, 07:08 PM) *
Well the rematch (Mayol and Sosa) will probably happen since both fighters have agreed to it.

I knew Mayol had a punchers chance in this fight but you could clealry see that after the butt Sosa wasn't doing anything he was infront of mayol instead of boxing him he was still hurt from that butt but Mayol did the right thing in going after him knowing he was probably still buzzed. Either way i felt Sosa had to fight a near perfect fight for 12 rds because Mayol would have been dangerous from the begining to the end.
gbh32001
What an easy fight for Mayol the "magnum force" to "kid rapido" to "headbutt king". Sosa look like a dried vegetable after the head butt, lucky Mayol he got his dream after 3X of trying to win thru his head. A rematch will yield thesame outcome though like his 1st and 2nd bout with Calderun.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 23 2009, 12:37 PM) *
What an easy fight for Mayol the "magnum force" to "kid rapido" to "headbutt king". Sosa look like a dried vegetable after the head butt, lucky Mayol he got his dream after 3X of trying to win thru his head. A rematch will yield thesame outcome though like his 1st and 2nd bout with Calderun.

Mayol had an easy fight but like i said the butt had alot to do with it IMO. Not saying mayol would have lost but given Sosa wins against the likes of Viloria Rubillar and Jaro it should have been a much more competitve fight and if the rematch happens and as long as Sosa watches his head i think the fight wouldbe a toss up.
mexi-cutioner
I think Sonsona will bounce back. He showed alot of poise, potential and maturity in hisprevious two fights knocking out former Thai world champ and knocking down and beating the reputable Jose Lopez. Clearly his body is growing and filling out, it'll be interesting to see how he pans out making the jump to the super bantamweight division
kidbazooka1
Looks like the head clash was even worser than i thought.

link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.