Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berto: "I think I can brawl with him"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
"I think I can brawl with him. I can box with him. I'm sure I can deal with anything that he tries to bring to the table. I'll be able to handle it. I think my punch output is going to make a big difference. I think I'm going to force him to fight. He thinks that he has a lot to prove. I think it's a big mistake to think you can prove something with a young fighter like me. I think I'm going to the fastest fighter that he's ever fought." - Andre Berto

Does he honestly believe this nonsense?
Lil-lightsout
Only thing I agree with is about the fastest fighter part. Berto is one fast mofo.
Keith
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Nov 23 2009, 03:19 PM) *
"I think I can brawl with him. I can box with him. I'm sure I can deal with anything that he tries to bring to the table. I'll be able to handle it. I think my punch output is going to make a big difference. I think I'm going to force him to fight. He thinks that he has a lot to prove. I think it's a big mistake to think you can prove something with a young fighter like me. I think I'm going to the fastest fighter that he's ever fought." - Andre Berto

Does he honestly believe this nonsense?

This coming from a guy who didnt want to "brawl" with Urango? He stayed as far away from Urango as he could, danced around him and threw combos in spurts for 12 rounds. A guy who also didnt look particularly good "brawling" with the heavy handed Collazo... thats funny. He could beat Mosley but he wont do it "brawling". Thats a joke from a guy who's trying to talk himself into thinking he can do something he cant because he lacks confidence.
neophyte7
Pillow fisted Collazo almost knocked his monkey looking ass through the ropes LMAO- no way he beats Mosley
KookedKrack
Mosley kos this bum
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Nov 23 2009, 06:26 PM) *
Mosley kos this bum

Brutally
PR316
I've been wrong before and I admit it but I think the majority on this board are underestimating Berto.

Most here are expecting a walk in the park and I really don't think thats gonna happen.

This comes from a guy expecting Mosley to pull it out but I think its going to be tough and its going the distance
Keith
QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 23 2009, 07:19 PM) *
I've been wrong before and I admit it but I think the majority on this board are underestimating Berto.

Most here are expecting a walk in the park and I really don't think thats gonna happen.

This comes from a guy expecting Mosley to pull it out but I think its going to be tough and its going the distance

I think it will probably go the distance.... but I dont think it will be close. I read Mosley's interview with the Hype and in it Shane says himself that he's significantly taller with a reach advantage and he's going to use it. Berto's faster but not so much that he can make up the distance time and time again. And even when he gets there, Berto doesnt have the power to back Mosley up. I actually agree in a way with Berto in that his best chance of winning is probably to force an ugly brawl on the inside with short meaningless punches and lots of clinching. Berto wont win with clean effective punching or by dancing around and attacking in and out like he has peviously.

Berto has some physical talent but... what has he actually done in the ring that looked impressive?
alaganza
Anybody else think this brawling thing is a mistake?
provo
Berto will give Shane trouble in this fight the right hand and right uppercut will land all day when berto clinches!
BUT Shane wins by split decision!
Many people believed Shane was done before the Margarito fight,who cares what berto did against urango ,styles make fights.
Shane got outboxed by a flat footed Cotto and Mayorga crazy ass gave him trouble! He beat a "UNFOCUSED" Margarito who had just got caught cheating moments before ! Shane is getting WAY to much credit like he's unstoppable ,

I still say he wins this fight but we will all see his age be a big factor this is no easy fight for Shane !
streetlion1
Berto has shown in past fights that he isnt gonna be able to handle a guy with the skills of Mosley. This will be another statement fight for Shane setting up a huge fight with the winner of Pacquiao-Gayweather. I really dont see Berto giving Mosley much trouble at all...Shane is gonna use his reach and set up his power shots with his jab.

By the way...a pre-Margarito Cotto was a much better boxer than Berto!

Mosley wins by 7-8 round K.O.
Spyder
I'm glad that Berto wants to brawl...I like watching knockouts.
Douchebag
I have always said that Berto would end up on someones highlight reel. Now we know that it will be Shane Mosley's................
D-MARV
LMAO at Berto brawling with Mosley... He will grab, hold, and pitty pat his way to a controversial decision. Berto SD!
PR316
This is just talk. Rest assured that Berto will box and use his hand speed and movement keeping outside. Mosley has NO ANSWER for a jab and he hates it when a guy won't just stand in front of him and brawl. This isn't Antonio Margarito guys. Berto actually does have a brain and can box better than he's being given credit for on this forum.

Mosley may win it, but he's going to go through a rough, awkward fight if he's going to do it.
Lil-lightsout
Man I can not wait for this fight! I am pretty sure that Mosley is gonna KO Berto at some point. BUT, by some chance Berto beats Shane, it's going to be tough to swallow. Then we will here Floyd talking mad shit on Mosley. The year off probably was not a good thing for Shane, that could be a factor. His age might be a factor. Berto's mugging and holding style could possibly be a factor. Damn I wish this fight was on the east coast.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 24 2009, 01:46 PM) *
This is just talk. Rest assured that Berto will box and use his hand speed and movement keeping outside. Mosley has NO ANSWER for a jab and he hates it when a guy won't just stand in front of him and brawl. This isn't Antonio Margarito guys. Berto actually does have a brain and can box better than he's being given credit for on this forum.

Mosley may win it, but he's going to go through a rough, awkward fight if he's going to do it.

Berto's short stature and jabbing ability is not going to be a factor. This ain't Vernon Forrest we have here. This is Berto who is going to be wide open for shots the way he fights.
JLUVBABY
ive been calling it... win or lose berto is gonna bring mosely through hell...
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 24 2009, 07:15 PM) *
ive been calling it... win or lose berto is gonna bring mosely through hell...

Come on man!

Through hell?

Berto is a capable fighter. Shane is 38 and he's not perfect but .... What Berto fight have you watched that left you feeling impressed?
Fitz
I'm not sure what to expect from this fight. Before the Margarito fight, Mosley seems to have struggled with Mayorga and wasn't always the smartest fighter in the ring.
But against Margarito, he fought the perfect fight against him and had a game plan that he executed perfectly. He knew exactly when to clinch in that fight and he pretty much mastered the clinch in that fight and used it how it's supposed to be used. You want to show someone how a clinch is supposed to be used, I think Mosley did a good job with that.
But on one hand, I think; Was Margarito just the perfect fighter for him? On the other hand, he seems like a new person with some cunt in him since Jin Mosley and himself parted ways and then he got a new trained in Brother Nazeem. I'm still not sure if it's a coincidence we saw a Mosley we have not seen in sometime since those changes.
I'm actually pretty excited to see Mosley again. I think we can find out if it was his last great performance and Margarito was made for him, or if these changes in his life and career has shown to be beneficial. I'm going to pick Mosley probably either way, but not sure how close or dominant it will be because I am still not 100% sure on why we saw the Mosley show up against Margarito. I'm hoping it was him being rejuvenated by parting ways with his wife and a trainer that he listens to and follows game plans. Mosley always had the tools, but didn't have the discipline to always do what was necessary in a fight. This fight should tell me a lot. Can't wait for it.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 24 2009, 08:12 PM) *
I'm not sure what to expect from this fight. Before the Margarito fight, Mosley seems to have struggled with Mayorga and wasn't always the smartest fighter in the ring.

I think you guys are underrating Mayorga a bit here. The guy hits like a supermiddle and he did get that decision over the Viper while Vernon was still in his prime...
Fitz
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Nov 25 2009, 01:15 PM) *
I think you guys are underrating Mayorga a bit here. The guy hits like a supermiddle and he did get that decision over the Viper while Vernon was still in his prime...

No, I am not under estimating Mayorga. I actually really, really like Mayorga and think he is one of the biggest over achieving fighters in recent times. That's not a knock on him either, I think he does extremely well for what he has got.
But Mayorga wasn't as good then. After all, look what Trinidad and DLH did to him? Maybe Mosley didn't have to be as dominant as those two, but I thought he should have won it a little more clear.
I still remember when Mosley knocked Mayorga out in that 12th round. I was swearing at Mosley through the TV calling him a lucky bastard and didn't deserve that win. I don't hate Mosley, but I was annoyed at that time. I wouldn't have been annoyed if Mosley beat him dominantly like DLH and Trinidad, it was more the fact that Mayorga was doing well, and in my eyes winning the fight and was only moments away from winning and then "bam". I was annoyed because I didn't think Mosley deserved that win, lol.
Big Slim Sweet
Whatever else anyone thought of his performance that night, Mosley's KO of Mayorga was something terrible. laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Nov 24 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Come on man!

Through hell?

Berto is a capable fighter. Shane is 38 and he's not perfect but .... What Berto fight have you watched that left you feeling impressed?

my thing is mosely likes to brawl... i can see berto hurting mosely... not saying mosely wont hurt berto but i can see berto gettng his as well... maybe even more... mosely can be hurt too..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Nov 24 2009, 08:15 PM) *

i dont see how mayorga was able to pull of two wins over forrest... i actually thought forrest won the rematch but it is what it is... it was actually close.. too me mayorga is a fodder type of opponent.. looks good against b level opp but makes has the name to attract people for a losing effort against a level fighters and for the most part SHOULD be a SAFE opponent... oscar and trinidad fought him cuzz they looked at him as a SAFE opponent.... just my opinion...
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 25 2009, 04:11 PM) *
my thing is mosely likes to brawl... i can see berto hurting mosely... not saying mosely wont hurt berto but i can see berto gettng his as well... maybe even more... mosely can be hurt too..

Sure, anyone can be hurt. The more I think about, the more I think Shane gives him a boxing lesson... as unusual as that may sound because your right about Shane enjoying mixing it up. Brother Naz is smarter then that. I think he will get Shane to fight like the bigger man with the longer jab and overhand right. Shane will mover foward behind the jab and counter with the overhand right when Berto tries to jump in and flash his speed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.