Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oscar De La Hoya vs Manny Pacquiao...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
PR316
Oscar IMO was not that tested at lightweight except against maybe John John Molina who gave De La Hoya a rough fight and made him very uncomfortable.

Do you guys think Oscar packs enough in his left hook to knock Manny out here or does Manny outspeed him??..

P4P, I think Manny is a much better fighter.. But Oscar in his early days as a lightweight was a beast in his own right, with his KOs of Ruelas and Leija showing so. He could possibly stop Manny if he catches him right.

But I'll go with Manny to come from behind and decision him. Oscar starts fast and he gets into a rhythm once he gets his jab going. But I think Manny's southpaw stance, movement, ability to punch from angles and high workrate eventually tire De La Hoya out late so that Manny can take the 12 round decision unanimously.
BigG
To be honest I'll go for Manny by 9-3 type decision after Oscar fades Manny would dominate.
kidbazooka1
DLH by UD but i'll take Manny in a rematch after he figures Oscar out.
Hittman25
i think oscar wins because at lightweight in his prime he was fast and crisp with punches and packed some power too not knocking out power but get u movin back power i think it would look alot like juan manuel marquez and manny the second time expect that oscar is way taller and has a longer reach and that would make the difference and manny wouldnt put oscar down.....oscar win by UD
Keith
Manny works him. It would be more competetive, but DLH might get beat up worse then he did last year because as a young buck in this contest DLH wouldnt go away quietly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.