Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evander Holyfield vs. Frans Botha
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Romulus9
Okay, not really.

I saw it reported initially in a couple of other sources, but our own Evan Korn provided a piece on the fight on his New York FightHype.com Blog:

Holyfield and Botha to fight on January 16

I also ranted a bit about it in my newly created boxing blog, linked in my signature.

Seriously guys, what are your thoughts on this?

Why is this even happening? Personally, I want to hear from The White Buffalo (the FH poster, not the fighter...we've heard from him).

This is just bizarre. You'd think that as a fighter on [seemingly] extreme borrowed time, every fight would need to count. Holy has some credit to spend after beating Valuev at least 9 out of 12 rounds and getting hosed on the decision... so why is he fighting Botha for a useless title in Uganda?

It makes no sense. Wait... maybe it's setting the stage for Holyfield-Bowe IV!

That must be it.
Byrd Man
Hopefully if Holyfield wins this will satisfy his desire to win a belt and then he'll retire.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Nov 24 2009, 11:48 PM) *
Okay, not really.

I saw it reported initially in a couple of other sources, but our own Evan Korn provided a piece on the fight on his New York FightHype.com Blog:

Holyfield and Botha to fight on January 16

I also ranted a bit about it in my newly created boxing blog, linked in my signature.

Seriously guys, what are your thoughts on this?

Why is this even happening? Personally, I want to hear from The White Buffalo (the FH poster, not the fighter...we've heard from him).
This is just bizarre. You'd think that as a fighter on [seemingly] extreme borrowed time, every fight would need to count. Holy has some credit to spend after beating Valuev at least 9 out of 12 rounds and getting hosed on the decision... so why is he fighting Botha for a useless title in Uganda?

It makes no sense. Wait... maybe it's setting the stage for Holyfield-Bowe IV!

That must be it.

White Buffalo posting about Valuev was going to beat Haye was the last I heard from him. Sure he will pop in soon enough talking about Botha and Holyfield. Honestly, I could careless about this fight or what either does the rest of there careers. Only thing Botha accomplished was making it on some highlight reels with his KO losses. And Olyfield will probably beat him up too. It will be a bore fest that will somehow make it's way to another PPV crap card.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 26 2009, 10:33 AM) *
Retire? This is retirement for Holyfield. I am beginning to think he really intends to drop dead somewhere after round 6 in a ring in some country most Americans cannot find on the map.

LMFAO. Sad but true. And I just disagreed with you on the Mayweather-Pac thread.
Jack 1000
Holyfield should beat Botha by UD.

Jack
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Nov 26 2009, 12:37 AM) *
Hopefully if Holyfield wins this will satisfy his desire to win a belt and then he'll retire.

If past events have told us something about Holyfield it's that Holyfield will never be satisfied.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I just hope the loser decides to hang it up. Holyfield deserved that decision against Valuev and he should have been able to ride off with that. However, this is boxing, so of course shit can't end like that. Holyfield looked ok against Valuev, so I think he should be able to take care of Botha. I'm even surprised to see Botha around, he hasn't been relevant since the late 90's either. This is a fight that should have taken place in like 96 or 97, but Botha got KO'd by Moorer. I don't know if there's a titlist out there right now that either one of these guys will beat. However, one of them may get a shot.
Nay_Sayer
Does the older Klit have a mandatory due?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 27 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I don't know if there's a titlist out there right now that either one of these guys will beat. However, one of them may get a shot.

What if, and this is a huge what if, Ruiz beats Haye. Ruiz will have the belt and God Help us, Holyfield and Ruiz could have another chapter in their epic Battle for supremacy.

Do you think Holyfield could reasonably beat Ruiz based on how Holy looked against Valuev? I wouldn't put that out of the question, and I wonder if Holy is thinking the same thing.

I don't think he beats Haye, or any of the Klitschko's.

But he can beat Botha and he very well could be Ruiz if he gets the belt.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Holyfield couldn't beat Ruiz seven years ago, what makes me think he could do it now. That'd be the ideal opponent for holyfield though right now, cause he ain't beating the other ones. I think Ruiz would beat holyfield right now though, even though it's sad we still talking about who could beat who between ruiz and holyfield. Vitali fighting Kevin Johnson next, and even Kevin Johnson whoops holyfield right now.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 26 2009, 08:33 AM) *
Retire? This is retirement for Holyfield. I am beginning to think he really intends to drop dead somewhere after round 6 in a ring in some country most Americans cannot find on the map.

i hate to say it but this may be true.... this fight makes absolutely no scence for holyfield... when i first read it i just shook my head... holyfield might win this fight but thats not written in stone...
BrutalBodyShots
Holyfield may be able to win a portion of the heavyweight championship (like if he beat Valuev) but he has stated countless times in interviews that he doesn't plan on retiring until he obtains undisputed heavyweight champion of the world status... so in short he plans to never retire.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 28 2009, 10:29 AM) *
that he doesn't plan on retiring until he obtains undisputed heavyweight champion of the world status... so in short he plans to never retire.

laugh.gif

I'm all for chasing the dream and never giving up and all that, but seriously?

Not just one title, but ALL OF THEM?

C'mon, Holy.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 28 2009, 08:29 AM) *
Holyfield may be able to win a portion of the heavyweight championship (like if he beat Valuev) but he has stated countless times in interviews that he doesn't plan on retiring until he obtains undisputed heavyweight champion of the world status... so in short he plans to never retire.

if this is the case his people should start stock piling babyfood cuzz they are gonna need it... lol.... he needs to retire or be forced into retirement... how much more can his body take?... he was a great warrior but enough is enough.. yes he deserved the valuev fight but i feel for him if he fights any of the klits... id hate to even see him fight a peter or a tua or an arreola...
Big Slim Sweet
If Holyfield-Ruiz 4 gets made the entire sport of boxing should be dissolved.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Nov 28 2009, 01:56 PM) *

they could make it and put it on espn or versus... thats bout what that fight would be worth....
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Nov 28 2009, 03:56 PM) *

I think Holyfield takes your tag-line seriously. "If I don't die, I win."
Byrd Man
I think the Klitschkos have said in the past they will not fight Holyfield no matter what because of the respect they have for him and his obvious diminished abilities.
BGv2.0
This fight is all about $$$$$$$

The African's have been wanting to see Holyfield for quite awhile now. They had him set up to fight a nobody about 4 months ago....that fight would have sold out...but with Botha stepping back into the boxing ring, they made this fight instead....now you have two beloved commodities fighting each other....it makes both guys a bunch of cash.

Holy said about a year or so ago in an interview the ONLY fights he will take at this point in his career are fights that will be for a title or earn him a title shot with a high ranked opponent or fights that pay huge.

This fight falls in to that last catagory. Holyfield is not going to get one of the big titles out of this, nor is he going to get a shot out of this....so the cash is the only thing worth taking it for.

Holyfield wins this by TKO or KO IMHO.

Botha had been removed fromt he boxing ring for a LOOONG time prior to his last outing, and he has always lacked defense....which is the kind of fighter Holy, even at this late age...will feast on.

Col Reb
I bet it will make them a good bit of money in live gate, so I don't have a problem with it. While this fight should have happened a decade ago, I think both have the right to earn their living. I think Holy wins it, but I'll be pulling for the White Buffalo. But whatever happens, I hope we never have to sit through another Holy-Ruiz fight!
TheWhiteBuffalo
This whole thread has made me dry heave! You morons should be rejoicing over the fact that the Heavyweight division now has a fight that is worth watching! Not only is this a battle between the current best Heavyweight fighter and a respected former champion, this fight is all about two men stepping up to stake their claim in the division.

The storyline for this fight is one that is unequaled. Will the aging Holyfield show up rejuvenated due to this being the biggest challenge of his career? Or will the great Francois Botha end Holyfield's career in similar fashion to Botha's dismantling of Mike Tyson?

Only Frans Botha can give you, the misinformed fan, the wish that you all asked for. Frans Botha is the one who will retire Evander for good. My only prayer is that Holyfield is able to walk away from this fight with all of his physical and mental capacities. In a real world moment, I will tell you that this is a very dangerous fight for Evander. Standing within range of Botha's world renowned power shots is not conducive to leading your life into the "golden years". Let's all hope that the "Real Deal" doesn't have to get a helicopter flight out of the arena on his back.

So you ask "WhiteBuffalo, what does this mean for the division"? The answer is simple. A clear, stunning display of athletic talent from Botha while finishing Holyfield by brutal knockout means that the Klitschko brothers will have no choice but to acknowledge the second coming of Frans Botha. Not only would a rematch be huge for the foreign market, but this would surely rectify a huge injustice that occurred so many years ago. You scoff at this fight, merely because you have been blinded by the wasted talent of the "new generation".

Cling to your David Haye, Monte Barrett, Owen Beck world of wasted tomato cans. The informed boxing fan would clearly realize that Frans Botha has "something left in the basement" and can unite this division. I feel terrible that I have not had the time to be more active here in the forum, but I assure you now that the revelations are coming true, I will be here to guide you all into the future of this sport.

Take time to think before you type. Barring anymore political nonsense or cancellations, we will finally have some clarity in the big boy division. Rejoice!

P.S- BrutalBothaShots and BGv2.0 - I am very disappointed in how you handled yourselves in this thread. After all these years, I expected better. It is my hope that you see the err of your ways.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Dec 31 2009, 09:37 PM) *
The storyline for this fight is one that is unequaled. Will the aging Holyfield show up rejuvenated due to this being the biggest challenge of his career? Or will the great Francois Botha end Holyfield's career in similar fashion to Botha's dismantling of Mike Tyson?

Yeah right, clearly Mike's hand never quite recovered from smashing it on Botha's head.

I don't think Botha has anything 'left in the basement' and neither do you thumbsup_anim.gif

However this was the most enjoyable piece of fiction that I have read in a while, a straight tie between yourself and Beardo's Tarantino-esque 70's biker piece in another thread.

I trust closer to fight time you'll enlighten us with some more nuggets.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Dec 31 2009, 06:37 PM) *
This whole thread has made me dry heave! You morons should be rejoicing over the fact that the Heavyweight division now has a fight that is worth watching! Not only is this a battle between the current best Heavyweight fighter and a respected former champion, this fight is all about two men stepping up to stake their claim in the division.

Only Frans Botha can give you, the misinformed fan, the wish that you all asked for. Frans Botha is the one who will retire Evander for good. My only prayer is that Holyfield is able to walk away from this fight with all of his physical and mental capacities. In a real world moment, I will tell you that this is a very dangerous fight for Evander. Standing within range of Botha's world renowned power shots is not conducive to leading your life into the "golden years". Let's all hope that the "Real Deal" doesn't have to get a helicopter flight out of the arena on his back.

So you ask "WhiteBuffalo, what does this mean for the division"? The answer is simple. A clear, stunning display of athletic talent from Botha while finishing Holyfield by brutal knockout means that the Klitschko brothers will have no choice but to acknowledge the second coming of Frans Botha. Not only would a rematch be huge for the foreign market, but this would surely rectify a huge injustice that occurred so many years ago. You scoff at this fight, merely because you have been blinded by the wasted talent of the "new generation".

Cling to your David Haye, Monte Barrett, Owen Beck world of wasted tomato cans. The informed boxing fan would clearly realize that Frans Botha has "something left in the basement" and can unite this division. I feel terrible that I have not had the time to be more active here in the forum, but I assure you now that the revelations are coming true, I will be here to guide you all into the future of this sport.

Take time to think before you type. Barring anymore political nonsense or cancellations, we will finally have some clarity in the big boy division. Rejoice!

P.S- BrutalBothaShots and BGv2.0 - I am very disappointed in how you handled yourselves in this thread. After all these years, I expected better. It is my hope that you see the err of your ways.

I....I....I can see it now. My eyes have been opened to the greatness that IS the White Buffalo.

Forgive me for not seeing the light before.

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I SEE THE LIGHT!

The CEO
BrutalBothaShots.

laugh.gif

BigG
Alright Buffalo I'm gonna take your word for it and believe that 2010 is REALLY the year of the Buffalo...but if he losses to Oldyfield...
KookedKrack
sad.gif @ them rolling these two guys out in wheelchairs
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 31 2009, 11:23 PM) *
Alright Buffalo I'm gonna take your word for it and believe that 2010 is REALLY the year of the Buffalo...but if he losses to Oldyfield...

This is not an option. The good book speaks of what is to come.

Hypothetically, if this DID happen, I am retiring from the internet forever.......for I would have lost everything. My belief in the scriptures, my hope for a better tomorrow....everything..... all would have been stripped from me. I would be forsaken.

We all know what is going to happen. There will be a minimum of 12 threads, compiling 312 posts, all pointing to Holyfield's age as a reason for his total dismantling and complete destruction. Only a few, myself and BGv2.0 being two of them, can see what transpires for what it really is.

I hope to discuss this matter with all of you before fight time if need be.
TheWhiteBuffalo
Looks like the fight has been pushed back to February 20th.

The wheels of justice move ever so slow.
BGv2.0
Actually the fight was pushed back due to personal reasons, the press has not reported this as of yet.

It seems one or possibly more of Holy's children celebrate birthday's during the month of January.....unsure if he would survive the fight, Holy in a most gracious way, asked Botha for a slight reprieve due to wanting to see his children one last time on their actual birthday.

Being the gracious deity that he is...Botha allowed a stay of execution until February.

The ancient tome speaks of this once in a lifetime matchup....and I qoute:

"In the last days of man, with the heavy landscape barren, an old warrior makes his way past fat, bloated, boring young demons to lay claim to his rightful dignified death.

The Man-God Botha knows of the warriors intention and respects him despite his desires. Although both know the outcome is without question...the old warrior will fall.

They meet in the cradle of man to set forth the end of days....and the begining of the New Age of the Buffalo"

It's going to be glorious!
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 6 2010, 12:48 PM) *
Actually the fight was pushed back due to personal reasons, the press has not reported this as of yet.

It seems one or possibly more of Holy's children celebrate birthday's during the month of January.....unsure if he would survive the fight, Holy in a most gracious way, asked Botha for a slight reprieve due to wanting to see his children one last time on their actual birthday.

Being the gracious deity that he is...Botha allowed a stay of execution until February.

The ancient tome speaks of this once in a lifetime matchup....and I qoute:

"In the last days of man, with the heavy landscape barren, an old warrior makes his way past fat, bloated, boring young demons to lay claim to his rightful dignified death.

The Man-God Botha knows of the warriors intention and respects him despite his desires. Although both know the outcome is without question...the old warrior will fall.

They meet in the cradle of man to set forth the end of days....and the begining of the New Age of the Buffalo"

It's going to be glorious!

It is a great day to see my good friend, BGv2.0, back to his old self! I was concerned that in my absence the "common folk" who surf the board might have steered you away from the cause.

After the sacrificial slaughter on February 20th, we shall dine like kings and enjoy watching the revelations unfold! For anyone who has any questions about all of this, and wants to learn more about Frans Botha's rise to power, feel free to email or PM me. I will gladly send copies of the ancient scrolls in a PDF format.

Romulus9
Per FightNews:

Not surprisingly, the fight between WBF heavyweight beltholder Franz Botha and Evander Holyfield to take place February 20 in Kamapala, Uganda, fell through. There are hopes the bout can be rescued at a site in the U.S.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Botha's still going to fight though in Feb. Joey Abell is going to take Holyfield's place, and he's going to KO Botha. Abell trains out of my gym, and he's about 6'4 if not bigger and athletic. He can really punch and he's got some speed. This fight will be harder for Botha than Holyfield imo. I look forward to Abell KO'ing the White Buffalo and moving forward to fight Holyfield later this year.
BGv2.0
My friend....Holyfield made the right decesion. For he will live to see another day....he will have a story to tell about the mercy of the White Buffalo.

As for this Abell....in a pool of blood all 6'4, athletic lbs of him will quiver and ache at the massive beating he will recieve at the fists of an angry Man God!

The size of the lamb does not matter.....only his blood will apease the thirst of the Buffalo Nation!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
HAHA, That's awesome. For real, there's no way Abell loses to this almighty god in my opinion. Abell has had a couple hiccups in his career, but he's starting to put it together now. I know his trainers are going to have him ready to fight, and this isn't a good matchup for Botha. Plus, he's a southpaw, which will be a different look. Botha went from an ancient orthodox, smaller, old man to a younger, bigger puncher, more athletic southpaw. Really not a good look for Botha and his age will show later next month. To the big Botha fan though, way to support your fighter all the way through. I think that's really awesome, and he definitely has Abell's trainers respect.
TheWhiteBuffalo
The fight looks like it is still on. Beginning of March in Miami.

There is a God!
TheWhiteBuffalo
The thread that will not die!!

So, it appears that Evander Holyfield has committed domestic battery as an attempt to get out of this fight. Where do we go from here?

Botha vs Vitali Klitschko?

Botha vs the winner of Ruiz and Haye?

Time is on the Buffalo's side. We have no reason to anticipate any delay in regards to the march towards the title.
1zz
Old lady dropped the charges!

Let the slaughter began!
TheWhiteBuffalo
The time has come brothers and sisters!

D-MARV
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 6 2010, 07:34 PM) *
The time has come brothers and sisters!

Oh Yes it Has...

WAR HOLYFIELD!
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 6 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Oh Yes it Has...

WAR HOLYFIELD!

Mod alert! Mod alert!

This is sufficient reason for a ban! Please make an example out of him before this gets out of hand. Obviously, this is a flagrant violation of FightHype's Code (section 14 - 5-7 ) which prohibits bashing of the Man God.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 6 2010, 06:42 PM) *
Mod alert! Mod alert!

This is sufficient reason for a ban! Please make an example out of him before this gets out of hand. Obviously, this is a flagrant violation of FightHype's Code (section 14 - 5-7 ) which prohibits bashing of the Man God.

What does that make Holy when he KO's this "man god"??The buffalo has limited time on this earth if he plans on getting in there with Holy Saturday..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.