Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute-Andrade II-Preview
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I may have missed a topic about this on here, but I haven't heard much about this fight this week. This is a rematch of a pretty controversial fight in 2008, and should be a pretty good fight. I wonder if Andrade can get it going earlier this time and KO Bute, or if Bute can do what he did the first 10 rounds of the first fight for 12. I think this will be a really good fight. Any thoughts?
Lil-lightsout
I am looking forward to this fight too. The ending was very dramatic last time. I honestly think Bute will play it smarter this time and cruise to a clear decision. Bute got brave the first time around in the last round and payed for it, don't think he will do it again. I really like Andrade alot and will be rooting for him, but his skills are very limited and he can be outboxed easily. I hope Andrade made some adjustments and can somehow be more effective this time earlier, but I doubt it. I also like the mutual respect these two guys give each other.
Douchebag
Andrade isn't even that big of a puncher and he almost got Booty out of there last time. I fully expect Andrade to finish him off this time around.
D-MARV
Bute will win in more Boring fashion... Similar to Dawson-Johnson II
kidbazooka1
Im rooting for Andrade but i think Bute will box more this time around and not get caught in exchanges.

Bute by boring UD but i hope Andrade puts him to sleep.
Jack 1000
Bute by UD. He will outpoint Andrade this time without incident.

Jack
Jack 1000
I read somewhere that Canadian law says that two of the four officials must be from Canada. Marlon Wright and Gerry Bolan are considered the most experienced Canadian refs at the world title level. So that means if they opt for a neutral ref, they would have two Canadian judges. The deck is stacked against Andrade again.

Jack
JLUVBABY
i think this is going to be a much better fight then the last time out... andrade knows he can really hurt bute... i was thinking about this earlier today actually and that is andrade cant go out wreckless in trying to hurt bute again... he will have to have controlled aggression but do more damage early in this fight than the first fight if possible.. thats his only chance cuzz i see bute boxing him again for the most part... he needs to really hurt bute early...
The CEO
Bute has been sparring with Glen Johnson...he knows what to do this time, AND he's The Face of Canadian Boxing...he wins by UD.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think I'm actually gonna go with Andrade by late round stoppage. Andrade didn't let those hands go in the first fight until the 11th round. This time he'll put a ton of pressure on from the beginning and wear Bute down. I actually think this fight will look like Cotto-Margarito. With Bute building an early lead and Andrade getting punished. However, around the 6th or so, it will turn. Andrade will get through with some body shots, and when the body falls the head is next. Bute won't be able to use those legs as effectively, and he'll get trapped on those ropes. After a few rounds of this, I think Andrade will drop him a couple times, and the ref/corner will be forced to stop it. Should be a really good fight though. That first fight was awesome, and I'm really glad they finally made this rematch.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 26 2009, 01:02 PM) *
Bute has been sparring with Glen Johnson...he knows what to do this time, AND he's The Face of Canadian Boxing...he wins by UD.

my lil cuzz didnt come down ceo but i think its gonna look a lot like the fights you two had on fnr4... lol... only andrade comes back to win by ko late... lol....
Maxy
I gotta pick Bute, clear decision. He'll have learnt from the first fight.
salvador
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 26 2009, 02:14 PM) *
I read somewhere that Canadian law says that two of the four officials must be from Canada. Marlon Wright and Gerry Bolan are considered the most experienced Canadian refs at the world title level. So that means if they opt for a neutral ref, they would have two Canadian judges. The deck is stacked against Andrade again.

Jack

If Marlon Wright has anything to do with this fight then Andrade has the very worst manager in the history of horrendously bad managers.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 27 2009, 04:42 PM) *
I gotta pick Bute, clear decision. He'll have learnt from the first fight.

but max wouldnt you agree andrade learned some things as well?... i would think bute was about as good as he is going to be in that fight... andrade could pick up on some ways to better combat a boxer like bute to at least make the fight more interesting... one things for certain andrade can seriously hurt bute... im hope im right about this... they can have a good one if i am..
Lil-lightsout
Don't forget about Funeka-Guzman on the undercard, this fight should be better than the main event. Should be a good night of boxing.
Jack 1000
On Andrade-Bute I, I saw a still shot that Showtime never picked up. It shows Andrade several feet out from the corner giving evidence to the ref's case. If your a visiting fighter, you don't want to give ANY hometown ref a chance to use something to your disadvantage. It is clear that the ref should have been more concerned about a new comatose Bute in the corner rather than where Andrade was standing at that point in time. It wasn't like Andrade could have done any damage to Bute despite moving away from the corner.

Jack
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 28 2009, 12:49 PM) *
Don't forget about Funeka-Guzman on the undercard, this fight should be better than the main event. Should be a good night of boxing.

I was just thinking the same thing as I was reading through the posts. I'm really excited to see the Funeka-Guzman fight. It will be interesting to see Guzman try to adjust to Ali's height and reach advantages. I was impressed with Funeka when he fought Nate. I felt that fight could of gone either way. Guzman is a fun fighter to watch also...highly skilled and solid speed and agility. Should be a great night of boxing.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn this is going to be a really good fight card, and I've barley seen any coverage this week on any of the sites. A couple press releases and a couple write ups but that's it. I think people will be surprised with this card. Funeka might make Guzman fight tonight with that long jab he has. He looked pretty good against Campbell, so we'll see. Andrade is coming tonight for revenge.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 28 2009, 03:11 PM) *
Damn this is going to be a really good fight card, and I've barley seen any coverage this week on any of the sites. A couple press releases and a couple write ups but that's it. I think people will be surprised with this card. Funeka might make Guzman fight tonight with that long jab he has. He looked pretty good against Campbell, so we'll see. Andrade is coming tonight for revenge.

Im surprised this card hasn't gotten the exposure also. Maybe it's because of all the PBF - PAC hoopla. You heard a little bit about the main event, but next to nothing about the Funeka-Guzman fight. I also believe Funeka could pull off this fight. I don't think Guzman is strong enough to stop Funeka, but who knows. I think this fight is tossup. It's also for the IBF Lightweight title so the winner should get a decent opportunity after the victory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.