Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fantasy PPV Boxing Card-Mayweather vs Pac
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mexi-cutioner
Judging by the early magnitude and hype surrounding the potential clash between PBF and Pacman, i'm assuming that both Golden Boy and Top Rank will have a little more leeway when dishing out who gets on the undercard since the fight will generate upwards of 100 million dollars. Aside from the main event of Pacquiao vs Mayweather, the three undercard fights I WOULD LIKE TO SEE are:

Hatton vs Juan Manuel Marquez
- Both men are promoted by Golden Boy which will give GBP the opportunity to benefit from this mega fight. It'll be interesting to see how both men will perform in this bout especially since both Hatton and JMM have been defeated by Pacman and Mayweather in their last fights. It'll be sure to be an action packed fight and one that will prove a more than satisfying appetizer before the main course. As well, the fight is sure to bring out the raucous British fans as well as the passionate mexicans which will surely add excitement to the event

Edwin Valero vs Humberto Soto
- From what I remember, Valero has a license to fight in Texas so this fight can be made if the fight occurs in Cowboy stadium. This fight will be intriguing to both hardcore and casual boxing fans with Valero's eye popping 25-0 25 KO record and many have anticipated to see what the hype is about, and no better way to test this than against rugged veteran Soto who's riding a high of his own, winning 6 of his last 7 (that 1 loss coming by way of controversial disqualification) Both men are promoted by Top Rank

Andrei Arlovski vs TBA

- ALthough this bout may not appear to be much since Arlovski has yet to debut in a professional boxing bout,this fight is definitely appealing to the CROSSOVER FAN who are curious to watch the former heavy UFC champion box. Arlovski would prove to be an interesting opening bout as he is promoted by GBP and trained by Freddie Roach makings things increasingly convenient. The possibility of Arlovski being the first person to win 2 world titles in 2 combat sports will linger in the minds of many crossover fans and it will be itneresting to see how he can transfer his exceptional striking game from the cage into the ring.

What would u guys like to seee on the undercard??
kingknockout
Bernard vs Roy

Paul vs Dawson

Berto vs Shane

D-MARV
Should we be realistic?
D-MARV
I would expect to see guys like Danny Garcia and Daniel Jacobs!
leonthegee
u have to have zab vs urango on there. zab has his own following and he will swing for the fences the 1st 6 rounds.
thehype
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 25 2009, 05:57 PM) *
I would expect to see guys like Danny Garcia and Daniel Jacobs!

Shit...as much money as they're going to have to pay Manny and Floyd, they probably won't even be able to afford those guys.

laugh.gif

D-MARV
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 25 2009, 09:10 PM) *
Shit...as much money as they're going to have to pay Manny and Floyd, they probably won't even be able to afford those guys.

laugh.gif

You're right... Jacobs did just beat the "LEGENDARY" Ishe Smith! LOL
Douchebag
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 25 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Marquez v Cotto

Berto v Margarito

Hatton v Chavez Jr.

Areola v Ustinov

wasn't Chavez Jr's last fight at 160?
Snoop
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 25 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Should we be realistic?

Seriously. The first two posts would NEVER happen. It's as if we're asking, "Which two fighters do you want to see fight each other?" and then lumping them all under the Mayweather/Pacquiao superfight.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 26 2009, 02:08 AM) *
Seriously. The first two posts would NEVER happen. It's as if we're asking, "Which two fighters do you want to see fight each other?" and then lumping them all under the Mayweather/Pacquiao superfight.

Realistically, I think atleast 2 of the 3 fights I proposed could happen. What's so unrealistic of seeing Soto vs Valero on the undercard? From what I remember that fight was supposed to be the co-feature for Pac-Cotto until Valero got a DUI ontop of another previous felony charge for getting into a bar fight. Andrei Arlovski? Why not. The guy is new to pro boxing so it won't cost the promoters alot to have him on the card, yet it'd stir up alot of interest especially from the MMA and crossover fans. JMM vs Hatton may be pushing it, but in an event with the magnitude of PBF vs manny, it's not like the GBP and Top Rank couldn't dish out a little more to spice up the udnercard, not to mention, both JMM and Hatton would surely increase revenue generated from this fight. Even then, having one or the other vs a different opponent is still VERY REALISTIC imo...
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 26 2009, 01:40 PM) *
Realistically, I think atleast 2 of the 3 fights I proposed could happen. What's so unrealistic of seeing Soto vs Valero on the undercard? From what I remember that fight was supposed to be the co-feature for Pac-Cotto until Valero got a DUI ontop of another previous felony charge for getting into a bar fight. Andrei Arlovski? Why not. The guy is new to pro boxing so it won't cost the promoters alot to have him on the card, yet it'd stir up alot of interest especially from the MMA and crossover fans. JMM vs Hatton may be pushing it, but in an event with the magnitude of PBF vs manny, it's not like the GBP and Top Rank couldn't dish out a little more to spice up the udnercard, not to mention, both JMM and Hatton would surely increase revenue generated from this fight. Even then, having one or the other vs a different opponent is still VERY REALISTIC imo...

Its not realistic, because this fight will sell PPV's and tickets regardless of undercard, as would JMM v Hatton, so with that said, what will Arum and GBP do? Stack this undercard high with bullshit like usual, or put JMM Hatton on it when they know thats another potentially massive card on its own? Greed will dictate that JMM Hatton has to be a main event on its own card.
leonthegee
[quote name='lloyd mayflower' date='Nov 26 2009, 06:15 AM' post='461747']
Its not realistic, because this fight will sell PPV's and tickets regardless of undercard, as would JMM v Hatton, so with that said, what will Arum and GBP do? Stack this undercard high with bullshit like usual, or put JMM Hatton on it when they know thats another potentially massive card on its own? Greed will dictate that JMM Hatton has to be a main event on its own card.
[/quote

U think hatton v jmm will be a ppv? who the hell would pay for that in the U.S.? that fight belongs on HBO championship boxing.
lloyd mayflower

U think hatton v jmm will be a ppv? who the hell would pay for that in the U.S.? that fight belongs on HBO championship boxing.

Maybe not PPV in the US but why put them on the undercard of a fight that will sell out in the first hour anyway? Why not have it in the UK and allow Hatton to pack in close to 100K fans into Wembley?
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 26 2009, 12:01 PM) *
I was going to say the same thing, but maybe not as nice, lol. But figured I won't be the asshole today.

Didn't realize it was assholish for me to say. LOL. My bad.
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 26 2009, 01:40 PM) *

I think your Soto vs Valero is possible, mostly because people don't know who Valero is.

JMM vs Hatton would NEVER be put on Pacquiao/Mayweather for the reason you stated because that fight wouldn't need any supporting cast to increase the revenue. Think about it. We probably got one of the shittest undercards in the history of undercards for Pacquiao/Cotto, so why would we get anything better for a fight that's even bigger than that? The headliner would sell itself.

But I think the biggest thing is that promotional companies got greedy (or greedier). JMM vs Hatton could probably be a PPV in itself, Soto vs Valero could be a B.A.D or HBO Championship boxing, and Andrei Arlovski...well, that one is possible I guess.

Didn't mean to shit on your fantasies, I could see two of the three happening if promotional companies weren't in the business of fucking us out of our money. Actually thinking about it more, my comments were meant more for the second poster.
JLUVBABY
so basically what you guys are saying is we might get served up a few great amatures making their pro debuts for the under cards?... lol....
provo
Soto vs Valero on the undercard would be a good fight ! And throw Gamboa on their 2 !

Fantasy wise I would say throw Iron Mike on the undercard vs Aaerola , that shit would sell LOL iron mikes return then Pac Vs Mayweather !
Snoop
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 26 2009, 06:51 PM) *
so basically what you guys are saying is we might get served up a few great amatures making their pro debuts for the under cards?... lol....

Shiiiiiit. After seeing the garbo we were given for the last PPV, I wouldn't be surprised if we did.
JLUVBABY
honestly i think its enough money to go around to where the under card will be pretty descent... this fight is an event... i think it will be a showcase for golden boy vs arum fighters as well, maybe even another top phillipino fighter in a showcase fight... i think it may turn out to be a pretty solid card....
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 26 2009, 12:47 PM) *
honestly i think its enough money to go around to where the under card will be pretty descent... this fight is an event... i think it will be a showcase for golden boy vs arum fighters as well, maybe even another top phillipino fighter in a showcase fight... i think it may turn out to be a pretty solid card....

Yes, there WILL be enough money to be thrown around, and since boxing is making a revival and the revenue for this fight has the high potential of soaring past PBF vs DLH, it's only fair the promoters provide a decent undercard to show the world that they really do care about boxing making its way back on the map. Another bullshit PPV like the Pac-Cotto or the Delahoya vs Mayweather card, the promoters will be robbing 2.5million+ people watching on PPV and 100,000+ fans watching at the stadium, not to mention the amount of scrutiny and criticism they'll receive. AND NO BOB ARUM, JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR VS THE GUY WAITING FOR THE TAXI ACROSS THE STREET WILL NOT EXCITE OR INTEREST ANYONE AS THE CO-FEATURE MAIN EVENT!!!!!! THEREFORE:

HATTON VS JMM (Or JMM Vs Katsidis, since Katsidis is his mandatory anyway and it would defs bring excitement)
SOTO VS VALERO
ARLOVSKI VS TBD

sh*t on my dreams and i'll sh*t on your chest......
Al Hata

I just want 2 names fighting each other on the under card so I don't have to explain to the non boxing fans who they are and who they fought and shit. God damn shit gets annoying after while but if not, how about Torres/Holt 3 or James Toney.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
All I know is that I don't want to see Rocky Juarez in any undercard!!

Maybe someone fun like Arce. Or maybe Tua I wouldn't mind seeing ole Dave knock the crap out of someone. Tua and Peter would be good. Steve Cunnigham in a rematch with Marco Huck that could be fun.

Katsidis as mentioned above. Anyone who liks to throw a punch.
SmartyBeardo
Arlovski v Ustinov
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Al Hata @ Nov 27 2009, 11:20 PM) *
how about Torres/Holt 3 or James Toney.

QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Nov 27 2009, 11:31 PM) *
Or maybe Tua I wouldn't mind seeing ole Dave knock the crap out of someone.

How bout Tua-Toney?
thehype
It doesn't matter who's on the undercard. All that matters is that THE Pacquiao will have another opportunity to prove his GREATNESS with his MIGHTY FISTS.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.