Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather-Pacquiao on May 1?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Douchebag
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 26 2009, 10:59 AM) *

The bobfather was smoking that oooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LOL
Snoop
"Pacquiao 8-5 favorite."

Well. There goes my resolution of taking a break from betting on fights.
mrwigi
finally.... good night pac man!
thehype
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down now fellas. This fight isn't close to being a done deal. That video was a compilation of a bunch of snippets just thrown together.

laugh.gif

Geesh.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 26 2009, 11:39 AM) *
"Pacquiao 8-5 favorite."

Well. There goes my resolution of taking a break from betting on fights.

lol.. if it opens 8/5 pac that would be crazy... smart money would have to go on mayweather...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 26 2009, 12:16 PM) *
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down now fellas. This fight isn't close to being a done deal. That video was a compilation of a bunch of snippets just thrown together.

laugh.gif

Geesh.

i feel ya hype but sumthin tells me this fight gets made.. its too big not to... the more either guy fights there is a risk of either losing.. this fight gets made and assuming mosely gets by berto he's in the wings for the cash out fight he's been looking for... i.m.o he doesnt beat pac or mayweather..
Big Slim Sweet
May 1 is my birthday. So if this indeed ends up being the date (which makes sense, first Saturday of May is traditionally a big fight) I'm having myself a party.
Romulus9
Until I see them in the ring, I won't believe that the fight is going to happen.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Nov 26 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Until I see them in the ring, I won't believe that the fight is going to happen.

you are right but it doesnt hurt to dream... lol...
JLUVBABY
didnt want to make a new thread for this but i want to say i hope all you guys are having a great thanksgiving... eat all you can...
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 26 2009, 01:55 PM) *
didnt want to make a new thread for this but i want to say i hope all you guys are having a great thanksgiving... eat all you can...

I'm from Canada
STEVENSKI
Why have it on beaner day? This fight should be in the Philippines in a open air stadium with 200,000 rabid Pinoy fans there. Manny is the P4P king so he should fight at home IMO.
mrwigi
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 26 2009, 04:59 PM) *
I'm from Canada

im sorry to hear that....j/p
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 27 2009, 02:19 AM) *
The thing is, they could probably fill it out, but don't forget it's a 3rd world country. Just how much are they going to charge people for tickets? Not everyone there will be able to pay the same that others would pay in the states? They can't all pay in soup.

They will make enough. More than enough really. 15,000 Seppo fans vs 200,000 in ticket sales would be comparable. Especially when you consider that the average Pinoy will mortgage their home & sell a kidney to watch Manny fight live.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 26 2009, 09:06 PM) *
They will make enough. More than enough really. 15,000 Seppo fans vs 200,000 in ticket sales would be comparable. Especially when you consider that the average Pinoy will mortgage their home & sell a kidney to watch Manny fight live.

Its true, we will.
Keith
I heard they're negotiating the use of weapons. Manny was looking for bo staffs and nunchucks but Floyd raised the ante by saying "If it has to be 50/50 I need my pistols."
provo
May 1st sounds good ,this fight happens without a doubt ! To much money and I can't wait especially for the 24/7 series they should throw it on regular cable not HBO so they could attract a bigger crowd.

"Pac Man GAME OVER"
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (provo @ Nov 27 2009, 12:53 PM) *
I can't wait especially for the 24/7 series they should throw it on regular cable not HBO so they could attract a bigger crowd.

Not a bad idea. Does HBO have a network affiliate, the way Showtime does with CBS?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (provo @ Nov 27 2009, 12:53 PM) *
May 1st sounds good ,this fight happens without a doubt ! To much money and I can't wait especially for the 24/7 series they should throw it on regular cable not HBO so they could attract a bigger crowd.

"Pac Man GAME OVER"

I heard they might do a 5 part 24/7 instead of the normal 4 part series.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.