Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO: 9 PM CST-Bute vs. Andrade II (SPOILERS 9:15)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all round by round and post-fight reactions to the IBF Super Middleweight Title Fight rematch on HBO tonight. Keep everything in this thread. Any streams are only permitted through PM's or E-Mails.

Jack

Administrator
EirbinX
forgot about this fight
KookedKrack
shok.gif @ Joan Guzman on the under card.......where the fuck has he been? He has always been one of my fav fighters to watch.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I guess I'm one of the few who's just hyped for this card, and thinks it will be one of the best cards of the year. GO ANDRADE!!! I think Funeka will make Guzman fight actaully too, and he wont just run for 12 rounds.
JLUVBABY
anybody goin into chat?.. this guzman funeka fight should be good..
D-MARV
Guzman looks pretty good so far...

Am I the only one who thinks Guzman could present some problems for Pacquiao! I have always thought that.
JLUVBABY
guzman is a good little fighter... i dont know why funeka isnt more active tho...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 28 2009, 09:17 PM) *
Guzman looks pretty good so far...

Am I the only one who thinks Guzman could present some problems for Pacquiao! I have always thought that.

id need to see how well guzman operates against bigger fighters before making an answer on that but yeah i can see guzman giving pac some problems... i dont like how he carries his hands tho and hes busted up cuzz of it now...
JLUVBABY
hey styles if funeka starts rangin in with that jab guzman might find himself in some trouble... and funeka is starting to get close with it...
D-MARV
If Guzman would have fought more he could be top 10 p4p now.
JLUVBABY
second half of this fight is gonna be tough for guzman...
JLUVBABY
round 5 ali funeka... tide has changed in the fight... those cuts are really bothering guzman...
JLUVBABY
this is a good fight..... round 6 was for funeka in my opinion...
JLUVBABY
in my opinion if funeka continues to land those little short punches he was landing towards the end of the last round he may be able to stop guzman later in the fight...
JLUVBABY
roound 7 guzman.... did was he was supposed to been doing in that round...
JLUVBABY
funeka looks like he might be tiring a lil...
JLUVBABY
guzman all but out at the end of round 8... he was hurt bad!!!! by a short right hook...
D-MARV
Guzman was hurt bad!
D-MARV
Funeka is like a mini PWill, lol.
JLUVBABY
round 9 funeka... if funeka was a bigger puncher this fight would be over...
JLUVBABY
you guys may not agree but they could stop the fight after round 10 in my opinion.... hes not gonna win this...
JLUVBABY
no need in letting guzman continue to get beat up like this...
GinJapan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 28 2009, 10:49 PM) *
no need in letting guzman continue to get beat up like this...

I appreciate the updates J. This is the only way that I can follow the fights from Japan.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (GinJapan @ Nov 28 2009, 09:52 PM) *
I appreciate the updates J. This is the only way that I can follow the fights from Japan.

cool my man...
JLUVBABY
end of round 11.. hard for me to score i was pre occupied but it looked from the little i saw guzman did a little better but he needs a knockout...
JLUVBABY
well the unofficial announcer gave it to funeka but i didnt watch the whole round...
JLUVBABY
question is do you guys think marquez beats a fighter like funeka at this stage? im not sure he does...
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 28 2009, 07:45 PM) *
Funeka is like a mini PWill, lol.

I agree, he is like a mini P.Will. He has been very impressive tonight. He throws tons of punches and the dude doesnt back up. Funeka is the man. He schooled Guzman.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 28 2009, 07:58 PM) *
question is do you guys think marquez beats a fighter like funeka at this stage? im not sure he does...

Yea man, I dont think he beat Marquez at this stage either. Funeka just throws to many punches and Marquez has been easy to hit lately. I could see Funeka cutting Marquez face up real nice.
JLUVBABY
winner by scores of 114 114, 116 112 funeka 114-114.... bs decision...i dont get this shit!!!!!
KookedKrack
I'm a huge Guzman fan but he definitely lost that fight.....
D-MARV
Robbery of THE YEAR!
True-Boxing-Fan
WTF, this is worse decision than Diaz-Malignaggi. Bullshit. Fuck Canada and its fucked up judgeing.
JLUVBABY
ahh man they must have made a mistake scoring... i was thinking tho its taking them too long to tally the scores... what fight where they watching....?
D-MARV
One of the Wost Robberies I have EVER SEEN... This is one of the WORST robberies in the HISTORY of the SPORT
D-MARV
LET's CHAT GUYS!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was one hell of a performance by Funeka. I didn't think he was going to do that after the 2nd round, but damn he looked really good. I think the arguement can be made that he won every round from 3-12, but I gave Guzman the 4th and 7th. Guzman was really affected by the nose, more-so than the cut above the eye even. He had trouble breathing, and couldn't get beyond that jab. Even in the first couple rounds, you could see that Funeka's jab would be there all night. Funeka is now one of the best lightweights out there,

HOLY SHIT, after I just typed that they rob the fucker like that. For real, that's some bullshit, and they better not do that shit to andrade in the next fight. That's fucked up, there wasn't a close round from the 8th on. I'm just shocked right now. Gary Shaw is just pissed and he should be. Looks like Shaw is yelling at Guzman too. That's seriously messed up though. I had it 116-112 and I thought I was being pretty generous to Guzman. I thought 118-110 could have been a score.
JLUVBABY
thats wrong... ali funeka is robbed of a title tonight.... damn shame.. they must have made a mistake tallying up the scores..
Lil-lightsout
WOW!!!!!!!!
The CEO
Consistency, Persistence, and a stiif Jab won Funeka this fight...oh wait...this is in backward ass Canada...

Disgusting.
True-Boxing-Fan
Fucking Bullshit
KookedKrack
Why was Gary Shaw yelling at Guzman? It wasn't like he was scoring his own fight....
True-Boxing-Fan
Fucking Bullshit
Lil-lightsout
It was a shame that the nose got busted, cause I think Guzman would have beat him. You could see how he changed right away from it. That's boxing though, and it does not change the fact Funeka got robbed. Guzman needs to first get a better team if he wants to continue.
JLUVBABY
what was the pedigree of those judges?.. anyone know the history behind them?...
JLUVBABY
its decisions in fights like that that run the would be fans away from the sport...
D-MARV
Bodyshot KO's Andrade... WOW
Lil-lightsout
Well NOBODY expected that. Unbelievable. Maybe Bute will be giving more respect now? The guy could possibly beat any one in the super six tourney on any giving night.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn, I guess that erases any doubt. I love Andrade, but damn Bute looked really good tonight. I even though Andrade was fighting better tonight than in the first fight. I looked like the tide was turning then bam, boxing happens. Bute landed a really nice left that Andrade never saw, and then a body shot that was killer. That was a body shot that would ko every super middle i think. Tell ya what though, I think both those fighters beat most of the super six fighters. I truely think we saw the two top super middles in a great rematch, and those are the fights I love to see.
kidbazooka1
Andrade was doing pretty good but Bute fought a much smarter fight and displayed his superior skill. I think Andrade thought he couldn't get hurt but Bute doesn't have 20 KO's out of 25 wins for nothing he can crack a bit too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.