Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao wants Politics over Mayweather..Fight may be off!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Box in Hand
Well folks, here we go with the bullshit. Is Pac scared of Mayweather of is this a bargaining tool?

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

The negotiations for a possible $80 million super fight between pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and former No.1 Floyd Mayweather Jr have been stalled and its not because Top Rank promoter Bob Arum and Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer have hit a snag. Its all because of Pacquiao’s reported firm decision to run for a congressional seat in Sarangani.

After a series of frantic overseas telephone conversations with Pacquiao’s lawyer Franklin “Jeng” Gacal Arum told us he was informed that Pacquiao had decided to run for Congress and that the newspaper photos and reports quoting Pacquiao as asking for support for the Party List group Pwersang Bayaning Atleta were supposedly misleading. The impression that he would vie for a seat as a representatve of the PBA party list group were reportedly incorrect.

Pacquiao’s longtime friend and sometime confidant Rex “Wakee” Salud told us that Pacquiao would run in Sarangani and that there is a good chance he would run unopposed, banking on an apparent effort by President Arroyo to appeal to the well-established Chiongbian family to withdraw from the congressional race.

Salud said he was 99% sure that Pacquiao would run and win, no matter what.

Given this scenario Arum told BoxingScene.com, insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports “what’s there to talk about” when asked for an update on his talks with Schaefer on a Mayweather fight.

Arum said “if worse comes to worse we’ll go back to the original plan for a March 13 fight” in which the new Dallas Cowboys billion dollar stadium is the likely venue.

He said Pacquiao “will fight somebody else” although no names were mentioned and Mayweather may go to England and fight Matthew Hatton, the brother of former IBO light welterweight champion Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton which has been mentioned as a possibility and the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will happen at the end of the year.

Arum said “anyway, let’s see what happens” after the deadline for Manny to file his Certificate of Candidacy.

torvix2000
LOL!

Pacquiao always wanted to be a congressman.

And I've seen a picture of him holding a Certificate of Candidacy for the partylist PBA which is contrary to what you've pasted.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 30 2009, 10:15 AM) *
LOL!

Pacquiao always wanted to be a congressman.

And I've seen a picture of him holding a Certificate of Candidacy for the partylist PBA which is contrary to what you've pasted.

OK....so he's going to turn down the biggest fight in history to run for government? We all know he wants to be a politician but why start negotiations if he's gonna pull this crap?
torvix2000
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 30 2009, 05:21 PM) *
OK....so he's going to turn down the biggest fight in history to run for government? We all know he wants to be a politician but why start negotiations if he's gonna pull this crap?

Why is the fight off? Or you just think it's off?

Who's turning down what/who?

And also, Pac has May of 2010 booked already. For the election and campaign. Even before his fight against Hatton and Cotto. Perhaps even after his loss in the previous election.

Why not make the fight happen in March?

Or Gayweather wants the fight in May?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 30 2009, 10:28 AM) *

And also, Pac has May of 2010 booked already. For the election and campaign. Even before his fight against Hatton and Cotto. Perhaps even after his loss in the previous election.

Cmon dude, if Mayweather pulled this politician shit people would be screaming bloody murder. Roach has been on record saying he wants enough time to prepare for Mayweather's style and March is too soon. So, it sounds like some bullshit to me.
Box in Hand

Cmon dude, if Mayweather pulled this politician shit people would be screaming bloody murder. Roach has been on record saying he wants enough time to prepare for Mayweather's style and March is too soon. So, it sounds like some bullshit to me.
Box in Hand

Also, I said "MAY BE OFF". You nuthugger.
leonthegee
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 30 2009, 08:28 AM) *

just admit it already. ur bitch is ducking mayweather. pac doesnt want to fight in march freddy roach has already made that clear. he said out of his own mouth that he would need more time to prepare manny for mayweathers style. theres no denying that now. march was never an option before. face the facts manny only fights shot-out, over the hill, bum drained fighters. he wouldnt move up ti 147 now this fool thinks he can move up to 154. i bet the farm theyll try and drain foreman too. my guess is somewhere around 150. no way they let foreman come in at 154.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 30 2009, 12:41 PM) *
just admit it already. ur bitch is ducking mayweather. pac doesnt want to fight in march freddy roach has already made that clear. he said out of his own mouth that he would need more time to prepare manny for mayweathers style. theres no denying that now. march was never an option before. face the facts manny only fights shot-out, over the hill, bum drained fighters. he wouldnt move up ti 147 now this fool thinks he can move up to 154. i bet the farm theyll try and drain foreman too. my guess is somewhere around 150. no way they let foreman come in at 154.

Good observation. How is he going up to 154 but didn't want Cotto to weigh in at the 147 limit? Roach and Pac are all about handicapping fighters as much as they can.
MarzB
I'm glad the double standards are indeed acknowledged by "some" here. I guess ol 'Nard wasn't so wrong after all and that "Jewish Kid" (LOL) will indeed get a shot.
Method
I wasn't aware the fight was ever "On".
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 30 2009, 10:41 AM) *
face the facts manny only fights shot-out, over the hill, bum drained fighters.

So tell me them, if Manny has fought these kind of fighters. Who has Mayweather been fighting. The whole world for YEARS has been begging Mayweather to fight only the best. Name one leggit oppenent that Mayweather has fought since Corrales? Every oppenent since then has had a question mark as far as ability and being the best at the time.
thehype
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 30 2009, 02:13 PM) *

LOL

You beat me to it.
tymoney
Ok, first of all LOL..you pacman fans up here is pathetic and sooooo biased in order to make pacman look good. I love the sport of boxing, so I am a huge fan of pacman and mayweather, but im also realistic. And this is nothing but primetime bullshit! Face facts, if mayweather was running for damn congress you guys would have a fuckin field day with this one..and I would have to agree b/c like I said Ima fan of the sport first! But really, whats up with the double standard??? Who has mayweather honestly ducked?? Bob arum wouldnt let cotto fight mayweather b/c he wasnt ready remember?? Right.. then people say he ducked margarito back in what 05-06..really??? At what point in 05-06 was ANYONE interested in a mayweather-margarito fight????? NO one was until margarito beat cotto with damn bricks in his hand.. and look where margarito is at now! Everyone said de la hoya was gon beat him.. he fought him and silenced the critics. HBO hyped hatton up to be some God..he layed him out then what?? He took a lay off and fought a tune up (a damn good tune up) and beat him with ease.. now its 100% pacman the one to serve mayweather his ass.. possibly the biggest fight in history... mayweather steps up to fight him.. and pacman is running for congress????? And you guys have the audacity to defend him?? Lol fuck outta here.. if the story was reversed it would be a totally diff. story. Basically, I say all this to say stop getting so damn emotional over these men. DO NOT defend bitch moves for anybody!! If mayweather was doing this shit I wouldnt be defending it at all! So be realistic.. and not biased towards your favorite fighter!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 30 2009, 01:13 PM) *

Let's be realistic. We all know negotiations were started last week. So now we have this bullchit which "May" stop the fight from ever happening.
AussieLad
Pac wants th bring the fight forward to mid march.

Hang on, didnt mosely want to push a fight with mayweather back a month because he had already fought recently and needed a rest.

Mayweather said no deal over 1 lousy month.

And heres pac wanting to bring the fight FORWARD, and mayweather fans are crying foul again

Forward means the fight happens sooner not later people... LOL

And that would mean 12-14 weeks prep time for both camps, which should be plenty
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 30 2009, 05:36 PM) *

You are right no one would believe PBF because he is not popular enough to get the votes required to run for parlament.
Keith
I speculate this is still about money and not March/May. Its always about money. I would bet that neither side is particularly thrilled with 50/50 and this spat about March/May and Pac's congress run is smoke and mirrors.

I also cant friggin believe Pac has the audacity to go to 154 after asking for a catchweight at 147. Thats just lower then low and I have zero respect for him at this point. Cherry picker to the highest degree.
D-MARV
If Pacquiao moves up to fight Yuri, I expect him to get bashed! I'm sure he'll ask Yuri to come down to 150.
tymoney
QUOTE (Keith @ Nov 30 2009, 05:16 PM) *
I speculate this is still about money and not March/May. Its always about money. I would bet that neither side is particularly thrilled with 50/50 and this spat about March/May and Pac's congress run is smoke and mirrors.

I also cant friggin believe Pac has the audacity to go to 154 after asking for a catchweight at 147. Thats just lower then low and I have zero respect for him at this point. Cherry picker to the highest degree.

I agree 200%!! Now lets see the pacman fans/boyfriends try to justify that bullshit!
provo
WOW!!!!
Roach said March would be to soon to fight Floyd but not yuri foreman LOL.. And let me guess for foremans 154lb title at 150lbs LOL that's some bullshit ,
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (provo @ Nov 30 2009, 06:00 PM) *
WOW!!!!
Roach said March would be to soon to fight Floyd but not yuri foreman LOL.. And let me guess for foremans 154lb title at 150lbs LOL that's some bullshit ,

They make any stipulations about being under 154 for Foreman, Pac will rightfully get ripped. But I just don't see Roach being too worried about Foreman no matter what weight he is. So I do not see it happening.
Lil-lightsout
[/quote]
Who has mayweather honestly ducked?? Bob arum wouldnt let cotto fight mayweather b/c he wasnt ready remember?? Right.. then people say he ducked margarito back in what 05-06..really??? At what point in 05-06 was ANYONE interested in a mayweather-margarito fight????? NO one was until margarito beat cotto with damn bricks in his hand.. and look where margarito is at now! Everyone said de la hoya was gon beat him.. he fought him and silenced the critics. HBO hyped hatton up to be some God..he layed him out then what?? He took a lay off and fought a tune up (a damn good tune up) and beat him with ease.. now its 100% pacman the one to serve mayweather his ass.. possibly the biggest fight in history... mayweather steps up to fight him.. and pacman is running for congress????? And you guys have the audacity to defend him?? Lol fuck outta here.. if the story was reversed it would be a totally diff. story. Basically, I say all this to say stop getting so damn emotional over these men. DO NOT defend bitch moves for anybody!! [b]If mayweather was doing this shit I wouldnt be defending it at all! So be realistic.. and not biased towards your favorite fighter![/b]
[/quote]

You are kidding, right??? Maywweathers resume at welterweight speaks for itself. We have been over this sooo many times it's sickening. There are many other welterweights he should have fought. Damn, and Floyd just blatantly ducked Mosley. Why did he not step up and fight him? Sorry, but he did in fact duck Margarito too for whatever his reason was. And I for one at the time would have liked to see that fight. Everyone said Oscar was going to beat him? Really?

I am no Pac hugger either, cause I really dislike the BS him and Roach pull to get every possible advantage. And I hear what you are saying about Pac too.

I am a Mosley super fan, and it bothers me that he did not take advantage of his destruction of Margarito last year. I understand he is the fighter taking the punches and he has been around a long time, but he should have atleast defended his title once before now. I just wish, and I know there is a lot of politics in making fights, Mosley would have had a fight in the summer. Oh well.
JLUVBABY
you guys are getting into it bout what you read and i bet both teams are probably setting at a computer together laughing all the way to the bank.... if you ask me they are just juicing things up making sure people are talking like whats going on right now.... those two are going to fight, more than likely next.... for all we know they probably have a deal in hand already.... if not the alternate fights are still good fights to be made...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 30 2009, 06:00 PM) *
I am a Mosley super fan, and it bothers me that he did not take advantage of his destruction of Margarito last year. I understand he is the fighter taking the punches and he has been around a long time, but he should have atleast defended his title once before now. I just wish, and I know there is a lot of politics in making fights, Mosley would have had a fight in the summer. Oh well.

mosely should have been in the ring with berto in bertos last fight... his ring absence is all his fault... that was the fight berto wanted then... mosely turned it down... and look who he fighting a year after the margacheato fight.... berto.... he could be on his second or third fight since then (margarito)... you know we are talkin bout mosely in another thread... he overshot his draw power and if you look up the archives i called this when he passed on the berto fight... i called it months ago that he would not fight the rest of the year and i would laugh if he wound up fighting berto the following year.... i have to pat myself on the back with this one..
thehype
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 30 2009, 04:46 PM) *
Look. This was in 2008. So people can now stop clutching at straws to make it out as if he just decided this because of Mayweather. Talking about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I like the sounds of this infidel...a few more posts like that and you might find yourself back in the good graces of THE Pacquiao and all of his glorious GREATNESS.

laugh.gif
KookedKrack
Smart move by Pacquiao because Mayweather would have just embarrassed him anyway. smile_anim.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 30 2009, 07:00 PM) *

Do you know what's funny about Mosley not taking advantage of his destruction of Margarito? His own fucking promotional company, Golden Boy Promotions, is busy running around negotiating big fights for Mayweather instead of negotiating big fights for their own fighter.

laugh.gif

It's fucking comedy man.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 30 2009, 06:41 PM) *
Do you know what's funny about Mosley not taking advantage of his destruction of Margarito? His own fucking promotional company, Golden Boy Promotions, is busy running around negotiating big fights for Mayweather instead of negotiating big fights for their own fighter.

laugh.gif

It's fucking comedy man.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mosely should have taken the berto fight this past summer and maybe even fought again before this january fight so he could stay busy if he was so confident of beating berto... any fight is better than what he has done for the past year which is nuthin but let hopkins make a fool of him at the mayweather fight and get a year older...
namor
Pacquiao is just a black fighter avoiding P*ssy that`s all.Some of Ya`ll just want to put up a front.
Keith
QUOTE (namor @ Nov 30 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Pacquiao is just a black fighter avoiding P*ssy that`s all.Some of Ya`ll just want to put up a front.

Thats interesting. There was discussion about this before on these boards and I would have to say that there could appear to be some truth to it now.
provo
If Pac fights foreman in March and wins congress or whatever the fuk he's running for and wins ,he'll retire from the sport of boxing and the Mayweather fight won't happen! He'll be to busy for a fight !
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 30 2009, 07:41 PM) *

laugh.gif

It's fucking comedy man.

Not funny if you are a fan of Shane.

Also, I just noticed you made me an Infidel on your sig. Is that good? Should I be honored? Infidel sounds like someone pretty important. Thanks man. thumbsup_anim.gif
KookedKrack
QUOTE (namor @ Nov 30 2009, 08:21 PM) *

'Cism?

QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 30 2009, 08:28 PM) *
Calzaghe eats the blacks for breakfast. He discards them like burnt toast.

definitely 'cism

Calzaghe eats 40+ yr old fighters (no homo)
tymoney
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 30 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Who has mayweather honestly ducked?? Bob arum wouldnt let cotto fight mayweather b/c he wasnt ready remember?? Right.. then people say he ducked margarito back in what 05-06..really??? At what point in 05-06 was ANYONE interested in a mayweather-margarito fight????? NO one was until margarito beat cotto with damn bricks in his hand.. and look where margarito is at now! Everyone said de la hoya was gon beat him.. he fought him and silenced the critics. HBO hyped hatton up to be some God..he layed him out then what?? He took a lay off and fought a tune up (a damn good tune up) and beat him with ease.. now its 100% pacman the one to serve mayweather his ass.. possibly the biggest fight in history... mayweather steps up to fight him.. and pacman is running for congress????? And you guys have the audacity to defend him?? Lol fuck outta here.. if the story was reversed it would be a totally diff. story. Basically, I say all this to say stop getting so damn emotional over these men. DO NOT defend bitch moves for anybody!! [b]If mayweather was doing this shit I wouldnt be defending it at all! So be realistic.. and not biased towards your favorite fighter![/b]

You are kidding, right??? Maywweathers resume at welterweight speaks for itself. We have been over this sooo many times it's sickening. There are many other welterweights he should have fought. Damn, and Floyd just blatantly ducked Mosley. Why did he not step up and fight him? Sorry, but he did in fact duck Margarito too for whatever his reason was. And I for one at the time would have liked to see that fight. Everyone said Oscar was going to beat him? Really?

I am no Pac hugger either, cause I really dislike the BS him and Roach pull to get every possible advantage. And I hear what you are saying about Pac too.

Prior to Cotto, who has Margarito beat that really deserved him a fight with Mayweather? Cintron?? Clottey?? who whooped his ass till his hands broke. He lost to Paul Williams and never said another word about fighting him again, but all of a sudden Mayweather's "ducking" him huh? I dont get it. And wasnt Mosely caught using steroids?? This is fact. Not being biased to prove a point.. but stating facts. Now if Mayweather ever got caught with steroids what would you and everyone else be saying?? Didnt Mayweather call Mosely out years ago?? Mosely turned the fight down for whatever reason..and its perfectly fine no one cares. But when Mayweather do it its called ducking! What am I missing?? Everyone is so caught up with their personal dislike for Mayweather but no one's dealing with the facts..everyone just talking out of emotion. And Mayweather clearly said he's fighting Mosely if the pacman fight fall through..so we may all get our wish!
BigG
Calzaghe is 1-1 against a 43 year old and a 40 year old and got dropped by both! laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (namor @ Nov 30 2009, 07:21 PM) *

i made a topic on this a while back but it got closed quick so be careful....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 30 2009, 08:20 PM) *
Calzaghe is 1-1 against a 43 year old and a 40 year old and got dropped by both! laugh.gif

i agree hopkins deserved that decision... did i just say that?.. lol.. but he did tho...
Mean Mister Mustard
All of this is irrelevant because Pacquiao is not going to win in the elctions. Fillipinos want Pacquiao to keep kicking ass in the ring.
BigG
Nope, he didn't lose the fight in my opinion. Calzaghe did nothing the first 8 rounds. I mean, he didn't land shit! All he did was make Hopkins work more than he wanted to. But Hopkins landed the cleaner shots and this ain't bias. Several pro fighters think Hopkins won.

And I like how you added Lacy there as if he was some great win Fitz. Lacy is a C class champion who almost lost to Omar Shieka before fighting Calzaghe. Regardless of how hyped he was, when you look back at his fights, its the truth. Lacy, Kessler, controversial decision over Hopkins, and a win over shot Jones...thats the stuff of legends for sure.

But back to topic.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 30 2009, 10:40 PM) *
Nope, he didn't lose the fight in my opinion. Calzaghe did nothing the first 8 rounds. I mean, he didn't land shit! All he did was make Hopkins work more than he wanted to. But Hopkins landed the cleaner shots and this ain't bias. Several pro fighters think Hopkins won.

And I like how you added Lacy there as if he was some great win Fitz. Lacy is a C class champion who almost lost to Omar Shieka before fighting Calzaghe. Lacy, Kessler, controversial decision over Hopkins, and a win over shot Jones...thats the stuff of legends for sure.

But back to topic.

I'm a huge fan of Hopkins and was rooting for him against Calzaghe but the fight was close. Hopkins did well for 4 rounds. After that he stopped landing clean shots. This was not a situation like the Taylor fights where Hopkins wasn't being active but was landing the cleaner shots. Here neither guy was landing much and the judges loved Calzaghe for moving his hands more. But the fight could have gone either way.

It's funny though how instead of giving Hopkins a rematch he fought Jones, even after he had written in his book that Jones was shot.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 1 2009, 02:40 AM) *

Good thing those pro fighters aren't judges then isn't it. It does not matter if he landed cleaner shots. What matter sis who controlled the rounds, pace & landed more scoring shots. I could see your point if he knocked Zags out but alas he did not & his domination of American fighters continued.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 30 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Calzaghe eats the blacks for braekfast. He discards them like burnt toast.

But not before it has molded like that extremely old blue cheese.
leonthegee
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Nov 30 2009, 11:40 AM) *
So tell me them, if Manny has fought these kind of fighters. Who has Mayweather been fighting. The whole world for YEARS has been begging Mayweather to fight only the best. Name one leggit oppenent that Mayweather has fought since Corrales? Every oppenent since then has had a question mark as far as ability and being the best at the time.

this dont have shit to do with mayweather. were talking about ur lame-ass, black fighter dodging, baby mama drama having, grown up with a beggers cup in hand, 10 in the car 20 in an apartment, faggot giving hand jobs in manila bay for money, fried rice eating, slanted eye having, catchweight having champion right now. when roger mayweather gives an interview saying were going after this huy then u can critizie mayweather.
King Eugene
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2009, 08:08 AM) *
this dont have shit to do with mayweather. were talking about ur lame-ass, black fighter dodging, baby mama drama having, grown up with a beggers cup in hand, 10 in the car 20 in an apartment, faggot giving hand jobs in manila bay for money, fried rice eating, slanted eye having, catchweight having champion right now. when roger mayweather gives an interview saying were going after this huy then u can critizie mayweather.

ROFLMAO...Damn!
KookedKrack
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2009, 07:08 AM) *

Damn the hate is strong with this one......but yea I'm not a big fan of pacquiao either if it was mayweather doing this there would be 12 hate filled threads about him.
torvix2000
LOL!

Considering that LeonTheGee is a Pinoy. He's messin' around with people.

Hahaha!!!
SmartyBeardo
What if Pacman wins the election and decides to never come back?

He's got plenty of money for PI, omnipotence knows. He goes out with a huge win in the eyes of most, especially his zombisciples. He steps aside to serve his neighborhood. He starts gyms all over the islands. He feeds the people. He is a living legend and his boxing career ended defeating the UK and PR. He would be bigger in PI than truffles in France or leather spandex in Germany.

And all of his minions could argue forever what he would have done to PBF and every fighter in history, his day and the future (including The Pudgy Russian).
torvix2000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 1 2009, 03:48 PM) *
What if Pacman wins the election and decides to never come back?

He's got plenty of money for PI, omnipotence knows. He goes out with a huge win in the eyes of most, especially his zombisciples. He steps aside to serve his neighborhood. He starts gyms all over the islands. He feeds the people. He is a living legend and his boxing career ended defeating the UK and PR. He would be bigger in PI than truffles in France or leather spandex in Germany.

And all of his minions could argue forever what he would have done to PBF and every fighter in history, his day and the future (including The Pudgy Russian).

Nope!!! He'll be back sooner. He'll go broke during the campaign period. And just like PBF, he's gonna need more money.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 1 2009, 10:54 AM) *
Nope!!! He'll be back sooner. He'll go broke during the campaign period. And just like PBF, he's gonna need more money.

Well, I haven't been to PI this millennium but I am sure a bazillion bucks goes an awful long ways even today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.