Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yuri Foreman is undefeated, 5'11 and a half and a much tougher opponent than M Hatton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
So you gotta give pac props for taking a tougher tune up fight than mayweather.

WAR MATTHEW HATTON!!
AVENGE YOUR BROTHER!!
SHOCK THE WORLD!!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (du365 @ Nov 30 2009, 07:05 PM) *

WAR MATTHEW HATTON!!
AVENGE YOUR BROTHER!!
SHOCK THE WORLD!!

whos fighting mathew hatton?
leonthegee
QUOTE (du365 @ Nov 30 2009, 05:05 PM) *

WAR MATTHEW HATTON!!
AVENGE YOUR BROTHER!!
SHOCK THE WORLD!!

yuri foremans a bum stop sugar coating this.
leonthegee
and of course yuri foreman is the least ranked of all the title holders at 154. why not go after corey spinks? wait i forgot manny ducks african american fighters.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
whoa, wtf is this about? I made a joke in a thread last week that pacquiao should fight spinks. Is he really going to fight Foreman? That fight may be interesting actually with the way Foreman runs. If pacquiao went all the way up to 54 though and dominated and ko'd foreman that'd be a lil fishy. I'm not saying that he'd be on the juice, but i'd be curious about the post fight urine test. I don't think he'd carry 154 that great. He has a hard enough time getting up to 145.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 30 2009, 10:33 PM) *
and of course yuri foreman is the least ranked of all the title holders at 154. why not go after corey spinks? wait i forgot manny ducks african american fighters.

so what youre saying is pac would have fit in well in boxing back at the turn of the 1900's...?.... lol...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (du365 @ Nov 30 2009, 09:05 PM) *

WAR MATTHEW HATTON!!
AVENGE YOUR BROTHER!!
SHOCK THE WORLD!!

No I don't. And WTF are you talking about.

We go from Pac v PBF to Pac versus a guy whose girlfriend thinks punches like a sissy?

The next thing you're going to suggest is Calzaghe is coming out of retirement to fight Andrade.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2009, 05:30 AM) *

A undefeated world champion bum that is.

alaganza
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 1 2009, 12:28 AM) *

co-sign
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 1 2009, 01:28 AM) *

Further proof of why my first thread should have been relegated to "Classic Boxing".

Actually, I kinda like the guy. He is undeniably a decent boxer. But where does he go from here? The sharks are circling.
kidbazooka1
Manny would kill this guy.

Nuff said.
King Eugene
This wouldn't last past 6 and we'd have to hear these Manny ball swingers talking about 8 world titles in 8 weight classes! Talking bout cherry picking! You cant tell me he didn't sit in a "Mayweather's The Boxing Business 101" class.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 1 2009, 05:44 AM) *
Further proof of why my first thread should have been relegated to "Classic Boxing".

Actually, I kinda like the guy. He is undeniably a decent boxer. But where does he go from here? The sharks are circling.

I have no problem with him at all. It was in reference to Mr G's silly ill educated comment.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2009, 04:30 AM) *

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 06:53 AM) *
This wouldn't last past 6 and we'd have to hear these Manny ball swingers talking about 8 world titles in 8 weight classes! Talking bout cherry picking! You cant tell me he didn't sit in a "Mayweather's The Boxing Business 101" class.

Regardless who would make a better opponent at 154? Spinks may sure but will he draw better than a undefeated slick boxing Jew? They could potray Foreman as the 2nd coming of Benny Leonard. As for world titles in 8 weight classes well yest it fucking well would be technically although I don't consider Manny a 147lb champion he just beat one of the best fighters at 147. Since Wright there has been no true 154lb champion just beltholders & Spinks is no better or worse than any of the other beltholders at 154lbs. He was never undisputed champion just a belt holder. Lets keep it real here this title has more meaning than Mayweathers WBC trinket from 140.
King Eugene
But people will stuff look at is as Manny Pac the 8 in 8 champion no matter how bullshit the belts are and to the casual fan it will add to his legacy.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 09:16 AM) *
But people will stuff look at is as Manny Pac the 8 in 8 champion no matter how bullshit the belts are and to the casual fan it will add to his legacy.

Well it is a legit world title. It is as legit as Spink's one & any other at 154 come to think of it.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 1 2009, 04:28 AM) *
Well it is a legit world title. It is as legit as Spink's one & any other at 154 come to think of it.

Yea but he picked the easiest fight to get it as well. Spinks probably wouldn't have been much harder but this dude is green as hell. Manny would air him out.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 03:16 AM) *

But isn't that the problem of modern boxing and not specifically Manny?

I mean Mayweather and ODLH also claim similiar dubious titles. And how many times has Evander been fucking HW champion of the world. 16, 17 times now? LOL

If PBF is half serious about going to the UK to fight MATTHEW Hatton then why shouldn't Manny take an easy fight and grab a 154 trinket (as easy as it can be for a guy who debuted at 106 pounds) and build up a super mega fight against PBF or Mosley?

Personally I think it would be hilarious just to see him at that weight.

King Eugene
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 1 2009, 04:35 AM) *
But isn't that the problem of modern boxing and not specifically Manny?

I mean Mayweather and ODLH also claim similiar dubious titles. And how many times has Evander been fucking HW champion of the world. 16, 17 times now? LOL

If PBF is half serious about going to the UK to fight MATTHEW Hatton then why shouldn't Manny take an easy fight and grab a 154 trinket (as easy as it can be for a guy who debuted at 106 pounds) and build up a super mega fight against PBF or Mosley?

Personally I think it would be hilarious just to see him at that weight.

Understandable but please show me an article where Mayweather mentioned considering going to fight lil Hatton? Neither one of them should be fighting an easy fight next. They should fight each other next! Floyd fighting lil Hatton wont prepare him Manny and Manny fighting Yuri wont prepare him for Floyd. He'd have some what of an argument if he was fighting Spinks.

Hell while your at it Floyd should fight Spinks, Manny should fight Yuri, they fight each to unify then the winner gets molly whopped by PWill!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 04:50 AM) *
Understandable but please show me an article where Mayweather mentioned considering going to fight lil Hatton? Neither one of them should be fighting an easy fight next. They should fight each other next! Floyd fighting lil Hatton wont prepare him Manny and Manny fighting Yuri wont prepare him for Floyd. He'd have some what of an argument if he was fighting Spinks.

Hell while your at it Floyd should fight Spinks, Manny should fight Yuri, they fight each to unify then the winner gets molly whopped by PWill!

Agreed 100% I seem to remember Hype posting something about a conversation he had with Ellerbe about PBF scouting English locations for his next fight. That may be incorrect so I'm not posting that as fact. Whether it's Matthew Hatton or someone else you know they aint gonna be good.

And if we're speculating off rumour that Manny may fight Foreman then surely it's fair game to speculate that PBF may fight Hatton the Younger (the worser of the 2 Hattons-now that's saying something.)
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 08:29 AM) *
Yea but he picked the easiest fight to get it as well. Spinks probably wouldn't have been much harder but this dude is green as hell. Manny would air him out.

What is wrong with looking at making fights that are easiest to make? It is a welcome change actually. Unless you loike the protracted negotiations that fall through because one guy got a couple more comped tickets than his opponent or once dude is getting 1% more of the PPV buys etc.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 1 2009, 05:29 AM) *
What is wrong with looking at making fights that are easiest to make? It is a welcome change actually. Unless you loike the protracted negotiations that fall through because one guy got a couple more comped tickets than his opponent or once dude is getting 1% more of the PPV buys etc.

LMAO...money fights that are easiest to make? You mean low risk high reward? Same thing you and other posters knock other fighters for?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 04:40 AM) *
LMAO...money fights that are easiest to make? You mean low risk high reward? Same thing you and other posters knock other fighters for?

To be fair to Steve I'm not sure he mentioned money, just fights that are easy to make presumably because there are not 2 massive ego's involved.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 10:40 AM) *

Never mentioned money. I mentioned easiest fights to make & making a fight with Foreman at 154 for one of the titles is not a bad move at all. If Manny did it & won he would be a 8 division champion. That has never been achieved before & would be one more for the history books for Manny.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 1 2009, 06:23 AM) *
Never mentioned money. I mentioned easiest fights to make & making a fight with Foreman at 154 for one of the titles is not a bad move at all. If Manny did it & won he would be a 8 division champion. That has never been achieved before & would be one more for the history books for Manny.

You know what...you are right. I read it wrong. I thought you said easy fight for easy money. I do apologize. Hell if he's fighting for a 154 title atleast go for Spinks and let the kid sit on his for a while. I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing Spinks dance into the ring and take a good thrashing.
BigG
And what if Spinks makes Manny look bad? Remember Spinks almost beat Jermain Taylor.
BigG

King Eugene
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 1 2009, 06:47 AM) *
And what if Spinks makes Manny look bad? Remember Spinks almost beat Jermain Taylor.

Almost dont count and we all seen what Jermain Taylor turned out to be......a damn measuring stick!

Dont forget your talking about the same Spinks that got molly whopped by Judah in their second fight. He's on the decline now a days and its a good name on the resume.
BigG
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 10:57 AM) *
Almost dont count and we all seen what Jermain Taylor turned out to be......a damn measuring stick!

Dont forget your talking about the same Spinks that got molly whopped by Judah in their second fight. He's on the decline now a days and its a good name on the resume.

Spinks fought like a champion in his last fight. he was dropped and hurt early against a young, hungry, fighter but he beat him. He can still make alot of tough fighters look bad. Yes even Pacquiao IMO. Not saying he'd win but that could be a difficult fight for Manny...
King Eugene
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 1 2009, 07:12 AM) *
Spinks fought like a champion in his last fight. he was dropped and hurt early against a young, hungry, fighter but he beat him. He can still make alot of tough fighters look bad. Yes even Pacquiao IMO. Not saying he'd win but that could be a difficult fight for Manny...

No! Manny would drop him and if he got back up he'd get dropped again but even worse.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 03:26 AM) *
No! Manny would drop him and if he got back up he'd get dropped again but even worse.

If were talking Foreman vs Pac simply cause Arum wants to pit Pac vs one of his own fighters.....then why not let Pac stay at welter and defend the title against another Top Rank fighter IE JOSHUA CLOTTEY. I'm flip and love Pac and all but at this point im more interested in seeing Pac actually settle into a weight division rather than jump around for the rest of his career...
King Eugene
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 1 2009, 07:31 AM) *
If were talking Foreman vs Pac simply cause Arum wants to pit Pac vs one of his own fighters.....then why not let Pac stay at welter and defend the title against another Top Rank fighter IE JOSHUA CLOTTEY. I'm flip and love Pac and all but at this point im more interested in seeing Pac actually settle into a weight division rather than jump around for the rest of his career...

We was actually talking about Pac vs. Spinks. What had Clottey done to deserve Manny? He brings nothing to the table. Atleast Spinks and Yuri has a belt.
leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 30 2009, 09:28 PM) *

the least ranked of all the titlest. that bum cant punch, only 8kos in 28 fights. that fools a scrub. answer this ski, if manny wouldnt go up to 147 how the hell is he moving up to 154? do the words catchweight champion mean anything to u?
torvix2000
LOL!

How hard would it be for anybody else to win 8 titles in different weight divisions? If it were easy, then...
torvix2000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2009, 12:52 PM) *
the least ranked of all the titlest. that bum cant punch, only 8kos in 28 fights. that fools a scrub. answer this ski, if manny wouldnt go up to 147 how the hell is he moving up to 154? do the words catchweight champion mean anything to u?

LOL! Reverse psychology. Hahaha!!!
tymoney
I dont give a damn if he's 6'5 250 lbs..NO ONE wants to see pacman fight a damn yuri foreman.. this thread is completely pointless Lol.. and I never heard Mayweather camp say anything about fighting matthew..they clearly said they will fight Mosely if the pacman fight fall off. You pacman fans are truly insane!! lol
D-MARV
As long as Manny fought him at the 154lb limit. If he demands a catchweight that would be fucked up.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2009, 05:52 AM) *

I'm beginning to think that maybe Arum doesn't want to feed Manny to Floyd just yet.
provo
Manny will retire after foreman to avoide Mayweather im calling it now!
What congressman do u kno of that has time to train for a damn fight? After if he wins he's done from boxing and team pac excuses is going to be " he's won titles in 8 divisions he has nothing else to prove"
he shouldn't even be a welterweight champ at that !
He should just fight a klitscko brother and have a catch weight at 147 LOL then pac could call himself the heavyweight champ LOL....
Pac is weak stop being a bitch if u want to go up in weight be man enuff and let them fight at their weight stop draining people!
provo
What congressman do u kno of that has time to train for a damn fight? After if he wins he's done from boxing and team pac excuses is going to be " he's won titles in 8 divisions he has nothing else to prove"
He should just fight a klitscko brother and have a catch weight at 147 LOL then pac could call himself the heavyweight champ LOL....
Pac is weak stop being a bitch if u want to go up in weight be man enuff and let them fight at their weight stop draining people!
provo
torvix2000
LOL!

Gayweather retired without fighting Marg, Cotto, Mosley, remember?
Col Reb
I like this fight for Manny, because he can pick up an eighth title in a winnable fight. Years from now, people would give him credit for adding to his legacy. He would only need to come in weighing 148. As long as he could get back down to WW for Floyd, I like this move.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 03:40 AM) *
We was actually talking about Pac vs. Spinks. What had Clottey done to deserve Manny? He brings nothing to the table. Atleast Spinks and Yuri has a belt.

Well if everyone is going to criticize Pac for moving up and fighting Foreman, then why not let Pac stay at welter and defend his title rather than continuously move up and down in weightclasss. Clottey is a durable fighter, he's strong, big and one of the better welterweights currently not holding a title.

I'm also sick of hearing people saying that "Pac is running for congress to avoid Mayweather", it's best to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what the deal is. Pac has run for Congress before in 2006, but came short and immediately after that he said he would re run in the next election (2010). It's a coincidence that the Mayweather vs Pac potential fight date happened to occur around the same time as the Philippine elections. Running for Congress is something Pac wanted to do for a LONG time, the mayweather fight possibility happened recently. Pac said he wants to fight mayweather, Roach came out and said if Floyd wants to fight in March we can do that, otherwise we'll fight Floyd in September.

Quit trying to nit pick every little thing wrong with Pac and admire the feats he's accomplished not many fighters come along and can accomplish what he's done.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 1 2009, 02:29 AM) *

im not so sure pac gets by spinks eugene...
JLUVBABY
i have to say this... im not so sure just how easy a fight foreman would be for pac... not saying pac doesnt win the fight but there has to be that point that his body hits that brick wall... he has got to be pushing it now...
Lil-lightsout
Come on Jluv, you got to be kidding me! You just say in the other thread that Pac will chew up Mosley. Now in this thread you do not think Pac could beat Spinks and you are not sure he could beat Foreman. laugh.gif Have you seen Spinks fight lately? He is not the same fighter from years ago. And Pac would beat Foreman for sure, can you name one credible guy Foreman beat? Geez, Mosley could beat Foreman and Spinks on the same night. And do not give me any of this size or style matchup crap. Foreman can't crack and egg, and Spinks ain't so slick anymore.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2009, 12:52 PM) *

I did not realise you had to be a puncher to be a world champion. Thanks for the update G.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 1 2009, 09:38 PM) *
Come on Jluv, you got to be kidding me! You just say in the other thread that Pac will chew up Mosley. Now in this thread you do not think Pac could beat Spinks and you are not sure he could beat Foreman. laugh.gif Have you seen Spinks fight lately? He is not the same fighter from years ago. And Pac would beat Foreman for sure, can you name one credible guy Foreman beat? Geez, Mosley could beat Foreman and Spinks on the same night. And do not give me any of this size or style matchup crap. Foreman can't crack and egg, and Spinks ain't so slick anymore.

Spinks cant crack an egg either. He has 11 KO's out of 37 wins. Mosley and Pac could both fight Yuri and and Spinks the same night and then unify the 154 titles after that. Wait a minute hold up...we'd have to give Yuri to Shane cause I think Spinks might give Shane trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.