Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton Vs Delahoya? :bad:
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KookedKrack
Its on the fighthype main page ......... thumbsdown_anim.gif @ this shit
provo
I might be crazy for this one but I actually think it would be a interesting fight ,de la hoya does good against fighters that stay in front of him , hatton will come forward ,oscar wins by UD!
Both fighters coming off of a embarassing lost!
Maxy
A second round body shot doesn't look too painful but De la Hoya drops to the canvas in a seemingly agonized state....

People the world over cry that De La Hoya took a dive. It looked so much like the Hopkins farce all over again....

Hatton is re-born and back in the mix regardless...

OMG, I hope this bullshit doesn't happen.
The CEO
You wanna talk about Greed?......forget Mayweather....DLH and Hatton are ALL about the Money....Boxing Supremacy and their Legacies don't matter to them whatsoever....

If this fight comes off, I expect everyone to shit all over them...

Keith
This would be an embarrasing display of boxing skill. It would make for a boring fight. 2 guys trying to look exciting but doing absolutely nothing in the ring. Even when they would hit each other, I'm not sure anything would happen. They both have impotent fists.
KookedKrack
Ricky Hatton looked 200+ pounds when he appeared on Monday Night Raw, I just don't see him getting back down to 140 or 147 again. This better be billed as the battle of the bums(as in garbage fighters not the European version of the word).
Lil-lightsout
If both of these fighters decide to fight again, Hatton needs to be at 140, and Oscar needs to be at 154. I personally think both fighters should try and go out on better terms then they did against Pac. Damn...fucking Pac wrecked these two guys! Anyway, these two should NOT ever be fighting one another, and if they do it would ONLY be for the money. And even if Hatton is 200 pounds, he could lose that is a few months if he wanted to, it's all beer weight anyways. I bet you could smell the beer fumes from Hatton's pores while he sweated if he starts working out again.
Romulus9
An old de la Hoya beats Ricky Hatton with ease. Oscar by a lopsided decision or late stoppage. His jab alone could win the fight.

Considering their current physical condition, how about a Hatton-Fernando Vargas fight at 175?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 1 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Considering their current physical condition, how about a Hatton-Fernando Vargas fight at 175?

lol...

Give me Nando @ +200...
Jack 1000
Why couldn't this have been eight years ago? It would have been huge. Now it would just be for the money. I would pick Delahoya by UD in an ugly fight.

Jack
Col Reb
I wouldn't mind seeing Ricky fight Oscar at Wembley. it would be an event, just like Oscar vs Chavez Jr would be at Azteca. I'm all for big live fights in the huge stadiums like this; it's good for boxing. I'm also hoping we get Floyd vs Pac at Cowboys Stadium.
The CEO
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Dec 1 2009, 06:19 PM) *
I wouldn't mind seeing Ricky fight Oscar at Wembley. it would be an event, just like Oscar vs Chavez Jr would be at Azteca. I'm all for big live fights in the huge stadiums like this; it's good for boxing. I'm also hoping we get Floyd vs Pac at Cowboys Stadium.

Hey, Reb....how ya doin'?....have I ever told you I wanted to bind you in a chair, lay a grenade in your lap, and shoot you until you explode?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 1 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Hey, Reb....how ya doin'?....have I ever told you I wanted to bind you in a chair, lay a grenade in your lap, and shoot you until you explode?

hey man who is that guy in your avatar pic?.... lol... he looks mighty happy...
Romulus9
This would be more than a spectacle that does NOTHING of substance for the sport. Nothing. If Hatton wins, so what? If de la Hoya wins, so what? It's not like beating Oscar would make Hatton a serious player again. It's not like Oscar would be coming back for the long haul.

A useless multimillion dollar sideshow that is ultimately a distraction and a waste of time.

Great. Just what we need. Winner gets a rematch with Floyd too.
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 1 2009, 07:40 PM) *
hey man who is that guy in your avatar pic?.... lol... he looks mighty happy...

That's the legendary American Daredevil....Evel Knievel.
kidbazooka1
This would be a joke of a fight but if it did come off I see even an ancient DLH stopping Hatton within 5.
Nay_Sayer
Is this fight happening @ 154?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 1 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Is this fight happening @ 154?

If by some horrible nightmare it does get made, it would have to be at 154, you really think Oscar will fight under 154 again? And Hatton will get KO'd in brutal fashion yet again.

And if Hatton does fight Oscar at that weight, Haton will be back on my hate list. He needs to fight at 140, or just retire.
MarzB
Here's my thing, I've said EVERYONE will take big MONEY fights over the perceived competitive ones.

Mayweather can't EVER live down that he supposedly ducked Margarito to preserve a more lucrative fight with a certain fighter..

Pacquiao isn't at all criticized for doing the EXACT same thing in not fighting Nate Campbell who held 3 belts at the time Hatton opted to fight a certain fighter.

Lastly Ricky Hatton who IMO could face his LONG TIME HATED rival in Junior Witter is instead "suggesting" a fight with a cERTAIN fighter.

I'm sure we all can guess where all roads lead to that CERTAIN fighter is now can we?? I can't blame these guys quite frankly..

Lastly, "Ricky Hatton nutrition Shakes", LMAO!! taunt.gif The jokes can't stop writing themselves..
xxxxxx
I might be in the minority here, but I find this fight interesting if it were to ever take place. I believe both fighters owe it to themselves to end on a better note than they did in their previous fight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 1 2009, 09:03 PM) *
Lastly, "Ricky Hatton nutrition Shakes", LMAO!! taunt.gif The jokes can't stop writing themselves..

laugh.gif
King Eugene
I'd watch it but wouldn't pay for it. Give me DLH by mid round stoppage!
BigG
If it happens DLH should KO Ricky Hatton.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 1 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Its on the fighthype main page ......... thumbsdown_anim.gif @ this shit

I'd rather just put the pud in red out of his misery.
streetlion1
DLH would win this fight by 1st-2nd round massacre!!! Whoever suggests that defenseless shitty Hatton could come close to beating DLH is just a DLH hater.
PR316
They're both shot.

And if Oscar came back to beat Hatton it would be nothing to proud of. This is a guy who has been KO'd in his 2 biggest fights.

I'm no De La Hoya fan, never have been and never will be but there is no doubt that years ago he would have wasted this guy.

Now if they were to fight???... It probably goes the distance with Oscar getting the nod with his faster and cleaner punching.

But why in the hell would anybody want to see this fight???...
mexi-cutioner
This fight is stupid, both fighters are at the end of their career and are only as good as their last fight. This fight will also means we see Delahoya coming down to 147 or Hatton coming upto 150+, this fight is utter bullshit and neither fighter is going to convince me that they want anything out of this fight other than a fat paycheck. "I've got that itch to get back in the ring", "This is the sport that I love"... fuck that shit they've got an itch and a love for a multi million dollar paycheck in an attempt to fool the public that this fight will be worthwhile.
BigG
Man, I wouldn't mind seeing this..it would be big in UK...Oscar would KO Hatton in front of all his fans.
Fitz
Oscar was one of my favourite fighters, but I have zero interest in seeing this fight. It would be a glorified exhibition and who ever wins, who cares. Plus they both have showed no more desire to fight. It has no appeal to me.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 3 2009, 03:07 AM) *
Oscar was one of my favourite fighters, but I have zero interest in seeing this fight. It would be a glorified exhibition and who ever wins, who cares. Plus they both have showed no more desire to fight. It has no appeal to me.

Agreed.

I feel the same way about Hopkins v RJJ.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.