Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones vs Danny Green
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
iron_mike
Is this gonna be another 24.95 PPV B.S? Is it on 'regular' cable: ESPN 2, ESPN Classic?
Spyder
Tape delayed on Versus.
iron_mike
Really? Cause I just saw this:

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=31161

Can't copy and paste, but the last sentence says the PPV bout will be telecast live around Australia on Main Evenet and will also be televised to the US on a same day basis.

That's cool, I'll always watch Roy fight, but will NOT pay to watch.
iron_mike
I just got a txt that Hopkins Ornelas is 8pm on VS. Either fight I'll watch, I was gonna try to take a lil bus ride to Philly to watch it live, but too hectic at work...also wanted to go cause my boy's cousin 'Swift' Garcia is the main undercard
Lil-lightsout
Damn! Just realized this fight was tomorrow. Always knew it fell on the 2nd, but did not know it was a wednesday.
iron_mike
So......if Hops is on VS, then Roy is prob PPV
AussieLad
I never understood why big fights are on a wednesday night in australia. Can stay up late getting pissed and watching the fight because its work the next day
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 1 2009, 04:16 PM) *
I never understood why big fights are on a wednesday night in australia. Can stay up late getting pissed and watching the fight because its work the next day

Just wondered where did you get that clown video from? Movie or something? That is very creepy, I would rather look at those Klit bros pics than that video of yours.lol
JD
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Dec 1 2009, 04:01 PM) *
So......if Hops is on VS, then Roy is prob PPV

Versus will carry both fights. Jones - Green will be a same day tape-delay.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 1 2009, 10:16 PM) *

Because boxing cannot compete with any of the other sports. Imagine teh ratings if it was football season or cricket season? Wednesday is perfect because there is nothing else on.
MarzB
This fight if I read correctly based on the time difference will be happening about 1:00 am Stateside (Eastern).
Nay_Sayer
What's the contract weight for this fight?
MarzB
Think the contract was at 180lbs
Jack 1000
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 1 2009, 08:10 PM) *
This fight if I read correctly based on the time difference will be happening about 1:00 am Stateside (Eastern).

Thanks Marz,

This will be difficult to pin down an exact time difference and I don't know how much I will be on the board tomorrow afternoon. I am going to create a thread with important information about the time difference now.

Jack
STEVENSKI
Thats OK guys I will be on here to spoil the result for all of you.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 1 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Thats OK guys I will be on here to spoil the result for all of you.

Well just put it INSIDE the SPOILER THREAD. I pinned it up now. Our spoiler and no public streaming rules apply as always. Just a reminder to everyone that we do have a spoiler violation policy of a 30% warning adding to an offender's account or a 2-day board suspension.)

Jack

Administrator
AussieLad
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 1 2009, 09:22 PM) *
Just wondered where did you get that clown video from? Movie or something? That is very creepy, I would rather look at those Klit bros pics than that video of yours.lol

LOL

Yeah its pretty disturbing. Just found it random through surfing

Reminds me alot of this film clip from Aphex Twin, which has to be one of the freakiest music video's of all time. Like a horror movie.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 2 2009, 02:25 AM) *
LOL

Reminds me alot of this film clip from Aphex Twin, which has to be one of the freakiest music video's of all time. Like a horror movie.

That was fun.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 2 2009, 04:45 AM) *
Well just put it INSIDE the SPOILER THREAD. I pinned it up now. Our spoiler and no public streaming rules apply as always. Just a reminder to everyone that we do have a spoiler violation policy of a 30% warning adding to an offender's account or a 2-day board suspension.)

Jack

Administrator

It's all good Jack. I will just make a thread with the result in the headline & a spoiler alert in it too. LOL
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 2 2009, 03:17 AM) *
It's all good Jack. I will just make a thread with the result in the headline & a spoiler alert in it too. LOL

How much longer before the fight starts Steven?
Spyder
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 2 2009, 01:25 AM) *
LOL

I like the part where the really skinny dude starts screaming at the old lady.

I started thinking how much fun that would be to shoot..."Alright Stretch, now I'm gonna need you to yell at her just enough to look really scary, but not so much that it'll stop her heart...ok?...and...action!"
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 2 2009, 03:18 AM) *
How much longer before the fight starts Steven?

You musta blinked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.