Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new Mike Tyson acrylic piece!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Coyote Duran
Busy, busy! Despite burning the midnight oil for two great boxing sites, I still managed to achieve my goal of painting former Undisputed Heavyweight Champion "Iron Mike" Tyson before the end of the year (finished on November 29th). It's acrylic on an 11" X 14" canvas panel. Comments and critiques are always appreciated. Thanks, gang! smile.gif

Lil-lightsout
I am no expert at art, but looks pretty awesome. I wish I could do that, I would have a bunch of cool pictures of fighters.

What's the blue mark by his chin and nose? And the x mark? Your sig?
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 1 2009, 09:47 PM) *
I am no expert at art, but looks pretty awesome. I wish I could do that, I would have a bunch of cool pictures of fighters.

What's the blue mark by his chin and nose? And the x mark? Your sig?

Thank you, Lights! The blue areas are more of an accent sort of thing. Kind of a haphazard, artsy-fartsy deal. smile.gif

The "X-Mark" is indeed my signature. It's harder to do in paint but it's a generic paw print with a pencil and paintbrush crossed behind it. Sort of a "skull-and-crossbones" kind of thing!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Coyote Duran @ Dec 1 2009, 07:39 PM) *
Busy, busy! Despite burning the midnight oil for two great boxing sites, I still managed to achieve my goal of painting former Undisputed Heavyweight Champion "Iron Mike" Tyson before the end of the year (finished on November 29th). It's acrylic on an 11" X 14" canvas panel. Comments and critiques are always appreciated. Thanks, gang! smile.gif

Anyone who knows Mike, knows that your pic is a spitting image of him. I still think you should try and get in touch with to show him your work. By the way, which one are you in the pic?
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 1 2009, 10:23 PM) *
Anyone who knows Mike, knows that your pic is a spitting image of him. I still think you should try and get in touch with to show him your work. By the way, which one are you in the pic?

Thanks so much, Boxy! I imagine that Mike isn't an easy fella to reach but it's worth trying. I'll hafta reach out with my Coyote operatives and see what I can do... LOL!

As for the pic, I'm the moron standing between Joe Tessitore and Shannon Briggs. biggrin.gif
xxxxxx
Very nice work. You have a great talent.
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 1 2009, 10:10 PM) *
Very nice work. You have a great talent.

Thank you, 6X! smile.gif
Byrd Man
Nervous yet Toothy Guy reminds me of Aasif Mandvi from The Daily Show. lol
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 2 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Nervous yet Toothy Guy reminds me of Aasif Mandvi from The Daily Show. lol

ROFLMAO!!!!!!
King Eugene
Is it just me or does Tessitore look like Quagmire in that pic?
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 2 2009, 01:12 AM) *
Is it just me or does Tessitore look like Quagmire in that pic?

Giggity.

*nodding head solemnly*
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Coyote Duran @ Dec 1 2009, 08:05 PM) *
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 2 2009, 01:12 AM) *
Looking good man

Thanks, Fitz!
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 2 2009, 03:09 AM) *

Holy shit! laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Coyote Duran @ Dec 1 2009, 07:39 PM) *

as always great piece coyote... you have a true talent...
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 2 2009, 07:00 PM) *
as always great piece coyote... you have a true talent...

Much appreciated, J! Thank you!!
Coyote Duran
Just to let you all know, I'm now selling print reproductions via my page at Imagekind.com. The retail's pretty reasonable and you can get your choices of matte or gloss prints of almost any size you want as well as canvas reproductions, postcards and smaller framed pieces!

http://CoyoteDuran.imagekind.com/

Thanks!
BigG
Hey Coyote, great stuff! You have a great talent in Arts!
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 7 2009, 01:13 AM) *
Hey Coyote, great stuff! You have a great talent in Arts!

Thanks, Biggie! As we speak, I'm uploading my Ricky Hatton painting to Image Kind. I'd really like to get my own site going in order to not have a middleman but this is a good start to help get that off the ground. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.