Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones vs. Green (SPOILERS Approx. 1 am EST)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
We are trying to pin down an approximate start time for the Jones-Green fight which seems to be around midnight central to 1 am EST. There is estimated to be about a 15-18 hour time difference between Australian and American Time. If you want to watch on Verses tonight, I would say don't look inside this thread around midnight tonight.

Maybe we are putting up too early of a time. But if you know any results post them in here only. If you don't want to know the results, do not open the thread around this time.

Jack

Administrator
King Eugene
Any results yet?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 2 2009, 06:48 AM) *
The fight is about to begin. Just waiting for both of them to come out. Wooooo. Getting excited.

KEEP ME POSTED!!! The Atmosphere there gotta be crazy!
King Eugene
Can anybody PM me a link to a live feed if there is one?
BigG
Oh god...please retire Roy.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 2 2009, 07:25 AM) *
Fights over. Jones stopped in the first. Flew to sydney for 2 minutes

Please tell me your lying!
The Original MrFactor
Alas, its true... Its over in the 1st...
King Eugene
My heart just hit the floor!
King Eugene
Damn I just read it! Um um um I cant do nothing but shake my head.

Its officially time to give it up!
BigG
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 2 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Damn I just read it! Um um um I cant do nothing but shake my head.

Its officially time to give it up!

I'm sorry about Roy, bro. He was a legend but he didn't have it anymore after Ruiz. And at the end of 2009 he is basically a total shell of himself - truly shot.
King Eugene
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 2 2009, 07:38 AM) *
I'm sorry about Roy, bro. He was a legend but he didn't have it anymore after Ruiz. And at the end of 2009 he is basically a total shell of himself - truly shot.

I couldn't agree with you more man. That ruined my whole day and I aint even went to bed yet to start my day.
STEVENSKI
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What a fantastic result. Danny Green you fuckin legend! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Jones was classy in defeat but he got dropped like a sack of shit by Danny the mean machine Green!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Loved it! He was tasting some serious fist in there. Lucky it got stopped when it did or Green would have killed the cunt!
1zz
Fucking LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

STEVENSKI
This is awesome. Green is a hero.
D-MARV
LMAO!!!!

Tough break for Calzaghe! First Kessler now Roy!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 2 2009, 01:34 PM) *
LMAO!!!!

Tough break for Calzaghe! First Kessler now Roy!

Jones did look fit & well coming in but Danny has serious power that has translated to cruiser. When he was at 168 he was a skeleton & now he has filled out nicely.

One punch to the ear region & Roy was down badly like the Glen Johnson knockout. He got up & Green pushed his shit in good with wicked shots to the bogy & uppercuts. 2.02 of round one & Jones was done. I would have been happy if it went on because I like seeing Jones getting beat up I do admit. 20,000 fans in attendance & literally the streets were full of drunk people after the fight when I was driving home from a mates.

I just wish I was a gambler as I would have laid a weeks salary on Green to win by KO out of hope more than anything.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 2 2009, 07:42 AM) *
Jones did look fit & well coming in but Danny has serious power that has translated to cruiser. When he was at 168 he was a skeleton & now he has filled out nicely.

One punch to the ear region & Roy was down badly like the Glen Johnson knockout. He got up & Green pushed his shit in good with wicked shots to the bogy & uppercuts. 2.02 of round one & Jones was done. I would have been happy if it went on because I like seeing Jones getting beat up I do admit. 20,000 fans in attendance & literally the streets were full of drunk people after the fight when I was driving home from a mates.

I just wish I was a gambler as I would have laid a weeks salary on Green to win by KO out of hope more than anything.

Well, There was a reason why I wasn't talking up Hopkins-Jones Jr. I knew there was a possibilty that Green could fuck everything up and he did. Congrats to Green. (Maybe he'll fight Hopkins?) Anyways, I have to disagree with the Johnson comparison. In the fight, Jones went to sleep. This fight he was rocked and his legs turned to jello. He finished the fight on his feet so it wasn't as brutal as it could have been. But I felt it was the right call and the ref gave Roy plenty of time to fight back.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 2 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Well, There was a reason why I wasn't talking up Hopkins-Jones Jr. I knew there was a possibilty that Green could fuck everything up and he did. Congrats to Green. (Maybe he'll fight Hopkins?) Anyways, I have to disagree with the Johnson comparison. In the fight, Jones went to sleep. This fight he was rocked and his legs turned to jello. He finished the fight on his feet so it wasn't as brutal as it could have been. But I felt it was the right call and the ref gave Roy plenty of time to fight back.

True. If it went on he would have been punched into a coma. As for Hopkins if he wants some he can come get some but he was very disrespectful to Green & Australia in the media although I can't remember when he has consistantly sold our arenas..........................
STEVENSKI
Hows your bro Fitz? LOL he must be crushed but he can wash away the stench of defeat with his tears. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Fitz
Jones isn't near his best but too early for you guys to say he is absolutely done. You guys weren't saying this after the Lacy fight and too early in the fight to have a different opinion. He got caught by a devastating puncher so you can't say he looked worse than in the Lacy fight.

Also, remember at the end of 2007 when Green was supposed to fight Tarver and Tarver ducked him. Some people thought I was being ridiculous because I thought he was able to beat Tarver. Tarver wanted nothing to do with him. He was so scccccurred.

Ps - it takes ages typing on an iPhone. I have probably made errors that I can't be bothered double checking, lol.
BigG
Jones isn't near his best but too early for you guys to say he is absolutely done.

I'm pretty sure Jones is done, dude. LOL.
KookedKrack
It must be close to Christmas first Kessler now Jones the boxing Gods have been merciful this year.........as the days pass by Calslappy looks more and more like the bitch that he is.
KookedKrack

drinks.gif
blackbelt2003
LOL, Calzaghe's 'legacy' is being destroyed bit by bit. First Lacy, then Kessler, then Jones.

I'm almost hoping Hopkins gets KO'd just to throw up two fingers in Joe's face.

Calzaghe's record is the most manufactured and suspect in boxing. Every one of his big wins were actually little wins masquerading as something special.

I used to give props to him beating Kessler, but Ward showed just how easy it is to beat the one dimensional Dane.

Black
KOpower
Time for Roy to retire.
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 3 2009, 12:00 AM) *
Hows your bro Fitz? LOL he must be crushed but he can wash away the stench of defeat with his tears. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Haha. He handled it very well, he was stunned if anything. But was happy for green because he is classy and deserves everything because he works hard.

Also biggeorge, I'm not suggesting jones isn't shot. But jones didn't even have a chance to get out of first gear. All I'm saying is if you weren't screaming for him to retire after lacy not sure about now. Because you can't even determine if he was any worst than the lacy fight because it ended that early
Maxy
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:10 AM) *
LOL, Calzaghe's 'legacy' is being destroyed bit by bit.

I'm still mystified when I see the word 'legacy' mentioned alongside Calzaghe's name. To be honest the bloke is an embarrassment.

Granted, there are people, I even know and work with some of them, who believe that because Joe retired unbeaten he must have been a great fighter.

Makes you cringe don't it?

Anyway, as a Jones fan I hope he does the right thing and gets outta the sport. He's been shot to shit for 6 or 7 years. Never saw him losing like this against Green but there you go.

Time to get out Roy.
D-MARV
I agree with Fitz... It was to early to tell how "much" Roy had left. But I don't care to see him fight anymore. Roy is the reason why I became a boxing fan and it's sad to see what has become of him.
Romulus9
I really thought I was going to wait until tonight and watch it on Versus but I couldn't help it. Just watched it.

That didn't take long.

I'm a Jones fan. Always have been. It's time to retire. I know the Aussies went nuts and they have every reason to be happy about the win, but please be reasonable. The point has been made several times on this thread alone. Roy hasn't been the same since he dropped the weight after Ruiz and got KO'd twice. He was shot at that point and never got any better. (What exactly does this say about Jeff Lacy? Maybe he needs to hang 'em up too...)

A few years ago, not only does that punch not faze him, he doesn't so much as get hit with it. At this point, the huge KO win for Green means about as much as Paul Williams knocking out Hector Camacho Sr. at 154. Good for Green though. He worked hard for it and it could lead to some big things for him. Good for boxing Down Under too.

Time to go, Roy. Maybe one last farewell fight in Pensacola against a nobody, to go out on a win, but that's it.

That was dreadful.
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE (Maxy @ Dec 2 2009, 09:37 AM) *
I'm still mystified when I see the word 'legacy' mentioned alongside Calzaghe's name. To be honest the bloke is an embarrassment.

Granted, there are people, I even know and work with some of them, who believe that because Joe retired unbeaten he must have been a great fighter.

Anyway, as a Jones fan I hope he does the right thing and gets outta the sport. He's been shot to shit for 6 or 7 years. Never saw him losing like this against Green but there you go.

Time to get out Roy.

No, the fact that Calzaghe, too, is a legend does not make me cringe, to be honest. He beat two "well-known" OTHER legends; so it's a pretty good rep to have. All three were old, it was fair and he came out the winner both times. He's beaten highly regarded challengers at 168 and even another fabulous fighter in Chris Eubank. Joe's outdone 'em all, and there's no way to change that. Man, but I wish Jones Jr. and Hopkins had beaten him though. Some feel Hopkins did, because that fight was so close. It's understandable but not, in my opinion, like a robbery (that Joe got it).

Yeah, but ... Joe's a great too, rightfully so.
The CEO
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 2 2009, 08:29 AM) *
It must be close to Christmas first Kessler now Jones the boxing Gods have been merciful this year.........as the days pass by Calslappy looks more and more like the bitch that he is.

smile_anim.gif

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:10 AM) *
LOL, Calzaghe's 'legacy' is being destroyed bit by bit. First Lacy, then Kessler, then Jones.

Calzaghe's record is the most manufactured and suspect in boxing. Every one of his big wins were actually little wins masquerading as something special.

I used to give props to him beating Kessler, but Ward showed just how easy it is to beat the one dimensional Dane.

Black

smile_anim.gif

QUOTE (Maxy @ Dec 2 2009, 09:37 AM) *

Time to get out Roy.

smile_anim.gif....except I was NEVER a fan of Jones.

QUOTE (WolfishPromistah @ Dec 2 2009, 11:06 AM) *
No, the fact that Calzaghe, too, is a legend does not make me cringe, to be honest. He beat two "well-known" OTHER legends; so it's a pretty good rep to have. All three were old, it was fair and he came out the winner both times. He's beaten highly regarded challengers at 168 and even another fabulous fighter in Chris Eubank. Joe's outdone 'em all, and there's no way to change that. Man, but I wish Jones Jr. and Hopkins had beaten him though. Some feel Hopkins did, because that fight was so close. It's understandable but not, in my opinion, like a robbery (that Joe got it).

Yeah, but ... Joe's a great too, rightfully so.

nea.gif

This is like a nightmare to Calzaghe and all of his delusional fans...it keeps gettin' worse and worse.

yahoo.gif
streetlion1
Now Jones Jr. was hurt.....but the ref shouldve let him finish the round and survive. After he was knocked down and Green jumped on him Jones was woozy but still blocking most of the punches.

Hometown bullshit stoppage!!! That being said....if Green didnt do it B-Hop was gonna kill Roy!!
caneman
Geez, I have been so busy helping my friend @ her Daddy's funeral that I missed all of this but I have to admit, I am delighted to say the least...too bad BHop didn't tax that ass 1st though!
D-MARV
I guess this forces Hops to fight Dawson.
Romulus9
If he manages to beat David Haye, I think it's time for a Hopkins-Ruiz showdown. laugh.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 2 2009, 10:45 AM) *
I guess this forces Hops to fight Dawson.

Agree!! This is the fight I want B-Hop to take. I dont wanna see him move to Heavy....a win against the young undefeated star who can box like Chad Dawson would further elevate him and give him the perfect fight to retire on. He doesnt need David Haye....Haye needs to fight James Toney or one of the Klit sisters.
PR316
If Roy had any doubts about his time being up, then now he shouldn't.

Like someone said in this thread, years ago that punch would not only not faze him, but it wouldn't even land.

Always was a Jones fan. Loved his style and was always in awe of his talents. But he doesn't need to get beat up anymore.

I hope Roy retires now.
Box in Hand
You know you're a boxing fan when fights like this have an impact on how your day goes. I have been watching Roy since I was a teenager and yes he was cocky but most all the greats are. I fully expected him to beat Green but this morning woke up to bad news. This must be how it felt to watch Ali's last fight years after his prime had left him and he was no longer the fighter he once was. It is true, in his prime he wouldn't have lost to Calzaghe, Tarver, or Johnson but it is what it is. The problem with Jones is that unlike Hopkins he didn't have good fundamentals. Roy relied on speed and relexes and not so much on the basics. This is why he got caught with the puches he did. All of his knockouts were against the ropes backing up. This is his big hole that he never fixed.
Nay_Sayer
I highly doubt that Hopkins will fight Dawson next.

So, provided that's true, where does Hopkins go now? Renegotiate the purse split and fight Jones anyway?
Snoop
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Dec 2 2009, 03:10 PM) *

Black

Calzaghe ruined Lacy, Kessler and Jones. We've yet to see the ruinage of Hopkins at the hands of the Welshman but they will show up soon.
Lil-lightsout
I was typing something up yesterday about I had a feeling Jones was going to get KO'd. Of course I then deleted it a cause I thought I would get ripped on for it. Just reading the way Green was talking had me believe he was going to crack that chin yet again. Why did Roy take on a big puncher? I guess he thought he would never get caught, kind of like he did against Lacy. It's pretty sad, cause I was always a huge fan of his since the Olympics. I honestly thought while watching him in his prime he would never ever lose. I know many would disagree, but in his prime, he was the greatest fighter I ever seen. Oh well, time for Roy to retire.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 2 2009, 01:55 PM) *
Calzaghe ruined Lacy, Kessler and Jones. We've yet to see the ruinage of Hopkins at the hands of the Welshman but they will show up soon.

Weightlloss ruined Jones, not Calzaghe..
Col Reb
I think if BHOP will not fight Dawson he should move up to heavyweight. He could fight Toney as a tune up and then go after Haye.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 2 2009, 11:21 AM) *
Now Jones Jr. was hurt.....but the ref shouldve let him finish the round and survive. After he was knocked down and Green jumped on him Jones was woozy but still blocking most of the punches.

Hometown bullshit stoppage!!! That being said....if Green didnt do it B-Hop was gonna kill Roy!!

I also thought it was stopped a little early. I thought Jones may have been hurt by the punch. It looked to me like he was coherent and just playing defense. Green was throwing alot of punches. Roy was holding on. I dont like this stoppage at all. Anyone who has seen any of Roy's last 6 or 7 fights knows that Roy goes to the ropes. I think Green would have punched himself out. Maybe he still wins, but it looked like Jones was fine. Nothing like Johnson or Tarver KO's... Hometown stoppage.. I'm with you Streetlion...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 2 2009, 05:21 PM) *

Whatever. Jones was on jelly legs & was starting to taste some serious leather. Jones had no problem with the stoppage. I too would have liked to see it continue as I am partial to seeing Jones carried off on a stretcher. Considering it was a neutral referee I don't see how it was a "hometown" stoppage.

Jones looked good, fast & fit in there he just could not handle the pressure & power that Green brought in there. Perhaps it is because Green is not in awe of Jones like most of his other opponents & followed his gameplan rather than allowed Jones to dictate.

Not saying Jones is not old but Green is hardly a spring chicken either at 36. Jones was displaying speed & timing in there but Green did what he needed to do which was apply pressure & find a opening. He did just that & I hope Hopkins fights him in the future.

I will say one thing that was one pumped crowd & it would have at least been 21,000 strong. The pubs were packed this was a BIG event. More fights could be held down here because Aussies love a event.
Snoop
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 2 2009, 02:37 PM) *

drinks.gif

I've been watching this clip over and over again. Is it just me or does the punch look like it landed behind the head and almost like a push?
Mean Mister Mustard
Seeing Jones crumble from Green's right hand made me wonder if Hopkins would have stopped him as well had their rematch happened in January. On the one hand Hopkins is not a pressure fighter like Green is, at least not anymore and he may not be as big a puncher as Green is. That being said, Hopkins is more accurate and he would have probably caught Jones plenty of times with his straight right.

I don't think Jones should retire. He still has the skill and enough handspeed to dazzle and overwhelm certain prospects and contenders. It's just that he's more liable to be hit nowadays than in his prime and the problem is that his chin is not very good. Personally if he wants to keep fighting I won't complain, I just won't watch.
JLUVBABY
wow i just read the spoiler on the fight... wow.. hate to see jones go out like this.... im sure danny grrene thinks he's the man now...
D-MARV
I did a little research on Green today and he's not as bad as I thought. I wonder how he would match up with Hopkins?
Snoop
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 3 2009, 01:22 AM) *
I did a little research on Green today and he's not as bad as I thought. I wonder how he would match up with Hopkins?

I just remember Green being one of the main sparring partners for Toney. Gotta be pretty decent to hang with Lights Out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.