Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather/Pacquiao & Hopkins/Jones Jr. on the same card????
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Vivek Wallace over at ESB has an interesting (and speculative) article about the possibility of merging the two cards into one, with Floyd and Manny as the headliners and Bernard and Roy on the undercard.

If this goes through, no way this does less than 3 million buys PPV

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=22099&more=1
King Eugene
I read this article and would love the idea of it but my question is would Roy and Bernard be able to put their egos aside to be an undercard at this point in their careers and how in the hell would they be able to pay these guys? If this was to happen this fight could NOT take place in Vegas. The Venues there aren't no where near big enough.
Byrd Man
I wondered that as well, and Vivek actually addresses that aspect, although actions are louder than words:

Some may question how could four huge egos possible exist on one fight card when you look at the money? My response to them would be to consider the fact that neither Jones or Hopkins has ever commanded a purse in excess of 8M-10M for one fight, so splitting a purse 50/50 tells me that even a blind man would see 20/20 when all is said and done here. Suddenly, that idea of a near 100,000 seat Cowboys Stadium doesn't look so odd, as even at an abysmal $50 per seat (which we know won't happen), there'd be far more than enough to go around. When you add those figures up, there's no subtracting from the fact that millions in multiples leave little room for division....just science, from pure chemistry!
King Eugene
This would be so damn good for boxing. What would be even better is if they could some how get Williams on the card after his fight this weekend.
D-MARV
I dont think we have to worry about that anymore.
thehype
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 2 2009, 07:37 AM) *
I dont think we have to worry about that anymore.

laugh.gif
caneman
This would be great IMO, especially with one more good fight and it could be a record that could stand as long as we are all alive! I am not sure RJJ gets by /reen though! The idea of it sounds great though!w00t w00t
Romulus9
Hey Byrd Man, would you have a problem with this thread being deleted?

I don't think it's serving much of a purpose anymore...

What? pardon.gif
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 2 2009, 08:06 AM) *
Hey Byrd Man, would you have a problem with this thread being deleted?

I don't think it's serving much of a purpose anymore...

What? pardon.gif

lol
Byrd Man
lol now I see why you said that. I hadn't heard the Jones news until I checked this thread. ha ha.
SmartyBeardo
RIP RJJ v Hopkins.
MarzB
To me this is a good undercard fight that would bring in more "cas fan buys". Thats if Roy wants it. I was hoping when this is all official that they would make an ATTEMPT to have a good undercard and not the BS they did with DLH vs Mayweather.

Btw: Hype put me on that list. I not only dare QUESTION the Greatness of Pacquiao, I flat out DENY it. When your boy proves he can fight fighters who aren't dehydrated that actually aren't left handed dominant (since he's so successful in his defense of a STRAIGHT RIGHT) maybe I'll be convinced. But hell no not now. I'll be an infidel GLADLY
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 3 2009, 10:26 AM) *
To me this is a good undercard fight that would bring in more "cas fan buys". Thats if Roy wants it. I was hoping when this is all official that they would make an ATTEMPT to have a good undercard and not the BS they did with DLH vs Mayweather.

Btw: Hype put me on that list. I not only dare QUESTION the Greatness of Pacquiao, I flat out DENY it. When your boy proves he can fight fighters who aren't dehydrated that actually aren't left handed dominant (since he's so successful in his defense of a STRAIGHT RIGHT) maybe I'll be convinced. But hell no not now. I'll be an infidel GLADLY

Give it up man. It would be the slow dance from hell with Hopkins literally dragging RJJ around the ring with him for entertainment value. RJJ is done. Hopkins v RJJ should be an exhibition on the undercard of a lion devouring a lamb.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.