Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Verses@ 7PM CST Hopkins vs. Orneles(Round by Round/Postfight)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all comments on the Hopkins fight tonight. Keep everything in this thread. Use the seperate SPOILER thread pinned up for reactions to Jones-Green.

Jack

Administrator
kidbazooka1
Does anyone know if the Danny Garcia fight is gonna be televised?
kidbazooka1
WOW Garcia just scored a brutal 2nd rd KO. This kid will be champ in a year or less IMO.
D-MARV
Hopkins is getting hit more than usual... This can get interesting.
provo
Garcia caught that fool with a nice shot! , b hop looks like shit...
thehype
Either Bernard is totally uninterested with this fight or he's starting to show signs of his age.
D-MARV
No way Enrique is gonna win a decision but this fight is closer than the announcers are making it seem.
D-MARV
Im gonna go out on a ledge and say Jones Jr-Hopkins would still be competitive.
thehype
Ooooooooooh....no he didn't just try to pull off the Zab Judah uppercut.

laugh.gif

LMAO

Hopkins is getting desparate in there.

laugh.gif
KookedKrack
sad.gif

damn bhop has been getting hit clean a few times I'm not liking this.....
thehype
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 2 2009, 09:14 PM) *
Im gonna go out on a ledge and say Jones Jr-Hopkins would still be competitive.

laugh.gif

I'm on that edge with ya bro.
The CEO
I'm watchin' this at a bar with closed captions, and it looks like Bernard finally got old...
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 2 2009, 10:18 PM) *
I'm watchin' this at a bar with closed captions, and it looks like Bernard finally got old...

sad.gif

I'm getting the same feeling ....he just ate a gang of uppercuts last round
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 2 2009, 09:18 PM) *

That or Orneles should be ranked #3 P4P
KookedKrack
No way he beats dawson now imo
D-MARV
Big round 6 for Hopkins!
D-MARV
Orneles = Calzaghe? CEO?
KookedKrack
bhop seems to be getting into his groove a bit now...
D-MARV
Yeah... Hops is picking it up. This is the most active I have seen him in a while.
iron_mike
I told y'all about Swift Garcia! I was supposed to make a trip to see this fight, but way too much work today and early tomorrow morning, no way I could've survived a 2-3hr commute from NYC to Philly back and forth.

I said in a previous thread- Oscar and co. need to promote this kid. Get him on B.A.D., do something. Unless thier gonna stick to their Victor Ortiz investment and no one else.

But Danny Garcia is the goods. Power in both hands, though we only saw the right tonight. I spoke with his father (conf call with my friend, Danny's cousin) and he said Danny feels he could take Hatton, maybe Bradley after a few more fights. I want to see more of this guy and at 15 fights, he's fighting and dropping solid comp;he's no JCC Jr.
The CEO
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 2 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Orneles = Calzaghe? CEO?

I'm thinkin' Hopkins is done at the Elite level...a young, active dude with some above average skills could get 'im...

Dawson could stop him if he doesn't overly respect him...
KookedKrack
damn hopkins put his hands on him in the 12th ......what happens now for bhop? the jones fight is fucked........
thehype
THE Pacquiao would RUIN Hopkins at a catchweight of 165!

laugh.gif

D-MARV
WOW!

Hopkins still wants Jones!
KookedKrack
rolleyes_anim.gif @ bhop still wanting to make the fight
salvador
I hate to say it, but it sounds to me like Bernard ain't got no intention of fighting Dawson. It's either Haye or another tune up while he waits for Haye. I hate that, but it just feels that way.
BigG
Hopkins looked old...he took over from round 6 though. Definitely past his prime though. I want Hopkins to fight Dawson.
KookedKrack
At this point i think Paulie Malignaggi would ko Jones ......
salvador
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 2 2009, 10:01 PM) *
Hopkins looked old...he took over from round 6 though. Definitely past his prime though.

Yeah, compare tonight's Hopkins to the guy who fought Tito. Two different guys.
Spyder
Fucking Barry Tompkins and Douchebag couldn't help but spoil the Jones outcome for everyone that waited to watch it. I avoided ALL sports media today, just by chance that something big happened I wouldn't see it on the bottom line.

Assholes!

Anyway, Roy looked really dry in there...almost like he didn't even hit the mitts. I can't imagine that he would fight a guy that could punch without warming up, but that's what it looked like.

I don't think the Roy-Hopkins fight is DOA like most are saying. Crazier things have happened...like Mayweather-Judah.

laugh.gif

Also, I didn't like the stoppage, but I don't hate the ref for stepping in when he did. Some refs let the fight go on a little longer than others...this guy was just not one of them.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 3 2009, 12:19 AM) *
I don't think the Roy-Hopkins fight is DOA like most are saying. Crazier things have happened...like Mayweather-Judah.

I don't know man Judah got beat by baldomir but he didnt get taken out in the fight round......I think this is a way harder sell than may vs. judah
Spyder
Yeah, but the KO wasn't all that impressive.

Roy took a glancing shot behind the ear, and then got his gloves beat on until the ref stepped in. No doubt he got his equalibrium shook, but it's not that brutal image that we got from the Tarver and Johnson KO's.

Throw in the quick stoppage spin that Hopkins was already alluding too...and with Hopkins turning 45, I think they can sell it as two "battle tested" rivals!

laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 3 2009, 04:19 AM) *
Fucking Barry Tompkins and Douchebag couldn't help but spoil the Jones outcome for everyone that waited to watch it. I avoided ALL sports media today, just by chance that something big happened I wouldn't see it on the bottom line.

Assholes!

Anyway, Roy looked really dry in there...almost like he didn't even hit the mitts. I can't imagine that he would fight a guy that could punch without warming up, but that's what it looked like.

laugh.gif

Also, I didn't like the stoppage, but I don't hate the ref for stepping in when he did. Some refs let the fight go on a little longer than others...this guy was just not one of them.

Those commentators were fucking HORRIBLE. Even DURING the Jones replay they were talking about the outcome. I think at one point one of them was like "And the ref comes in to stop the fight in about 20 secs..." I mean yeah, it's a short fight, but shit, at least act like you give a damn.
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 2 2009, 11:56 PM) *
Those commentators were fucking HORRIBLE. Even DURING the Jones replay they were talking about the outcome. I think at one point one of them was like "And the ref comes in to stop the fight in about 20 secs..." I mean yeah, it's a short fight, but shit, at least act like you give a damn.

laugh.gif

At that point I told my wife, "These guys would be horrible to watch a movie with...'ooh, ooh, this next part is really good!'"

Fucking dumbasses.
BigG
Spyder as sad as this is...Judah these days is probably better than Roy Jones! Jones is shot to shit. I'm sorry to Aussies for what I'm about to post but Danny Green aint shit. He's a good fighter with good power but it ends there. I've seen him in the past against Beyer and Mundine (he was owned in this fight) and some other fights..he's no world beater. He just looks like an above avergare fighter. He can make for some good entertaining fights but I can't see him beating any highly skilled top fighter. He caught a shot Jones early. At least now he can say he did what Trevor Berbick, Danny Williams, Sultan Ibrimigov, Willy Wise did and that's take out a faded legend. What I'm saying is, Jones has fallen off pretty bad. Jones in the mid 90's would not have lost to Danny Green. Jones is done and should call it a career.

Hopkins should fight Dawson.
Spyder
laugh.gif

Zab Judah is NOT better than Roy Jones...now, then, EVER! lol

What happened to Roy against Green had little to do with him be shot, and A LOT to do with him going into the fight cold. Yeah, maybe if he was younger he could've recovered faster, and caught his wits by moving around rather than laying on the ropes...but getting caught dry is something that can happen to any fighter at any stage of their career...even in sparring!

Roy didn't take punishment in this fight. Shit, it was over before he even broke a sweat.

Roy should take the mandatory 30 days of no contact, and then get right back at it in the gym. This definitely wasn't a career ender.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 3 2009, 03:57 AM) *
WOW!

Hopkins still wants Jones!

Hopkins wants everyones leftovers
Jack 1000
Damn!!!

Give Orneles all the credit in the world! While I only could give like 1 or 2 rounds at most, this was certainly an entertaining little scrap. It may have been one-sided, but that little shit gave the legend I think a better fight than tons were expecting. In recent years, Hopkins masterfully and methodically breaks down the opponent, but often those fights are kind of boring. This fight was NOT boring! It was reminiscent of like the first 5-8 years of Hopkins fights when he the great inside brawler.

Thanks for not picking some opponent from a 7-11 for this fight! I agree that I think Hopkins took this fighter lightly (who wouldn't?) and is showing his age.

Jack
Fitz
I want to see this fight. Might have to wait until the weekend or something. But this wasn't what I wanted to hear. Did Hopkins look horrible? Or just not as sharp? Is there a chance he maybe hasn't aged, but took this opponent lightly or tried to make a statement?
Might have to see it for myself, but I hope he actually didn't look like garbage.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 3 2009, 01:29 AM) *
Hopkins wants everyones leftovers

Just like Pac. laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 3 2009, 05:59 AM) *
laugh.gif

At that point I told my wife, "These guys would be horrible to watch a movie with...'ooh, ooh, this next part is really good!'"

Fucking dumbasses.

laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 3 2009, 12:21 PM) *
I want to see this fight. Might have to wait until the weekend or something. But this wasn't what I wanted to hear. Did Hopkins look horrible? Or just not as sharp? Is there a chance he maybe hasn't aged, but took this opponent lightly or tried to make a statement?
Might have to see it for myself, but I hope he actually didn't look like garbage.

It was a typical Hopkins style fight. Stalk in the beginning, turn it up the last few rounds. I actually thought he threw a lot more punches in the last 3 rounds than most people would expect. Definitely wasn't the Hopkins of the Trinidad fight, but I mean c'mon, that fight was 8 years ago.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2009, 09:18 AM) *
It was a typical Hopkins style fight. Stalk in the beginning, turn it up the last few rounds. I actually thought he threw a lot more punches in the last 3 rounds than most people would expect. Definitely wasn't the Hopkins of the Trinidad fight, but I mean c'mon, that fight was 8 years ago.

But after this fight and the Green embarrassment of Jones, are you really interested in a slow dance for an undetermined amount of rounds with Hopkins carrying Jones around the ring?

RJJ had a great career, but his chin is splintered glass. Please retire Roy. Enough is enough.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 3 2009, 01:53 PM) *
But after this fight and the Green embarrassment of Jones, are you really interested in a slow dance for an undetermined amount of rounds with Hopkins carrying Jones around the ring?

RJJ had a great career, but his chin is splintered glass. Please retire Roy. Enough is enough.

Never said I would be interested. I was just speaking on Hopkins' performance.

But if you're asking me now, no I wouldn't be interested. I'd rather see Hopkins fight Dawson or Haye.
Spyder
I'm less interested in seeing Hopkins get outworked by another young fighter then I am to see a couple of old guys fight at their own pace.

There really needs to be a senior tour for these guys to fight in.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 3 2009, 12:59 PM) *
I'm less interested in seeing Hopkins get outworked by another young fighter then I am to see a couple of old guys fight at their own pace.

No, thank you.
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 3 2009, 04:59 PM) *

The thing is, Hopkins has never been disillusioned about his own abilities. He took on Kelly Pavlik cuz he saw something he could exploit. He beat Antonio Tarver because he knew he could. You don't see him calling out the Klits or anyone out of his skills range. A lot of people thought Hopkins was going to get outworked and KO'd by Pavlik, yet he absolutely demolished Kelly. I think Hopkins knows himself well enough to call it quits when the time is right, but as long as he keeps shocking the public, I'll keep watching.
BigG
Fitz, and those who didnt get to see the fight..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWQgFYnruE
Fitz
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 4 2009, 02:07 PM) *
Fitz, and those who didnt get to see the fight..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wWQgFYnruE

Nah. I don't usually do full 12 round fights on youtube. I will try download it later. Thanks anyways.
Method
It was reminiscent of like the first 5-8 years of Hopkins fights when he the great inside brawler.

EXACTLY.

That's exactly what I told Hype when we spoke about it this morning. Hopkins has sparred with this guy before, so I tend to think he wasnt too worried about getting hit because he had tasted EO's power and new he couldn't be hurt. Hopkins took some nice inside uppercuts w ease to land his own. I thought it was an entertaining scrap, and not at all indicative of any outcome of fights versus different opponents.

Just my opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.