Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My article on Manny Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Snoop
Keep in mind, I write for a publication targeted at Asian/Pacific Islander Americans. I'm about to get so much hate. LOL

http://www.iexaminer.org/editorial/unmaski...manny-pacquiao/

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 2 2009, 05:13 PM) *
Keep in mind, I write for a publication targeted at Asian/Pacific Islander Americans. I'm about to get so much hate. LOL

i agree with your article snoop.. you make valid points tho the greatest is probably more than likey sugar robinson but thats not the point here... lol... you did a great job writing it and no matter your views even if you wrote the opposite its your views and dont worry bout the "hate" and what some might think about it.. great job..
Snoop
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 3 2009, 12:21 AM) *
i agree with your article snoop.. you make valid points tho the greatest is probably more than likey sugar robinson but thats not the point here... lol... you did a great job writing it and no matter your views even if you wrote the opposite its your views and dont worry bout the "hate" and what some might think about it.. great job..

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I agree "The Greatest" is more fitting for SRR, but most people associate that nickname with Ali.

I just hate bandwagon fans of any sport or of any fighter. This time they just happen to be Asian and well, I write for an Asian paper and since my job is to stir up controversy, I thought I'd put my own hate to generate some more. lol.
The CEO
They're gonna come after you for that one, Snoop...lol...but I'm with ya all the way...motherfuckers need to be Boxing fans...not fighter fans.
kidbazooka1
Great article Snoop im also a huge fan of Manny and know that he's truly a specail fighter but some people do get carrreid away at times myself included.

Does anyone remember when only the WBC,WBA and IBF were considered true titles? I remember wtaching some fights in the early and mid 90's and the WBO was not counted as a true world title though i can't recall when they were included.
thehype
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 2 2009, 06:13 PM) *

Two things...

First and foremost, although THE Pacquiao would disagree, I thought it was good article that pretty much outlined all the items that a lot of people question regarding his career.

Second, holy crap Snoop...I didn't realize you were Nick Wong.
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 2 2009, 08:40 PM) *
Two things...

First and foremost, although THE Pacquiao would disagree, I thought it was good article that pretty much outlined all the items that a lot of people question regarding his career.

Great article, Scoop! But Pacquiao didn't win a RING belt at lightweight. It was junior lightweight and he still holds the junior welter RING belt he beat Ricky Hatton for. Otherwise, a very gutsy article! I know what it's like to get hit by the Pac-Maniacs. Let it slide, brother. smile.gif
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 2 2009, 08:11 PM) *
They're gonna come after you for that one, Snoop...lol...but I'm with ya all the way...motherfuckers need to be Boxing fans...not fighter fans.

clapping.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2009, 01:40 AM) *
Two things...

Thanks for the compliment, despite it being in defiance to THE Pacquiao. And maybe I'm missing something, but why are you so shocked at my real name?
Snoop
QUOTE (Coyote Duran @ Dec 3 2009, 04:28 AM) *
Great article, Scoop! But Pacquiao didn't win a RING belt at lightweight. It was junior lightweight and he still holds the junior welter RING belt he beat Ricky Hatton for. Otherwise, a very gutsy article! I know what it's like to get hit by the Pac-Maniacs. Let it slide, brother. smile.gif

SHIT! Good catch bro. I think they can still change it before it gets printed on a hard copy. Thanks!
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 2 2009, 07:40 PM) *

THEEE Nick Wong?!?

laugh.gif

Snoop, I think you have Hype star-struck!

laugh.gif
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 2 2009, 11:38 PM) *
SHIT! Good catch bro. I think they can still change it before it gets printed on a hard copy. Thanks!

As I make myself laugh by calling you "Scoop" instead of "Snoop"! Some editor I am! laugh.gif
Fadetwist
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 2 2009, 07:11 PM) *

True that. These new bastards entering in Boxing with their enthusiasm and excitement for the sport need to be put down!!

How dare Pac bring in new legion of fans when clearly it should only be reserved for BOXING fans.
If Pac was Chinese I might have different thoughts....
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 3 2009, 05:16 AM) *
THEEE Nick Wong?!?

laugh.gif

Snoop, I think you have Hype star-struck!

laugh.gif

LMAO. I was confused myself. It's weird to be talked about on here by my real name.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fadetwist @ Dec 3 2009, 05:29 AM) *
True that. These new bastards entering in Boxing with their enthusiasm and excitement for the sport need to be put down!!

How dare Pac bring in new legion of fans when clearly it should only be reserved for BOXING fans.
If Pac was Chinese I might have different thoughts....

LOL. This wasn't in reference to the witty piece you posted a while back. I LOVE the fact that Pacquiao is reviving boxing and the sad reality of it all is that the sport depends on fairweather fans.

But it gets annoying when people talk about boxing as if they were there from day one and then talk shit to you when you made a wrong pick, but your reasons were more educated than their lucky shot in the dark.

It isn't that I hate new fans; we were all new to the sport at some point. The difference is that I kept my fucking mouth shut until I knew my shit whereas these Pac nuthuggers speak out of their ass after watching two rounds. That's my beef.
torvix2000
LOL! I always go with Pacquiao.

"I'm just an ordinary fighter who has beaten great fighters." - Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao is just lucky. It's like winning a lotto. What's the probability of a modern day fighter winning titles in 7 different weight divisions...

... even if you have weak champs in each division, factoring in the nature of boxing today starting from politics and ramblings of the promoters.

I'd say Pacquiao is simply lucky to be great.
DatuLakandula
Nice article you got there. But indeed Manny cant please everyone. maybe Manny isnt the greatest of all time, standing along side Sugar Ray Robinson, but he is a special fighter who love the sports so much that he is eager to learn even he is in his prime. Maybe people couldnt just accept the fact that someone from a poor country like the Philippines has the ability to reach the level of boxing legends. Every generation, someone is born to be great in boxing, Robinson, Leonard, Tyson, Hagler etc.. but arent they blacks and americans. maybe the boxing community was expecting another fighter from the US to be the successor of being a legend for this generation. But here comes Manny, a humble soft spoken asian who struggles to become one without considering himself as grea fightert, giving every fight not for himself but to the fans and to his country. If only Manny was an american, no doubt he will be the greatest fighter of all time. For me im lucky to witness a great boxer from asia, the GREATEST OF THIS GENERATION. i know floyd fans, mostly americans will surely go mad. But lets accept the truth guys, Manny is the most exciting and best fighter of this generation.
Snoop
QUOTE (DatuLakandula @ Dec 3 2009, 01:25 PM) *
Nice article you got there. But indeed Manny cant please everyone. maybe Manny isnt the greatest of all time, standing along side Sugar Ray Robinson, but he is a special fighter who love the sports so much that he is eager to learn even he is in his prime. Maybe people couldnt just accept the fact that someone from a poor country like the Philippines has the ability to reach the level of boxing legends. Every generation, someone is born to be great in boxing, Robinson, Leonard, Tyson, Hagler etc.. but arent they blacks and americans. maybe the boxing community was expecting another fighter from the US to be the successor of being a legend for this generation. But here comes Manny, a humble soft spoken asian who struggles to become one without considering himself as grea fightert, giving every fight not for himself but to the fans and to his country. If only Manny was an american, no doubt he will be the greatest fighter of all time. For me im lucky to witness a great boxer from asia, the GREATEST OF THIS GENERATION. i know floyd fans, mostly americans will surely go mad. But lets accept the truth guys, Manny is the most exciting and best fighter of this generation.

Where he comes from has ZERO to do with my assessment. How you're somehow justifying your rant about how this is an issue about "nationality" is beyond me. Most boxers, regardless of where they come from, are socially marginalized (people can be impoverished ANYWHERE), and like I stated in the article, I am inspired how he can lift an entire country simply by boxing. But even if Manny was from the US, I'd still have the same critiques. Just ask me how I feel about Mayweather.

The article is directed more at Pacquiao FANS who don't know their history, don't know the sanctions of the sport, or bother to pay attention to crucial details, and then start making some asinine statements like "He's the greatest boxer ever!" when they've never even heard of Sugar Ray Robinson.

Greatest of this generation? Sure. But can you honestly say he compares to SRR?
torvix2000
LOL! How can you compile 170+ wins during this modern times. If Robinson were born today, he'd be avoided like JMM, Paul Williams, etc. etc. He won't get a fight. And since lots of fights of yesteryears are now simulated via combination of having a good team (coach, conditioning coach, sparring partners). Who's to say Robinson won't get affected by a failure of one of the components.
thehype
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 2 2009, 11:33 PM) *
Thanks for the compliment, despite it being in defiance to THE Pacquiao. And maybe I'm missing something, but why are you so shocked at my real name?

laugh.gif

I'm not socked at your real name...I just didn't know that you were Nick Wong. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I've received a few emails from you in the past about your wandering pugilist adventures. I've seen your work and photographs before. Not that it's a big revelation...I just never put two and two together. That's all.
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2009, 01:24 PM) *
laugh.gif

I'm not socked at your real name...I just didn't know that you were Nick Wong. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I've received a few emails from you in the past about your wandering pugilist adventures. I've seen your work and photographs before. Not that it's a big revelation...I just never put two and two together. That's all.

In other words...

Hype is a fan of THE Wong!

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 3 2009, 02:35 PM) *
In other words...

Hype is a fan of THE Wong!

laugh.gif

HEY! Watch it buddy...that kind of talk could be considered BLASPHEMY in the eyes of THE Pacquiao. Thou shalt not be a fan of anyone else or ye shall taste the MIGHTY FISTS of THE Pacquiao!

Snoop
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 3 2009, 07:24 PM) *
laugh.gif

Yeah I remember I shot over some emails about writing some pieces for the site but I didn't know they went over to you. Wait. So YOU'RE the one that never got back to me. nea.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2009, 07:03 PM) *
Yeah I remember I shot over some emails about writing some pieces for the site but I didn't know they went over to you. Wait. So YOU'RE the one that never got back to me. nea.gif

Hype has no time for nick wong, but will make time for snoop
Snoop
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Dec 4 2009, 02:40 AM) *
Hype has no time for nick wong, but will make time for snoop

Haha. If I knew those messages were going to Hype, I might have signed it "Snoop" instead.
Fitz
I haven't read all the article yet Nicholas Wong, I skimmed through it and I agreed with a lot of your points (that I saw). I will try get a chance to read it all when I get home later.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 4 2009, 02:49 AM) *
I haven't read all the article yet Nicholas Wong, I skimmed through it and I agreed with a lot of your points (that I saw). I will try get a chance to read it all when I get home later.

Dammit. Is using my real name going to start becoming a regular thing here?
The CEO
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2009, 08:51 PM) *

Hey, Nick...lol...you should see what people are sayin' about you and your article over at that BS forum...

HATIN' you.
BigG
What forum? laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 4 2009, 02:56 AM) *
Hey, Nick...lol...you should see what people are sayin' about you and your article over at that BS forum...

HATIN' you.

LOL. What BS forum is this? PM me bro.
The CEO
BS just so happens to be its initials...lol...some guy posted your article...praisin' it...and then the attacks began...

I think one of them even called you a Jew...lol...makes no sense...but hey...that's garbage fans for ya...idiots.

I'll PM you with some details in a little while...
BigG
Fuck that....I'm going in!!! laugh.gif
BigG
nick wong is a dirty jew!
lol....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2009, 07:51 PM) *

WAIT A MINUTE YOU ARE "THE" NICK WONG!!!!!!! its a pleasure homie!!!!
The CEO
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 3 2009, 09:55 PM) *
Fuck that....I'm going in!!! laugh.gif

Hell yeah...get in there and hurt 'em, G....lol.......I was wantin' to tell Snoop before I got involved...
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 4 2009, 01:59 PM) *
WAIT A MINUTE YOU ARE "THE" NICK WONG!!!!!!! its a pleasure homie!!!!

Absolutely. He is "the" one you speak of.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 4 2009, 03:06 AM) *
Absolutely. He is "the" one you speak of.

Yes. I am "THE" Nick Wong, the "dirty jew" according to the posters over at BS. LMAO.

It feels more like my article just sparked name calling between the posters rather than having a problem with my writing, though one guy managed to use my name 4 times in his "Nick Wong" bashing post. LOL. Guess it must be pretty catchy.
The CEO
Check this one out...

That author probably a pakin *****!!! He nit pick on little stuff!!! But he fuks up when he said Ali is the greatest Fighter!! Dum azs!!! Pac is Greater now!!!

lol....it never ceases to amaze me....how stupid fanatics (like this one) are...

If they only knew they were essentially sabotaging Pacquiao by acting this way and saying such things...

Garbage fans BRING The Hate upon their hero...
Fitz
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 4 2009, 02:05 PM) *
Hell yeah...get in there and hurt 'em, G....lol.......I was wantin' to tell Snoop before I got involved...

PM me the forum. I been looking for a place to troll.
Fitz
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 4 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Yes. I am "THE" Nick Wong, the "dirty jew" according to the posters over at BS. LMAO.

It feels more like my article just sparked name calling between the posters rather than having a problem with my writing, though one guy managed to use my name 4 times in his "Nick Wong" bashing post. LOL. Guess it must be pretty catchy.

It's a pretty cool name. It sounds like you should be a surgeon. laugh.gif
Keith
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 3 2009, 10:41 PM) *
PM me the forum. I been looking for a place to troll.

Is this board speak for declaring war and invading a forum? LMAO, does that shit happen cause I could use a good laugh. A bunch of Fighthypers joining a rival forum and taking that shit over. That would be funny.
Fitz
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 4 2009, 03:06 PM) *
Is this board speak for declaring war and invading a forum? LMAO, does that shit happen cause I could use a good laugh. A bunch of Fighthypers joining a rival forum and taking that shit over. That would be funny.

You missed out. Earlier this year I think it was. Myself, biggeorge, Stevenski, Spyder, Mean Mister Mustard and a few others all joined a teenage forum based in the UK and terrorised and trolled the crap out of them for at least a good month. We would crush feelings of teenagers while playing teenages ourselves. They were fun times.
BigG
Fuck that was funny...PrinceHerbert LMAO good god people hated PrinceHerbert and his shitty, violent, obscene poems.
Spyder
Prince Herb's poems were inspirational...you don't have any of those laying around do you? lol
Warlord
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2009, 11:23 PM) *

Reminds me of my first day at the Fighthype forums (well, actually in them days it was still the Boxingtalk forums). I don't even remember what topic I was replying to, I just remember Hawkins (Where is he now?) telling me I was a "dirty spic."

I was like, "I'm not even mexican, lol."

In true Hawkins fashion he responds with, "To me you always will be." laugh.gif

Ahh, those were the days.
Warlord
Left a nice, supportive message for you over at the forum Snoop. Check it out. http://www.iexaminer.org/editorial/unmaski...1/#comment-1339

Let's see what kind of response that gets. If any. I never trolled before.
BigG
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 4 2009, 04:43 AM) *
Prince Herb's poems were inspirational...you don't have any of those laying around do you? lol

Those were FREESTYLE poems I made on the spot...I remember one was a man falling in love with a woman, getting mad, and punching her boobs...

I'll GLADY troll another forum under PrinceHerbert!
Snoop
QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 4 2009, 05:58 AM) *
Left a nice, supportive message for you over at the forum Snoop. Check it out. http://www.iexaminer.org/editorial/unmaski...1/#comment-1339

Let's see what kind of response that gets. If any. I never trolled before.

LMFAO. Well, that's not really a boxing forum, it's kind of a newspaper for Asian Americans. I don't think they'd respond to kindly to you calling me a chink. LOL. But hey, the whole reason they hired me was to increase traffic, and those comments will definitely get readers fired up. So thanks bro, for being racist. laugh.gif .

This shit is hilarious man. If you guys are serious about infiltrating the BS boards I'm down. I never thought raising hate would be so much fun.
Coyote Duran
Snoop, you should join BS as your goateed nemesis, Wick Nong.
thehype
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 3 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Haha. If I knew those messages were going to Hype, I might have signed it "Snoop" instead.

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure I replied with at least my standard "We're always looking for more help". I never heard back from you. I get that from time to time...people who offer to contribute, but then I never hear back from them. I don't know if they're getting my reply or not, so I gotta just keep it moving. HOWEVER, had I known you were "Snoop", I would have just hounded you on here. LOL.

Come to think of it...I'm still waiting to hear back from BigG. LOL.

Man, I've got writers right now who I've sent emails to and haven't heard back from in months. I can't really chase after them, but that happens all the time. If I don't hear back from folks, I gotta just keep grindin on getting the content up.

But anyway, yeah, that's kind of what the "KING KONG H.M.I.C." stands for, you know? I'm the head monkey in charge, so now that I know that Nick Wong is you, I can pay much closer to attention to any correspondance I recieve from you because I know you better through these boards. I get emails from guys with names I've never heard of...that's not a knock on them; I've just never heard of them, but I know who "Snoop from the boards" is...just like I know who JD, THE C.E.O. and BigG are. Heck, it's a funny story when I think about it now, but I first knew my main man Percy as "nardfan" from the blahtalk chats. LOL. Damn that was a long time ago. LOL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.