Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao backing out?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
I hate to make another thread but here we go...

By Mark Vester

While everyone has jumped on the Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Manny Pacquiao wagon, Manny's attorney, Franklin Gacal, told The Philippine Star that it won't happen until the mid or late point of 2010. Gacal spoke to Pacquiao last night, and as of last night, Pacquiao has no plans to fight until after the May elections. Earlier this week, Pacquiao announced that he was running for a congressional seat in the Philippines.

Based on Manny's political decision, Top Rank's Bob Arum said Mayweather would have to fight Pacquiao on March 13 instead of the proposed May 1 date. Mayweather agreed on Tuesday to fight Pacquiao in March. Arum left for Manila on Tuesday night. He plans to to sit down with Pacquiao to discuss the Mayweather fight. Gacal says Arum's trip was already planned because he was flying in to finalize a deal with TV network ABS-CBN.

“As of last night, Manny said he doesn’t want to fight in April or even May. There will be no fight. Maybe it will come after the elections,” said Gacal. “Everything will depend on the developments after the elections. But again, as of last night, the March 13 and May 1 dates for Pacquiao’s next fight are out."

Everything could change once Arum sits down with Pacquiao and shows him the numbers for what is considered to be the richest fight in boxing
xxxxxx
WTF!
Box in Hand
I told yall in my thread that dude wants politics over May. How is he ready to go fight at 154 in March but not fight Mayweather in March?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 2 2009, 08:55 PM) *
I told yall in my thread that dude wants politics over May. How is he ready to go fight at 154 in March but not fight Mayweather in March?

Thats's a good point. There have been a lot of things said in the past couple weeks on Manny's side that don't make sense. Mayweather clearly wants the fight.
provo
LOL! Damn it excuses excuses! First I don't want 2 fight in May only in March ,so floyd says fuk it lets do it in March ,oh I'll wait to after elections ..LOL now that's what u call ducking! LOL...

I can't wait 2 hear what the pac man nuthuggers will say! LOL...
KookedKrack
torvix will find a way to spin this into Mayweather being scared.
Keith
I'm sure things can change, but Arum's not splitting 50/50 with Floyd unless he brings belts to the table. This shit is about money. Its an excuse/diversion to get Floyd and Shane in the ring together first. I mean this only makes sense. Top Rank put their best 147's in the ring together so now GB should too. Then fight for all the marbles with 3 belts on the line. The goals is to hype this fight to its highest possible. Its a huge fight anyway you slice it....but with 3 belts on the line instead of 1 and at least 6 more months of hype....
D-MARV
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 2 2009, 09:02 PM) *
I'm sure things can change, but Arum's not splitting 50/50 with Floyd unless he brings belts to the table. This shit is about money. Its an excuse/diversion to get Floyd and Shane in the ring together first. I mean this only makes sense. Top Rank put their best 147's in the ring together so now GB should too. Then fight for all the marbles with 3 belts on the line. The goals is to hype this fight to its highest possible. Its a huge fight anyway you slice it....but with 3 belts on the line instead of 1 and at least 6 more months of hype....

SHUTUP YOU!
you're making excuses.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 2 2009, 09:05 PM) *
SHUTUP YOU!
you're making excuses.

Excuses about what? I hate both these mutha effers.
provo
LOL! So its BOB now ? LOL , bob said he was fine with the deal and how much money floyd agreed to!

Pac is looking like a Bitch if u ask me ! Why won't he fight floyd? Floyd is in his prime and won't come in drained ?
Keith
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 2 2009, 09:15 PM) *
LOL! So its BOB now ? LOL , bob said he was fine with the deal and how much money floyd agreed to!

Pac is looking like a Bitch if u ask me ! Why won't he fight floyd? Floyd is in his prime and won't come in drained ?

I'm not arguing whether Pac looks like a bitch. He's kinda been a bitch for 2 years now.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 2 2009, 06:27 PM) *
I'm not arguing whether Pac looks like a bitch. He's kinda been a bitch for 2 years now.

Sigs speak louder than words.
tymoney
Wow.. not too many responses on this thread. Looks like Pacman boyfriends finally ran out of excuses lol..and Im just waiting for somebody..anybody to come back up here and find a way to say that "gayweather" is scared so I can get my laugh in for the night. Lol
provo
All I know is if Floyd pulled this shit ! We'd be on 10 pages already of people talking shit!
So Floyd Haters there u go Floyd steped up agreed to fight whatever date and is Challenging the number 1 pound for pound best fighter in the world talking shit saying its easy work for him!
And you the suppose pound4pound champ making excuses!LOL...
I love it !
HaydelHammer
interesting...very interesting.

sign the papers mr. pound for pound legend 15 weight division champion...sign em.

let floyd pull this sh*t and Brian Kenny, Max Kellerman and Larry Merchant would be having a damn field day
leonthegee
mannys a bitch ive been saying that all along. hes scared of the black athlete.
leonthegee
provo
I can't wait for the Floyd Mayweather interview about this !....LOL....
Someone get ahold of Floyd I want 2 know what he has to say about this LOL..,"Pacs a bitch ,easy work knows he can't beat me,don't want 2 fight me getting forced to fight me "..LMAO

provo
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 2 2009, 08:32 PM) *

Im with you on that one!
Pac only fights shot,old drained fighters!
Spyder
Pac targeted and destroyed every mexican fighter that he could get his hands on...

Maybe he's going after the black fighters next?

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
I think this needs to be put on Arum.

I'm not a fan of either fighter, so I have no stake here.

That said, Manny has said all along he's wanting to run for office set for May. ARUM is the one saying that they'll fight either March or May. Have we heard manny HIMSELF come out and say that he is fine with either March or May?

ARUM is banking on him being able to get there, point out how much money is at stake, and Manny will just go along with it. I think it's kinda fucked up that Manny seems to be getting a lot of flack for this, when (and I could be wrong here) I haven't seen anything to say that Manny is backing down from this.

He long ago claimed he was running in 2010, even before DLH fight.

So now that he's running and doing what he said he's suddenly backing down from Floyd?

I dunno....
leonthegee
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 2 2009, 09:07 PM) *
Pac targeted and destroyed every mexican fighter that he could get his hands on...

Maybe he's going after the black fighters next?

laugh.gif

he has to fight one first. how do u become number 1 p4p without fighting any african american fighters? is that even possible.
streetlion1
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 2 2009, 07:51 PM) *
LOL! Damn it excuses excuses! First I don't want 2 fight in May only in March ,so floyd says fuk it lets do it in March ,oh I'll wait to after elections ..LOL now that's what u call ducking! LOL...

I can't wait 2 hear what the pac man nuthuggers will say! LOL...

I think I have to agree here. It does look like Pacquiao is ducking him....but if he says he will fight him later in the year Gayweather should still have no problem accepting the fight. In the mean time while Manny is trying to get elected Floyd can fight a Clottey or maybe even Mosley on May 1st.

I dont think Pacman is scared of Floyd....maybe he just feels that he cant try to get elected and focus on training for the biggest fight of his life at the same time. I think the fight will happen but not until later in the year.
Fitz
Everyone, stop being ridiculous. This is all posturing and cock teasing. It's a bit of foreplay, they don't want to just sign it just like that. They want people to beg for it. I can't believe how many people are being so ridiculous and naive about it. It's going to happen, so just take it easy for now.
Aware
On a serious note, Paquiao taking a beating from Mayweather ain't gonna look good for him politically. He might as well wait til after the elections so he has a chance to win at least one battle.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 2 2009, 08:02 PM) *

I could see NEITHER taking 50/50. Than it becomes, who gets the 60/40? Let's just hope it's not both running from the fight they need the most.

Too much posturing and dicking around here. That's one good point the old farts say when guys would fight within months of each other. Not wait for years to decide on who gets what.

Jack
torvix2000
Seriously, Pacquiao has been in deals where he and his opponent "didn't wanna fight" one another. But the fight happened.

People here are STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! Stupidier... more stupid... moron... supermoron... or NULL... nothing... for thinking that Pac's afraid of Gayweather.
DatuLakandula
LOL told yah someone will surely make this a topic.. im a both fan of manny and floyd.. c'mon guys, both had already agreed to fight so what are you retards are arguing about.. Let both fighter attend to whatever they need to finish, and in the end no one will make any excuses.. This thread was made by a floyd fan, no doubt about it.. But guys, lets just wait, with the amount of money at stake surely both camps are doing it for us fans.. so stop this ducking nonsense and lets wait.. In the first place both had agreed to fight so stop whining both of you.. 2010 will be the date.. peace ya'll..
leonthegee
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 3 2009, 02:25 AM) *
Seriously, Pacquiao has been in deals where he and his opponent "didn't wanna fight" one another. But the fight happened.

People here are STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! Stupidier... more stupid... moron... supermoron... or NULL... nothing... for thinking that Pac's afraid of Gayweather.

please dude if this were the mayweather side u would be having an orgazism. accourding to boxingscene.com this bitch manny is trying to price himself out. now he says he wants a 60/40 split. another lame duck excuse from a lame fuck. mayweathers too seasoned of a boxer and they know they cant win. everybody thought all the bs would come from the mayweather camp.
torvix2000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 3 2009, 01:18 PM) *
please dude if this were the mayweather side u would be having an orgazism. accourding to boxingscene.com this bitch manny is trying to price himself out. now he says he wants a 60/40 split. another lame duck excuse from a lame fuck. mayweathers too seasoned of a boxer and they know they cant win. everybody thought all the bs would come from the mayweather camp.

LOL! This bitch called the Pacman also tried to price himself out of the Hatton fight, remember?
DatuLakandula
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 3 2009, 01:52 AM) *
he has to fight one first. how do u become number 1 p4p without fighting any african american fighters? is that even possible.

aniher one of this shit again.. i really cant understand your point here my friend.. im both floyd and manny fan.. but your point is so bias.. In manny's resume, in lower weights no african american hold a world title so there is no point for manny to fight them (majority are mexicans).. most african american fighter are in higher divisions.. LOL yor pointing out that to be p4p manny should fight african american 1st??? where in the hell did you get your basis for p4p??? your too one sided my friend..
leonthegee
QUOTE (DatuLakandula @ Dec 3 2009, 04:24 AM) *
aniher one of this shit again.. i really cant understand your point here my friend.. im both floyd and manny fan.. but your point is so bias.. In manny's resume, in lower weights no african american hold a world title so there is no point for manny to fight them (majority are mexicans).. most african american fighter are in higher divisions.. LOL yor pointing out that to be p4p manny should fight african american 1st??? where in the hell did you get your basis for p4p??? your too one sided my friend..

zaheer rahim, timothy bradley, and nate cambell, hell casamoyor is cuban but hes dark as fuck so ima throw him in too. all those guys were in the same weightclass as manny and he passed on all of those guys to fight some easier fights. it's all documented i dont know how long uve been following the sport but real fans know whats going on.
DatuLakandula
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 3 2009, 08:18 AM) *

LOL hey man just take it easy.check your blood pressure 1st before posting a comment. sounds like you lost a lot of money betting against manny. post a more educated comment dude, you sounds like mayweather sr.
leonthegee
QUOTE (DatuLakandula @ Dec 3 2009, 04:32 AM) *
LOL hey man just take it easy.check your blood pressure 1st before posting a comment. sounds like you lost a lot of money betting against manny. post a more educated comment dude, you sounds like mayweather sr.

im over ur head bro dont fuck with me.
DatuLakandula
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 3 2009, 08:29 AM) *
zaheer rahim, timothy bradley, and nate cambell, hell casamoyor is cuban but hes dark as fuck so ima throw him in too. all those guys were in the same weightclass as manny and he passed on all of those guys to fight some easier fights. it's all documented i dont know how long uve been following the sport but real fans know whats going on.

LOL manny chose diaz because it was an easy fight o make since diaz was from TP. manny won his 1st world title fromLebwaba, thats a black fighter too.. Your just too bias in making comment. Hatton was the most marketable fighter in 140, and was undefeated in 140. is bradley and campbell in p4p list? And you call your self a real fan? shame on you, you cant even give credit to a fighter who won 7 divison wold titles. Maybe our areal fan, a real fan of floyd, thats what you are.
DatuLakandula
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 3 2009, 08:39 AM) *
im over ur head bro dont fuck with me.

i said take it easy. better call 911 bro. Or did you take your medicine? Your fucking yourself. Your comments and choice of words shows how uneducated you are.
leonthegee
QUOTE (DatuLakandula @ Dec 3 2009, 04:44 AM) *
i said take it easy. better call 911 bro. Or did you take your medicine? Your fucking yourself. Your comments and choice of words shows how uneducated you are.

uneducated with a masters in comm studies. please fool i dont have time to give u a boxing lesson right now brotha. some of us work for a living but ill see u around later. be easy.
DatuLakandula
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 3 2009, 08:46 AM) *
uneducated with a masters in comm studies. please fool i dont have time to give u a boxing lesson right now brotha. some of us work for a living but ill see u around later. be easy.

master in comm studies? wow is University of Sierra Leone offers that? Lol yeah maybe your parlor customers are already waiting for you. dont forget your medicine ok? and try to stop over to your nearest hospital to check your blood pressure.
MarzB
Was this racist bullschit University of Sierra Leone even necessary??

AS far as Manny and Black fighters goes, if the perception "is" that Floyd "ducked" fighters allegedly and fought for greener dollars and it's accepted, then the notion that Manny Pacquiao "ducking" Black fighters should also be accepted. I have huge issues with that Erik Morales/Pac rematch after Erik was totally outclassed by Zahir Raheem.

Also, "it could be said" that Tim Austin and Manny could have fought each other as Manny was one weight class above but I accept that at the time Manny wasn't as known. Again, I'm just saying.

I'll agree with Fitz that this is posturing on Manny's side.
D-MARV
Now Manny wants a 60-40 split after Roach said 50-50 gets the deal signed. My whole point of making this thread is to show everyone who is holding this fight up! Mayweather gets bashed for everything he does and I can go back point out everyone who slammed Floyd for demanding a 60-40 split... If this was Floyd holding out he would be getting crucified right now.

I'm confident that this fight gets made but it has to be known that Floyd said he'll fight anytime Pac is ready. Floyd was even willing to fight Pac in his return fight before he fought Marquez. Also, I read reports that stated that Floyd has indeed agreed to a 50-50 deal at the welterweight limit.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 3 2009, 10:27 AM) *
Now Manny wants a 60-40 split after Roach said 50-50 gets the deal signed. My whole point of making this thread is to show everyone who is holding this fight up! Mayweather gets bashed for everything he does and I can go back point out everyone who slammed Floyd for demanding a 60-40 split... If this was Floyd holding out he would be getting crucified right now.

I'm confident that this fight gets made but it has to be known that Floyd said he'll fight anytime Pac is ready. Floyd was even willing to fight Pac in his return fight before he fought Marquez. Also, I read reports that stated that Floyd has indeed agreed to a 50-50 deal at the welterweight limit.

Roach knows the truth and Pacman's zombisciples fear it. Can you smell it?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 2 2009, 11:18 PM) *
That said, Manny has said all along he's wanting to run for office set for May. ARUM is the one saying that they'll fight either March or May. Have we heard manny HIMSELF come out and say that he is fine with either March or May?

Ok, so once he's elected - what will be the next excuse for not taking the fight?

Is he a professional prize fighter or is he a politician?
Lil-lightsout
So fucking what if Manny does not want to fight Mayweather yet? Manny just came off a big fight and just maybe has other things he wants to do. Where does it say he must fight PBF in the 1st quater of 2010? I could have sworn Mayweather flat out refused to fight Shane this year. But now that Floyd wants Pac on HIS timetable, the PBF fans want to rip Pac right now if he does not take Mayweather up on his offer. I guess it's okay for ducking when it's your favorite fighter doing it? Sure I would like to see Pac and Floyd fight early next year too, BUT I ain't gonna be some hater if Pac does not take the fight yet. The world does not revolve around Floyd here guys. I am sure Manny is not scared of Mayweather either. Maybe he wants a little break from just coming off a hard training camp? How long has Floyd had time to rest? ALOT longer than Pac.

And so what if Pac wants to be a politician? He can not box forever and just maybe he is looking to his future after boxing. He also deeply cares about his country, so maybe he has dreams of helping in that aspect as much as he can as a politian someday?

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 3 2009, 11:20 AM) *
So fucking what if Manny does not want to fight Mayweather yet? Manny just came off a big fight and just maybe has other things he wants to do. Where does it say he must fight PBF in the 1st quater of 2010? I could have sworn Mayweather flat out refused to fight Shane this year. But now that Floyd wants Pac on HIS timetable, the PBF fans want to rip Pac right now if he does not take Mayweather up on his offer. I guess it's okay for ducking when it's your favorite fighter doing it? Sure I would like to see Pac and Floyd fight early next year too, BUT I ain't gonna be some hater if Pac does not take the fight yet. The world does not revolve around Floyd here guys. I am sure Manny is not scared of Mayweather either. Maybe he wants a little break from just coming off a hard training camp? How long has Floyd had time to rest? ALOT longer than Pac.

And so what if Pac wants to be a politician? He can not box forever and just maybe he is looking to his future after boxing. He also deeply cares about his country, so maybe he has dreams of helping in that aspect as much as he can as a politian someday?

Do I hear violins playing?
Spyder
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 3 2009, 12:52 AM) *

Manny has a profound hatred for Mexicans. This is a historical FACT.

He's proven that by destroying every mexican legend that he could get his hands on. The only reason that he hasn't gone after Chavez jr yet is because the Bobfather won't let him. Shit, he hates Mexicans so much that he went after a Puerto Rican just because Cotto speaks the same language.

He's been easy on the african americans for quite a while. I think it stems from when James Toney and him were being trained by Roach at the same time. The african americans and mexicans have a long lasting feud in the squared circle, and Manny probably just considers himself on the african american side because the philipines is closer to africa than it is to mexico.

I have a feeling that Floyd is starting to build Manny's hatred for african americans though...I don't know how much longer he'll let them off the hook.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Do I hear violins playing?

Exactly what would be an expected response for yourself. I guess it's good you keep it short, cause the more you would type just shows even more what a fool you are.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 11:39 AM) *
Ok, so once he's elected - what will be the next excuse for not taking the fight?

Is he a professional prize fighter or is he a politician?

So what's Floyd's take on not fighting Mosley?

Is Floyd a fighter or is he gonna retire again? Is Floyd a wrestler or fighter? Is Floyd going to ever fight a welterweight?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 3 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Exactly what would be an expected response for yourself. I guess it's good you keep it short, cause the more you would type just shows even more what a fool you are.

I guess you just don't realize how utterly stupid it all sounds.

Mayweather Pacquiao is an *80* million dollar fight.

Let me repeat that;

And Pacquaio wants to delay and possibly jepordize an *80* million dollar fight all because he wants to get elected to the Phillipino Congress?

Yeah, that certainly makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 3 2009, 12:09 PM) *
So what's Floyd's take on not fighting Mosley?

Is Floyd a fighter or is he gonna retire again? Is Floyd a wrestler or fighter? Is Floyd going to ever fight a welterweight?

What's Mosley got to do with a Floyd Manny fight and the *80* million dollars they stand to make?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 01:20 PM) *
I guess you just don't realize how utterly stupid it all sounds.

Let me repeat that;

And Pacquaio wants to delay and possibly jepordize an *80* million dollar fight all because he wants to get elected to the Phillipino Congress?

Yeah, that certainly makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.

Okay...I see your point about the money aspect, and something possibly could happen if it got delayed longer and the fight never comes off. I get it. But maybe money is not the only thing that motivates Pac? Maybe he just wants to take a breather and do his political thing? I really don't know. What bothers me is certain people already act as if Pac is ducking him and is scared of him because Mayweather gives him a date and it's like Pac is forced to fight him on Floyd's timetable. Maybe Manny wants a little longer to train for Mayweather's style? He does want to win the fight afterall, that seems more important to him in the long run. Sure financially speaking it does not seem to be a smart move to wait til a later date. Guess we will just wait and see what Pac decides to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.