Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carmen Bassillo - What an awesome fighter he was!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
BigG
Fellas I just got done watching some Carmen fights. He was so tough and slick. I never really knew about this guy asides from him upsetting Robinson but he was such an awesome fighter back in the day.
PR316
He was a tough SOB. Would give any great welterweight hell thats for sure.

When he fought at 160 against the likes of Robinson and Fullmer, those guys were just too strong and too big, even though Carmen got the decision in the 1st fight against Robinson.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 3 2009, 01:19 AM) *
Fellas I just got done watching some Carmen fights. He was so tough and slick. I never really knew about this guy asides from him upsetting Robinson but he was such an awesome fighter back in the day.

Yep..Basilio would be a beast today as well..He's also be champ..He knew how to become shorter than he actually was and be very effective by doing that..When punching so far down,you have to do some leaning which he made you pay for..

Basilio had a lot of great fights..Like you said BigG,he was slick..He was a lot harder to hit than people think..Basilio was highly skilled..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.