Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins Jones II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Hopkins says he wants Haye, and if I read his post fight interview correctly, he's still interested in the Jones rematch. Since Hopkins is obviously in the drivers seat now, he should make Jones come up to Heavyweight if he wants the fight. In this way, Hopkins can put on the weight and get in a tune up @ HW in preparation for the Haye fight.

Thoughts?
Snoop
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Hopkins says he wants Haye, and if I read his post fight interview correctly, he's still interested in the Jones rematch. Since Hopkins is obviously in the drivers seat now, he should make Jones come up to Heavyweight if he wants the fight. In this way, Hopkins can put on the weight and get in a tune up @ HW in preparation for the Haye fight.

Thoughts?

Good idea for Hopkins. There's really not point for him to stay below HW if he plans to be champ in 2010. But at this point I could really care less about the specifics of the Jones/Hopkins let alone the fight itself.
Maxy
Holds about as much interest for me as Tyson-Holyfield III or De La Hoya-Hatton for that matter.

None.
Big Slim Sweet
Yeah, I'm thinking the Hopkins-Jones rematch is done.

Hopkins needs to either fight Dawson or move to heavy.
salvador
It's hard for me to imagine that anyone thinks there's even an outside chance that Jones will be getting back in the ring again. Even he has to know he's completely shot.

I'd love to see Hopkins fight Haye or Dawson and then retire.
Box in Hand
I for one would like to see the rematch. I watched the fight and think it was an early stoppage on the refs part. I also noticed Hopkins is getting hit a lot more than he used to. He was open for the over hand right all night last night.

Let em fight. I think Jones takes it by SD.
KookedKrack
bad.gif
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 3 2009, 02:04 PM) *
Let em fight. I think Jones takes it by SD.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Jones has nothing left.

Hopkins criminally assults Jones...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 03:38 PM) *

Jones has nothing left.

Long time no talk to ass brain. I think he has something left and would actually watch the fight.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 03:38 PM) *

Jones has nothing left.

Why even listen to what you have to say with that "Gay to the Max" Sig of yours. How'd you get it, did you lose that bet or are you truly homo? Either way, your word means junk.
STEVENSKI
Hopkins is truly a pathetic specimin. It makes me laugh how desperate he is to fight Jones no matter how badly he has lost.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 3 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Why even listen to what you have to say with that "Gay to the Max" Sig of yours. How'd you get it, did you lose that bet or are you truly homo? Either way, your word means junk.

Fair enough.

Put your sig where your mouth is.

If this fight gets made, do we have a sig bet?

Time to separate the Men from the little girls...
Fitz
Why doesn't Hopkins just fight Danny Green? Hopkins was saying before the fight that "who is Danny Green", to be a legend you must beat a legend and he hasn't beaten anyone. He also said to make him impressed, Green can't just win a decision, he must win by a stoppage. Jones got stopped in the first round.
This fight makes sense to me, because if Hopkins is trying to move up to heavyweight, why not fight Green for the IBO title at cruiser? He is one step closer to heavyweight and he puts weight on slowly rather than jump 2 divisions.
leonthegee
who cares manny is bitching up and u guys really want to sit hear and talk about hopkins/jones 2. U GUYS ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 04:48 PM) *
Fair enough.

Put your sig where your mouth is.

If this fight gets made, do we have a sig bet?

Time to separate the Men from the little girls...

LOL, sure. I'll make sure you get another set of flower boys for your sig.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 3 2009, 05:31 PM) *
LOL, sure. I'll make sure you get another set of flower boys for your sig.

Ha ha, very funny.

Just make sure you show your ugly mug around here if/when this fight gets made...
rusty_trombone
Why would anyone care about the Hopkins/Jones fight now? Jones is obviously done, his career ended in tragically bad fashion. Hopkins would probably fuck him up bad at this point, it's pretty obvious.
darroy
let's all hope that for roy's sake this fight with hopkins doesn't happen! i've been a roy fan for almost 20 years but the guy is done! as a competitor b hop shouldn't want this fight either unless he just wants the possible payday. but then again there has to be fan interest to generate a significant payday anyway. oh well how about danny green/tomasz adamek at cruiser? that'd be very fun to watch!!!
TrueBoxingFan
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 3 2009, 05:38 PM) *
Hopkins is truly a pathetic specimin. It makes me laugh how desperate he is to fight Jones no matter how badly he has lost.

First thing. Bernard was still standing when they stoped the fight! Way early! watching it and looking at Jones blocking most of Greens punches! No damage done. Roy was staring to land his jab all day! Hopkins vs Jones should still happen! I would love to see who would when at this point in their careers. Jones has been busy and he made Jeff Lacy look like a amatuer!
BigG
Hopkins PLEASE fight Chad Dawson
Col Reb
If BHOP is going to fight at heavy, James Toney would be a good first fight. Either that or Adamek.
darroy
QUOTE (TrueBoxingFan @ Dec 3 2009, 09:26 PM) *
First thing. Bernard was still standing when they stoped the fight! Way early! watching it and looking at Jones blocking most of Greens punches! No damage done. Roy was staring to land his jab all day! Hopkins vs Jones should still happen! I would love to see who would when at this point in their careers. Jones has been busy and he made Jeff Lacy look like a amatuer!

jones made lacy look like an amateur because that's almost what jeff lacy is! he's slow and has absolutely no skill set whatsoever. i mean come on jeff lacy seems to refuse to even try ducking or blocking punches half the time! roy is done my friend! DONE!!!!!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (TrueBoxingFan @ Dec 3 2009, 08:26 PM) *

Thank you sir. I agree.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 06:36 PM) *
Ha ha, very funny.

Just make sure you show your ugly mug around here if/when this fight gets made...

I'll be here sir.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (TrueBoxingFan @ Dec 3 2009, 10:26 PM) *

Either you are being sarcastic, you are drunk, or you are simply fantasizing. RJJ's head is a cracked egg shell. Sure he was blocking most of Green's punches after the Aussie knocked him into fruit loop land. But more and more were getting through and Jones only bothered to throw one half-hearted punch. Jones is done. His jaw is shattered glass. If you would look forward to seeing RJJ fight Hopkins, you must enjoy watching retired couples slow dance and you have way too much time on your hands.
alaganza
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Dec 3 2009, 01:27 PM) *

Thoughts?

Did anyone ever think that Roy would ever be considered a tune up for any fighter? Wow!!!

QUOTE (TrueBoxingFan @ Dec 3 2009, 09:26 PM) *

I agree he was blocking most of the shots. But those uppercuts were getting through. Roy looked like he was in survival mode. Personally, I am getting tired of seeing him getting taken to the woodshed on a consistent basis.

A fight between Hops and Roy is way past due. It should have happened years ago. Considering Roy's performances over the last couple of years this fight is pointless. It's a personal vendetta for Hops.

I said this about the Roy and Tito fight and I will apply it to this fight: If these 2 guys fought in my front yard I would close the blinds and call the cops.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (alaganza @ Dec 3 2009, 09:48 PM) *
I said this about the Roy and Tito fight and I will apply it to this fight: If these 2 guys fought in my front yard I would close the blinds and call the cops.

I remember that quote.

lol...
Fitz
Yeah, that line was a good one.
Warlord
Why not just face Toney at Heavyweight instead? That's a fight that actually makes sense for the following reasons:

1.) Both men are closer to their primes than Jones.
2.) It is a fight many purists have been looking for for a long time.
3.) The trash talking would be legendary
4.) It would be a good test for Hopkins to find out where he actually might fit in on the heavyweight scene.
Nay_Sayer
The Toney fight makes more sense as far as a competitive boxing match is concerned.

That said, I recall some years ago a quote from Hopkins where he says that he has an "itch" for Roy Jones jr. In my mind, I believe that Hopkins is obsessed with the idea of shutting Jones' mouth and avenging that loss.

As shot as Jones is, he will always have that W he can hold over Bernard's head. Obviously, that doesn't sit well with Hopkins...
streetlion1
I wanna see Hopkins-Dawson but its pretty clear that wont happen...so let B-Hop retire Roy and then if he is gonna go to heavyweight....dont fight Haye....fight Toney!!

He should end his career with wins over 2 legends he doesnt own wins over. Nothing is gained by fighting David Gaye!!
Method
Roy was staring to land his jab all day!

Jesus that has to be the funniest shit I have read in the history of this site. What fucking 122 seconds of the fight were YOU watching? Since when is "ALL DAY" measured in the span of 122 seconds. Green threw damn near one punch and put Roy on his ass. Roy threw a few range finder jabs, but to ZERO effectiveeness. Green just stalked./walked him down, and BAM!, in the words of Thunderlips, "Lights out, Meatball!"

Where you came up w "Roy was starting to land his jab all day", could now be classified as the 8th Wonder of the World".

Roy fucked up. He should've taken the Hopkins fight FIRST. No reason he should have fucked around w Green. Take all the momentum you garnered w your nut huggers for beating Lacy and roll right to Hopkins.

Bernard should fight Toney, Dawson, and then Haye. He needs to target someone other than Haye right now, as he's gonnna have to get in line since Haye has Ruiz and then a Klitchko on tap.

I would love to see Hopkins/Toney. Give it a 24/7 too, because the shit talking for this one would L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y.

Hopkins boxes circles around Toney. All day long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.