Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd-Pac Fight,...will it be war..?..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
We know Pacquiao's style of fighting... and we know Floyd's...

If Mayweather win by split decision because of his "hit and run and run and run tactics"...will you call it the greatest fight of the year..?..

Or...will you be a happy boxing fan if Floyd refuse to engage Pacquiao..?...
HaydelHammer
what I want to see.

floyd get hurt..possibly knocked down or something..pac get hurt ..etc a complete war.

what will happen

floyd by UD in a snoozer to most but I enjoy his master boxing actually.

D-MARV
All this shit about Floyd running is crazy! If Floyd decides to play chase me then he will lose a wide decision. Floyd will open more than ever in this fight. Against Marquez, Floyd was in there with a natural counter puncher which caused that fight to turn out the way it did. Manny will put pressure on Floyd like never before. In other words... He will bring out the best in Floyd. Floyd will get hit and he'll respond. I NEVER saw a fight where Floyd was hit clean and decided to run. Every time Floyd has been hit clean or even hurt he fought back. The Corely fight turned out to be a very entertaining fight because Corely was able to connect on some big shots and Floyd knew that he had to fight back in order to win. Same with Judah... Judah won some early rounds because Floyd thought he can sit back and counter all night. After he realized that he was in there with a Fighter that had pretty good boxing skils, good hand speed, and a little pop, Floyd decided to become the agressor and ultimately beat Judah down. Even in the De la hoya fight when Oscar won some early rounds you will start to notice that Floyd picked up the intensity. In Round 5 Floyd became the aggressor and beat Oscar up a bit. Till this day I believe that Floyd carried Oscar a little bit but I guess thats not a valid arguement.

MAnny will certainly apply pressure on Floyd the whole time. I expect Manny to win some early rounds and I predict a legit knockdown from Manny. By the early-mid rounds you will start to see Floyd open up. (That's the Only way I see Floyd winning the fight) Manny will continue to apply pressure until he walks into a counter that will change everything. I see Manny badly hurt and the ref saving him from any further punishment. THIS WILL BE A GREAT FIGHT! That I KNOW FOR A FACT.

Box in Hand
Mayweather's style does not lend itself to a war. Only Mosely can put that kind of pressure on and that fight ain't happening. If May wins which he should, he will retire with millions in the bank. He will declare "I'm P4P again, what more do I have to prove"?
Lil-lightsout
Very doubtful it will be a war. And it would be stupid for Floyd to fight Manny's fight, though he might be forced to a few times during the fight. Though I favor Floyd to outbox Manny and figure him out and control Manny, I certainly would not discount a Pacman win by stoppage. The facts are Manny is a lefty who is super fast and CAN hurt you. Floyd is gonna get hit, lets see how he takes them. The last time Floyd faced this type of pressure was from Castillo, minus the handspeed. I think the key is for Floyd to let his hands go more often then usual and make Manny think twice before opening up with his shots. The only concern I have for Floyd is basically is how he handles Pac's punches, if he handles them fine, then Pac is gonna get a boxing lesson.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 4 2009, 12:49 PM) *
Very doubtful it will be a war. And it would be stupid for Floyd to fight Manny's fight, though he might be forced to a few times during the fight. Though I favor Floyd to outbox Manny and figure him out and control Manny, I certainly would not discount a Pacman win by stoppage. The facts are Manny is a lefty who is super fast and CAN hurt you. Floyd is gonna get hit, lets see how he takes them. The last time Floyd faced this type of pressure was from Castillo, minus the handspeed. I think the key is for Floyd to let his hands go more often then usual and make Manny think twice before opening up with his shots. The only concern I have for Floyd is basically is how he handles Pac's punches, if he handles them fine, then Pac is gonna get a boxing lesson.

You have to remember, Pac is not a one punch knock out guy. He is death by a thousand blows. May should be able to handle him.
MarzB
All this shit about Floyd running is crazy!

Thank you.. It's useless IMO debating this. Some people think that boxing should be a pier six brawl of excessive trading and some don't.
provo
Pac will bring out the best in Floyd ,and that will cause Floyd to be more offensive and that's bad news for Pac ,floyd is so accurate with his shots ..pac throws the same 3 punches ,Right right and a left that comes from his waist line floyds stance is wide he don't stand upright like a lot of fighters Pac will come into Floyds zone and Floyd will counter All day ! Floyd wins this by stoppage ! Floyd came back for Pac that is the main reason he fought JMM...
Pac Man Game Over!
KookedKrack
Floyd usually stays in the pocket......but there have been times where he was hauling ass like the baldomir fight
torvix2000
Floyd isn't good at running when fighting a quick opponent. Floyd must put pressure on him.

A lot of things that make Floyd what he is won't work against Pacquiao. He has to do what Marquez and Morales did. Punch punch punch... and then punch more... targetting Pacquiao's head. Pacquiao's there to be hit. And Floyd must be prepared to get hit because Marquez and Morales while giving boxing clinic to Pacquiao were ready to be hit and their chins are tested.
Keith
It wont be a war, but Manny doesnt take no for an answer. If Floyd lets Manny crowd him like Hatton did then Floyds going to get hit.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2009, 11:21 AM) *
You have to remember, Pac is not a one punch knock out guy. He is death by a thousand blows. May should be able to handle him.

He knocked Hatton out cold with one shot. Pacquiao has tremendous speed with dynamite in his fists. Pac is very athletic and has very good footwork and he takes a good shot. Plus he's a lefty who's style is kind of awkward as he's able to throw punches at crazy different angles. If Pac can hurt PBF early and make him really feel his punches, I can see this fight going Pacs way with his usual domination. Pacman can get in with big shots and out with that good footwork, but he will have to watch the counters as he's hittable coming in with that head. IMO if PBF can avoid the big shots and the punches he doesnt see he will be able to be his normal self. There is noway PBF can win this fight without it not being exciting. He will have to take some chances sometime. PBF is nothing like Pac has fought before as he's a defensive minded wizard with speed. PBF can win this fight with that style. I see this fight being a aggressive chess match instead of a war until someone gets stopped. I'll take Pac by way of.
torvix2000
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Dec 5 2009, 02:15 AM) *
Plus he's a lefty who's style is kind of awkward as he's able to throw punches at crazy different angles.

Yeah! People don't realize that Floyd positions his head on angles which his opponents are not comfortable punching. But against Pacquiao, there's no such angle. Floyd's gonna have to fight this time. Or run.

Pacquiao, at the very least, wins SD. I take him by KO4.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 4 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Yeah! People don't realize that Floyd positions his head on angles which his opponents are not comfortable punching. But against Pacquiao, there's no such angle. Floyd's gonna have to fight this time. Or run.

Pacquiao, at the very least, wins SD. I take him by KO4.

glare.gif

He will barely hit him let alone ko him...
Jack 1000
Floyd tried a war against Castillo the first time. And to the eyes of many, he lost. He doesn't like to get hit and won't engage. He will win in a fight just a little more competitive than Mayweather-Marquez, but the result will be the same. Floyd by boring and safety-first UD around 117-111 and 116-112. (twice) Never in my life would I like to be more wrong and see Floyd KTFO, or even lose. (Almost even if he gets robbed because I hate him so much.)

I can't get away from the size difference, and could see them hush hush over the weight and Floyd actually coming in around 150lb so he gets a natural weight advantage. Poor Manny is gonna look like a midget in there. A powerful midget, but Floyd will make sure he has too much of a weight advantage so that Manny's punches, while they might be effective in spots, but won't seriously hurt him. And Floyd has feasted seven years of his boxing life fighting smaller guys, so barring a war and maybe a 40% chance of Manny beating Floyd by keeping the fight on the inside, Floyd won't let that happen.

Jack
torvix2000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 5 2009, 02:58 AM) *
I can't get away from the size difference, and could see them hush hush over the weight and Floyd actually coming in around 150lb so he gets a natural weight advantage. Poor Manny is gonna look like a midget in there.

Floyd asking for a 154-lb fight when he weighed in at 146 last time around. LOL!
D-MARV
ESPN repoted that Floyd agreed to 147. So that Myth has been DEBUNKED!
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 4 2009, 07:37 PM) *
ESPN repoted that Floyd agreed to 147. So that Myth has been DEBUNKED!

Floyd suppossed asking of a 154lbs limit was probably his way of getting a few more million. But he's probably serious about the 10oz. gloves though.
Mean Mister Mustard
I haven't seen Mayweather run against too many southpaws before. When he fought Corley, Mitchell and Judah he fought in the poclet coming foward. He might switch tactics and use more mobility against Pacquiao depending on what he sees in there. Honestly, the only way I see Mayweather running is for preservation. In other words if he is hurt coming in and realizes he cannot pressure Pacquiao like he did with other southpaws.

One of the reasons I give Pacquiao a shot here is not only because of his incredible handspeed and power, as well as his improved defense and will to win but also because he's become a hell of a counterpuncher. If Mayweather comes in guns blazing he could get caught. Then again, if he fights more defensively it gives Pacquiao the chance to throw flashy flurries that don't land but impress the judges.

alaganza
First, I seriously doubt this fight comes anywhere close to living up to the hype. I really don't think there will be much excitement in it at all. You have one guy coming to fight and thats about it.

Second, as much as I like Pac (and that's because he brings it every fight) he can be outboxed fairly easily by an accomplished boxer. Aside from PBF being an obnoxious, self centered, jerk. He is one of the most gifted boxers the sport has seen in the last 20 years or so. I believe Floyd will outpoint Pac fairly easy in this fight and then cry at the end when they announce him the winner.

Footnote: He will most likely talk about how no one believed in him in this fight and he is the greatest fighter ever and this fight proves it. Not necessarily in those words but you get the idea.
Byrd Man
I wonder about that busted ear drum though. Is that gonna be a problem? and has there been any verification that there IS a busted eardrum? I can't imagine that if he had a busted eardrum in the Cotto fight, that the Nevada commission would allow him to fight again in 4 months would they? Wouldn't think that'd be time enough to fully heal and properly train for a fight of this magnitude.

Wondering if maybe THE Pacquiao really and truly suffered a busted eardrum, or if that was immediately put out there to hopefully get Floyd to sign thinking that Manny would be ripe for the picking.

Jack 1000
QUOTE (alaganza @ Dec 4 2009, 10:24 PM) *
First, I seriously doubt this fight comes anywhere close to living up to the hype. I really don't think there will be much excitement in it at all. You have one guy coming to fight and thats about it.

Second, as much as I like Pac (and that's because he brings it every fight) he can be outboxed fairly easily by an accomplished boxer. Aside from PBF being an obnoxious, self centered, jerk. He is one of the most gifted boxers the sport has seen in the last 20 years or so. I believe Floyd will outpoint Pac fairly easy in this fight and then cry at the end when they announce him the winner.

Footnote: He will most likely talk about how no one believed in him in this fight and he is the greatest fighter ever and this fight proves it. Not necessarily in those words but you get the idea.

I agree.

Jack
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 4 2009, 06:56 AM) *
All this shit about Floyd running is crazy! If Floyd decides to play chase me then he will lose a wide decision. Floyd will open more than ever in this fight. Against Marquez, Floyd was in there with a natural counter puncher which caused that fight to turn out the way it did. Manny will put pressure on Floyd like never before. In other words... He will bring out the best in Floyd. Floyd will get hit and he'll respond. I NEVER saw a fight where Floyd was hit clean and decided to run. Every time Floyd has been hit clean or even hurt he fought back. The Corely fight turned out to be a very entertaining fight because Corely was able to connect on some big shots and Floyd knew that he had to fight back in order to win. Same with Judah... Judah won some early rounds because Floyd thought he can sit back and counter all night. After he realized that he was in there with a Fighter that had pretty good boxing skils, good hand speed, and a little pop, Floyd decided to become the agressor and ultimately beat Judah down. Even in the De la hoya fight when Oscar won some early rounds you will start to notice that Floyd picked up the intensity. In Round 5 Floyd became the aggressor and beat Oscar up a bit. Till this day I believe that Floyd carried Oscar a little bit but I guess thats not a valid arguement.

MAnny will certainly apply pressure on Floyd the whole time. I expect Manny to win some early rounds and I predict a legit knockdown from Manny. By the early-mid rounds you will start to see Floyd open up. (That's the Only way I see Floyd winning the fight) Manny will continue to apply pressure until he walks into a counter that will change everything. I see Manny badly hurt and the ref saving him from any further punishment. THIS WILL BE A GREAT FIGHT! That I KNOW FOR A FACT.

Thanks "StyleZ"...very well said,...I think you are correct and...If your right, i think its going to be "WAR"...and probably one of the greatest fight...
alaganza
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 4 2009, 12:56 PM) *
All this sh* about Floyd running is crazy! If Floyd decides to play chase me then he will lose a wide decision. Floyd will open more than ever in this fight. Against Marquez, Floyd was in there with a natural counter puncher which caused that fight to turn out the way it did. Manny will put pressure on Floyd like never before. In other words... He will bring out the best in Floyd. Floyd will get hit and he'll respond. I NEVER saw a fight where Floyd was hit clean and decided to run. Every time Floyd has been hit clean or even hurt he fought back. The Corely fight turned out to be a very entertaining fight because Corely was able to connect on some big shots and Floyd knew that he had to fight back in order to win. Same with Judah... Judah won some early rounds because Floyd thought he can sit back and counter all night. After he realized that he was in there with a Fighter that had pretty good boxing skils, good hand speed, and a little pop, Floyd decided to become the agressor and ultimately beat Judah down. Even in the De la hoya fight when Oscar won some early rounds you will start to notice that Floyd picked up the intensity. In Round 5 Floyd became the aggressor and beat Oscar up a bit. Till this day I believe that Floyd carried Oscar a little bit but I guess thats not a valid arguement.

StyleZ, I have to respectfully disagree.

Floyd stood and fought Corley because everyone knows Corley is a light puncher. Yeah he was in there with marquez. and FLoyd was about 300 lbs over the limit and he stood in front of a guy he knew couldn't hurt him. Oscar could hurt Floyd but he couldn't catch him. Why? Because he didn't stand and fight. He boxed/ran. (there is a fine line between the two)
That said, he will still be bigger than Pac but the difference is he knows pac can pop. No way he stands and makes this exciting. He will pot shot and run. This is just my opinion. Hopefully I am wrong because a fight of this magnitude will bring a lot of visibility to the sport.

That said, he will still be bigger than Pac but the difference is he knows pac can pop. No way he stands
DatuLakandula
this fight will be a chess match.. Manny will be the aggressor and floyd, as usual in his defensive style.. But this time its different, Manny has a tremendous stamina that can launch a hundred punches per round, this is the difference between the castillo fight.. In the castillo fight, in the early rounds castillo connect more because he has still stamina.. floyd style is to exhaust his opponent and attack on the later round.. floyd will jab more to keep manny at bay, but with manny's ability to cut the distance in a weird fashion he will surely caught up with floyd.. a UD or a tko win for manny.. but it will surely a war..
torvix2000
QUOTE (alaganza @ Dec 5 2009, 05:24 AM) *

Floyd stood and fought Corley because everyone knows Corley is a light puncher. Yeah he was in there with marquez. and FLoyd was about 300 lbs over the limit and he stood in front of a guy he knew couldn't hurt him. Oscar could hurt Floyd but he couldn't catch him. Why? Because he didn't stand and fight. He boxed/ran. (there is a fine line between the two)
That said, he will still be bigger than Pac but the difference is he knows pac can pop. No way he stands and makes this exciting. He will pot shot and run. This is just my opinion. Hopefully I am wrong because a fight of this magnitude will bring a lot of visibility to the sport.

That said, he will still be bigger than Pac but the difference is he knows pac can pop. No way he stands

Nope. He got buzzed. And he still fought it out. Even against Judah. He couldn't run because of Judah's speed.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Have to side with those who think this will be boring. PBF is just too an accomplished a defensive fighter to let Manny get close.

With all due respect Smarty I don't see how PBF has been setting him up for years coz frankly I don't think most of us even considerd Manny being competitive anywhere north of 140 pounds. He simply hasn't been on Floyd's radar. I still can't even believe Manny is in a position to take this fight, I seriously thought the guy would be sitting around 135 pounds and fighting all the dangerous guys at that weight. The fact that he has won some significant fighst at 140/147 pounds in the manner that he has is unbeleivable.

Shoot I don't think I even want to see this fight. I would much rather see Floyd against Mosley or Williams, 2 guys I actually give a chance to winning.

Manny's style is all wrong for this fight, this will be the easiest money of Floyd's career cause despite his win over Cotto I still don't think Manny will be big enough to give Floyd any problems.

Floyd will get no credit from me until he decides to actually fight a fully fledged legitimate WW.

This fight is all about the money and I guess that's fair enough for both guys to get a monster payday but unfortunately it won't go down as a great spectacle for boxing, so let's get it over and done with so Manny can go off and become President of the Phillipnes and PBF may may have to end up fighting a true WW.

King Eugene
I dont give a shit what anybody says. This fight is going to be competitive! Manny's will to win will make it entertaining. He comes to fight in every fight. Now the outcome is questionable but Manny wont fight no where near the way Marquez did. Hell if Manny and Marquez fought for the third time Manny would smoke his ass! Hell Marquez is like a dog chasing a car. Once he finally catches his ass he wont know what to do with him.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (DatuLakandula @ Dec 4 2009, 11:37 PM) *
this fight will be a chess match.. Manny will be the aggressor and floyd, as usual in his defensive style.. But this time its different, Manny has a tremendous stamina that can launch a hundred punches per round, this is the difference between the castillo fight.. In the castillo fight, in the early rounds castillo connect more because he has still stamina.. floyd style is to exhaust his opponent and attack on the later round.. floyd will jab more to keep manny at bay, but with manny's ability to cut the distance in a weird fashion he will surely caught up with floyd.. a UD or a tko win for manny.. but it will surely a war..

I think there's a contradiction here. The first sentence says chess match, but the last says a war. But maybe we might see a mix of both styles.

Jack
AussieLad
Manny cant come in with a one dimensional pressure game plan, and expect to get away with the win. He needs to switch things up now and then. Come on strong early, even though thats what everyone usually does. Mayweather is a slow starter, and will expect it. He will do what he usually does, move and counter, low volume while he lets his opponent waste shots. Manny is a fast starter, and will probably win the bulk of the early rounds based on activity and aggression. I think its at this point pac should back right off and make floyd come forward. It will take him out of his comfort zone, and manny has developed some nice counters of his own. With his speed he may just be able to counter floyd coming in like zab did. Once floyd has gotten used to coming forward and has commited himself, then launch the blitzkrieg assault.

He really needs to keep floyd guessing if he is going to win

D-MARV
I really can't get over the fact that people think Floyd will run. He'll give Manny some movement but Floyd is NOT going to run. Did Hopkins run from Pavlik? No, he gave Pavlik movement to keep him off balance. Floyd will spend a lot of time in the pocket with his shell defense and likely pick Manny off evrytime Pacquiao attacks.

Also for the people that say Mayweather "ran" from Oscar... you need to go back and watch that fight. Floyd spent most of that fight in the pocket. "Running" is what Cotto did in the last 5 rounds of the Pacquiao fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 07:11 AM) *
I really can't get over the fact that people think Floyd will run. He'll give Manny some movement but Floyd is NOT going to run. Did Hopkins run from Pavlik? No, he gave Pavlik movement to keep him off balance. Floyd will spend a lot of time in the pocket with his shell defense and likely pick Manny off evrytime Pacquiao attacks.

Also for the people that say Mayweather "ran" from Oscar... you need to go back and watch that fight. Floyd spent most of that fight in the pocket. "Running" is what Cotto did in the last 5 rounds of the Pacquiao fight.

'Running' and 'engaging' are two very different things.

Please don't compare Mayweather to Hopkins, that is an insult to Bernard.

Yes yes Bernard has some losses and Mayweather is undefeated blah blah blah, but just look who Bernard has chosen to fight since he was PAST 40 compared to the piss drinking midgets and B level journeymen that PBF has chosen to engage in the PRIME of his career and really it starts looking kinda pathetic.
Keith
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 5 2009, 05:59 AM) *
I dont give a shit what anybody says. This fight is going to be competitive! Manny's will to win will make it entertaining. He comes to fight in every fight. Now the outcome is questionable but Manny wont fight no where near the way Marquez did. Hell if Manny and Marquez fought for the third time Manny would smoke his ass! Hell Marquez is like a dog chasing a car. Once he finally catches his ass he wont know what to do with him.

Agree. Manny does not take no for an answer. He does not tire, he is not easily hurt, and he has the foot speed and movement to effectively chase Floyd around the ring. Manny's like a pitbull.... Floyd's going to have to beat Manny off of him to win.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 07:11 AM) *

Pavlik is alot less dynamic than Pac will be. I think that Floyd will look slow against the voliyile mix that is Manny Pacquiao. I'm going with Freddie Roach's prediction. I think Manny will be too fast and more powerful than Mayweather expects. The last 3 guys that Pac fought all thought they had the remedy to beat him. They were all very good fighters, but when they got in the square circle, they were overwhelmed. The way he beat Cotto, who I thought was pretty damn good, convinces me that Manny is the best fighter we've seen since Ali or he's doping...
D-MARV
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 5 2009, 07:20 AM) *
'Running' and 'engaging' are two very different things.

Please don't compare Mayweather to Hopkins, that is an insult to Bernard.

Yes yes Bernard has some losses and Mayweather is undefeated blah blah blah, but just look who Bernard has chosen to fight since he was PAST 40 compared to the piss drinking midgets and B level journeymen that PBF has chosen to engage in the PRIME of his career and really it starts looking kinda pathetic.

laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 5 2009, 10:31 AM) *
Pavlik is alot less dynamic than Pac will be. I think that Floyd will look slow against the voliyile mix that is Manny Pacquiao. I'm going with Freddie Roach's prediction. I think Manny will be too fast and more powerful than Mayweather expects. The last 3 guys that Pac fought all thought they had the remedy to beat him. They were all very good fighters, but when they got in the square circle, they were overwhelmed. The way he beat Cotto, who I thought was pretty damn good, convinces me that Manny is the best fighter we've seen since Ali or he's doping...

Really? PAcquiao better than Duran? You gotta be fucking kidding me... It's comments like that, that makes me wanna see Mayweather win this fight. Im sure if Mayweather wins you will ank him top 10 ATG?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 10:41 AM) *
PBF retired after the Hatton fight in 2007 in order to wait for the perfect prey. When the DLH v Pacman fight was made in mid 2008 he found the perfect victim. I believe he has been angling for this payday for two years. At that time I agree that he may not have had his eye on Pac, but he most certainly has since the DLH v Pac fight was announced. He announced his comeback against the man that could be considered Pacman's nemesis before the Pac v Hatton fight. He knew that fight was a foregone conclusion. He also planned on fighting whoever won the Pacman v Cotto fight, although he knew it would most likely be Manny, because either would be a huge payday and in his calculations not too dangerous.

I agree with you that a PBF v Williams fight would be more interesting, but I disagree about Mosley. I do think that the winner of the PBF v Pacman fight should fight the winner of Mosley v Berto. But I think Pacman will retire if by outside chance he were to pull off the victory and PBF will do whatever PBF feels like doing if he wins. If, heaven forbid for your home's sake, PBF loses, I think he will fight the winner of Berto v Mosley.

Correct. Perfect prey=very beatable opponent for the most money and least risk. Yes this is Floyd's MO alright.
torvix2000
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 07:28 PM) *
Really? Pacquiao better than Duran? You gotta be fucking kidding me... It's comments like that, that makes me wanna see Mayweather win this fight. Im sure if Mayweather wins you will rank him top 10 ATG?

LOL! You've always wanted to see Mayweather win!
D-MARV
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 5 2009, 07:46 PM) *

If you were to ask me a year ago... I would be for Pacquiao ALL the WAY!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 02:28 PM) *
Really? PAcquiao better than Duran? You gotta be fucking kidding me... It's comments like that, that makes me wanna see Mayweather win this fight. Im sure if Mayweather wins you will ank him top 10 ATG?

Why would I? Pac makes a great case for being better than Duran. I loved Duran, but he wasnt moving up in weight destroying guys like Pac is. PAC has hopped up several weight classes and beaten very good to great champs in those classes. Duran moved up past his original weight and has 1 great victory over SRL. His next biggest was Iran Barkley. If he lost to Leonard the 1st time, Duran wouldnt be nearly as well known. great fighter, sure, but he would be Carlos Monzon without Leonard. You wont get near as much pushback if you rank Pac higher than Carlos Monzon...
Pac already has great notoriety. is a great fighter and is about to whoop the SRL of this generation... After which he will be a world recognized ICON. he will be the Ali of this era.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 10:52 PM) *
PBF is a bridge too far for Pacman.

Pac is gonna wage WAR on Mayweather. Mayweather has never been in a war before (other than his first Castillo fight, u can make a case for that), on the other hand Pac is war tested, battling it out with morales in their first and second fights as well as marquez in their first two fights. Even in his last fight whcih he dominated, Pac did take a few good lickings by Cotto especially in the first half of the bout. Mayweather is going to be tested like he's never been tested before, and we'll see how he'll handle that pressure
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 11:28 PM) *
I do not disagree with you. But Pac is going to be tested like he never has before also. Mayweather knows what he is up against and is coming for war. Pac WILL force him to open up and that will be the undoing of Manny.

But I could be wrong. Afterall, I had Williams by TKO in 9 or less tonight. For a minute there I thought I picked it just about on the button. Oops.

PBF by TKO in 6 or less.

Mayweather couldn't take out Baldomir, Judah or the fat and slow Marquez, he's NOT taking out Pac, it'll be decision. By thinking Mayweather could WIN BY TKO OF ALL THINGS versus MANNY PACQUIAO IN 6 rounds...u might as well compare Pac to Gatti or Sharmba Mitchell, hell Henry Brusselles outlasted 6 rounds with Mayweather. Let's be real here, the fight will go the distance and whether it goes Mayweather or Manny's way it will be close decision
gbh32001
I think Manny will play mind games in the opening stanza.(Which everyone he fought, think they are smarter than Manny)
Both men will do a counter puncher mode to begin the round. If Manny is succesful, he will bring it until the 6th round before pressuring Floyd to the second half.If he can't counter Floyd with the left straight he will pressure Floyd early on.
To sum it up, this will not live up to the hype but still a very good fight that both boxer even in winning and losing will not lower their stocks.
RiverSide
Ok, I just have a simple but serious question for everyone that I would like answered.

What do you guys call running?

Because FMJ doesnt do what I consider running. He looks to outbox people rather then slug it out, he looks to win decisions rather then KOs, he only throws one or two punches at a time, he does everything he can to not get hit, is this what you guys call running?

Can someone point out to me what exactly is running and in which fights did he do it?

Thanks.
kingknockout
QUOTE (alaganza @ Dec 5 2009, 12:24 AM) *

because, because, because, that's all the fuck im hearing, THE POINT IS HE STILL STOOD RIGHT IN THERE WITH THEM RIGHT? fuck a because, if he stood there with them, he stood there with them...stop using the excuses.
kingknockout
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 5 2009, 07:46 PM) *

lol and you always wants to see him lose so what's the point?
kingknockout
QUOTE (RiverSide @ Dec 6 2009, 01:56 PM) *
Ok, I just have a simple but serious question for everyone that I would like answered.

What do you guys call running?

Because FMJ doesnt do what I consider running. He looks to outbox people rather then slug it out, he looks to win decisions rather then KOs, he only throws one or two punches at a time, he does everything he can to not get hit, is this what you guys call running?

Can someone point out to me what exactly is running and in which fights did he do it?

Thanks.

when cotto fought margarito, and then fought pac, and he was in there dancing like a back up for usher...that IS RUNNING, i NEVER seen floyd move like cotto did...and spare me the awwww he was badly hurt shit, or you would do the same shit...HE WAS ON THAT BIKE, floyd never moved like that.

the name of the game is to hit and not get hit, hell Ali avoided pressure, Sweet pea avoided pressure, and you can say they still brawled from time to time, but they AVOIDED more than they got DIRTY...right or wrong? and floyd has went there with ppl, you might say "but who?" "he aint fight no body deserving" listen fool, it doesn't matter, HE STILL WENT THERE TOE TO TOE with ppl, regardless of who it was.

everytime you answer a bitch ass question someone throws out about mayweather of who did he fight? or who did he stand toe to toe against? or who didnt he run from? it always have to boil down to 'A SOMEBODY" in the sport, every fighter you get in there with counts for something, they may not be better than X, Y, and Z but they still count, that win at the end of the match against angel man freddy, still counted, that win over Chop Chop still counted, that judah win STILL counted..

ppl always gotta shot out names....like everybody tyson fought was a "SOMEBODY" or like every single person that stepped in the ring with sugar ray leonard was a "Somebody" fuck outta here.
caneman
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 02:28 PM) *

Pacman might not be a Duran but he is cut from that more than PBoiF ever will! Hell, they are alot closer as far metal than PBoiF! PBoiF couldn't even squeeze a pimple on SRL's ass as far as metal & truly trying to prove he is the best!

And personally, PBoiF could beat Pacman & still has work to do to be top 20 ATG...even if his skills could be/are top 6-8 but he will never prove that shit! I dunno, I guess I am just a retard & excuse me everyone for being so!
alaganza
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 6 2009, 02:11 PM) *
because, because, because, that's all the f* im hearing, THE POINT IS HE STILL STOOD RIGHT IN THERE WITH THEM RIGHT? f* a because, if he stood there with them, he stood there with them...stop using the excuses.

Not making excuses. sorry you see it that way. Maybe a better approach is this: What has Floyd done to make anyone believe this will be a brawl? Especially lately. It takes two to tango.

I stand firm in believing this will not come close to living up to these lofty expectations. Only one guy is coming to fight in this one. I could be wrong. I hope that I am wrong. However, I do not think in this case I am.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.