Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac's sparring partners for PBF?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mexi-cutioner
OK, so now that the confirmation of the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is just around the corner, I was wondering who Roach is bringing in to prepare for what is believed to be the biggest fight in years. Roach announced in a few articles that Amir Khan will be Pac's main sparring partner. Pac will benefit from Khan's quick handspeed and Khan's reach advantage but other than that, he and Floyd are completely different fighters.

If you were Freddie Roach, who would u bring in to prepare Pac for Mayweather?
salvador
Spinks if he can get him.
Snoop
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 4 2009, 07:35 PM) *
Spinks if he can get him.

I doubt they could afford him. Isn't he a titleholder or something?

I dunno why, but I think Kendall Holt would make decent sparring for Manny.
Lil-lightsout
Ricky Hatton. laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 4 2009, 01:30 PM) *
OK, so now that the confirmation of the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is just around the corner, I was wondering who Roach is bringing in to prepare for what is believed to be the biggest fight in years. Roach announced in a few articles that Amir Khan will be Pac's main sparring partner. Pac will benefit from Khan's quick handspeed and Khan's reach advantage but other than that, he and Floyd are completely different fighters.

If you were Freddie Roach, who would u bring in to prepare Pac for Mayweather?

The only one would be the James Toney from the middleweight days. He's the only one other than May who perfected that Philly Shell.
The CEO
"Pac's sparring partners for PBF?, who should we use to prepare?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's great...

Let me put it like this...and I hope you don't think I'm bein' a dick...

It doesn't matter. He can't and won't beat Mayweather...

So I wouldn't get too hyped about this fight if I were you, mexi-cutioner...for I am now 95% sure Lil' Floyd is gonna make Manny look bad in this one...
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 4 2009, 03:09 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's great...

So I wouldn't get too hyped about this fight if I were you, mexi-cutioner...for I am now 95% sure Lil' Floyd is gonna make Manny look bad in this one...

smile_anim.gif

Floyd will hit him with the straight right hand at will by the 8th round Manny fans are going to want to riot in anger.
Col Reb
Why is Manny taking this fight so soon? He needs to let his eardrum heal.
Lil-lightsout
Anybody ever see Uncle Jeff and Roger after getting hit with good shots? Not a good look. Sure Floyd is better than them both, but I just do not see PBF having a great beard. Floyd has been buzzed/hurt before. It will be interesting to me atleast how he handles a few good shots from Pac. Not saying Pac is the biggest puncher, but he is fast and sharp and has hurt many fighters with his shots. I still favor Floyd to outbox him, but Floyd better not overlook Pac's power.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Dec 4 2009, 12:30 PM) *
Why is Manny taking this fight so soon? He needs to let his eardrum heal.

because Manny is a badasss platinum singing, stolen cigarette selling, award winning acting, pound for pound boxing politican.....

I was thinking Steve Forbes and Zab Judah wouild be adequate sparring partners, both fighters fight using the Philly Shell and are fairly quick, especially Zab except he's a southpaw..
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 4 2009, 12:09 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's great...

O my bad i meant to write "who should HE use to prepare", i guess i've been spending too much time on the Pacland forum
salvador
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 4 2009, 03:36 PM) *
I doubt they could afford him. Isn't he a titleholder or something?

I have no idea how much Spinks has made in his career, but I doubt he's anywhere near rich enough to retire for the rest of his life. And I don't see any big money fights for him on the horizon. And I feel sure that Pac would feel good about spending a couple hundred thousand dollars to have the very best sparring possible for a $30MM fight.

That said, Pac has absolutely no chance no matter who he spars with.

HaydelHammer
there isn't a sparring partner alive that can help manny.

once it goes live and he see's how elusive and on the fly floyd adjusts to damn near just about anything....all he can do is just press press press and see where that gets him.

probably get him countered and KO'd.

The CEO
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 4 2009, 03:15 PM) *
smile_anim.gif

Floyd will hit him with the straight right hand at will by the 8th round Manny fans are going to want to riot in anger.

No doubt....

Right hands, laser jabs...high AND low....perfect body work....THIS is the matchup Mayweather's been waiting for...

The Boxing Community will be turned on its ear after this one...lol...it's gonna be ugly.

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 4 2009, 03:41 PM) *
O my bad i meant to write "who should HE use to prepare", i guess i've been spending too much time on the Pacland forum

laugh.gif

Y'all Pacquiacs are too much...you're like one, giant family.
darroy
it won't happen but maybe paulie malinaggi. he's quick, he'll make pac think and work to get to him, roughly about the same size as floyd though not as strong. still could be good training to prep for floyd, but based on paulie's comments on pac i doubt that invite will be in the mail anytime soon! maybe timothy bradley also. neither guy floyd or pac will find sparring that will be a carbon copy of what they'll face against each other, so its' all about good quality sparring in the gym.
torvix2000
WHO SHOULD MAYWEATHER USE AS HIS SPARRING PARTNER?

Gayweather can shoulder roll and rope-a-dope because he knows that moving his body parts he can position his head in angles on which his opponents are not comfortable punching. Against Pacquiao, he'd find out the real meaning of "I COULDN'T SEE THE PUNCHES COMING!".

Mean Mister Mustard
Joan Guzman. He should have lost the Funeka fight but that was more from teh fact that he coulnd't efectively hit the tall guy. His defense is still better than average and looks a lot like Mayweather's. Of course it is not the same, Mayweather uses way better and quicker but it is the best he will find.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 4 2009, 10:59 PM) *
Joan Guzman. He should have lost the Funeka fight but that was more from teh fact that he coulnd't efectively hit the tall guy. His defense is still better than average and looks a lot like Mayweather's. Of course it is not the same, Mayweather uses way better and quicker but it is the best he will find.

Good call... I was thinking Guzman and Forbes. Im sure Forbes would jump at the opportunity.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 4 2009, 11:07 PM) *
Good call... I was thinking Guzman and Forbes. Im sure Forbes would jump at the opportunity.

Yeah maybe Forbes is more affordable. Plus Guzman was cut pretty bad in the Funeka fight. Still, he would have been a great choice.
D-MARV
Or he can call those guys Marquez sparred with... LOL
alaganza
QUOTE (darroy @ Dec 4 2009, 09:18 PM) *
it won't happen but maybe paulie malinaggi. he's quick, he'll make pac think and work to get to him, roughly about the same size as floyd though not as strong. still could be good training to prep for floyd, but based on paulie's comments on pac i doubt that invite will be in the mail anytime soon! maybe timothy bradley also. neither guy floyd or pac will find sparring that will be a carbon copy of what they'll face against each other, so its' all about good quality sparring in the gym.

This is the first fighter that came to my mind. I also agree with Forbes. Not sure if anyone can truly help but these two should be able to close the gap a little.
mexi-cutioner
PRINCE NASEEM
mexi-cutioner
but on a serious note, Roach has mentioned that Amir Khan will be Pac's MAIN sparring partner. Khan's quicnkess and long reach will benefit Pac in sparrring
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 5 2009, 04:40 AM) *
but on a serious note, Roach has mentioned that Amir Khan will be Pac's MAIN sparring partner. Khan's quicnkess and long reach will benefit Pac in sparrring

I know it's inviting ridicule but I I think Khan will be about the best Manny can get. No-one can replicate Floyd's speed and defensive slkills as it will also be difficult for PBF to find a quick southpaw like Manny, his closest experience being hs fight with Judah.

Anyways both these guys careers are so advanced that I wonder how much can be acheived in sparring other than ironing out the kinks and getting each guy prepared mentally and physically.

Floyd is Floyd and Manny is Manny, which in this fight is good news for Floyd and bad news for Manny. LOL

mexi-cutioner
I don't understand the doubt surrounding Manny in this fight. Floyd is unreal, he truly is one of the greatest boxers of this generation and his talent is admirable. But Manny will give him a TOUGH FIGHT, let's face it, i'm not gonna say Floyd is gonna win or Manny is going to win, but it'll be competitive and I think depending on how each fighter can adapt it can go either way. C'mon, Manny is three times the fighter of Castillo in his prime, and Castillo gave Mayweather a handful of problems. Hatton and Judah showed that Mayweather can get rocked, only trouble is those fighters threw 1-2 punches at a time whereas Manny throws in dozens. Not everything is as seems, By the sounds of it, you ppl are expecting Mayweather to cruise to a wide UD like he did vs marquez or baldomir IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 5 2009, 05:35 AM) *
I don't understand the doubt surrounding Manny in this fight. Floyd is unreal, he truly is one of the greatest boxers of this generation and his talent is admirable. But Manny will give him a TOUGH FIGHT, let's face it, i'm not gonna say Floyd is gonna win or Manny is going to win, but it'll be competitive and I think depending on how each fighter can adapt it can go either way. C'mon, Manny is three times the fighter of Castillo in his prime, and Castillo gave Mayweather a handful of problems. Hatton and Judah showed that Mayweather can get rocked, only trouble is those fighters threw 1-2 punches at a time whereas Manny throws in dozens. Not everything is as seems, By the sounds of it, you ppl are expecting Mayweather to cruise to a wide UD like he did vs marquez or baldomir IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN

I'll admit it if this is anything other than a reasonably comfortable UD for Floyd I will be shocked. I'm thinking of laying the house on this one.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 08:51 AM) *
Ollie, we've had our differences, and I know you think I'm "nuts" for picking PBF by TKO in 6 or less, but do me a favor and reassure me that you are not actually "thinking of laying the house on this one."

The reason I pick Floyd the way I do is because of how dangerous Pacman has become. Money will take him out out of necessity, which means it could conceivably go the other way.

Dude I'm laying the house on a straight Money win. To try and make this fight sound competitive is lame. Floyd by wide UD and my house gets that conservatory it deserves. LOL

I just can't see PBF having ANY problems in this one.
torvix2000
LOL! Somebody's about to go homeless.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 5 2009, 09:00 AM) *
I just can't see PBF having ANY problems in this one.

So there is no way Pac could hit him with a solid shot and hurt him? I mean I too think mayweather should be able to outbox him and win. But damn Pac has been hurting guys with his speed and power, and when was the last time Floyd fought a tough buzzsaw like Manny? I just would not be as crazy confident as you are.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 5 2009, 11:45 PM) *
No. Somebodies run is about to end, and it's going to be Pacquiao's and yourself.

Wishful thinking. Dream Fitz, dream... zzz...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 5 2009, 09:28 AM) *
LOL! Somebody's about to go homeless.

No my house is about to get that conservatory it deserves. Sheesh. And somebody's going to get a very fucked up sig for a month aren't they Cervix?
torvix2000
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 6 2009, 12:44 AM) *
No my house is about to get that conservatory it deserves. Sheesh. And somebody's going to get a very fucked up sig for a month aren't they Cervix?

I sense Fitz's fear...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 5 2009, 07:48 PM) *
I sense Fitz's fear...

Fitz is gonna fuck you up bad. LOL
torvix2000
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Dec 6 2009, 12:49 AM) *
Fitz is gonna fuck you up bad. LOL

He better be!!! LOL! So embarrassing for him to get a gay KLITZ sig. Wahahahaha!!!!
mexi-cutioner
If Roach can't bring in Guzman or Forbes or even Judah, IMO he should bring in some strong welterweights with a hard, consistent jab and guys who have an effective straight right punch. Also some counter punchers. Other than Khan, I see Roach bringing back Halloway and Porter. He's gotta get rid of Antillon, Serrano and Rodela, those guys do nothing for preparing Pac
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 6 2009, 12:37 AM) *
If Roach can't bring in Guzman or Forbes or even Judah, IMO he should bring in some strong welterweights with a hard, consistent jab and guys who have an effective straight right punch. Also some counter punchers. Other than Khan, I see Roach bringing back Halloway and Porter. He's gotta get rid of Antillon, Serrano and Rodela, those guys do nothing for preparing Pac

I just do not agree with the Judah part. He is a lefty and I just do not see the point, rarely does Floyd ever turn southpaw. Also earlier someone mentioning Spinks who is another lefty, just makes no sense to me.
D-MARV
Agreed. He needds to call Forbes.

He should just go to some of those gyms in Michigan. I went to a golden glove tournament in Ohio and their were a lot of Mayweather wannabes from Michigan.
gbh32001
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 5 2009, 04:09 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's great...

LOL!Don't ever ever put Pacquiao a single percent chance of winning cause if you do, he will ruin your days from the day you give him a hole. Believe it 100%.
torvix2000
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Dec 6 2009, 12:11 PM) *
LOL!Don't ever ever put Pacquiao a single percent chance of winning cause if you do, he will ruin your days from the day you give him a hole. Believe it 100%.

Yeah. CEO gave Pac 5% chance of "winning". Problem is, Pacquiao has a 99.99% of getting that 5%.
neophyte7
In watching that clip sequence of Pac moving against Cotto-- he is wide open for the PBF counter left and right upper cut all day. Two punches that PBF counters very well with... Pac is going to get stopped and I guarantee after some hard counter shots from Mayweather that aggression will slow down considerably and PBF will box circles around him en route to a TKO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.