Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PACMAN VS MONEY MAY AT 147
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Hittman25
mannny is one of the greatest boxers and he has proved it, floyd is a defensive puzzle never gets hit and has won championships but lacks a fight that is legendary and this fight who ever wins will be aclaimed the best ever.....but is floyd just too good for manny or can manny beat unbeaten
provo
Floyd wins this,yes Pac will pressure him like everyone else does! Roach is 0 and 1 vs floyd already ,he's about to be 0 and 2 .put pressure and attack Floyds defense is to good.pac has NO jab at all IMO you need a solid Jab to contain Floyd .
leonthegee
no way manny gets passed floyds jab.
caneman
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 4 2009, 07:41 PM) *
Floyd wins this,yes Pac will pressure him like everyone else does! Roach is 0 and 1 vs floyd already ,he's about to be 0 and 2 .put pressure and attack Floyds defense is to good.pac has NO jab at all IMO you need a solid Jab to contain Floyd .

PBoiF will prolly win but no jab? Damn, when are you having PBoiF's baby? Or will you just shit out his condom? OMG!
caneman
For the record, 147 will give PBoiF an advantage but Pacman won't cry about it!!! Win or lose he will bring it...I think PBoiF wins 115-113 but I am hoping Pacman finds a way to destroy that asshole! I still think PBoiF runs for 6-7 rounds!
AussieLad
At least pac doesnt have as much to worry about in terms of power. And floyd, even if he hurts manny, has no real killer instinct.

I'm more concerned about whether manny is fully healed enough to begin preparations.

I guess he will benefit conditioning wise, given that he fought so recently. Something to build on.

I just hope he can find some lightning fast sparring partners, and put them all including floyd in hospital
provo
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 4 2009, 03:52 PM) *
PBoiF will prolly win but no jab? Damn, when are you having PBoiF's baby? Or will you just shit out his condom? OMG!

Pacs Jab is weak! All he does is Jump around and Leap into punches ,swings with his eyes closed and head down.
Ca'mon your really going 2 tell me Pac has a Solid Jab???
Oscar did good when he used his Jab against Floyd ! Pac won't be able too ,that's what I was talking about ! Roach's gameplan won't work again! This Time Roach's gameplan will probably be to try and hit Floyds left should Pac leaves himself open and has Never Faced anyone as fast as Floyd ! And will get Countered all night!
caneman
Who has PBoiF faced as fast as Pacman? We'll see if what you say matters much bro! Pacman's jab will do the job, his power shots is what will win or lose the fight & I already said PBoiF would win 115-113 in a track meet but I hope PBoiF breaks his hand & gets beat like a $2 hoe! He wanted to play the bad guy & since legacy don't pay bills...str8 up fuck that cunt & again I would love to say it to face!
torvix2000
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 5 2009, 01:16 AM) *
I'm more concerned about whether Manny is fully healed enough to begin preparations.

Yeah. Pac's gonna get hit again by sparmates... on the ears. I wonder whether his injury will not have a relapse before the fight.
provo
LOL! So Floyd beating Pac aint good For his Legacy??, aint they calling Pac one of the greatest of all time????
Who in boxing Right now is bigger than Pac ???? Shane??? FuK NO! Paul will??? Nope, who??? Pac is the biggest name in Boxing!
D-MARV
One thing you have to learn Provo... Many consider Manny one of the all time greats (I do as well). But the minute Floyd has his hand raised, Manny will become just another blown up lightweight who Floyd was suppose to beat.
Keith
Manny forces the issue in this fight. I think he was fairly cautious the first half of the Cotto fight. Floyd typically starts slow. My first thought is Manny jumps him in the first round and he wins if he can take Floyds punch. When Floyd runs he will look very bad in this fight because people (including judges) love seeing Manny attack.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 4 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Many consider Manny one of the all time greats (I do as well). But the minute Floyd has his hand raised, Manny will become just another blown up lightweight who Floyd was suppose to beat.

The only people who wouldnt give Floyd the credit if he wins are just the people who really dont know shit. In my book PBF get major props and all the credit in the world if he beats Pac because Pac is an all time great and a machine. I love this fight so much because its a historic fight and it will go down in history because who ever wins is truly this generations best fighter.
torvix2000
How about both Pac and Floyd fight at 146? Gosh, why is Floyd asking for a 154 fight?
provo
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 4 2009, 07:07 PM) *
How about both Pac and Floyd fight at 146? Gosh, why is Floyd asking for a 154 fight?

If Floyd is asking for 154 I think its a smart decision cause Pacs camp will throw 147 out there ,IMO that's what Floyd wants ,now if Floyd asked for 147 Pacs camp might ask for a catch weight like they been doing!
But then again I thought Bob Arum said that they agreed to a welterweight fight!
So is Roach being full of shit and just saying this or What?
Mean Mister Mustard
The thing that interests me is that all the Mayweather fans are saying Mayweather is too big for Pacquiao so will they still give their man credit or will the size excuse go out the window?

provo
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 4 2009, 05:10 PM) *
One thing you have to learn Provo... Many consider Manny one of the all time greats (I do as well). But the minute Floyd has his hand raised, Manny will become just another blown up lightweight who Floyd was suppose to beat.

Oh I know that ,im looking forward to the excuses already LOL , but if for some reason Pac was able to beat Floyd everyone would say Pac is the G.O.A.T!
Especially the Floyd Haters ! LOL
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 4 2009, 07:58 PM) *
I will give Mayweather all the credit if he beats Pacquiao, and I am picking Mayweather to win. That said, I don't want to see all the Mayweather fanboys act like he has shut up all his critics and basically give him a pass. Because a fighter should make several good fights and wins, not just the one. This is a step in the right direction for Mayweather, but don't act like there is nothing else to prove when he wins.

I agree with everything, except i'll take Pac.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 4 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Oh I know that ,im looking forward to the excuses already LOL , but if for some reason Pac was able to beat Floyd everyone would say Pac is the G.O.A.T!
Especially the Floyd Haters ! LOL

One thing that catches my attention is when people say Pacquiao or Mayweather are overrated because they have both either avoided or beaten suspect opposition but then go ahead and claim these guys are the best in the world.
provo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 4 2009, 07:58 PM) *
I will give Mayweather all the credit if he beats Pacquiao, and I am picking Mayweather to win. That said, I don't want to see all the Mayweather fanboys act like he has shut up all his critics and basically give him a pass. Because a fighter should make several good fights and wins, not just the one. This is a step in the right direction for Mayweather, but don't act like there is nothing else to prove when he wins.

So Fitz after the Pac fight ,who would u like to see Floyd fight?
I think after this he'll fight one more or maybe twice and call quits again!
caneman
PBoiF will never fight again if he wins!
gbh32001
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 5 2009, 11:58 AM) *
No matter how you slice it Fitz, Floyd's still a legitimate welterweight and Manny is a blown out WW. Manny fairly good with those B+,A- opponent but in this case he is fighting a bigger, skillfull defensive boxer.
I don't see him winning any single round if Floyd will run through the course, that being said it will be a 12 round one sided of boring fight. Manny can win via lucky punch but that is rare as the blue moon. Floyd is right when he says people made good image of Pacman and build him just like Manny can defeat him, there in for awakening if Floyd will just simply outbox Manny in one two run combination. Floyd should fight Mosley next then retire and he can boast his 0 record till his grave unless someone will come along and knock him silly in the first half like what happene to RJJ.
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 4 2009, 11:11 PM) *

That's what I'm afriad of.
tymoney
I think Floyd wins a easy decision.. Pacman have a punchers chance b/c of his power.. but the chances of him landing is VERY slim. I think its time to kill the logic about manny being the smaller fighter. We been saying that shit his last 4 fights and it hasnt made a bit of damn difference yet.. so when Floyd wins I dnt wanna hear you Floyd haters saying the bullshit about Floyd is bigger blah blah blah.. skills wins this fight.. and I love pacman.. but skills wise I dont see him being a problem for Floyd!
gbh32001
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 5 2009, 12:03 PM) *
One thing that catches my attention is when people say Pacquiao or Mayweather are overrated because they have both either avoided or beaten suspect opposition but then go ahead and claim these guys are the best in the world.
Those are their few critics, in any way both fans of Floyd and manny idolized their gods.
provo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 4 2009, 08:13 PM) *
There are guys like Mosley, Berto, Clottey. Hang around and defend your title against the top guys in your division. In the past, Hatton, Marquez, Mitchell and Judah were not the top guys at 147, hell most of them weren't even legit 147 fighters.

I would like to see him take Pacs welterweight Title then fight the winner of the Berto and Shane fight ! Then he'll have 3 welterweights titles then retire! If he did that he would be the Welterweight king!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 4 2009, 08:10 PM) *

But that's because Manny is a blown up lighweight that Floyd is supposed to beat. You can't seriously tell me Manny is a legit WW like Mosley or Williams?

Both guys are all time greats but I really don't believe they are ins the same natural weight class. Manny will have to manipulate his weight to get this fight done and although he looked incredible against Cotto it will play a really big part against a master craftsman like Floyd.

It would be like putting a prime Roid in against a prime Tyson, I don't care how fucking skillful Roid is he would always come off worse against the bigger guy.
D-MARV
Manny Pacquiao has signed a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in boxing's biggest fight on March 13, a source with knowledge of the meeting told ESPN.com on Friday night.

Arum and Pacquiao met for two hours Friday to discuss the proposed deal, according to Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz, who told the Associated Press that "Manny has some additional requirements, requests, which Arum didn't think was a problem. The requests of Manny were so realistic that Arum doesn't feel it's a problem and it's pretty much a done deal."

Later Friday it became a done deal, at least on the Pacquiao side, when he signed the paperwork, the source said.

Mayweather had previously agreed to terms with Golden Boy Promotions, his promoter for the HBO PPV fight, but it was unclear if he had signed a contract.

The source also disclosed other aspects of the fight, which will take place at the welterweight limit of 147 pounds for Pacquiao's title and match the top two fighters in the world, pound-for-pound.

The camps agreed to a 50-50 split of the money, which could be gargantuan. Many experts expect the fight to eclipse the all-time pay-per-view record for sales, which is the 2.44 million buys generated by Mayweather's 2007 victory against Oscar De La Hoya.

Both fighters will wear 8-ounce gloves but each fighter will be allowed to select the brand of gloves he will wear for the fight.

For promotional purposes, the bout will be referred to as Mayweather-Pacquiao, but Top Rank will receive first billing over Golden Boy throughout the promotion.

However, instead of a full-scale media tour, there will only be a single press conference in New York during the second week of January. With the schedule compressed because of the March 13 date for the fight, rather than May 1, which the promoters and HBO PPV preferred, it didn't leave time for a lengthy media tour.

The fight is going to take place March 13 because Pacquiao is running for a congressional seat in the Philippines and the elections are in May, which would have been a conflict between his training and the campaign.

Pacquiao will spend the first half of his training camp in Baguio in the Philippines, where he also trained for the first part of his camp in preparation for his 12th-round knockout victory against Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14. For the final few weeks of his training, Pacquiao and trainer Freddie Roach will relocate to Roach's Wild Card gym in Hollywood, Calif.

The site of the bout has not been finalized. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has expressed interest in bringing the fight to his new stadium as have representatives from the Superdome in New Orleans. Also in the mix is the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, which has hosted several Pacquiao and Mayweather bouts. Arum has also received a proposal for a 30,000-seat temporary stadium on the Las Vegas Strip across from the Wynn resort.

Fair fight!
Keith

Like Stylz, I also agree with you here. It would be a gosh darn shame if Floyd never gets in the ring with Shane or PWill.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 09:30 AM) *
What I love about PBF is what most people hate about him; he does what he wants when he wants to do it. Almost every other fighter in history has done what they were told to do and as a result they end up getting used up. I do not disagree with the arguments that he has not fought enough quality welters. I do not disagree with the criticism that he is an arrogant showboat. But here is a news flash for everyone; Money is not concerned with what we think. He is living the dream his way and we are all frustrated that he won't do it our way. As a result, even a majority of those who believe he will defeat Pacman would like to see Manny turn the Pretty Boy's dream into a nightmare. And most of those who are picking Pacman (IMO including the little Roach) fear, and loathe, PBF deep down inside while putting on macho airs.

Only Pacman truly believes that he can pull this off. You gotta love that little badger.

After this fight, if he indeed wins, PBF will do what PBF chooses. The majority will say he beat up on a smaller man. They will say he has not proven a thing. I agree with you that he should fight the winner of Berto v Mosley. But none of that matters to Floyd. It is HIS dream, and I respect that.

Well we're fight fans...Right? I would like to see good fights. I could care less about his dream and care even less about discussing it.

How do you know only Pacman believes he can pull this off? He completely destroyed a belt holding welter. Call Cotto diminished, call him drained at 145, call him whatever you want... but he still got absolutely destroyed in a way that I dont think Floyd could pull off. Its a 50/50 imo.
The Original MrFactor

Exactly... You've been spot on this whole thread.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 11:11 AM) *
Yes, we are fight fans. PBF is a FIGHTER. We sit on our fat behinds watching the fighters put it all on the line. And because we pay to watch we think the fighters owe us something. They do not owe us a Fing thing. We have a choice; to watch or not to watch, to pay or not to pay. You could care less about any fighter. All you want is "to see good fights." I respect PBF because he could care less about what YOU (or I) would like. And I respect Pacman because he is a warrior who obviously cares for his country and his people.

You and everybody else (including the little Roach) can say it is 50/50 or that Manny is going to take him out, but the vast majority are thinking wishfully and detect the truth deep inside.

Ok dude. You seem like a reasonably intelligent person and I have no problem with you.... but dont ever tell me you think you know what I'm thinking deep inside. Thats just disrespecful. And it sounds homo.

Can I get a Mod to ban the phrase "deep inside". No guy should ever have to read that phrase written to them by another guy. I dont ever want to read that shit on here again.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 11:11 AM) *
Yes, we are fight fans. PBF is a FIGHTER. We sit on our fat behinds watching the fighters put it all on the line. And because we pay to watch we think the fighters owe us something. They do not owe us a Fing thing. We have a choice; to watch or not to watch, to pay or not to pay. You could care less about any fighter. All you want is "to see good fights." I respect PBF because he could care less about what YOU (or I) would like. And I respect Pacman because he is a warrior who obviously cares for his country and his people.

You and everybody else (including the little Roach) can say it is 50/50 or that Manny is going to take him out, but the vast majority are thinking wishfully and detect the truth deep inside.

Let me tell you what I know. I've seen Pac destroy Cotto. I've seen Cotto beat Mosley and Clottey. I've seen Mosley destroy Margarito and beat Collazo. I've seen PWill damn near ducked out out of the division. I've havent seen Floyd beat ANY of those fighters let alone destroy them. To be honest, I dont know shit about Floyd because he hasnt done anything at welter that anyone else hasnt plus more. He beat Judah who was beaten by Baldomir, and worse by KT and Cotto. He beat Hatton who was beaten worse by Pac, and DLH who was beaten twice by Mosley and worse by Pac. So I dont know shit about Floyd. I think 50/50 is about right.
JLUVBABY
both of you guys actually make a good point... i mean what we have to remember on these boards is most of the things we talk about is opinionated... some in our own heads are opinionated facts but opinions none the less... the only facts that we discuss are of things that has happened in the past such as tyson ko 1 spinks etc... views on fights that never happened can only be viewed as opinions thus really isnt worth the arguments in my mind... but im enjoying you two going back and fourth... lol... and yes i have to kind of agree "deep inside" doesnt sound to good keith...lol....
Spyder
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 5 2009, 11:46 AM) *
Ok dude. You seem like a reasonably intelligent person and I have no problem with you.... but dont ever tell me you think you know what I'm thinking deep inside. Thats just disrespecful. And it sounds homo.

Can I get a Mod to ban the phrase "deep inside". No guy should ever have to read that phrase written to them by another guy. I dont ever want to read that shit on here again.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
I'm a little surprised that they agreed to a 50-50 split. Then again they'll be making more than they ever have so why not? I'm guessing Mayweather will use Grant gloves and Pacquiao will use Reyes.

By the way, anyone know why Mayweather stopped using Winning gloves? I know he used them to protect his hands but why the switch to Grant? Are they his sponsor now?
D-MARV
If Floyd beats Pacquiao and never fights again he will leave sour tastes in a lot of people's mouths. I want to see him fight PWill.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 11:37 AM) *
If Floyd beats Pacquiao and never fights again he will leave sour tastes in a lot of people's mouths. I want to see him fight PWill.

Yea, I would be disappointed to if Floyd didnt fight on. If he were to beat Pac, I would love to see Floyd take on Shane then, P. Will and then destroy Pavlik for the Middleweight title. That would give Floyd immortality in the boxing world. And damn would he make a shit load of money.
Snoop
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Dec 5 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Yea, I would be disappointed to if Floyd didnt fight on. If he were to beat Pac, I would love to see Floyd take on Shane then, P. Will and then destroy Pavlik for the Middleweight title. That would give Floyd immortality in the boxing world. And damn would he make a shit load of money.

I can see Mayweather taking the money and running. He's never seemed interested in legacy, but paying the bills. Why would he start now?
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 5 2009, 11:52 AM) *
I can see Mayweather taking the money and running. He's never seemed interested in legacy, but paying the bills. Why would he start now?

Well, Floyd has always been about the money. The only fights out there for him that makes him good money besides a Pac or Hatton rematch is a fight against Shane, then P.Will and then Pavlik if he's still champ. Thats money and legacy all in three fights.
Snoop
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 5 2009, 06:47 PM) *
I'm a little surprised that they agreed to a 50-50 split. Then again they'll be making more than they ever have so why not? I'm guessing Mayweather will use Grant gloves and Pacquiao will use Reyes.

By the way, anyone know why Mayweather stopped using Winning gloves? I know he used them to protect his hands but why the switch to Grant? Are they his sponsor now?

At the end of the day, all that purse split negotiating was just to gain mental leverage. After they both passed each others' shit test, they just go down and signed the contract since they both know this is more money they'll ever make for one fight.

I too thought May would be using Winning gloves again. Who knows. Maybe he has plans to trade more with Pac?
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 03:21 PM) *
I understand your rationalization for calling it 50/50. I felt the same way before the Marquez cat and mouse fight. I knew PBF would win but I thought Marquez had a chance to make it interesting because of Floyd's inactivity. I was wrong.

Cotto was damaged merchandise and Pac's victory was a foregone conclusion. DLH was drained and done before the fight. Hatton had his jaw cracked by PBF.

Floyd retired to wait for a foe like Pacman. It will be a great fight in my opinion. I believe that it could be along the lines of Hagler v Hearns. Not the styles, the action, and I said along the lines.

Cotto exposed significant weaknesses in Pac's attack. Manny does not have the time to correct those weaknesses.

Most of those who will pick Pacman in this fight follow him religiously. They have blind faith in him. But even those with blind faith can't help taking a peak at reality.

PBF by TKO in 6 or less.

You'd have to be blind not to see that he's beaten the piss out of just about everybody he's faced in the last 4-5 years.

And I certainly dont follow him religiously as evidenced by my sig. That wasnt my choosing, I lost a bet cause I picked Cotto.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 05:16 PM) *
I was certainly not accusing you of being one of the religious followers of THE ALMIGHTY PACQUIOU.

But, you and almost everyone else has a mental block about how long ago Pac v Marquez II was- one year and 9 months ago. IMO Marquez defeated Pacman that night. Most people act like that was a decade ago. They say that Pac is a different fighter now and Marquez would not stand a chance. Maybe, but I doubt it.

I would love to see Marquez v Cotto.

Whether you felt like Marquez won the rematch or not it was hard not to notice that Marquez got dropped, got wobbled and left the arena with his face all mangled up. What I'm trying to say is that even in close fights Pacquiao will still inflict damage on his opponent and while he may not land as much as he usually does should he fight PBF, he will still put up aheck of a fight and not make things easy for Mayweather.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 4 2009, 10:58 PM) *

Spot on.

QUOTE (Snoop @ Dec 5 2009, 02:52 PM) *

If he gets offered $25 million to fight Mosley, $25 million pays a lot of fucking bills.
provo
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 01:16 PM) *
They say that Pac is a different fighter now and Marquez would not stand a chance. Maybe, but I doubt it.

I would love to see Marquez v Cotto.

That's cause Pac is on HGH LOL.watch the fight against JMM pac was SMALL , if at that time anyone would have brought up Pac vs Cotto ,people would have responded with ,"your stupid Pac is to small for Cotto,Pac was bigger than Cotto fight night!

JMM vs Cotto would be pretty good though ,id take JMM to outbox him ,cotto is easy to hit and slow and flat footed !
provo
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Dec 5 2009, 01:45 PM) *
Spot on.

If he gets offered $25 million to fight Mosley, $25 million pays a lot of fucking bills.

That would get him in the ring with Shane LOL , that's a lot of money ! I think he beats Pac fights Shane and beats him and becomes the Welterweight King then he'll retire ! And the shit talking and the hating will come still LOL saying he hasn't fought any real welterweight LOL
AussieLad
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 5 2009, 10:52 PM) *
That's cause Pac is on HGH LOL.watch the fight against JMM pac was SMALL , if at that time anyone would have brought up Pac vs Cotto ,people would have responded with ,"your stupid Pac is to small for Cotto,Pac was bigger than Cotto fight night!

JMM vs Cotto would be pretty good though ,id take JMM to outbox him ,cotto is easy to hit and slow and flat footed !

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/100909.php

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200706/s1941168.htm

http://www.istadia.com/blog/DanPeterson/282

And from what i have been reading in my bodybuilding magazines are that HGH needs to be taken in massive quanities to have any effect. And that these quantities have serious noticeable side effects distorting peoples faces, hands and feet. Manny has no sign of these effects. There was a period during the 90's where alot of elite bodybuilders got stuck on the HGH bandwagon, taking it in massive amounts. And guess what, all they ended up with were sasquatch hands, and long 'horse' faces.

This HGH shit needs to be laid to rest
torvix2000
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 5 2009, 10:25 PM) *
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/100909.php

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200706/s1941168.htm

http://www.istadia.com/blog/DanPeterson/282

And from what i have been reading in my bodybuilding magazines are that HGH needs to be taken in massive quanities to have any effect. And that these quantities have serious noticeable side effects distorting peoples faces, hands and feet. Manny has no sign of these effects. There was a period during the 90's where alot of elite bodybuilders got stuck on the HGH bandwagon, taking it in massive amounts. And guess what, all they ended up with were sasquatch hands, and long 'horse' faces.

This HGH shit needs to be laid to rest

You may want to save this research so that you don't have to look it up again in case some of these stupid HGH shit pop up again.

And people should really examine Pac's mom's head. It's out of proportion, too.
torvix2000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 6 2009, 06:35 AM) *
He's not getting in the ring with a damaged Cotto, cracked egg of a Hatton or drained and washed up DLH. You can dress it up anyway you like and it still ends up in the ring with the most skilled boxer (by far) he has ever faced. Native roots, HGH and steroids would not change the truth.

LOL!
Against Hatton, Pacquiao was said to be not getting up in the ring with a shot DLH.
Against Cotto, Pacquiao was said to be not getting up in the ring with a shot DLH, or a damaged Hatton.

Mayweather is SHOT, then.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 5 2009, 11:15 PM) *
We will see.

I didn't bother to watch Pac versus DLH or Hatton live because I felt they were foregone conclusions. I felt the same about Pac v Cotto but my brother convinced me to watch it live. Cotto lasted longer than I expected.

You may have yourself convinced that PBF is just another DLH, Hatton or Cotto. If so you are delusional.

I have said repeatedly how much I respect and like Pacquiao. I picked him in his last three fights. I do not pick my fights out of respect or affection for a fighter. Marquez gave Pacquiao all he could handle 21 months ago. PBF is more than Manny can handle two years later.

When you say u didn't watch Pac vs DLH because u thot it was a foregone conclusion...if you say in Pac's favor then i wouldn't believe u. Same can be said about Cotto, neither of those fights were foregone conclusions for Pac imo. Marquez gave Pac all he could handle at MARQUEZ PRIME WEIGHTCLASS. Comparing the Marquez who fought Pac and the Marquez who fought PBF, the two are not on teh same level. Marquez that fought Mayweather did not carry the weight well, he was slow, sluggish and because he was, he was tailor made to make Mayweather look good. Marquez, at his best weightclasss (126-130) can beat any of the top fighters in those weightclasses (Pac included). That being said, marquez is good, but he's not Pac. Marquez isn't going to move upto unchartered waters of the 140+ divisions and emulate the fighter he is at the lower weightclasses. That's what makes Pac special, he continues to move up and juggle between weightclasses and appears to be getting better and better
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.