Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kimbo Slice vs Houston Alexander
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
AussieLad
This should be a very entertaining fight, regardless of whether you think these 2 guys have skills or not

Both are stand up bangers with power, and neither have even a skeleton of a ground game. So i expect this to stay standing, and turn into a slug-fest

Houston is a guy with crushing power, and the move up to heavyweight shouldnt hurt him. I will take houston by devestating KO
King Eugene
This doesn't go the distance. Houston was stopped in 8 seconds. He'll get stopped in 28 this time.
The CEO
Kimbo via Shady Stoppage...
AussieLad
As limited as Houston is, he is a huge puncher, and has faster hands.

Houston may be limited, but kimbo is just a backyard brawler. He is going to sleep
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 5 2009, 01:10 AM) *
As limited as Houston is, he is a huge puncher, and has faster hands.

Houston may be limited, but kimbo is just a backyard brawler. He is going to sleep

Agreed. Alexander will decapitate Kimbo, and Dana White will excuse it all by finding a way to shit on Fedor (again) at the post-fight conference.
King Eugene
I wouldn't be surprised if Kimbo took a couple shots and surprised everyone and took it to the grown.
JLUVBABY
kimbo is a descent stand up fighter... if he could get his grown game together more and learn how to get out of moves like a crucifix he would actually be a pretty dangerous fighter i think... i think dana white really wants him in ufc and he seems to like kimbo so maybe he got kimbo some real training who knows?...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 5 2009, 12:49 PM) *
kimbo is a descent stand up fighter... if he could get his grown game together more and learn how to get out of moves like a crucifix he would actually be a pretty dangerous fighter i think... i think dana white really wants him in ufc and he seems to like kimbo so maybe he got kimbo some real training who knows?...

I actually disagree. I've seen nothing to suggest that Kimbo has the sort of striking that could make up for a suspect ground game. Any time he's come even remotely close to fighting even B competition he's struggled.

I'll say it again, Alexander will win by decapitation. If Kimbo gets the win it will be tainted guaranteed, and a shitstorm will follow.
STEVENSKI
I could not believe one blind judge had it 30-27 for Slice. Nice work White putting him in with a 205lber.
Douchebag
Houston was scared as shit in this fight and I picked him to win. Kimbo is Kimbo and if nothing else he gets people to want to watch. meh.
AussieLad
Well, cant believe how this fight played out. Thought for sure this was going to be a slug-fest

Never expected houston to fight scared. Never expected him to try and use a machida-esque circle and strike game plan. He looked like he didnt know what he was doing, probably because he didnt know what he was doing. He shouldve come and did what he does best, and thats trade bombs. I still think he has better hands than kimbo, but that fucking stupid circling he was doing, and then the wrestling in the 2nd round sucked out his cardio... by the third round he couldnt employ his strength in striking because he had little left. It was a poorly executed strategy that detracted from his natural style

Kudos to those that picked Kimbo in this fight. I still dont think much of him as an overall fighter, and it wont be long till he is exposed again for having little ground game. But credit to kimbo for at least trying to learn new skills.
King Eugene
Kimbo knows he is no where near the best and never claimed to be either. Its not like he's calling out Mir, Congo, or Lesnar. He wants to continue to be a student of the sport and as he put it "bring these(his fist) and thump." Houston ran like he was scared to get KO'd in 8 seconds again.
JonnyBlaze
I gave MMA a chance with this fight and was very disappointed..Both guys don't know how to punch and both were muscle bound which is why they were so dead tired after 3 rounds of doing nothing..Boring fight..Only thing I can say is that Kimbo improved his ground game from when I last saw him get beat by that fat guy..

Kimbo still sucks..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 9 2009, 03:21 AM) *
I gave MMA a chance with this fight and was very disappointed..Both guys don't know how to punch and both were muscle bound which is why they were so dead tired after 3 rounds of doing nothing..Boring fight..Only thing I can say is that Kimbo improved his ground game from when I last saw him get beat by that fat guy..

Kimbo still sucks..

Kimbo would whip yo ass! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.