Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez tests positive for diuretic (furosemide)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
Where does this rank on the "cheating scale"? I know a suspension won't be too big of a deal for him, since he fights mostly in Mexico anyway. It may hurt his reputation a bit though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Dec 5 2009, 10:58 AM) *
Where does this rank on the "cheating scale"? I know a suspension won't be too big of a deal for him, since he fights mostly in Mexico anyway. It may hurt his reputation a bit though.

what is the story behind the stuff he tested for?... from what i read it makes you urinate... does it enhance anything?
Spyder
Mexicans don't care about diuretics. They drink piss for Christ's sake.
Mean Mister Mustard
I don't think it ranks too high on the scale of cheating. The most serious aspect is that he was fighting at 160 and he still needed a diuretic to make weight? With his lack of power, activity and defense how does he expect to compete at 160 or 168? I think the Chavez Jr express has seen where the road is going to end and are preparing an exit plan that will make everyone involved as much money as possible.

If people still want to follow another Chavez, they can look towards his younger brother who is also a pro fighter.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 5 2009, 12:36 PM) *
Mexicans don't care about diuretics. They drink piss for Christ's sake.

laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 5 2009, 11:42 AM) *
I don't think it ranks too high on the scale of cheating. The most serious aspect is that he was fighting at 160 and he still needed a diuretic to make weight? With his lack of power, activity and defense how does he expect to compete at 160 or 168? I think the Chavez Jr express has seen where the road is going to end and are preparing an exit plan that will make everyone involved as much money as possible.

If people still want to follow another Chavez, they can look towards his younger brother who is also a pro fighter.

agreed mustard... in his last fight he looked shaky to me... the first real opponent he faces i think he gets exposed brutally... may as well be for the big dollars...
mexi-cutioner
I hate Chavez Jr. and the bullshit PPV's Arum headlines him in. I can't believe i once paid $40 to watch that shit out of curiosity. Curiosity definitely did kill the cat in this case.
gbh32001
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Dec 6 2009, 08:27 AM) *
I hate Chavez Jr. and the bullshit PPV's Arum headlines him in. I can't believe i once paid $40 to watch that shit out of curiosity. Curiosity definitely did kill the cat in this case.
LOL, this thing happened to me in Singapore airport.Their display said"the best noodles in Singapore"from the pics of it, it look like very nice in the bowl with reddish color. And one thing the most expensive among the noodles menu, so i did not hesitate to order one only to find out how terible the taste is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.