Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO-8:30 CST (SPOILERS@ 8:45) Martinez vs. Williams
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and post fight reactions to tonight's card.

Jack

Administrator
D-MARV
CEO, WTF man? I just saw that you picked Martinez to stop Williams in the 7th. You got me feeling even more nervous now... LMAO. I can see Martinez pulling off the upset but a KO?
The CEO
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 03:02 PM) *
CEO, WTF man? I just saw that you picked Martinez to stop Williams in the 7th. You got me feeling even more nervous now... LMAO. I can see Martinez pulling off the upset but a KO?

Yeah, man...kinda feel the upset comin'...Williams has been training in the midst of Cot-Pac and now May-Pac...I think he could possibly be distracted and off like he was against Quintana....here's my formal prediction for those who don't follow the front page like they should be doin'...lol

Martinez TKO7

A stab at The Upset Special. If Williams can lapse once, he can lapse again. This just might be Lapse #2 for him right here. Martinez is a very underrated AND professional fighter. The unorthodox, Argentine southpaw strikes me as the type who doesn't care who he's up against... as an extremely focused individual who only competes with himself. He's fast. He can crack. He can throw punches in bunches. The move up in weight is probably good for him at age 34.

In short... if Williams wants to win, he needs to be at his best and not looking past this guy at all.
The CEO
I forgot to mention all the issues he had with the Pavlik fight as well...his head might not be right tonight...
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 5 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Yeah, man...kinda feel the upset comin'...Williams has been training in the midst of Cot-Pac and now May-Pac...I think he could possibly be distracted and off like he was against Quintana....here's my formal prediction for those who don't follow the front page like they should be doin'...lol

Martinez TKO7

A stab at The Upset Special. If Williams can lapse once, he can lapse again. This just might be Lapse #2 for him right here. Martinez is a very underrated AND professional fighter. The unorthodox, Argentine southpaw strikes me as the type who doesn't care who he's up against... as an extremely focused individual who only competes with himself. He's fast. He can crack. He can throw punches in bunches. The move up in weight is probably good for him at age 34.

In short... if Williams wants to win, he needs to be at his best and not looking past this guy at all.

Gothcha...

For you guys that don't know, PWill trains in the Washington DC area and I have stopped in to see him train before and He's taking Martinez very seriously. He also brought Quintana in to spar with him... so he's getting a good look. I expect PWill to win but Martinez presents a lot of stylistic issues. This is a much tougher fight than Pavlik.
JLUVBABY
i was thinking about that ceo and if williams isnt there all the way mentally martinez can make this a good fight... i think paul really learned from that first quintana fight and i think hes a solid pro now... he'll be there in full effect and i dont think martinez will be able to handle the punch out put of williams....

on to arreola... just thought id throw this out there... i give much props to him for getting right back in the ring this soon after that beat down he took to vitali... that loss was probably the best thing to happen to him... arreola will be a belt holder if he stays active and keeps his weight down... just my opinion on him right now...
The CEO
Gothcha...

For you guys that don't know, PWill trains in the Washington DC area and I have stopped in to see him train before and He's taking Martinez very seriously. He also brought Quintana in to spar with him... so he's getting a good look. I expect PWill to win but Martinez presents a lot of stylistic issues. This is a much tougher fight than Pavlik.

I hear ya...that's the thing though...Martinez is NOTICEABLY better than Quintana and doesn't use a Shield/Counterpunch style like Wright does (I'd like to add I picked Williams over Wright easily btw)...

Martinez throws alot of punches in his own right....I'm talkin' straight as an arrow, super quick shots with some pop on 'em...comin' at you in off rhythms...he has developed into a legitimate badass.

If Williams works him over like he did Wright, he needs to be in everyone's Top 5 P4P....
Mean Mister Mustard
There was an article over at the Ring's website alluding to the possibility of an upset. The claim that bothered me was that they said Martinez is a rich man's version of Quintana. I disagree, Quintana is a very well schooled fighter who is also very smart. Martinez looked sensational against Bunema but looked out of ideas against Cintron. Just because he has faster hands and more power than Quintana does not mean he is a better fighter. I think he relies on his talent too much.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 5 2009, 04:27 PM) *
I hear ya...that's the thing though...Martinez is NOTICEABLY better than Quintana and doesn't use a Shield/Counterpunch style like Wright does (I'd like to add I picked Williams over Wright easily btw)...

Martinez throws alot of punches in his own right....I'm talkin' straight as an arrow, super quick shots with some pop on 'em...comin' at you in off rhythms...he has developed into a legitimate badass.

If Williams works him over like he did Wright, he needs to be in everyone's Top 5 P4P....

Fair enough... But why a 7th round TKO? do you see Martinez hurting PWill? I don't see that at all.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 5 2009, 04:33 PM) *
There was an article over at the Ring's website alluding to the possibility of an upset. The claim that bothered me was that they said Martinez is a rich man's version of Quintana. I disagree, Quintana is a very well schooled fighter who is also very smart. Martinez looked sensational against Bunema but looked out of ideas against Cintron. Just because he has faster hands and more power than Quintana does not mean he is a better fighter. I think he relies on his talent too much.

You read The Ring's shit?....shame on you...they suck.

laugh.gif

I'm not sayin' Quintana's bad at all...I'm with you on his status and his ring smarts......I just see Martinez as the obviously better, overall fighter...he's bigger and better.

I also agree that his talent carries him some....but you know who else relies on their talent...alot?....Paul Williams.

and let me reiterate and clarify something....this is just a "stab at The Upset Special" pick...not a "6 month in advance, screaming from the mountaintops, CONVINCED, PICK OF THE YEAR" pick...lol...Williams is deservedly the favorite tonight....
The CEO
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 04:37 PM) *
Fair enough... But why a 7th round TKO? do you see Martinez hurting PWill? I don't see that at all.

He can most DEFINITELY hurt Williams....he cracked Cintron so fast and hard, the boy thought he got headbutted...

Callin' for the TKO is what puts the Special in "Upset Special"...lol

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 5 2009, 03:52 PM) *
He can most DEFINITELY hurt Williams....he cracked Cintron so fast and hard, the boy thought he got headbutted...

you need to stop ceo...lol.... you are messin up my thinking for my prediction league... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 5 2009, 03:52 PM) *

thought you might like this ceo.. its a guy i like to listen to on youtube...
Snoop
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 5 2009, 11:09 PM) *

thought you might like this ceo.. its a guy i like to listen to on youtube...

This guy knows his shit. I liked his analysis of Mayweather vs Pacquiao.
D-MARV
You guys didn't know? This guys IS CEO... LOL
The CEO
I've seen a few of that Dwyer dude's videos, J.....he's made some hot picks here and there.....if he wasn't as conservative and mainstream with his demeanor and thought process, he could be a force...
The CEO
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 06:04 PM) *

LMAOOOO!!

I would shoot myself if I had his voice...
JLUVBABY
he's been dead wrong on some occasions too.. but i enjoy watching the youtube fight community give their peice on the fights...
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 5 2009, 07:18 PM) *
he's been dead wrong on some occasions too.. but i enjoy watching the youtube fight community give their peice on the fights...

Yeah...don't get me wrong about him...he can break it down thoroughly...his assessments and evaluations have been pretty solid from the videos I've seen....but I have to say I also don't like how he lacks courage in his picks sometimes (he was on the fence for Ward-Kessler AND tonight's matchup for that matter)...plus his flow is like a damn Morphine Drip...lol

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
No doubt about it, I think Martinez has got this fight tonight. He is the best 154 pounder out there, and he's gonna beat Williams good. Quintana beat Williams, and even though Quintana is a tremendous fighter, I think Martinez is better. Martinez is fast and has a little power too. I think Williams will have a hard time with that. I got Martinez by decisoin.
Snoop
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 6 2009, 12:04 AM) *

LOL. Somehow I don't imagine CEO being a big, bald, mono-toned black dude.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 6 2009, 03:15 AM) *
Yes. How do I know? He is a golf enthusiast.

That guy's personality just comes off to be the EXACT opposite of how CEO is.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 5 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Yeah...don't get me wrong about him...he can break it down thoroughly...his assessments and evaluations have been pretty solid from the videos I've seen....but I have to say I also don't like how he lacks courage in his picks sometimes (he was on the fence for Ward-Kessler AND tonight's matchup for that matter)...plus his flow is like a damn Morphine Drip...lol

yeah you right ceo... morphine drip after sippin a lil codiene in his sprite...lol... hey guys lets go to chat for this fight!!!
salvador
Williams is going to put on a show tonight without a doubt. The only question is whether enough casual fans are watching/care.

Williams keeps saying that he can make 147, which, of course, begs the question of why this fight wasn't at 154, but whatever.

Williams by a 9-3 type of decision.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 5 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Williams is going to put on a show tonight without a doubt. The only question is whether enough casual fans are watching/care.

Williams keeps saying that he can make 147, which, of course, begs the question of why this fight wasn't at 154, but whatever.

Williams by a 9-3 type of decision.

i agree salvador.. williams is bout to bust this boy up..
JLUVBABY
if arreola didnt take too much of a mental beatdown from the klit. fight he's gonna be a force in the future... that klit. fight is probably the best thing that could have happened to him in the sense that he probably wasnt ready for the fight as far as not having faced the type of opponents to get him ready for that kinda fight and he took a solid beating without going down.... he proved hopefully to himself that he can at least weather what them big boys bring him.... he just needs a little more seasoning... some may not agree but i wouldnt mind seeing tony thompson fight vitali... stylewise i think that could be a descent fight...
JLUVBABY
minto is about to get creamed... knocked the fuck out...lol...
salvador
Lampley's having a great night already.
D-MARV
WTF? look how small this venue looks... That best fighter in the world is fighting in a high school gym... sad.gif
salvador
That's a pretty small room for a Williams/Arreola/Minto fight.

Williams has no chance at the Pac/Floyd winner because he just don't bring da money.

That room is rediculous. Very sad.
D-MARV
Arreola is RUINED... He officially sucks.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 5 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Arreola is RUINED... He officially sucks.

i dont think hes ruined stylez... i think hes doing himself justice getting right back on the horse...
D-MARV
He looks like shit! Minto is catching him with a lot of punches. Lucky for Chris, Minto sucks too.
JLUVBABY
well what im sayin is now they can finally start workin on what he needs to do... these are the kind of fights he should have had before fighting klit... but i cant blame them for taking the shot...
JLUVBABY
aaerola needs a lot of work on his defense...
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 5 2009, 10:00 PM) *
aaerola needs a lot of work on his defense...

needs to work on his weight ..fat ass bastard is holding himself back.
alaganza
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Dec 5 2009, 10:01 PM) *
needs to work on his weight ..fat a* bastard is holding himself back.

Kind of reminds me of Kirk Johnson in that aspect.
D-MARV
Whoa... WAR FUCKING MINTO
D-MARV
BRIAN MINTO Has GORILLA BALLS
JLUVBABY
wow... aareola has a lot of work to do but i dont think hes shot... cant call him that off one fight just yet...
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (alaganza @ Dec 5 2009, 10:02 PM) *
Kind of reminds me of Kirk Johnson in that aspect.

I hope he's not proud of his performance tonight. Stock dropped. In a slugfest with a guy damn near 50 lbs lighter.
KookedKrack
shok.gif @ Martinez coming out with swagger on a hundred thousand trillion
HaydelHammer
sad for paul ...he must win this or he goes into bolivia and will never recover.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 5 2009, 11:22 PM) *
shok.gif @ Martinez coming out with swagger on a hundred thousand trillion

D-MARV
WOW! Just Wow
D-MARV
I was afraid of this
HaydelHammer
damn I changed the channel damn. I missed the knockdowns. shit.
D-MARV
Martinez is toying with my boy.
KookedKrack
Edge of your seat stuff right here good fucking fight.
HaydelHammer
paul has to know he cannot lose. If he does it's over for him seriously.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.