Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fighthype awards!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
Fighter of the Year: Manny Pacquiao
Fight of the Year: Williams-Martinez
Upset of the Year: Danny Green KO1 Roy Jones Jr.
Round of the Year: Cotto-Pacquiao (round 2)
Event of the Year: Pacquiao-Cotto
KO of the Year: Pacquiao KO2 Hatton
Comeback of the Year: Floyd Mayweather Jr
Prospect of the Year: Erislandy Lara
Fraud of the Year: Antonio Margarito
Dissappiontment of the Year: Kelly Pavlik

FightHype Awards:
Poster of the Year: CEO
Hugger of the Year: Torvix2000
Thread of the Year: Hater Nation Thread
Dumbest Post: Conscience thinking he can beat Calzaghe, LOL (I love ya bro)
#1 Thread Topic: Floyd Mayweather
Funniest Poster: Stevenski
Rookie of the Year: Keith

Name Yours!
torvix2000
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 7 2009, 01:51 PM) *

Yipee!!! I'll take it!
D-MARV
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 7 2009, 09:22 AM) *
Yipee!!! I'll take it!

LOL... I know you would!
BigG
Fighter Of The Year: Manny Pacquiao..THE Pacquiao!
Fight Of The Year: Israel Vazquez vs. Rafael Marquez III/Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz
Upset Of The Year: Rodel Mayol KO 2 Edgar Sosa
Round Of The Year:
KO Of The Year: Pacquiao KO 2 Hatton
Comeback Of The Year: Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Prospect Of The Year: Marvin Sonsona (From prospect to world champion)
Fraud Of The Year: Antonio Margarito

Poster Of The Year: The C.E.O/Snoop/THE Hype
Comeback Poster Of The Year: Warlord!
Funniest Poster: Spyder, Rusty Trombone, STEVENSKI...yeah..alot of them.,,,
Nuthugger Of The Year: STEVENSKI for any Aussie fighter, Stylez For Paul Williams, Fitz for Darchinyan and last but NOT least...Torvix for Pacquiao!
Poster who should be more active: My man Johnny Blaze, My man Roll Deep, My man BlackBelt, and my man PR13!
Poster who has been right in most of his predictions of the year: Yours truly, BigG. laugh.gif

BOXING SITE OF THE YEAR: FIGHTHYPE
torvix2000
BrutalBodyShots?
The CEO
Thanks for the nod, StyleZ...Big G.....I'll vote on the other ones later....here's some I wanna add...

MIA Award: hitman harding

Harshest Poster: rusty trombone

Sarcastic "Asshole" of The Year: Mean Mister Mustard...you bastard...lol

Classiest Poster: JD (Perennial Champion)

Most Valuable Foreigner Award: Fitz

Newcomer To Watch Award: Smarty Beardo

Most Underrated Poster: TIE - Romulus, the ollie reed fan club

Worst Taste Award: Col Reb

Celebrity Poster of The Year: JonnysTrainer
ROLL DEEP
Johnny's trainer was brilliant.

He needs to come back.

Posters off the top of my head who always write some entertaining (whether it be funny or serious, boxing related talk)

CEO
Fitz
Stevenski
Snoop
Big G

Oh, here is an award that definately needs to be presented:

NUT HUGGER HALL OF FAME: Method

Not just the 2009 champ, but P4P number 1 nut hugger of past and future eons laugh.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Dec 7 2009, 03:35 PM) *
NUT HUGGER HALL OF FAME: Method

Not just the 2009 champ, but P4P number 1 nut hugger of past and future eons laugh.gif

Fits the definition of ATG.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 7 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Thanks for the nod, StyleZ...Big G.....I'll vote on the other ones later....here's some I wanna add...

MIA Award: hitman harding

Harshest Poster: rusty trombone

Sarcastic "Asshole" of The Year: Mean Mister Mustard...you bastard...lol

Classiest Poster: JD (Perennial Champion)

Most Valuable Foreigner Award: Fitz

Newcomer To Watch Award: Smarty Beardo

Most Underrated Poster: TIE - Romulus, the ollie reed fan club

Worst Taste Award: Col Reb

???WHAT???

Anyway since I received something I might as well give some back.

Poster Who Whould Wost More Often: BrutalBodyShots

Archivist of the year: Fitz

Fight Hype Sheriff: Method for deconstructing Sugar Q's posts and in the process driving him off the board. A classic "Pack your shit and git out of town!" if there ever was one. But seriously Sugar Q, if you are reading, you can come back.

Name of the Year: Nick Wong aka Snoop. What? Your parents couldn't have named you something more Asian like Lao Wong or Xu Wong?

My Balls Are Too Big For Gambling: CEO and his pick of Ward to beat Kessler.

Newcomer of the Year: SmartyBeardo. He's making a name for himself.

"I'd Take a Bullet for you Manny" Super Fan of the Year Award: Torvix

The CEO
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 7 2009, 09:42 AM) *

Easily....AND Boxing Forum of The Year....hands down.

To be honest...MOST of our active posters deserve an Award....because as some of you know, I've visited (and harassed...lol) other forums...ones that have 300+ registered Members and 100+ active posters on at a time....and there might be 5 guys that are worth a shit...

ROLL listed 5 off the top of his head....

I am not biased at all when I say we are The P4P Best Site and Forum in this business.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 7 2009, 10:49 AM) *

To be honest...MOST of our active posters deserve an Award....because as some of you know, I've visited (and harassed...lol) other forums...ones that have 300+ registered Members and 100+ active posters on at a time....and there might be 5 guys that are worth a shit...

ROLL listed 5 off the top of his head....

I am not biased at all when I say we are The P4P Best Site and Forum in this business.

No doubt & mad props to Hype for keeping the boards alive when dickhead said fuck us! Not only that, how about more props for Ben making such a great site in general!
Long live FIGHTHYPE!!!!!!
BigG
Add:

Poster with the funniest sig: KrookedKrack and his cam'ron signatures.
caneman
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 7 2009, 10:58 AM) *
Add:

He has had some good ones but I dislike his present one...I find it tasteless personally!
The CEO
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 7 2009, 10:55 AM) *
No doubt & mad props to Hype for keeping the boards alive when dickhead said fuck us! Not only that, how about more props for Ben making such a great site in general!
Long live FIGHTHYPE!!!!!!

Good things happens to good people....and that applies to Hype....how often do you see a Site Owner regularly come hang out and interact with his people on a board?...not often at all...

That's why I think he deserves Poster of The Year over me...but not by much...lol...I was off my ASS this year...

QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 7 2009, 10:58 AM) *
Add:

KK is underrated as Hell...
thehype
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 7 2009, 11:09 AM) *
Good things happens to good people....and that applies to Hype....how often do you see a Site Owner regularly come hang out and interact with his people on a board?...not often at all...

That's why I think he deserves Poster of The Year over me...but not by much...lol...I was off my ASS this year...

MABUHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha....couldn't resist.

Seriously, thanks for the props from you and everyone else, but really, it should be me who's thanking all of you guys for making this place what it is. Without all of you, this place would be as dead as blahtalk.com (hahaha...couldn't resist on that one either). All kidding aside though, ALL of you are much appreciated by me and I really am thankful for ALL of the support you've given both me and the webiste.

You ALL deserve a Poster of the Year award....well....all of you except the INFIDELS, who are insignificant in the eyes of THE Pacquiao and his glorious GREATNESS!

MABUHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snoop
Thank you thank you thank you, you're far too kind...

For all those that mentioned me in whatever capacity (good poster, awesome name(lol)) I appreciate it. There are definitely posters on here that made this board what it is and some stick out in my mind more than others, but I'll get to that list when I have some time to dedicate to it.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 7 2009, 03:49 PM) *

CO-SIGN. I didn't realize how shitty those other boxing forums really were til I read the one regarding my article. About 90% of those posters write like trolls and most of the conversation doesn't enhance my boxing knowledge. Shit, we might not get as much traffic on this board than the others, but to me it's almost like a self-selective system that weeds out shitty posters. Damn now that I think about it, ya'll mofos take up a lot of my time cuz I tend to read damn near EVERYONE'S post on here.
Nay_Sayer
Most irritating poster of the year award: TIE between Klitschko nut huggers and Pacquiao tea baggers....
KookedKrack
thanks on the props guys.....

Fighthype definitely wins boxing website of the year for the interviews/news but the forums make it the G.O.A.T. smile_anim.gif

sig check shok.gif haha.gif
lloyd mayflower
I would like to thank everyone for providing me with a platform on which to lower my productivity whilst on nightshift even lower than it normally is. This is now the first website i look at everytime im on the interweb

DUCK OF THE YEAR: Torvix (ducking Fitzs sig bet) no question
STEVENSKI
Props to everyone who appreciates my sarcasm & overt idiocy. I do try & be serious on occasion though.

I don't want to single out any posters but you are all intregal to making this fora (correct Stanley?) what it is. We sure need more people but at least 90% of those who have on here are knowledgable & you can have a great bit of back & forth & a few laughs.

Hype deserves special mention as without Ben we would be reduced to posting on substandard sites & I appreciate the quality put up on the front page.

I may put up a list but I will miss someone & I don't want to miss anyone on here.
STEVENSKI
How do you know Stanley Fitz? He is such a little punk.
STEVENSKI
I wonder if he finally scored with his friends sister?
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 7 2009, 08:51 AM) *
Fighter of the Year: Manny Pacquiao
Fight of the Year: Williams-Martinez
Upset of the Year: Danny Green KO1 Roy Jones Jr.
Round of the Year: Cotto-Pacquiao (round 2)
Event of the Year: Pacquiao-Cotto
KO of the Year: Pacquiao KO2 Hatton
Comeback of the Year: Floyd Mayweather Jr
Prospect of the Year: Erislandy Lara
Fraud of the Year: Antonio Margarito
Dissappiontment of the Year: Kelly Pavlik

FightHype Awards:
Poster of the Year: CEO
Thread of the Year: Hater Nation Thread
Dumbest Post: Conscience thinking he can beat Calzaghe, LOL (I love ya bro)
#1 Thread Topic: Floyd Mayweather
Funniest Poster: Stevenski
Rookie of the Year: Keith

Name Yours!

Rookie of the Year! Shit I'm honored as all hell. I was thinking you were pissed at me Stylez.
STEVENSKI
Nah you are a top quality poster on here Keith.
Keith
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 7 2009, 04:58 PM) *
Agreed with most of those, just can't remember a specific for round of the year, not sure about prospect of the year as well.

For posting awards, thanks for mention. Some of the better posters I like are blackbelt and Roll, though they are kind of like R.Marquez and Vasquez, inactivity is holding them back laugh.gif
C.E.O is good, Big Slim, Stevenski (when he actually posts seriously, knows his stuff, lol), MMM, Method and JD have good insight as well though they are often around, but don't post whore like a lot of others, haha. There are a few that I probably forgot to mention.

Best breakthrough posters are probably Keith, followed by ollie.

Also thanks MMM on the archivist post award. I often give the search engine most of it's props but a key ingredient is my long term memory. I have a pretty good long term memory and most of the times this helps me know what I am searching for laugh.gif

Thanks Fitz.
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 7 2009, 06:06 PM) *
Nah you are a top quality poster on here Keith.

Thanks Stevenski. I love your ball bustin.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 7 2009, 06:12 PM) *
I may put up a list but I will miss someone & I don't want to miss anyone on here.

Awwww, scared you may upset someone? laugh.gif

The boards are a great laugh to read. Some knowledgeable dudes on here, mixed in with the sense of humor and it's all good.
Keith

I would like to add....

MC of the year - CEO

The sig bet thread was well executed.
Byrd Man
I GOT ROBBED! All my "thread of the year" candidates got deleted!

ha ha ha...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 7 2009, 06:21 PM) *
I would like to add....

MC of the year - CEO

The sig bet thread was well executed.

2nd that, the sig bet had some of the best ball busting smack talk of the year and much of the kudos should go to THE C.E.O for that.

Running on from that I think we should create the 'James Toney' award for best smack talk on the boards. Steve of course is a prime contender, I like Rusty Trombone when he gets on a roll and of course THE C.E.O himself.

Heck I might even throw my new buddy Smarty Beardo in there as well for that one, man likes to fire up!! laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 7 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Thanks Fitz.

Yeah cheers Fitz.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Dec 7 2009, 11:14 PM) *
Awwww, scared you may upset someone? laugh.gif

The boards are a great laugh to read. Some knowledgeable dudes on here, mixed in with the sense of humor and it's all good.

To reiterate.

1st ballot worst poster & human being in the world: ROLL DEEP
JonnysTrainer
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 7 2009, 10:24 AM) *

Thanks for the recognition son, but nobody considers Jesus, Alexander the Great and other figures of the like as celebrities. I don't think it's fair to consider me one either. But I appreciate the joy I bring to others.
I don't mean to brag, but knock out of the year I think is me. Back in 1971 I knocked a gym legend by the name of Harry Rose into the future and by chance it knocked him into 2009, he was saying outrageous things thinking he was in the future.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 7 2009, 06:03 PM) *
Rookie of the Year! Shit I'm honored as all hell. I was thinking you were pissed at me Stylez.

Why would you think that? You're my dawg, dawg!
kidbazooka1
I think upset of the year should go to Juan Carlos Salgado KO 1 Jorge Linares.

I doesn't come much as a shock to me these days when Jones gets KO'ed even by a fighter the level of Green.
D-MARV
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 7 2009, 07:21 PM) *

I doesn't come much as a shock to me these days when Jones gets KO'ed even by a fighter the level of Green.

I forgot about that one... Good Call. I'm not to shocked that Green beat Jones but he KO'd in 90 seconds.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 7 2009, 07:18 PM) *
Why would you think that? You're my dawg, dawg!

laugh.gif You told me to shut up or something the other day. It just seemed kind of random.... but its all good. Honered again by your recognition.

STEVENSKI
Keith just shut up.

P4P poster has to be Jonnys Trainer. 37 posts & every one quality.
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 7 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Keith just shut up.

P4P poster has to be Jonnys Trainer. 37 posts & every one quality.

Go stick a didgeridoo up your ass. yahoo.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 7 2009, 07:21 PM) *

That's a good point.

I would also like to reiterate the fact that CEO did a very good job with the Sig Thread. It brought some extra excitement to the biggest fight of the year even for those of us who did not participate in sig bets. We did however suffer just as much as those who lost, since we have to look at their gay ass sigs for a month.
The CEO
Thanks for typin' my name, guys....

My goal with the Cot-Pac Sig Bet was to hype the fight, get people involved, and provide some entertainment...it was a success because everyone did their part...I promise to bring the same energy when I set up the May-Pac one....it's gonna be HUGE.

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 7 2009, 06:34 PM) *
I GOT ROBBED! All my "thread of the year" candidates got deleted!

ha ha ha...

laugh.gif

There's really so many Quality Posters here...I feel bad not typing everyone's name out....do have to say my brothers, Spyder and Big Bad Ass Slim Sweetness, need to be mentioned more...some of their posts should be on a Pay-Per-View basis...they're that good.
Lil-lightsout
Fighter of the Year- Pac
Fight of the Year- Marquez-Diaz
Upset of the year- Mosley over Margarito
KO of the Year- Abraham vs. Taylor
Most shameful incident of the Year- Margarito loaded gloves
Quitter of the Year- Nate Campbell
Ripoff of the Year- Guzman-Funeka draw
Worst physique of the year- Chris Arreola
Worst division of the year- Heavyweight
Underrated fighter of the Year- Devon Alexander
Overrated fighter of the Year- Carl Froch
Most exciting fighter of the Year-Juan Manuel Lopez
Best shit talker of the Year- James Toney(still)
Most disgusting training method of the Year- JMM drinking his own piss

Best poster on FH- Way too many to choose from, but if I had to pick one it would be JD.
Biggest huggers on FH- Provo, Kingknockout
Most confusing poster on FH- Torvix
Best thread on FH- Sig bet was classic to read.
Posters that don't post enough on FH- King Eugene and Johnny Blaze
Most creative screen name of the Year- Keith
Crazy poster of the Year- Stevenski, Trumbone

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Figther of the year: Pacquiao no doubt
Fight of the year: Berto-Collazo (very underrated scrap, wish they would have done it again). I think last Saturday's fight was amazing too.

Upset of the year: Too hard to call. Linares got ko'd, Green over Jones, and Maidina over Ortiz would all be appropriate.

Event of the year: Mayweather-Marquez. This went head to head against UFC, and did spectacular numbers. The build up was great, and the undercard was stacked. This fight got into movie theatres.

KO of the year: Pac-Hatton
Worst Robbery: Guzman-Funeka
Most dissapointing fighter of 09: Margarito for sure

I think most every poster on here is knowledgeable and gets their point across in a respectful matter. These boards are the most enjoyable to post on for sure, and the front page is awesome. Go fighthype!
JonnyBlaze
Thanks for the 2 shout outs lil-lightsout and BigG...I'm trying to post more but I've been crazy busy training basically everyday..I'm on break from school so I go to the gym everyday..I know I need to post more..I've been trying to post as much as possible but sometimes I feel I need to spend hours to catch up..hahaha..

Fight of the year----Williams/Martinez or Berto/Callazo..
King Eugene
There is a lot of e-man loving going on here! These gay ass sigs dont help either laugh.gif

I want to give Lil Lightsout a pound tho!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 8 2009, 02:06 AM) *
There is a lot of e-man loving going on here! These gay ass sigs dont help either laugh.gif

I want to give Lil Lightsout a pound tho!

The man-love is starting to reach epidemic proportions. This bro-mance is getting out of control

I only see the sigs getting worse after Pac-PBF. laugh.gif
Romulus9
Fighter of the Year: Manny Pacquiao - Tough to dispute.
Fight of the Year: Juan Manuel Marquez KO 9 Juan Diaz
Underrated Fight of the Year Candidate: Juan Urango TKO 11 Randall Bailey
Upset of the year: Juan Carlos Salgado KO 1 Jorge Linares - Absolutely SHOCKING.
KO of the Year: Manny Pacquiao KO 2 Ricky Hatton - There's only OOOOOOONE Ricky Flattened.
Robbery of the Year: Juan Diaz UD 12 Paul Malignaggi
Ridiculous Scorecard of the Year: Gale Von Hoy - 118-110 Juan Diaz over Paul Malignaggi - I hope the check cleared.
Ridiculous Scorecard of the Year, Runner-up: Pierre Benoist - 119-110 Paul Williams over Sergio Martinez
Ridiculous Scorecard of the Year, 3rd Place: Dave Moretti - 97-92 Breidis Prescott over Miguel Vazquez
Profanity Filled Postfight Crying Fit of the Year: Chris Arreola
Fade of the Year: Jermain Taylor vs. Carl Froch
Completely Worthless Fighter of the Year: Carl Froch
Non-Combat Moment of the Year: HBO's Tribute to Arthur Curry
Statement Win of the Year: Jean Pascal UD 12 Adrian Diaconu
Future Fast Food Endorser of the Year: James Toney - It will take something big to take it away from JT. "Burger King! Yeah baby! Burger King! Burger King!"
Sad but Funny Moment of the Year: Juan Urango vs. Hermann Ngoudjo - 5 minute round ... Seriously, how in blue hell does that happen?
Cure Your Insomnia Fight of the Year: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. UD 10 Troy Rowland
One-Sided Drubbing of the Year: Andre Ward UD 12 Henry "Sugar Poo" Robinson
Jim Lampley Vocabulary Builder Word Usage Moment of the Year: Skulduggery, used during round 1 of Mosley-Margarito - I never thought I'd hear anyone but Mike Tyson use that word in a sentence for no good reason.
"Just Go Away" Fighter of the Year: Hector Camacho Sr.
Bitch of the Year: Mikkel Kessler - That nonsense after the Ward beatdown was shameful. Victor Ortiz had this wrapped up until Kessler started whining.
Classic Boxing Pick Just to Piss JonnyBlaze Off of the Year: Roy Jones Jr. KO 1 Archie Moore
Classic Boxing Pick Just to Piss JonnyBlaze Off of the Year Runner-up: Pernell Whitaker KO 2 Benny Leonard
Fallen Fighter Who Will Be Dearly Missed of the Year: Vernon Forrest - Many, many lives were touched by this man, and his absence will be felt directly and indirectly by millions of people for years to come. RIP Viper.

2010 has the all makings of a great year for the sport, and it starts off with a bang... just like 2009 did: Shane Mosley in the ring. We'll all be here on the FightHype Community for it all. We've got some great posters on here, and our community will only continue to grow. I've browsed a few forums and there's not another one around that comes close to this one when it comes to knowledgeable discussion and quality. For poster awards, I wouldn't know where to begin. We've got some fantastic posters around here. The only category for which there is a clear winner is Resident Hater of the Year, and your winner is Stevenski. Honestly, that vote should be unanimous. Here's hoping our regulars stay regular, some names from the past resurface, those who don't post enough step up their game, and the newcomers can jump right into the fray and contribute (with the notable exceptions of the PBF nuthuggers who just never shut up and have nothing of substance to throw into the mix... they need their own damn board). Perhaps this is the year we've been anticipating for so long. Maybe the dreams become reality.

Could it all come together? Pacquiao-Mayweather and Mosley gets the winner? A big-time culmination of the Super Six? Williams-Pavlik? Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fights someone with a pulse? Darchinyan-Donaire II? Holyfield-Bowe IV? Col Reb finally gets his wish and nails Chelsea Clinton? Who knows... maybe it all comes together in the 12 months that are just ahead.

My best to everyone here as we leave 2009 and enter 2010.

Ben, thanks for having this place for us all. It's one thing to truly love the sport and enjoy it as much as we do. It's another thing to be able to interact with those who share the same passion (or obsession... whatever). Many thanks.

There's nothing quite like being a connoisseur of the Noble Art., the Sweet Science... the world of boxing.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 7 2009, 07:40 PM) *
To reiterate.

1st ballot worst poster & human being in the world: ROLL DEEP

laugh.gif

I've won! I've won!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 8 2009, 01:27 AM) *
Fighter of the Year: Manny Pacquiao - Tough to dispute.
Fight of the Year: Juan Manuel Marquez KO 9 Juan Diaz
Underrated Fight of the Year Candidate: Juan Urango TKO 11 Randall Bailey
Upset of the year: Juan Carlos Salgado KO 1 Jorge Linares - Absolutely SHOCKING.
KO of the Year: Manny Pacquiao KO 2 Ricky Hatton - There's only OOOOOOONE Ricky Flattened.
Robbery of the Year: Juan Diaz UD 12 Paul Malignaggi
Ridiculous Scorecard of the Year: Gale Von Hoy - 118-110 Juan Diaz over Paul Malignaggi - I hope the check cleared.
Ridiculous Scorecard of the Year, Runner-up: Pierre Benoist - 119-110 Paul Williams over Sergio Martinez
Ridiculous Scorecard of the Year, 3rd Place: Dave Moretti - 97-92 Breidis Prescott over Miguel Vazquez
Profanity Filled Postfight Crying Fit of the Year: Chris Arreola
Fade of the Year: Jermain Taylor vs. Carl Froch
Completely Worthless Fighter of the Year: Carl Froch
Non-Combat Moment of the Year: HBO's Tribute to Arthur Curry
Statement Win of the Year: Jean Pascal UD 12 Adrian Diaconu
Future Fast Food Endorser of the Year: James Toney - It will take something big to take it away from JT. "Burger King! Yeah baby! Burger King! Burger King!"
Sad but Funny Moment of the Year: Juan Urango vs. Hermann Ngoudjo - 5 minute round ... Seriously, how in blue hell does that happen?
Cure Your Insomnia Fight of the Year: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. UD 10 Troy Rowland
One-Sided Drubbing of the Year: Andre Ward UD 12 Henry "Sugar Poo" Robinson
Jim Lampley Vocabulary Builder Word Usage Moment of the Year: Skulduggery, used during round 1 of Mosley-Margarito - I never thought I'd hear anyone but Mike Tyson use that word in a sentence for no good reason.
"Just Go Away" Fighter of the Year: Hector Camacho Sr.
Bitch of the Year: Mikkel Kessler - That nonsense after the Ward beatdown was shameful. Victor Ortiz had this wrapped up until Kessler started whining.
Classic Boxing Pick Just to Piss JonnyBlaze Off of the Year: Roy Jones Jr. KO 1 Archie Moore
Classic Boxing Pick Just to Piss JonnyBlaze Off of the Year Runner-up: Pernell Whitaker KO 2 Benny Leonard
Fallen Fighter Who Will Be Dearly Missed of the Year: Vernon Forrest - Many, many lives were touched by this man, and his absence will be felt directly and indirectly by millions of people for years to come. RIP Viper.

2010 has the all makings of a great year for the sport, and it starts off with a bang... just like 2009 did: Shane Mosley in the ring. We'll all be here on the FightHype Community for it all. We've got some great posters on here, and our community will only continue to grow. I've browsed a few forums and there's not another one around that comes close to this one when it comes to knowledgeable discussion and quality. For poster awards, I wouldn't know where to begin. We've got some fantastic posters around here. The only category for which there is a clear winner is Resident Hater of the Year, and your winner is Stevenski. Honestly, that vote should be unanimous. Here's hoping our regulars stay regular, some names from the past resurface, those who don't post enough step up their game, and the newcomers can jump right into the fray and contribute (with the notable exceptions of the PBF nuthuggers who just never shut up and have nothing of substance to throw into the mix... they need their own damn board). Perhaps this is the year we've been anticipating for so long. Maybe the dreams become reality.

Could it all come together? Pacquiao-Mayweather and Mosley gets the winner? A big-time culmination of the Super Six? Williams-Pavlik? Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. fights someone with a pulse? Darchinyan-Donaire II? Holyfield-Bowe IV? Col Reb finally gets his wish and nails Chelsea Clinton? Who knows... maybe it all comes together in the 12 months that are just ahead.

My best to everyone here as we leave 2009 and enter 2010.

Ben, thanks for having this place for us all. It's one thing to truly love the sport and enjoy it as much as we do. It's another thing to be able to interact with those who share the same passion (or obsession... whatever). Many thanks.

There's nothing quite like being a connoisseur of the Noble Art., the Sweet Science... the world of boxing.

Great post man. It was like an Abraham Lincoln speech or something. Well Done!
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 7 2009, 09:42 AM) *
Fighter Of The Year: Manny Pacquiao..THE Pacquiao!
Fight Of The Year: Israel Vazquez vs. Rafael Marquez III/Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz
Upset Of The Year: Rodel Mayol KO 2 Edgar Sosa
Round Of The Year:
KO Of The Year: Pacquiao KO 2 Hatton
Comeback Of The Year: Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Prospect Of The Year: Marvin Sonsona (From prospect to world champion)
Fraud Of The Year: Antonio Margarito

Poster Of The Year: The C.E.O/Snoop/THE Hype
Comeback Poster Of The Year: Warlord!
Funniest Poster: Spyder, Rusty Trombone, STEVENSKI...yeah..alot of them.,,,
Nuthugger Of The Year: STEVENSKI for any Aussie fighter, Stylez For Paul Williams, Fitz for Darchinyan and last but NOT least...Torvix for Pacquiao!
Poster who should be more active: My man Johnny Blaze, My man Roll Deep, My man BlackBelt, and my man PR13!
Poster who has been right in most of his predictions of the year: Yours truly, BigG. laugh.gif

Appreciate the love, brother! Other awards:

Interviewer of the Year: Percy! (Those Toney interviews were priceless!)

Wittiest Poster of the Year: Rusty Trombone (Off the wall hilarity.)

Dumbest mother-fucker of the Year: The Cuntscience (for saying, and more importantly, BELIEVING he could beat up Joe Calzaghe.)

Hater of the Year: Stevenski (Awesome hate too, not the gay petty kind that Nay_Sayer employs)

Most Knowledgable: JD! (Broke down Paq/Cotto well in advance, and never wavered.)

Classiest Poster of the Year: Johnny Blaze. (Never saw you lose your cool, buddy.)

MMA Poster of the Year: Aussielad (Because I can't nominate myself)

Honorable mentions go to: Method, BigG, CEO, col reb, King Eugene, The White Buffalo, BGv.2.0, and Jack.

Dishonorable mentions go to: Reg_1, Sucka-punch, Jermaine, Decagon, and all those other idiots that are sorely missed around these parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.