Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8 oz gloves for Pacqiauo vs mayweather
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Hittman25
i have heard that its agreed a 50/50 spilt and they will fight with 8 oz gloves....thoughts?
Byrd Man
I thought I read somewhere that one of them got 8oz gloves and the other got to fight with 10oz gloves. not sure if that's allowed, so it might not be true what I read.
leonthegee
it's not gonna change the outcome. floyd fought zab with 8oz gloves. floyds still gonna win going away.
STEVENSKI
I would prefer MMA gloves myself or better yet MMA gloves with powdered lead in them.
provo
Im with you leon ,it aint going 2 change the outcome Floyd is still going to Tap that ass!
Pac always needs to come up with something either he drains you in weight or 8 oz gloves has he ever threw on 10oz gloves ??? anything to give him a chance LOL ! But yet he's one of the greatest that won the welterwight title at 145 LOL,, FUCK Pac Man
Game over! And I can't wait for March...

THERE'S ONLY ONEEEEE MAYWEATHERRRRRRRRRRRR!
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 7 2009, 04:58 PM) *
I would prefer MMA gloves myself or better yet MMA gloves with powdered lead in them.

OH, how "Margarito" of you
KookedKrack
damn i might change my pick from Floyd via UD to Floyd via tko
mrwigi
u took the words right outta my mouth

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 7 2009, 07:30 PM) *
it's not gonna change the outcome. floyd fought zab with 8oz gloves. floyds still gonna win going away.

torvix2000
LOL!

Flush uppercuts from Cotto didn't even make Pacquiao blink. That's with 8 oz gloves.
Keith
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 7 2009, 09:30 PM) *
LOL!

Flush uppercuts from Cotto didn't even make Pacquiao blink. That's with 8 oz gloves.

Not only didnt they stop him, they seemed to piss him off and make him fight harder.
provo
Torvix ,Cotto is slow,Flat footed and has No defense what's so ever ! Please explain HOW IS PAC GOING TO BEAT FLOYD ?? Seriously HOW???
Let me guess,put pressure on him ??? LOL aint that everyones game plan ??? And guess what it don't work! Your HGH pac man is going down and yes he's on something, he was NEVER known to kick ass ! Yes he was fast but NEVER knocked out anyone ,all of a sudden gains weight and his fist are harder and has more power ???? LOL
provo
First off 2 years ago Pac fans all they said wasPac was fast ,u never heard anything about Pac knocking anyone out or having power , NOW all of a sudden his Fans " pac is strong and knocks out everyone" LOL" HGH this guy is on something ! Who gains 15 pounds of mass solid muscle and fights twice a year and trains ONLY 7 weeks before a fight! That's 4 months a year ! LOL....
GAME OVER " March 13
Floyd is gonna Tap that ass!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 8 2009, 03:50 AM) *
Your HGH pac man is going down and yes he's on something, he was NEVER known to kick ass !

Prove it Provo. Pac has been kicking arse for years. Please grow up ust a little bit. Jesus I remember when Big G was 13 & he talked a lot more sense than you ever have.
provo
Grow up ust a little ??? Wtf does that mean , make sense next time ! LOL this is a thread right? Im entitled to my opionion! I feel pac does everything he can to come up with bullshit excuses ! And if he was black and talked shit ,people would be hating on him 2 ..and that's the damn truth ..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 8 2009, 03:21 AM) *
Grow up ust a little ??? Wtf does that mean , make sense next time ! LOL this is a thread right? Im entitled to my opionion! I feel pac does everything he can to come up with bullshit excuses ! And if he was black and talked shit ,people would be hating on him 2 ..and that's the damn truth ..

If you had a understanding of English & could not make out I was meaning to type JUST but clearly missed a key & thus JUST became UST then you need to go back to remedial English 101.

If we want to get into semantics what is "opionion"? The least you could do if trying to shitcan someone is ensure your post has proper grammar contained in it first.

See when I call Floyd a coward his displays in not fighting a genuine welterweight in years are backed up by his fight record. You accusing Pac of using HGH is not substantiated in any manner as you have no proof.

I have never heard of Pac giving a excuse it is his manager or trainer whereas Floyd is full of them. Then you bring colour into it for no good reason.

Please just stop it, you make yourself look more stupid with every post you make.
Fadetwist
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 7 2009, 11:21 PM) *

It means you are accusing someone without any proof. That would be character assassination. I swear just because Mayweather Sr. Can't believe the things Pacman does its automatic steroids. Little idiots listening to big idiot.
provo
LOL, he don't fight geniune welterwieghts right? But yet he has agreed to fight Pac in March who is probably the biggest name in boxing and in the welterweight division right?
Camon man regardless who he fights you will still be a hater,if he beats shane you'll say shane is passed his prime ! You haters will always have excuses !
provo
QUOTE (Fadetwist @ Dec 7 2009, 08:27 PM) *
It means you are accusing someone without any proof. That would be character assassination. I swear just because Mayweather Sr. Can't believe the things Pacman does its automatic steroids. Little idiots listening to big idiot.

So what ! I said that's what I feel ,what I can't say what I think? If I said your a Fag does that mean I wrong cause I have no proof ?,,,
I speak my mind bro !
That's the way I feel ....
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 8 2009, 05:33 AM) *
LOL, he don't fight geniune welterwieghts right? But yet he has agreed to fight Pac in March who is probably the biggest name in boxing and in the welterweight division right?
Camon man regardless who he fights you will still be a hater,if he beats shane you'll say shane is passed his prime ! You haters will always have excuses !

Pac will be his first genuine welterweight fight in years. Good for him. Bravo Floyd. Doing what you should have been doing yet pricks like you think I should marvel at it like it is a achievement. Imagine a welter fighting another welter. Where am I bizzaro land?

You got it I am a hater to the bone. I once liked & respected Floyd strangely enough but his actions since 135 have been subpar for a fighter of his alledged caliber.
neophyte7
Baldomir was the welterweight champ PBF beat him... he also beat Zab Judah and Zab early on was at his best... He sat out two years yes... that is the only contention that can be made regardin PBF not fighting a legit welterweight in years. How would little pac do against Baldomir??Just curious how the little man would have done with a big welter

Funny how Marquez can be #3 PFP at time PBF made him look like a child in the ring, and people not give PBF credit for clowning him, a guy that has a victory over Pac man... one of the greatest LMAO
King Eugene
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 8 2009, 09:01 AM) *
Baldomir was the welterweight champ PBF beat him... he also beat Zab Judah and Zab early on was at his best... He sat out two years yes... that is the only contention that can be made regardin PBF not fighting a legit welterweight in years. How would little pac do against Baldomir??Just curious how the little man would have done with a big welter

Are you serious?

He would have ate his ass up! Darting in and out like a freaking rabbit.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 8 2009, 08:01 AM) *

Funny how Marquez can be #3 PFP at time PBF made him look like a child in the ring, and people not give PBF credit for clowning him, a guy that has a victory over Pac man... one of the greatest LMAO

laugh.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 8 2009, 01:01 PM) *

Since you don't want to accept Marquez's excuses, then let's play your game - WITHOUT EXCUSES. LOL! Pacquiao wiped the floor with DLH and knocked Hatton unconscious. Things Gayweather couldn't do in a hundred years.
streetlion1
Gayweather wouldve stopped that older drained version of DLH as well. I give neither that much credit for K.Oing a defenseless bum like Hatton.

The 8oz gloves wont make a difference...skills will. Pacman will have Floyd under fire for maybe the first 4-5rds maybe even scoring a flash knockdown....and then Floyd will adjust and begin to land hard straight rights and big left hooks as Manny comes in. Manny has beatin one good fighter (Cotto) since his fights with Marquez so im not fooled by the hype that he is some unbeatable monster all of a sudden. Floyd wins in 10rds or less by KO/TKO.

Then Gayweather can meet his maker....Shane Mosley.

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Dec 7 2009, 07:58 PM) *

LOL!!!!
Fadetwist
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 7 2009, 11:41 PM) *
So what ! I said that's what I feel ,what I can't say what I think? If I said your a Fag does that mean I wrong cause I have no proof ?,,,
I speak my mind bro !
That's the way I feel ....

Yeah, I'm not playing your game for attention.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 8 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Sounds like you are pretty desperate to be mentioned for a fight hype award. Too bad there hasn't been one for worst posters, because you would have been in the running.

LMAO!!!
D-MARV
Sounds like you are pretty desperate to be mentioned for a fight hype award. Too bad there hasn't been one for worst posters, because you would have been in the running.

LOL.
Orthodoxxx
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 8 2009, 09:01 AM) *

Which victory? The miscalculated draw where one judge should've scored a 10-6 round in the first round when Pacquiao knocked Marquez down three times? Or the second fight when two judges ruled in favor of Pacquiao? Don't forget that Marquez went up two weight divisions to square off with Floyd, and at weigh-ins PBF weighed in four pounds over Marquez and two pounds over catchweight. You don't think that's gonna make a difference?
Hittman25
When the bell rings for the first time for this fight everybody is gonna be so happy just to see what happens whoever wins is the best of this era till someone beats that person, mayweather is a fag but dammit he can whoop some ass wen he feels like it manny is a freak......7 titles........ all he needs is a fight like this one to make him the greatest of all time because whoever fuckin beats mayweather is gonna be a badass and floyd would have alot more credit if he fought the toughest fight possible and for the frist time in his career hes doin just that will see what happens......i think mayweather wins but im pullin for manny.......im fan of boxing not blocking
D-MARV
I wonder how Mayweather would respond if he lost this fight?

Anyways, Ive been watching hours of film on both Pac and Mayweather and there is NO WAY Pacquiao can win. NONE!

caneman
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 8 2009, 09:15 PM) *

Anyways, Ive been watching hours of film on both Pac and Mayweather and there is NO WAY Pacquiao can win. NONE!

NONE? So Chop Chop can rock him & Pacman can't? Castillo can beat him IMO & NO WAY Pacman can? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I mean I hate to say it & think PBoiF wins beat to say NO WAY sounds off somewhat from a poster like you bro!
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Dec 8 2009, 09:22 PM) *
NONE? So Chop Chop can rock him & Pacman can't? Castillo can beat him IMO & NO WAY Pacman can? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I mean I hate to say it & think PBoiF wins beat to say NO WAY sounds off somewhat from a poster like you bro!

Caneman, NONE, LOL. UNless Floyd hurts his hands, I dont see anyway Pac wins this fight. NONE.

I guess this makes me a Hugger... dntknw.gif
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 8 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Caneman, NONE, LOL. UNless Floyd hurts his hands, I dont see anyway Pac wins this fight. NONE.

PBF could hurt his hands on Manny's enormous head. That dome must be really painful to tag... cause dudes just stop hitting it after a while and then fall down.
Douchebag

I agree, unless Pac can hurt May early this fight is really predictable, IMO.
torvix2000
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 9 2009, 03:15 AM) *

"He's using steroids... really. I've felt it." - Floyd
mrwigi
all i know is the skill level of the two fighters is a lot greater than people think...
JD
Floyd wanted 10 oz gloves instead of 8...so I think it is better news for Pacquiao.
neophyte7

Other than the fact that I mistook that fact that Marquez drew with Pac and did not win, I don't see anything illogical in my post that would qualify as one of the worse all time... Bottom line is that PaC has been whipped on in the ring. The last guy PBF made look like a child gave Pac fits... Also, the size factor and the granite chin of Baldomir would have presented problems for little Pac.

It amazes me that people talk as if they are the BIBLE of boxing all by themselves (LMA0) if is that important you... In regards to DLH, Pac fought a physically compromised DLH. Mayweather fought him at his more optimal best... Hatton was taken out by Floyd with basically the same shot Pac took out Hatton.. A left hook. Now are you telling me PAC did not study Mayweather's stoppage of Hatton and find it useful... DLH and Hatton were PBF leftovers. If the roles reversed PBF would be bashed for beating PAC leftovers in Hatton and DLH
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 9 2009, 12:30 PM) *
Other than the fact that I mistook that fact that Marquez drew with Pac and did not win, I don't see anything illogical in my post that would qualify as one of the worse all time... Bottom line is that PaC has been whipped on in the ring. The last guy PBF made look like a child gave Pac fits... Also, the size factor and the granite chin of Baldomir would have presented problems for little Pac.

It amazes me that people talk as if they are the BIBLE of boxing all by themselves (LMA0) if is that important you... In regards to DLH, Pac fought a physically compromised DLH. Mayweather fought him at his more optimal best... Hatton was taken out by Floyd with basically the same shot Pac took out Hatton.. A left hook. Now are you telling me PAC did not study Mayweather's stoppage of Hatton and find it useful... DLH and Hatton were PBF leftovers. If the roles reversed PBF would be bashed for beating PAC leftovers in Hatton and DLH

What do you mean by "Hatton was PBF leftovers?"
Spyder
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 9 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Hatton was taken out by Floyd with basically the same shot Pac took out Hatton.. A left hook.

It was a left cross not a hook...Manny is a southpaw, remember?

It was not the same punch.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 9 2009, 11:30 AM) *

I can guarantee you Pac took nothing from what Floyd did to Hatton and used it. Floyd used a left hook, where Pac as a southpaw threw a straight/overhand left. Totally different. It is funny how you rip on Pac by saying he fought a "physically compromised" Oscar. What the heck would you call Floyd having JMM move up two weight classes from his optimal best??? Pretty damn sure JMM was far from his best also when he fought Floyd. It goes both ways.
Keith
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 9 2009, 10:05 AM) *
Floyd wanted 10 oz gloves instead of 8...so I think it is better news for Pacquiao.

Agree. It doesnt get much simpler then that simple fact.
neophyte7
I can guarantee you Pac took nothing from what Floyd did to Hatton and used it. Floyd used a left hook, where Pac as a southpaw threw a straight/overhand left. Totally different. It is funny how you rip on Pac by saying he fought a "physically compromised" Oscar. What the heck would you call Floyd having JMM move up two weight classes from his optimal best??? Pretty damn sure JMM was far from his best also when he fought Floyd. It goes both ways" LIL Lights Out...

From a stance stand point you can say that it was different punch... but in looking at the tape both punches were left hands to the jaw as Hatton was coming in. Now can you guarantee that Pac did not watch Mayweather measuring Hatton as he dove in head first??? Come on man be honest with yourself. So Pac did not study Mayweather Hatton... LMAO yeah OK
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 9 2009, 05:09 PM) *
I can guarantee you Pac took nothing from what Floyd did to Hatton and used it. Floyd used a left hook, where Pac as a southpaw threw a straight/overhand left. Totally different. It is funny how you rip on Pac by saying he fought a "physically compromised" Oscar. What the heck would you call Floyd having JMM move up two weight classes from his optimal best??? Pretty damn sure JMM was far from his best also when he fought Floyd. It goes both ways" LIL Lights Out...

From a stance stand point you can say that it was different punch... but in looking at the tape both punches were left hands to the jaw as Hatton was coming in. Now can you guarantee that Pac did not watch Mayweather measuring Hatton as he dove in head first??? Come on man be honest with yourself. So Pac did not study Mayweather Hatton... LMAO yeah OK

Even if he did, it was a whole different punch since he's a southpaw, just because it was a left hand doesn't mean squat.

And let's say for a fact that Pacquiao did study the Mayweather fight. How exaclty does that make Hatton a Mayweather left over? By your logic I could say that Hatton was a Collazo left over.
caneman

You ain't a hugger @ all my brother, I just thought NO WAY was a bit harsh (bad way to word it), as to me, Pac has fought better comp the last 3-4 years & I can't think of the last time PBoiF fought a puncher (pacman)that has turned into a pretty damned good boxer as well! And add to the fact that PBoiF wanted those bigger gloves for a reason! I do believe PBoiF will have a little too much for Pac but see it as a 115-113 type of fight! Didn't I read some where that you thought @ least 117-111?

QUOTE (JD @ Dec 9 2009, 10:05 AM) *

Co sign on this to the fifth power! I hope it works out for Pacmonster! I just think he is what a true fighter should be even if his nutt mites get carried away! lolz!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 9 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Also, the size factor and the granite chin of Baldomir would have presented problems for little Pac.

Considering DLH is as big as baldozar & has a granite chin as well I think thatthis is a little far fetched don't you?
neophyte7
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 9 2009, 05:23 PM) *
[/b]

Even if he did, it was a whole different punch since he's a southpaw, just because it was a left hand doesn't mean squat.

And let's say for a fact that Pacquiao did study the Mayweather fight. How exaclty does that make Hatton a Mayweather left over? By your logic I could say that Hatton was a Collazo left over.

I use the term leftovers when a guy is totally dominated. KO'd etc... Hatton was KOd by mayaweather prior to pac... therefore I refer to him as leftovers. Now I am sure you can play the little game of throwing names etc... And as far as I am concerned a left hand is a left hand. The commonality is established. It was left hands that took out Hatton and PBF did it first. AND PLEASE... COLLAZO DID NOT WIN so Hatton could not be his leftover (even though Collazo beat him but it was not total domination, Hatton had his moments)

In studying pacs aggression he too is open for the PBF left hook. He still leads with his head and chin when he darts in and out. The guys he has faced have not been skilled or fast enough to take advantage but Mayweather is and will.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 9 2009, 09:06 PM) *
I use the term leftovers when a guy is totally dominated. KO'd etc... Hatton was KOd by mayaweather prior to pac... therefore I refer to him as leftovers. Now I am sure you can play the little game of throwing names etc... And as far as I am concerned a left hand is a left hand. The commonality is established. It was left hands that took out Hatton and PBF did it first.

In studying pacs aggression he too is open for the PBF left hook. He still leads with his head and chin when he darts in and out. The guys he has faced have not been skilled or fast enough to take advantage but Mayweather is and will.

It's what you do best man. The way I see it Pacquiao took care of the Jr Welterweight champion of the world in 2 rounds and he didn't have to run around the ring and complain to the ref for 10 rounds before he stopped him
neophyte7
Dude, Please... LMAO complain to the ref.... LMAO so you are saying that Hatton was not mentally compromised after being KTFO by Mayweather... come on walking boxing Bible... PBF took the life out of Hatton. he was not the same mentally and Pac faced a fighter not in the same mode of mental strength in my view. PBF was impressive in TKOING the undefeated Hatton and whether you want to admit it or not, softened Hatton mentally
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.