Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shannon Briggs vs Marcus McGee
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Misfit
Just in case you missed the comeback fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOvxk5G6n8
KookedKrack
No thank you sir.
Misfit
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 7 2009, 07:13 PM) *
No thank you sir.

YOU, are very welcome. And You are also gonna be pretty bummed out when Briggs knocks out your favorite heavyweight. Which is inevitable.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Misfit @ Dec 7 2009, 08:27 PM) *
YOU, are very welcome. And You are also gonna be pretty bummed out when Briggs knocks out your favorite heavyweight. Which is inevitable.

1- I do not have a favorite heavyweight since the current crop is hot garbage.

2- Briggs isn't knocking out anyone decent since he will most likely be out of breathe after his ringwalk

3- If you are not Shannon Briggs you need to re evaluate your life choices breh because being a stan for any heavyweight these days is pretty damn pitiful.
Misfit
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 7 2009, 07:39 PM) *

2- Briggs isn't knocking out anyone decent since he will most likely be out of breathe after his ringwalk

3- If you are not Shannon Briggs you need to re evaluate your life choices breh because being a stan for any heavyweight these days is pretty damn pitiful.

I knew an answer like this would come from fighthype but I was ready for it.

You're right, the current heavyweight division right now is not exactly top notch representation, that's why Briggs coming back is a good thing. He is going to climb fast this time around and you'll see how much his stamina has improved. He has a large group of supporters, has raised money for asthma, and now has been preparing for war until he brings this belt back. Yea Wlad may take some time to beat but Vitale probably wont even be around to fight him. I don't see him lasting much longer at all. And Finally, I'm no "Stan" for heavyweights. Shannon is a friend of mine that's why I know how hard he's been training and how much he's improved. And don't call me biased now because of that. I have been an avid boxing follower a long time and can give an objective opinion. I believe he can.

Jeremy Shirk
thehype
QUOTE (Misfit @ Dec 8 2009, 12:22 AM) *

You're right, the current heavyweight division right now is not exactly top notch representation, that's why Briggs coming back is a good thing. He is going to climb fast this time around and you'll see how much his stamina has improved. He has a large group of supporters, has raised money for asthma, and now has been preparing for war until he brings this belt back. Yea Wlad may take some time to beat but Vitale probably wont even be around to fight him. I don't see him lasting much longer at all. And Finally, I'm no "Stan" for heavyweights. Shannon is a friend of mine that's why I know how hard he's been training and how much he's improved. And don't call me biased now because of that. I have been an avid boxing follower a long time and can give an objective opinion. I believe he can.

Jeremy Shirk

Whoa, whoa, whoa...I wouldn't say this answer came from "fighthype"...that answer came from "KookedKrack" and he does not speak for FightHype. I do! You're free and welcome to post whatever you like regarding Shannon Briggs. Obviously some people are going to be interested, as evidenced by the simple fact that this thread is getting views. Admittedly, I clicked in here to check it out. Truth be told, I would LOVE for Shannon to do something, ANYTHING in the heavyweight division. I can barely even bring myself to fake interest in the division. I mean, you know it's bad when you're actually hoping that Bernard Hopkins will move up and fight James Toney, yes, JAMES TONEY at heavyweight. LOL. I'll be rooting for Shannon though...of course, I root for any heavyweight who's not named Klitschko...I just need someone to bring me some excitement. Those Klits are freaking boring, even when they're knocking guys out. That's pretty bad. I never knew someone could be so boring while scoring a knockout, but those Klits sure have mastered it. It's effective, no doubt, I can't deny that, but it's just so boring. Of course, I guess the same could be said about David Haye's performance against Valuev. Ah man...now all this talk about the division has got me sinking into a funk. Just tell Shannon good luck, and if Toney can't get ol' Snaggletooth or Nipples in the ring, maybe he'll hit him up.

By the way, I saw you had some Get 'Em Boy vids. What's up with those? Are you affiliated with them? Do you know Lou Ramos?

As for YOU KookedKrack...I can't even lie, when I read your post, I laughed my ass off because, quite frankly, that was funny. That's why it's nice to have a good sense of humor when posting on message boards...that kind of stuff makes you chuckle and appreciate it.

laugh.gif

Oh yeah...I almost forgot...

MABUHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misfit
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 7 2009, 11:58 PM) *
Whoa, whoa, whoa...I wouldn't say this answer came from "fighthype"...that answer came from "KookedKrack" and he does not speak for FightHype. I do! You're free and welcome to post whatever you like regarding Shannon Briggs. Obviously some people are going to be interested, as evidenced by the simple fact that this thread is getting views. Admittedly, I clicked in here to check it out. Truth be told, I would LOVE for Shannon to do something, ANYTHING in the heavyweight division. I can barely even bring myself to fake interest in the division. I mean, you know it's bad when you're actually hoping that Bernard Hopkins will move up and fight James Toney, yes, JAMES TONEY at heavyweight. LOL. I'll be rooting for Shannon though...of course, I root for any heavyweight who's not named Klitschko...I just need someone to bring me some excitement. Those Klits are freaking boring, even when they're knocking guys out. That's pretty bad. I never knew someone could be so boring while scoring a knockout, but those Klits sure have mastered it. It's effective, no doubt, I can't deny that, but it's just so boring. Of course, I guess the same could be said about David Haye's performance against Valuev. Ah man...now all this talk about the division has got me sinking into a funk. Just tell Shannon good luck, and if Toney can't get ol' Snaggletooth or Nipples in the ring, maybe he'll hit him up.

By the way, I saw you had some Get 'Em Boy vids. What's up with those? Are you affiliated with them? Do you know Lou Ramos?

As for YOU KookedKrack...I can't even lie, when I read your post, I laughed my ass off because, quite frankly, that was funny. That's why it's nice to have a good sense of humor when posting on message boards...that kind of stuff makes you chuckle and appreciate it.

The only reason I said "I knew an answer like this would come from fighthype" is because there seems to be a bunch of kids that just flame peoples posts/ opinions in really immature ways here.

I agree with almost all the fights you mentioned...key word.. But Yes, We are all hoping that he will make a strong comeback. All we can do is have faith in him. It would be nice to have a solid name fighting the war to get rid of the Klitch's.... Yes I do know Lou Ramos I spoke with him earlier. I also do promotional videos (hence me flying out to film Brigg's fight last week) animations and tweek people logos out and just about anything else to do with graphics and boxing. So I did a bit of work for them as well. That's how I know Lou and Katina...and Damien.
King Eugene
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 7 2009, 09:39 PM) *

roflmao...my stomach was hurting after reading this. I dont see Briggs beating anyone worth watching let alone anyone that will help him go up in the rankings to get a title shot.
thehype
QUOTE (Misfit @ Dec 8 2009, 02:48 AM) *
The only reason I said "I knew an answer like this would come from fighthype" is because there seems to be a bunch of kids that just flame peoples posts/ opinions in really immature ways here.

I TOTALLY disagree with that statement. I might be biased, but I've been around here for YEARS and have spoken to a lot of people who don't flame posts/opinions in an immature way. I mean, that's a pretty sweeping statement to make for someone with only 8 posts. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume you've been a long-time visitor, but are now a first-time poster...which is cool...but let's keep it real, there's A LOT, and I mean A LOT of immaturity and flaming that goes on in a TON of other boards out there. Boxingscene, Doghouse, Eastsideboxing, Saddoboxing and even Boxrec and Maxboxing all come to mind, but hey, I won't pretend like we don't have guys that do it at times too. Quite frankly, that's just the nature of the beast. When you have a forum that's open to the public, you're going to get a lot of characters that come out of the woodworks. However, that being said, I think we actually have one of the better boards when it comes to weeding out people like that. Not for nothing, but I really didn't even think KookedKrack's post was even immature...I mean, if the guy doesn't like Briggs and says "no thank you sir", then so be it...to each their own. I hardly think, however, that's his posts speak for or are representative of all the people that post here (or those like yourself who may just be long-time visitors). In my opinion, that's an immature assumption. But hey, like I said, to each their own...if that's your opinion of this community, I highly doubt I'll be able to change it a couple of posts...of course, I don't mind trying.

QUOTE (Misfit @ Dec 8 2009, 02:48 AM) *
I agree with almost all the fights you mentioned...key word.. But Yes, We are all hoping that he will make a strong comeback. All we can do is have faith in him. It would be nice to have a solid name fighting the war to get rid of the Klitch's.... Yes I do know Lou Ramos I spoke with him earlier. I also do promotional videos (hence me flying out to film Brigg's fight last week) animations and tweek people logos out and just about anything else to do with graphics and boxing. So I did a bit of work for them as well. That's how I know Lou and Katina...and Damien.

Very cool. I know them too. In fact, I gotta hit Lou up myself come to think of it. At least he doesn't think we're just a bunch of kids around here.

laugh.gif

Anyway, right on. Like I said, if Toney can't lock down Snaggletooth or Nipples, I'll sincerely tell him to think about doing something with Briggs.
Byrd Man
Best of luck to Shannon. Always felt he was a very interesting and good addition to the HW mix.
Misfit
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 8 2009, 03:13 AM) *
I TOTALLY disagree with that statement. I might be biased, but I've been around here for YEARS and have spoken to a lot of people who don't flame posts/opinions in an immature way. I mean, that's a pretty sweeping statement to make for someone with only 8 posts. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume you've been a long-time visitor,

Very cool. I know them too. In fact, I gotta hit Lou up myself come to think of it. At least he doesn't think we're just a bunch of kids around here.

Anyway, right on. Like I said, if Toney can't lock down Snaggletooth or Nipples, I'll sincerely tell him to think about doing something with Briggs.

I have been a long time visitor here. I read more than I post. I am not the only one with this opinion either. This place is great for casual conversation and goofing around but for an actual intellectual conversation about boxing....ya really gotta choose your words or you will get flamed by a lot of people. I have seen it here for years. BUT, You coming here and trying to clear that up reassures me that there are still adults here. I may post more often just to see.

But yea, Go Briggs.
Misfit
I didn't mean to click the button again.... "DELETE POST" Greets.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Misfit @ Dec 8 2009, 01:22 AM) *

Jeremy Shirk

dry.gif Really Breh?

Me? One little poster out of thousands represents all of "Fighthype the G.O.A.T." boxing website? Be honest if Shannon wasn't your friend would you really give 2 fucks about him? You admit the current crop of heavies isn't top notch representation and your boy can't even beat them. So what does that really say about him scrap?
ROLL DEEP
I like Shannon Briggs, but I REALLY can't see him doing anything in the division.

Shoot, that was a 'comeback' fight? Watch that fight again and just watch his opponent - he didn't do anything. Anything. At all. It was like a 50% speed sparring session - you know, like the warm up ones at the gym? Pffffft.

Based on that 'comeback' fight, Wlad, Haye, Toney, Enzo Calzaghe, Roger Mayweather and Freddie Roach would beat him.

I'm only playing.....Freddie would lose.

Seriously, like I said, I like Shannon. Always enjoyed seeing him fight, but I doubt he can do much now.

Misfit
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Dec 8 2009, 11:38 AM) *
I like Shannon Briggs, but I REALLY can't see him doing anything in the division.

Shoot, that was a 'comeback' fight? Watch that fight again and just watch his opponent - he didn't do anything. Anything. At all. It was like a 50% speed sparring session - you know, like the warm up ones at the gym? Pffffft.

Based on that 'comeback' fight, Wlad, Haye, Toney, Enzo Calzaghe, Roger Mayweather and Freddie Roach would beat him.

I'm only playing.....Freddie would lose.

Seriously, like I said, I like Shannon. Always enjoyed seeing him fight, but I doubt he can do much now.

Only time will tell. And I will stay hopefull as we all are. I would really like to see him in a good fight as well. And that "comeback" fight wasn't a good chance too see his ability. We'll see what happens in L.A. next month.
Lil-lightsout
Just watched it. That was pitiful. That opponent was straight up garbage, and Shannon looked a little heavy and slow. I realize it was only the first round.I always thought Shannon seemed like an okay guy, but his dedication was lacking. I doubt he will really make any real noise in the division, but good luck to him anyway.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Misfit @ Dec 8 2009, 02:00 PM) *
Only time will tell. And I will stay hopefull as we all are. I would really like to see him in a good fight as well. And that "comeback" fight wasn't a good chance too see his ability. We'll see what happens in L.A. next month.

Me too. I'd like to see Shannon in the mix. I like him and think he'd be good in the division to mix it up a little, but I'm not holding my breath.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 8 2009, 06:06 PM) *
We have a lot of knowledgeable posters on here, the thing is people do like to goof around and have fun. The board would get boring awfully quick if you had every guy like Jack1000 (no disrespect Jack, you know your stuff, but you are a serious poster which there is nothing wrong with, but if everyone was like that, it would be pretty bland).

laugh.gif I just found that pretty funny.

Jack does get bent out of shape about Mayweather talk and is not his normal self when discussing him.
The CEO
laugh.gif

This thread had me at "no thank you sir"...

QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 8 2009, 06:06 PM) *
We have a lot of knowledgeable posters on here, the thing is people do like to goof around and have fun. The board would get boring awfully quick if you had every guy like Jack1000 (no disrespect Jack, you know your stuff, but you are a serious poster which there is nothing wrong with, but if everyone was like that, it would be pretty bland).
The other thing is, when new guys come a lot of guys give them a little bit of a hard time, usually they don't handle it well and head off soon after or they take it well and not everything at face value, and just become a regular poster. Keith comes to mind, I remember when he first joined, C.E.O tried to ruffle his feathers, Keith handled it well and don't take everything so serious. A lot of good posters on here, you just need to learn not to take every ones bait and take a bite at it, lol.

I had to look that up....and actually....Keith was new to the board and tryin' to ruffle MY feathers...lol

He didn't like that I said Pacquiao would whoop Mosley at 140....we went back and forth for a minute...I felt like he wasn't being respectful so I started givin' it to him a little...ended up callin' him the traditional "n00b"...he called me "Mr. 5,000 Post Man"....and so on and so forth....it was a very customary altercation....totally by the book.

Shit got straightened out in that very thread...we were both adults about it....within a month later, we were totally cool with each other...laughin' together...givin' props to each other's posts and all that....I even declared him "my favorite new poster"....as if he had never disrespected me...lol

Anyway...if you think THIS board is bad, Misfit...you haven't been around.
thefloatingmonkey
I am really hoping we don't have to watch any more Shannon Briggs fights. He is 38 now and has zero stamina. I was hoping he was going to hang em up after the fight with Sultan two years ago. He just fought a guy with a record of 22-17 and won, don't think this is anything to get excited about.
Misfit
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Dec 8 2009, 06:37 PM) *
I am really hoping we don't have to watch any more Shannon Briggs fights. He is 38 now and has zero stamina. I was hoping he was going to hang em up after the fight with Sultan two years ago. He just fought a guy with a record of 22-17 and won, don't think this is anything to get excited about.

Well, next fight...Jan 8. L.A. Watch it if you like. I know i'm excited.
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 8 2009, 09:48 PM) *
My bad, I just assumed it would have been the newbie that got his feathers ruffled, lol.

laugh.gif

I was in a bad mood and lookin' for an E-Fight...you know how it goes...lol
Romulus9
QUOTE (Misfit @ Dec 8 2009, 09:50 PM) *
Well, next fight...Jan 8. L.A. Watch it if you like. I know i'm excited.

You think the next Shannon Briggs fight is exciting?

Just get yourself ready for December 12th! The vacant IBU Cruiserweight Championship is on the line, in Nigeria, as Bobby Gunn (yes, THAT Bobby Gunn) takes on Bash Ali. You remember Bash Ali don't you? He's the one that lost a bid for the WBA Cruiserweight Title to Bobby Czyz...

in 1991.

You see, Bash Ali is 53 years old.

Talk about exciting! You might lose bladder control if you get a video of that one, so just stick to the next Briggs fight.

Truth be told, I always liked Shannon but he needs a lot of work, especially in his current condition, to do ANYTHING of note in the division, even as bad as it is at present. How he got the decision over Foreman escapes me to this day. That was 117-111, 9 rounds to 3, at at worst. What a joke.

Best to Shannon. I hope he gets it together and does well for himself.
King Eugene
I think its funny how we can talk shit to each other all day but as soon as an "outsider" comes in and bash the boards we team up like its the olympics. LOL
Romulus9
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 9 2009, 12:16 AM) *
I think its funny how we can talk shit to each other all day but as soon as an "outsider" comes in and bash the boards we team up like its the olympics. LOL

Just like family.
Misfit
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 9 2009, 12:37 AM) *
Just like family.

I'll grow on you guys....I'm not going anywhere. And I will always support Shannon. Everyone has their fav's, opinions and friends here and we all love boxing so what more is there to say. I know i'm a new guy around these parts and I understand when someone comes on my block I do the same On the forums that I have been an active part in for many years we do the same thing. I would expect nothing less. Let us continue. *un-ruffles feathers*
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Shit, I'm a huge Spinks fan and don't get that much grief...

Anyway, I remember McGee from a few years ago when he almost beat Michael Grant at the Target Center. That was an extremely ugly fight, and McGee has probably gone further downhill from that. Briggs is ok, but imo he won't get to the top level again. No way he beats either Klitschko or even gets a fight with them. I'd like to see him get a fight with Arreola or Peter right now though. That'd be a decent fight for him. I just can't get the picture of him not being busy enough against Goofi Whitaker or whatever he calls himself now back in 02. Best of luck to Briggs though, but I just don't see it happening.
Romulus9
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 9 2009, 09:55 PM) *
I just can't get the picture of him not being busy enough against Goofi Whitaker or whatever he calls himself now back in 02. Best of luck to Briggs though, but I just don't see it happening.

Briggs?

He never fought Lance Whitaker.

Are you thinking about the Jameel McCline fight? It's also tough to top the 8 round majority decision loss to Sedreck Fields.
Misfit
All he needs is a few wins to have that shot at the Klitch bros. I was 2 feet away when Emanuel Steward said those exact words to Briggs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.