Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Chris Arreola ever be a champion
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
paete1611
he said he was coming back better than ever but came at a career heavy of 163.
Chris Arreola: Skills Plus Heart Minus Discipline Equals A Contender
JLUVBABY
not looking like he looked saturday night... had chris been fighting lets say a sam peter that would have fought him similar but had the power to really lay him down i think peter would have knocked him out saturday... i used to be big on chris aareola and even talked noise in his defense going into his fight last saturday but even though he weighed more it looked like he put on a little muscle so thats not what bothered me... what bothered me is that minto was able to hit him like he did... tony thompson wears down and beats him if they fight... imo...
Romulus9
Presently, he's a big, fat target with above average natural skill. It will likely get him a belt but not a meaningful championship. A big, fat, slow, old Frans Botha is a belt holder, but that belt is going away in January anyway.

If he showed discipline and got himself around 230, in good shape with good cardio and focus, perhaps he'd make more legit noise in the division. As he is now, he will do nothing of note. I hope he enjoyed the wins over Jameel McCline and Chazz Witherspoon.
provo
QUOTE (paete1611 @ Dec 9 2009, 05:20 PM) *
he said he was coming back better than ever but came at a career heavy of 163.
Chris Arreola: Skills Plus Heart Minus Discipline Equals A Contender

??? 163?????
Chris Arreola is GARBAGE he fukin sucks. Has NO skills what so ever ! For the hype this guy gets just proves that the heavyweight division sucks..... I told everyone Vitali would kick his ass , Mike tyson could come back and beat this BUM.....
I want 2 see James Toney fight him so I could see Arreola get his ass kicked...
D-MARV
Arreola has no discipline. He will NEVER be champ. Not while the Klitschko's here.
caneman
He could be @ about 225 be he will never did it so his chances ain't very good @ this point...add to that, the fact that there are so many real super heavies out there that actually are in shape & whew...poor Chris might be crying in the ring for a few fights til stops eating so much & chasing it down with a keg of beer! lol!
mrwigi
clapping.gif laugh.gif
Snoop
Without discipline Chris will never be a champion, well, a legitimate champion. I mean he was getting tagged up by Brian Minto for christssakes. Brian fucking Minto.
MarzB
The thing that holds him up IMO is he has quick hands or should I say quicker than the average heavyweight.

I'm not a fan of his but then again unless they're above average skill heavyweights (which he is NOT) I'm generally not a fan of that division anyways.

Even with the crop of champions today (even if that Kingpin guy wins tomorrow) I say emphatically "NO" he won't.

Let me qualify that by saying he could win that fringe WBO (sighing) belt in some eliminator. But I don't see him beating Klichsko's, Haye, or Povetkin. Those are the top heavies IMO
SmartyBeardo
With all the belts nowadays, anything is possible. It is embarrassing that a guy in worse shape than I am at more than twice his age has been the great American heavyweight hope.

Where's KENSOFUNNY 6'2", ripped abs, bloody knuckles when America needs him?
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 11 2009, 12:39 AM) *
Where's KENSOFUNNY 6'2", ripped abs, bloody knuckles when America needs him?

laugh.gif

Hopefully he won't win.

Not because I dislike him, but the division is in a mess now, and the last thing we need is a fat bloke to be the poster boy for the boxing world as heavyweight champs normally are.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.