Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones Vs. Bernard Hopkins
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
neophyte7
THE REASON THERE HAVE been no replies is because this is a no brainer... Hopkins hands down. RJJ further tarnishes his legacy with each loss, stoppage...

Hopkins should be criticized if he fights the vegetable... really I love Hopkins and I am sure he would not mind beating up on Jones just to avenge his loss LMAO-- Roy Jones is disgusting and he is overrated... No way in hell he should be ranked ahead of Hopkins all time...
Maxy
I don't know....I mean, I genuinely believe that prime for prime when they are both at the very top of their game, Jones beats Hopkins every time.

Hopkins is a brilliant fighter, no doubt about it, I just think that on his day Jones was nigh on unbeatable.
Keith
I wonder when Method drops in and proves his point.
Keith
QUOTE (Maxy @ Dec 11 2009, 05:52 PM) *
I don't know....I mean, I genuinely believe that prime for prime when they are both at the very top of their game, Jones beats Hopkins every time.

Hopkins is a brilliant fighter, no doubt about it, I just think that on his day Jones was nigh on unbeatable.

I would agree. Every time. Just too fast of hands, feet, and reflexes for Hopkins to bring his skill to bear.
neophyte7
Why did Roy avoid fighting Hop again then... look at what Hop did to Tarver at 41 Hop has had a more record setting career hands down in my view. The question is who is higher all time. Roy get too much credit for his dominance prior to being KTFO by Tarver. I mean Hop is 45 and still able to win. That says alot in terms of alltime rank. Hop is phenomenal and when he leaves the sport it will be a while before seeing a fighter past 35 dominate like he has.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 11 2009, 05:54 PM) *
I wonder when Method drops in and proves his point.

I am pretty confident he has Hops over Roy in overall greatness.

Prime for prime I will take Roy. But overall and longevity, Hopkins wins. Roy to me is actually making it worse on himself.
Method
Yeah. I got Hopkins ALL day. He'd of boxed circles around John fucking Ruiz too.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 11 2009, 06:49 PM) *
Yeah. I got Hopkins ALL day. He'd of boxed circles around John fucking Ruiz too.

laugh.gif
Keith

Ya no doubt. In terms of overall greatness I would have no problem putting Hopkins over Roy. Prime vs Prime I think Roy wins easily.

Please dont ban me. worried_anim.gif
Method
Prime versus Prime I don't even think Roy wins easily. But its not big deal. I have no problem with anyone that thinks otherwise, but they were NOT in their respective primes when they fought in '93.
Keith
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 11 2009, 06:59 PM) *
Prime versus Prime I don't even think Roy wins easily. But its not big deal. I have no problem with anyone that thinks otherwise, but they were NOT in their respective primes when they fought in '93.

Agree, they were not in their respective primes.
Method
Please dont ban me.

Not at all, my man. Its all good. We're all entitled to our opinions.
Keith
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 11 2009, 08:32 PM) *
Not at all, my man. Its all good. We're all entitled to our opinions.

Method, I was kidding.... I know your better then that.
KookedKrack

smile_anim.gif

In their primes Hopkin's makes Roy his bitch imo......I think he would maul him and the dirty tactics alone would have Roy discouraged.
King Eugene
In their Primes every fight would look like the first fight. BHop wouldn't be able to catch Roy to maul him and use his dirty tactics.
Spyder
Why do people think that Bernard got better from '93, but Roy stayed the same?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 12 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Why do people think that Bernard got better from '93, but Roy stayed the same?

I have no earthly idea!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 11 2009, 09:40 PM) *
smile_anim.gif

In their primes Hopkin's makes Roy his bitch imo......I think he would maul him and the dirty tactics alone would have Roy discouraged.

Come on Jimmi. Take that blunt outta yo fat lipped mouth, grab your collar and slam that coconut against the mirror a few times. Roy doesn't get touched by Barnyard Hopskins if both in primetime.
King Eugene
Hopkins is boxings Darrell Green
neophyte7
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 12 2009, 03:04 AM) *
Hopkins is boxings Darrell Green

I would say he is boxings Barry Bonds without being blacklisted... Does anyone recall that after Hopkins destroyed Trinidad and they had to take Tito's already engraved name off of the SRR trophy, that he was forever banned from fight at MSG???
SmartyBeardo
I went off last night, but let's clear all of the lovey-dovey excrement out of the way. I never liked RJJ but I cannot deny his domination of his era. Stop with the Hopkins fantasies. His career is notable but tainted. All you all that think a mugger is more exciting, and deserves more respect, than a boxer of superior, almost inhuman skills, will not be convinced that RJJ was on a completely superior level to anything that BH ever achieved. Quite simply, BH would not land a significant blow on RJJ given both at their primes.

Period.
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 13 2009, 02:55 AM) *
Quite simply, BH would not land a significant blow on RJJ given both at their primes.

Period.

D-MARV
Quite simply, BH would not land a significant blow on RJJ given both at their primes.

Period.

QUOTE (Method @ Dec 16 2009, 11:46 AM) *

LOL
Hittman25
hopkins no doubt

because roy jones was a freak of nature knockin people around and beating hopkins early in their careers and james toney but thats about it because now that mothafucka is falling off bad he should just stop

and wat has hopkins done he's ruled the middlewieght divison knocking out a great trinadad edging out a younger kelly pavlik and he beat tarver witch jones has lost twice too and plus in thier calzage fights hopkins looked way better

all i got to say is wen these guys were gonna fight for the rematch they took tune up fights and guess what hopkins won his and roy got knocked out that should tell you alot

HOpkins is a warrior and he proly wont stop boxing til hes fifty because hes always ready.... roy on the other hand got too much green and is not as hungry as he was so fuck em

blackbelt2003
RJJ by a close margin.

People talk about longevity, but Roy was p4p 1 for like 10 years...how is that not longevity? I don't factor in Roy's decline to much, because what happens when you hit 40 shouldn't impact how good you were in your twenties and thirties IMO.

I think B-Hop and Roy are undoubtedly the best of the era, with only Chavez and Pernell from the previous era to challenge them in the last twenty years. Floyd and Pac have a long way to go to replicate what they did, but looking at it as objectively as possible, I tyhink Roy was just a touch ahead of B-Hop.

Black
AlexanderTheGreat
Invalid Video Link
jlupi
Prime vs prime roy wins.

Fistic accomplishments thats way tighter. Roy was P4P #1-#2 for a long time (remember him batteling for this spot w pea?)but hops career just keeps going and going and going. roy pissed away a lot of years w little compitition and/or playing the risk/reward game
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.