Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao's Ring IQ Getting Overlooked??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
paete1611
Don't Underestimate Pacquiao's Ring IQ
JLUVBABY
is this sporthype boxing site an affiliate of fight hype or are you trying to promote your website?
provo
WoW! LOL ,first off Manny is a Good fighter and entertaining but seriously this man has NO boxing skills.so don't use him and the sweetscience in the same sentence ,he just hopes arounds and swings with his eyes closed and head down.. This man can't even throw a damn proper jab! LOL...
And for those that get hurt I said He's a Good FIGHTER and entertaining BUT BOXING skills ??? NO..
caneman
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 9 2009, 08:58 PM) *
WoW! LOL ,first off Manny is a Good fighter and entertaining but seriously this man has NO boxing skills.so don't use him and the sweetscience in the same sentence ,he just hopes arounds and swings with his eyes closed and head down.. This man can't even throw a damn proper jab! LOL...
And for those that get hurt I said He's a Good FIGHTER and entertaining BUT BOXING skills ??? NO..

With what you said here, you lost the little bit of credibility you had in my eyes! You don't know what you are talking about in my opinion & I bet never boxed a round in your life! I would put you on ignore but you are good for a laugh....the bad part is it's when you are not trying to be funny!
provo
Sorry CANE ! But that's the way I feel , Maybe its Roach the reason I hate him so much ... But seriously I think he has No skills BOXING wise , he's a good fighter though ,there's a difference ... ! And I started Boxing when I was 8 bro in and out of it my whole life after my dad passed away in 94 It was hard for me to stay committed then I started having kids LOL.
D-MARV
Pac is a very good boxer.
CyruS
The fuck is up this? More hits for a blog.
JLUVBABY
one of the mods need to close and delete all this guys bullshit threads... he just came on here and flooded the threads with his website for hits or whatever and left.. ask me this cat paete1611 should be banned... unless his website is affiliated with this one...
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 9 2009, 08:15 PM) *
one of the mods need to close and delete all this guys bullshit threads... he just came on here and flooded the threads with his website for hits or whatever and left.. ask me this cat paete1611 should be banned... unless his website is affiliated with this one...

The guy who wrote this is Oliver Suarez. He is a boxing writer who specializes in all things Pacquiao or Philipino. Hype has posted regularly some of his writings on the front page of FightHype. He's a good writer.
kidbazooka1
Manny has improved his skills big time but when it comes down to it he's a fighter at heart.
DatuLakandula
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 9 2009, 09:58 PM) *

LOL! are you sure your a boxing fan? do you really know what boxing means? it is called fist fighting. Manny is an exceptional boxer, he defied what the book of boxing has written, that makes him special. many are so called boxing expert couldnt understand Manny's style it is because it is so unique that others calls it awkward, that is why they underrate his skill. Manny's style is revolutionary that it is not found in the book of "experts in boxing". Like Galileo, he was condemned by so called scientist/analyst because he proved that there is more advance technique that the previous boxing knowledge. And regarding to your called sweet science"? Science is constantly changing bro thats why you are reading this comment with your pc, IT IS CALLED IMPROVEMENT IN SCIENCE.without development maybe we are still living in stone age. Same with boxing, its improving every generation, and maybe it is Manny who opened this new era in boxing science. dont hate roach, you must thank him for what he have done. maybe it was fate that Manny and Roach worked together. Manny is a fighter who wants constant improvement, and Roach is a trainer who wants to experiment. So before you comment about Manny's boxing skills, try to ask 1st Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Diaz, Dela Hoya, Hatton, and Cotto. You just hate Manny because it was not floyd that makes this extraordinary feat. i like floyd but he shows the same skill every fight, he is good but not exceptional, undefeated but not tested.
PR316
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 10 2009, 07:01 AM) *
Manny has improved his skills big time but when it comes down to it he's a fighter at heart.

Thats the way I feel. Through the years he's improved his right hand(He can throw hooks and uppercuts well with it and has a quick jab), his footwork, and his defense.

But he wins mostly on his hand speed, INHUMAN workrate, and his ability to punch from angles.

He's a fighter, first and foremost.
MarzB
To me he's a puncher. Punching is only one aspect of boxing. I get so sick of people saying because he does the least common denominator, easily recognizeable things that makes him the epitome of a boxer which he is not.

That article was a waste of a click frankly.

My issues with him (boxing wise) is he shows little adjustments, an inability to fight laterally or backwards. Fair to POOR defense, TERRIBLE and I mean flat out TERRIBLE balance. What he's done without having these skills is damn good but I'm sorry, I'm NOT putting Marquez or Morales fights past him where we've not only seen him in tough fights but befuddled at times.

The biggest improvement I've seen in his game since the first Marquez fight was he's added a right hand to his arsenal. He doesn't jab to get inside, he hopes to overwhelmed you or do one slip and jump in while punching. Thats to me too much of a reliance on physical tools.

I personally like fighters who not only bring in physical tools but an understanding of the nuances let alone the above what I mentioned.

Pacquiao = ring IQ fair-average..
torvix2000
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 10 2009, 07:17 PM) *
My issues with him (boxing wise) is he shows little adjustments, an inability to fight laterally or backwards. Fair to POOR defense, TERRIBLE and I mean flat out TERRIBLE balance. What he's done without having these skills is damn good but I'm sorry, I'm NOT putting Marquez or Morales fights past him where we've not only seen him in tough fights but befuddled at times.

LOL! You belong to the so called set of "experts".
jp
QUOTE (DatuLakandula @ Dec 10 2009, 12:57 PM) *
LOL! are you sure your a boxing fan? do you really know what boxing means? it is called fist fighting. Manny is an exceptional boxer, he defied what the book of boxing has written, that makes him special. many are so called boxing expert couldnt understand Manny's style it is because it is so unique that others calls it awkward, that is why they underrate his skill. Manny's style is revolutionary that it is not found in the book of "experts in boxing". Like Galileo, he was condemned by so called scientist/analyst because he proved that there is more advance technique that the previous boxing knowledge. And regarding to your called sweet science"? Science is constantly changing bro thats why you are reading this comment with your pc, IT IS CALLED IMPROVEMENT IN SCIENCE.without development maybe we are still living in stone age. Same with boxing, its improving every generation, and maybe it is Manny who opened this new era in boxing science. dont hate roach, you must thank him for what he have done. maybe it was fate that Manny and Roach worked together. Manny is a fighter who wants constant improvement, and Roach is a trainer who wants to experiment. So before you comment about Manny's boxing skills, try to ask 1st Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Diaz, Dela Hoya, Hatton, and Cotto. You just hate Manny because it was not floyd that makes this extraordinary feat. i like floyd but he shows the same skill every fight, he is good but not exceptional, undefeated but not tested.

laugh.gif
Keith
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 10 2009, 02:01 AM) *

Agree with this as well, but he's not just a fighter at heart...... Manny's also my hero.

You been enjoying the sig kid? fuck.gif

jp
Floyd's Ring IQ>Pac's Ring IQ, I think that is what is going to be the difference in this fight.

Manny is going to miss a lot more punches than he's used to and he will also be getting hit by more clean shots than he's used to. I'm not sure how he deal's with that and I'm not sure what his plan B and C will look like if Floyd can nuetralize his offense. He's not going to out box him and I don't see pac muscling up and overpowering floyd either.
Keith
I would like to add an intangible I feel may be overlooked....

Manny responds when he's hit. His defense isnt superb but he has that special quality that is a tad rare even among the great fighters of recent memory. He ALWAYS responds. Manny will attack and throw as many punches as he needs to win each and every battle of every round for the length of the fight. I cant say that about Floyd. He seems to be very complacent with just winning rounds. I am curious how he responds when he has a pitbull on him. Will he?.... or will he run or wither like everyone else. I think its a 50/50 fight and I believe Floyd is going to get hit.
MarzB
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 10 2009, 07:00 PM) *
LOL! You belong to the so called set of "experts".

I don't know what thats supposed to mean anyways.

And Keith, I can think of plenty of times Manny's been hit flush and he's done a poor Zab "chicken dance" imitation as opposed to Floyd. Lets see; DLH, Zab, Chop Chop and Chico have all landed flush at points on Floyd (Zab & Chop probably landing some of the highlight blows) and while Floyd was DEFINITELY dazed, he didn't react as you say he did. He pretty much knows when he's hit flush how either to counter it or get into a defensive shell.
The CEO
I see the title of this thread and how many people out there feel this is a pick 'em, and I think...."No....Mayweather's Boxing IQ is being overlooked....as well as his Defense, Reach, Reflexes, and Punch Precision."

Manny Pacquiao is in trouble, boys.....Roach knows it...Manny, himself, knows it...even that slow, one eyed boy who carries spit buckets at Wild Card knows it.

He will show up and try his little heart out....but he's gonna get hit with every punch in the book...until it is over.

So for all you Pacmaniacs....don't feel bad for him when it all goes down....by saying he was ready to fight Mayweather, that tells me he knows the deal and is ready to accept his fate...and ofcourse all the money that comes along with it.
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 11 2009, 01:33 AM) *
I don't know what thats supposed to mean anyways.

And Keith, I can think of plenty of times Manny's been hit flush and he's done a poor Zab "chicken dance" imitation as opposed to Floyd. Lets see; DLH, Zab, Chop Chop and Chico have all landed flush at points on Floyd (Zab & Chop probably landing some of the highlight blows) and while Floyd was DEFINITELY dazed, he didn't react as you say he did. He pretty much knows when he's hit flush how either to counter it or get into a defensive shell.

Please tell me when Manny's been doing anything close to a Zab chicken dance in recent memory. I could of missed somehting so elaborate.

Where did I say Floyd has ever reacted poorly in the ring? I never described any such thing. I said when he gets hit by Manny what WILL happen? I'm not talking about individual punches such as the fighters you mentioned, they were essentially individual punches here and there over a whole fight. Manny throws in bunches. When he commits to attacking a fighter its rarely 1 punch at a time.
neophyte7
Mayweather was hit the most in his career by EMMANUEL BURTON... go watch that fight and you will see that PBF can get down and dirty if he wants. Emmanuel bloodied his nose and pressed the attack.. PBF stopped him in the 9th round in an exciting fight...

PBF's father criticized PBF and Roger after that fight because PBF got hit too much. PBF at that time said that he would start slugging to get more of a watching audience. His father talked sense and PBF went back to boxer mode. Pugilism is about hitting and not getting hit. Great boxers back in the days used to mark themselves as failures if they got hit with a right hand punch. Evasiveness in boxing is an art that is not appreciated. Society has become more violent and glorified violence is what society thrives off of... This has a lot to do with boxers being frowned upon. As great as ALI was in his young prime (pre 1963 ali) would be booed and called a pussy today...
Keith
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 11 2009, 06:05 PM) *
Mayweather was hit the most in his career by EMMANUEL BURTON... go watch that fight and you will see that PBF can get down and dirty if he wants. Emmanuel bloodied his nose and pressed the attack.. PBF stopped him in the 9th round in an exciting fight...

PBF's father criticized PBF and Roger after that fight because PBF got hit too much. PBF at that time said that he would start slugging to get more of a watching audience. His father talked sense and PBF went back to boxer mode. Pugilism is about hitting and not getting hit. Great boxers back in the days used to mark themselves as failures if they got hit with a right hand punch. Evasiveness in boxing is an art that is not appreciated. Society has become more violent and glorified violence is what society thrives off of... This has a lot to do with boxers being frowned upon. As great as ALI was in his young prime (pre 1963 ali) would be booed and called a pussy today...

I lost my lunch when I read this. I hope your kidding.
neophyte7
I am serious... Ali would be called a runner... Evasiveness defensively is not respected.

and Emmanuel Burton hit PBF more than any fighter in his career. watch the fight if you doubt it
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 11 2009, 06:05 PM) *

I remember that fight. I think it had alot to do with Mayweather not being in top shape either. I am sure he took Burton lightly and trained poorly. I mean all you got to do his watch his other fights around that time and you can see he was off that night.

And yes it was an exciting fight and Floyd did get busted up a little.
Keith
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 11 2009, 06:34 PM) *
I am serious... Ali would be called a runner... Evasiveness defensively is not respected.

and Emmanuel Burton hit PBF more than any fighter in his career. watch the fight if you doubt it

Ya I have the fight on dvd. I agree he got hit but he was never hurt. Burton had no sting on his punches.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 11 2009, 08:01 AM) *
Manny Pacquiao is in trouble, boys.....Roach knows it...Manny, himself, knows it...even that slow, one eyed boy who carries spit buckets at Wild Card knows it.

the one eyed boy that carries the spit bucket... lol... man that is classic.. i love it....
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 11 2009, 07:39 PM) *
I remember that fight. I think it had alot to do with Mayweather not being in top shape either. I am sure he took Burton lightly and trained poorly. I mean all you got to do his watch his other fights around that time and you can see he was off that night.

And yes it was an exciting fight and Floyd did get busted up a little.

I dont know about being out of shape and taking Burton lightly. He went at him man and I mean toe to toe. Hell he fought Chavez the same same way. He was out to bang in those fights.
MarzB
Neophyte I've said the same thing about Ali in his prime today would have been seen today by a lot of people who've never stepped in the ring thus don't appreciate the sweet science.

Keith, I'll try to find a gift when Marque hit Pacquiao and Pac did an Irish Jig,lol.
King Eugene
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 12 2009, 01:13 AM) *
Keith, I'll try to find a gift when Marque hit Pacquiao and Pac did an Irish Jig,lol.

I remember that. Look like he was doing the Waltz!
MarzB
This was from the 2nd fight... Here's his "Dancing with the Stars Audition" submission

This compilation of right hands (oh and the Manny's Michael Jackson dedication happens in round 6 in the clip,lol) by Marquez will make most PAC'TARDs reconsider their bets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF_BHUhJgtU...layer_embedded#

Any questions Keith,lol??

-- -------------------------------
Keith please don't respond with something like?

"Well hey, thats not really a chicken dance. So what he got hit. Thats what fighters do. They don't run or dance like your boy Floyd blah, blah, blah. "

Schit, considering the title of this thread, based on the highlight I see Manny's ring IQ should earn him in the "learning disabled" class,lol..
King Eugene
Good one but not the one I was referring to. The one I'm thinking of is when he damn near fell face first.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 12 2009, 01:23 AM) *
Good one but not the one I was referring to. The one I'm thinking of is when he damn near fell face first.

He's gonna do a lot more than "damn near" fall "face first" in a few months.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 12 2009, 03:54 AM) *

There we go. Now thats the one I was referring to.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 12 2009, 04:03 AM) *
It's weird seeing Marquez do those things to him, and even Morales and now guys like Cotto can't even faze him.

Yea he really elevated in those fights but off of recent performances I think Pac would smoke him now. Well depending on what weight they fought at.
BigG
Fitz a couple of Morales right hands maybe buzzed Manny in their first meeting. But no one's bothered him like Marquez did in that 2nd fight.
Itchybutt
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 9 2009, 10:37 PM) *
Sorry CANE ! But that's the way I feel , Maybe its Roach the reason I hate him so much ... But seriously I think he has No skills BOXING wise , he's a good fighter though ,there's a difference ... ! And I started Boxing when I was 8 bro in and out of it my whole life after my dad passed away in 94 It was hard for me to stay committed then I started having kids LOL.
Are you kidding? Pacquiao has no boxing skills? Have you seen fought these HOFs Morales, Marquez, Barrera, Hatton, dela Hoya, & Cotto. A man without boxing skills won't surely be crowned as the #1 Pound for Pound. It's your hate for this little man that's consuming you.
Itchybutt
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 12 2009, 04:00 AM) *
There we go. Now thats the one I was referring to.

What about this from a boxer who has no skills?

Itchybutt
QUOTE (Itchybutt @ Dec 12 2009, 06:02 AM) *
What about this from a boxer who has no skills?

Here's a proof that this guy has no skills.

Itchybutt
Here's from a one dimensional fighter:

DatuLakandula
LOL funny how these so called boxing experts see Manny as a no-skill fighter. A no skill fighter who is a 7 world champion in 7 weight division, KO most of the HOF boxers in our era, ascended from 106lbs to 147lbs, 4 linear world champion, developed himself from a brawler to a boxer, and majority of his world title fight ended in KO/TKO. Hahaha its HATE...... PURE HATE...
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 12 2009, 12:35 AM) *
This was from the 2nd fight... Here's his "Dancing with the Stars Audition" submission

This compilation of right hands (oh and the Manny's Michael Jackson dedication happens in round 6 in the clip,lol) by Marquez will make most PAC'TARDs reconsider their bets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF_BHUhJgtU...layer_embedded#

Any questions Keith,lol??

---------------------------------
Keith please don't respond with something like?

"Well hey, thats not really a chicken dance. So what he got hit. Thats what fighters do. They don't run or dance like your boy Floyd blah, blah, blah. "

Schit, considering the title of this thread, based on the highlight I see Manny's ring IQ should earn him in the "learning disabled" class,lol..

See Marz, I never ever said anything about Manny's ring IQ. I made a comment about something else. We are talking about two different things my friend. I even said.....

QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 10 2009, 08:54 PM) *
His defense isnt superb but he has that special quality that is a tad rare even among the great fighters of recent memory.

I asked you to find the footage of the chicken dance because I didnt remember it. Although you didnt, Fitz did. We are talking about 2 completely different things so I see no reason for you to get all smug. I never said Floyd WOULD run. I am curious what happens when he gets attacked in combo repeatedly. Its not as if Floyd has never been hit, his real strength is limiting fighters to 1 punch at a time and spreading those out over the fight. I could go get the Zab footage and throw it up here too. That doesnt prove anything either.

Thanks you.
The CEO
QUOTE (DatuLakandula @ Dec 12 2009, 07:24 AM) *
LOL funny how these so called boxing experts see Manny as a no-skill fighter. A no skill fighter who is a 7 world champion in 7 weight division, KO most of the HOF boxers in our era, ascended from 106lbs to 147lbs, 4 linear world champion, developed himself from a brawler to a boxer, and majority of his world title fight ended in KO/TKO. Hahaha its HATE...... PURE HATE...

Dude....Pacquiao is not "a hated fighter"....I would say most hardcore Boxing fans appreciate and respect him...

That being said...his wild, nutworshipping fans and Freddy Roach ARE bringin' SOME Hate upon him...if they were smart, they'd be keepin' their emotions in check and their mouths shut...it would preserve his popularity.
Keith
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 12 2009, 08:25 AM) *
Dude....Pacquiao is not "a hated fighter"....I would say most hardcore Boxing fans appreciate and respect him...

That being said...his wild, nutworshipping fans and Freddy Roach ARE bringin' SOME Hate upon him...if they were smart, they'd be keepin' their emotions in check and their mouths shut...it would preserve his popularity.

LOL. I still say we should start a "Pacmaniacs Hate Rickshaw".
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 12 2009, 03:09 AM) *
Fitz a couple of Morales right hands maybe buzzed Manny in their first meeting. But no one's bothered him like Marquez did in that 2nd fight.

True dat (as my 31 year old stepson would put it).
torvix2000
That's what happen when you go near an excellent counterpuncher with quick hands like Marquez.
MarzB
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 12 2009, 09:18 AM) *
See Marz, I never ever said anything about Manny's ring IQ. I made a comment about something else. We are talking about two different things my friend. I even said.....

I asked you to find the footage of the chicken dance because I didnt remember it. Although you didnt, Fitz did. We are talking about 2 completely different things so I see no reason for you to get all smug. I never said Floyd WOULD run. I am curious what happens when he gets attacked in combo repeatedly. Its not as if Floyd has never been hit, his real strength is limiting fighters to 1 punch at a time and spreading those out over the fight. I could go get the Zab footage and throw it up here too. That doesnt prove anything either.

Thanks you.

Sighing, stop splitting hairs ok. I couldn't find the gif Fitz posted. I found something damn near close. Basically you claimed it never happened and there are multiple instances that it did. It' more redeeming to admit when you're wrong than to ride out and or distort something as you've done.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (MarzB @ Dec 12 2009, 10:06 AM) *
Sighing, stop splitting hairs ok. I couldn't find the gif Fitz posted. I found something damn near close. Basically you claimed it never happened and there are multiple instances that it did. It' more redeeming to admit when you're wrong than to ride out and or distort something as you've done.

Splitting hairs is what professors do. But, I'm sure he will agree to leave your pubes alone, if you agree to stop "sighing" so provocatively.
MarzB
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 12 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Splitting hairs is what professors do. But, I'm sure he will agree to leave your pubes alone, if you agree to stop "sighing" so provocatively.

Thank you Keith. Oh thats right you're not him so STFU.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.