Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winky Vs Pavik
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
paete1611
Was pavlik exposed by hopkins? he hasnt fought a tough opponent since the hopkins fight and have canceled his scheduled fights with paul williams a coouple of times. considering that jermain taylors performance hasnt been great lately, his resume is becoming more suspect. his wins over taylor are arguably his best accomplishments. would his team match him up against winky

Winky Wright: Me and Pavlik need to fight
D-MARV
Im not sure about this one. Maybe Pavlik by close decision.
mrwigi
i think it wuld be a decent fight, but i wink spends a lot of time out of the ring, so this could go either way.
King Eugene
As much as I like Winky I think Pavlik decisions him. He'll be standing right there in front of Pavlik and that will allow Pavlik to unload. They all might not get through but quite a few of them will land and will look devastating when they do.
The Original MrFactor
Winky doesnt have the power to make Pavlik respect him. Pavlik throws alot of punches. Unlike Williams, Pavlik had significant thud behind the bricks he throws. He may stop Winky. It would be a step in the right direction, if Pavlik was to fight and stop Winky. It would bring him a bit closer to credibility. He still has unfinished business with Williams though...
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 10 2009, 02:47 AM) *
As much as I like Winky I think Pavlik decisions him. He'll be standing right there in front of Pavlik and that will allow Pavlik to unload. They all might not get through but quite a few of them will land and will look devastating when they do.

Pretty much what I was thinking.
Jack 1000
I would take Pavlik by close and maybe controversial split decision.

Jack
Keith
Winky was great at 154 when he was the bigger man with the longer jab. His biggest wins were against fighters who fought best at 147. Since he started fighting middleweights he's 0-2-1. Thats not good.... and he has been too inactive and is only getting older.

Pavlik beats him to a pulp. The ref or the corner will have to stop this one because Winky's too damn stubborn.
Romulus9
Pavlik is too big. Southpaws are MADE for straight right hands and, mechanical as he may be, can throw a big right hand.

Probably not a stoppage, but Kelly wins a pretty clear decision.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 10 2009, 09:17 PM) *
Winky was great at 154 when he was the bigger man with the longer jab. His biggest wins were against fighters who fought best at 147. Since he started fighting middleweights he's 0-2-1. Thats not good.... and he has been too inactive and is only getting older.

Pavlik beats him to a pulp. The ref or the corner will have to stop this one because Winky's too damn stubborn.

Well said. I agree.
neophyte7
yeah but he beat that Bitch TAylor hands down...
Keith
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 11 2009, 05:29 PM) *
yeah but he beat that Bitch TAylor hands down...

Sorry man but that was a good draw. There are few draws that I ever felt good about, but that was one.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 11 2009, 05:53 PM) *
Sorry man but that was a good draw. There are few draws that I ever felt good about, but that was one.

Professor, you are resembling your sig on that one. And it aint hetero.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 12 2009, 02:25 AM) *
Professor, you are resembling your sig on that one. And it aint hetero.

Dude, thats funny. You got me. Your alright Smarty.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 11 2009, 06:53 PM) *

I agree that was as legit a draw as you can get.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.