Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting rid of the Sanctioning Bodies....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
I've long had this fantasy of somehow coming into an unGodly amount of money. we're talking hundreds of billions of dollars. And then I set about to take over the sanctioning bodies. And in this scenario they wouldn't allow themselves to be taken over by one person (for whatever reason) so I enlisted four of my friends to go separately at various stages (over the course of several years) and each one would buy out the sanctioning body for a billion dollars each.

So after say...ten years, I would then take control of all four of the sanctioning bodies, and consolidate them all into one single sanctioning organization.

And therein lies where I'm stumped as to what would have to happen before boxing would be given some semblance of respectability again as it pertains to the rankings and sanctioning fights.

I'd obviously want to bring in the best boxing minds available. I'd bring in legendary promoters, journalists, fighters, managers, etc, however no one who has a stake in anyone fighting or managing or promoting will ever be part of the process of ranking or matching fighters (mandatories, etc).

I'd love to see this happen (if not in the complicated strategy of taking over all of them and then consolidating) thought.

Somehow have all of them bought out and just have one. One group that would have some respectability and not be beholden to anyone involved in the fight game.

Ideas anyone? Surely this is purely speculation and fantasy but still...I can dream.
Spyder
Why not just make your own sactioning body?

Then you could pay the best fighters millions to dump their old-busted-ass belts in the trash, and fight only for yours. No need to enlist any friends, and you'd get that shit done by the end of the year.

Then, you could hire Dana White to be the mouth piece, and tell him to shit on every other fighting organization at least once a week in the press.

Yahtzee!

For hundreds of billions of dollars, you wouldn't even have to turn a profit for the rest of your life.
mrwigi
i was just thinking about this subject a few days ago.... IMO, i think there shuld be 3 sanctioning bodies, and the criteria to gain the title should be the same for all three.. Then you can setup mega unification bouts with the best fighters.. I also feel like a few weight divisions need to be erased because there are just to many of them. Thats just my opinion.
Lil-lightsout
I would make even more weight classes. Like add one more between each the way it is now. For example. We would have a 132.5lbs, 137.5lbs, 143.5lbs, 150.5lbs and so on. That would mean more fights for us and more belts! I would probably add some more sanctioning bodies too, there is alot more letters in the alphabet that can be used. My new snctioning bodies would all be super legit just like the ones we have now. I would hire some more good ethical promoters like Arum, King, and Oscar to help out make the best fights possible. PPV fights I would raise the price to like a $100 an event, and would really skimp on the undercard cause they have been so stellar for too long now. Officiating in boxing is top notch over seas, so we will need them to train my new ones. And now instead of just announcing the fighters name in the ring before the fight, we will tell there life stories, and try to pack in even more entourage into the ring. I want it so packed in there you cannot move. Illegal steroids and performance enhancers will be encouraged for fighters during training camps.
Fadetwist
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 10 2009, 03:21 PM) *
I would make even more weight classes. Like add one more between each the way it is now. For example. We would have a 132.5lbs, 137.5lbs, 143.5lbs, 150.5lbs and so on. That would mean more fights for us and more belts! I would probably add some more sanctioning bodies too, there is alot more letters in the alphabet that can be used. My new snctioning bodies would all be super legit just like the ones we have now. I would hire some more good ethical promoters like Arum, King, and Oscar to help out make the best fights possible. PPV fights I would raise the price to like a $100 an event, and would really skimp on the undercard cause they have been so stellar for too long now. Officiating in boxing is top notch over seas, so we will need them to train my new ones. And now instead of just announcing the fighters name in the ring before the fight, we will tell there life stories, and try to pack in even more entourage into the ring. I want it so packed in there you cannot move. Illegal steroids and performance enhancers will be encouraged for fighters during training camps.

LMAO! This had me in tears.
Back to topic though, After youbuy all the abc bodies can I make one so you can buy me out? I would do it every year cuz I needs to get paid!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 10 2009, 02:21 PM) *

lol

Byrdman, I share your dream of boxing without the alphabet organizations and thankfully, I believe, they are less relevant than they were 10 years ago. Unfortunately they are still around and most fighters will try and benefit from them, even though they are getting screwed.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.