Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Million Dollar per Pound...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
I'm not sure if I digested it right...

I think I read an article by a sportwriter proposing a $ 5M penalty for Floyd if he make another "Marquez act" come Pacquiao fight...

His contention is that Mayweather Jr may do it again....even for a million per pound penalty in excess of 147 lbs, which is the contract weight,...Floyd may just do the "Marquez act" again ...?...not honoring the contract weight to gain undue advantage over Pac...

Assuming he weigh in at 150 lbs, Floyd will pay 3M...chicken feed compare to the advantage he will have...and taking home $30M..or even $ 40M...the writer said Floyd did it to Marquez, it most likely will be repeated to Manny..?... What do you think?.. ....?
torvix2000
I think a type of this thread was closed before. Anyway, Mayweather will not come in over 147. He comes in over 147, and he's toast. Ironic, isn't it?
D-MARV
What's the penalty for Pacquiao coming in over 147?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 10 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Probably none, because Pacquiao doesn't have a history of not making weight.

Seems fair to me. I remember when Mayweather called Winky out (bluff challenge) and when Winky took the bait. Once Wright accepted, Mayweather then started with ridiculous stipulations so the fight could fall apart.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/07/22/Sports/W...ather_bou.shtml

I'm guessing the roles are now reversed, and now Pacquiao is in Mayweather's shoes and Mayweather is now in Wright's.

Difference being that Pacquiao has fought and perfromed well at Welterweight (Well PacWeight 145). Floyd has never weighed over 147.

Now if Mayweather fought at 160 twice before he called out Winky then that would be similar situations.
D-MARV
LMAO... Fitz, I just read the full article. This was in 2005 and Floyd was at 140. You're talking about a 20 pound difference. LMFAO... that was nothing like what we have here.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 10 2009, 07:31 PM) *
Winky also doesn't have a history not making weight (not that I am aware of). Yet he still wanted those stipulations. On the other hand, Floyd didn't make weight in his last fight.
I think this is all just shit anyways. Mayweather won't weigh in over 147 and either will Pacquiao, they are just trying to make sure that Floyd doesn't pull the same stunt he did with Marquez.

I guess you're right. That was some BULLSHIT Floyd pulled against Marquez. Floyd will weigh 147 and Pac will weigh 143-144
mrwigi
yea, i cant see floyd coming in above 147 in this fight.
provo
StyleZ and Fitz ! I just read Percy's interview with Ron Frazier and Ron said that in Pacs contract with Oscar and Cotto that they could not rehydrate over 147 ? Is there any truth to that ??
That's kinda bullshit if it is true ! Don't that mean weigh in at the agred weight but not come into the fight over 147 ? You guys know anything about this ?
D-MARV
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 10 2009, 08:01 PM) *
StyleZ and Fitz ! I just read Percy's interview with Ron Frazier and Ron said that in Pacs contract with Oscar and Cotto that they could not rehydrate over 147 ? Is there any truth to that ??
That's kinda bullshit if it is true ! Don't that mean weigh in at the agred weight but not come into the fight over 147 ? You guys know anything about this ?

hmmm... that's the first I heard of that. I know Oscar weighed 147 on fight night and Cotto's weight was never mentioned...

Shit, Now that I think about it, Hatton's weight was never revealed either.
provo
Here's what Ron said

It's funny because people are like, "Floyd Mayweather is a coward because he didn't come in at the weight that he signed to fight Marquez at." He wasn't going to deplete himself, but nobody ever said anything about Manny telling Oscar and Cotto that they couldn't rehydrate to more than 147 pounds. They came in as depleted fighters. But he gets a pass for that and if Floyd does it, he's a chicken and a coward. Why is it good for one and not for the other?

If there's any truth to this that's a Bitch move ,especially cotto having 2 come in a 145 but not able 2 come in heavir than 147 on fight night...
D-MARV
That was a good interview. He was on point!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 10 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Here's what Ron said

It's funny because people are like, "Floyd Mayweather is a coward because he didn't come in at the weight that he signed to fight Marquez at." He wasn't going to deplete himself, but nobody ever said anything about Manny telling Oscar and Cotto that they couldn't rehydrate to more than 147 pounds. They came in as depleted fighters. But he gets a pass for that and if Floyd does it, he's a chicken and a coward. Why is it good for one and not for the other?

If there's any truth to this that's a Bitch move ,especially cotto having 2 come in a 145 but not able 2 come in heavir than 147 on fight night...

Just read the interview. While it is an interesting inside perspective, I do not think it reflects negatively on Pacman. It sheds more light on the ruthless brilliance of his management.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 10 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Just read the interview. While it is an interesting inside perspective, I do not think it reflects negatively on Pacman. It sheds more light on the ruthless brilliance of his management.

brilliant, yes i agree but dont you think that kinda robs he fans of better fights?.. at the end of the day i just wanna see good fights... when one fighter is weakened or comes in injured etc that robs the fight fans of good fights a lot of times and leaves the "what ifs"....
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 11 2009, 11:04 PM) *
brilliant, yes i agree but dont you think that kinda robs he fans of better fights?.. at the end of the day i just wanna see good fights... when one fighter is weakened or comes in injured etc that robs the fight fans of good fights a lot of times and leaves the "what ifs"....

True. That ruthlessly brilliant management doesn't really care about the "good fights" you and I want to see. They do not care about you and me or the rest of us that really care about boxing. They build a following of blind worshippers for their product. Manny is the product who they have built into an icon, a figure of worship, that shall, that must be tragically destroyed before the worshippers eyes.

And PBF retired to wait for the icon, while carefully nurturing a parallel army just as dedicated to the hatred of the persona he has built.

It has been obvious what they have been setting up for at least a year and a half.

But we will watch. We must watch the tragedy culminate.
torvix2000
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 11 2009, 02:01 AM) *
That's kinda bullshit if it is true ! Don't that mean weigh in at the agreed weight but not come into the fight over 147? You guys know anything about this ?

Hahahah! I wonder why the most respectable members of this board didn't even bother to respond. I'm glad I'm an idiot. I can respond to this post.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Dec 12 2009, 09:32 AM) *
Hahahah! I wonder why the most respectable members of this board didn't even bother to respond. I'm glad I'm an idiot. I can respond to this post.

While I am not glad (too close to an emotion), you are an idiot.
Mean Mister Mustard
I read that, at Mayweather's request, there will be a mandatory blood test as well as the traditional urine test for both fighters.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 12 2009, 12:12 PM) *
I read that, at Mayweather's request, there will be a mandatory blood test as well as the traditional urine test for both fighters.

If Pac man is found to be on something the fighthype boards will crash off of torvix posts alone.
KENSOFINE
Dude, I am at work...and your sig just caused me to spit an entire cup of water on my monitor.

You owe me 62.48, U.S. dollars.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 12 2009, 12:56 PM) *
If Pac man is found to be on something the fighthype boards will crash off of torvix posts alone.

Now that's a sig, Jimi.

Girl can take some poundage.

That is a girl, right?
KENSOFINE
The part that kills me every single time is when he pulls his yellow pants down, just before jumping. HAHAHAHAHA!!!
AussieLad
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 12 2009, 07:08 AM) *
True. That ruthlessly brilliant management doesn't really care about the "good fights" you and I want to see. They do not care about you and me or the rest of us that really care about boxing. They build a following of blind worshippers for their product. Manny is the product who they have built into an icon, a figure of worship, that shall, that must be tragically destroyed before the worshippers eyes.

And PBF retired to wait for the icon, while carefully nurturing a parallel army just as dedicated to the hatred of the persona he has built.

It has been obvious what they have been setting up for at least a year and a half.

But we will watch. We must watch the tragedy culminate.

Oh, your talking about pac man.... those first couple of sentences there had made me think i'd slipped into a parrallel universe where you could actually see through mayweathers bullshit
caneman
To bad it ain't a day of fight weigh in IMO! Whatever though, Pacman ain't gonna pussy out even if he does lose!

Hey though, wasn't Winky 154 champ in 2005? Oops, 2004 in November was his last vs Mosley! My bad!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 12 2009, 06:41 PM) *
Oh, your talking about pac man.... those first couple of sentences there had made me think i'd slipped into a parrallel universe where you could actually see through mayweathers bullshit

What part of "Mayweathers Bullshit" are you talking about?

The part where he retired to specifically wait for a foe like Pacman?

Or, the part where he nurtures a culture of haters to fill stadium seats with people praying to see him lose, preferably by devastating KO?

Or, the part where PBF does whatever he wants, when he wants, rather than what we want or what some management company wants?

Or, the part where he refuses to be the hero slain in front of his adoring zombies for a melodramatic tragedy?

Clue me in DownUnderling. What the hell are you talking about?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.