Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO or Showtime
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Al Hata

I'll probably flip back and forth but I'm more interested in Showtime card.

You?
Romulus9
I'll watch HBO live and record Showtime to the DVR.
Keith
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 11 2009, 09:27 PM) *
I'll watch HBO live and record Showtime to the DVR.

I'm a broke ass sucka. All you rich mutha effers talking about watchin this and that and recording with dvr's and shit. I have to drag my ass over ma n pops to watch HBO.
Jack 1000
HBO,

In fact, my cable discount rate expires next August and hopefully they can lock me into a new package rate, but if they give me a hard time, I might drop Showtime. The greatest thing on that network is Dexter, which I just got into about a year ago watching On Demand. But most of the movies suck. And considering that in the course of a recent year, there are maybe 5 good to great fights combined on both HBO and Showtime, I might just go with HBO. (The movies are better, and the fights still vary.)

HBO seems to be doing better, but it still likes to connect to long term contract for fighters to pom pom the undefeated guy or the guy under long term contract. And all the pom pom shakes go out to Golden Boy Promotions. The Lou Dibella Boxing After Dark days, and the great fights of the 80's-90's may be less than before.

Showtime doesn't align itself to long term fighters like HBO does. But it does seem like a long way to get to the classic fights that are memorable. And just as important with the terrible economy, after Mayweather and Pacquiao fight, what's out there from a boxing standpoint to spend $20 a month for both services? You used to be able to rely on great boxing to justify having both channels, but not so much anymore.

Hopefully, if I can get a good discount in August again, I can keep both channels, and if I drop Showtime, I can watch Dexter on-line.

Oh and I will be watching Diaz-Malinaggi live and DVR'ing the Bradley-Peterson fight for later. I mean DVR'ing both actually. But I will try to watch Diaz-Malinaggi as it happens.

Jack
JLUVBABY
since showtime fights are on first i will put them to dvd first and dvr hbo, tho i will have them on in the other room and be back and forth... after the fights are off i will put the hbo fights on the dvd...
RollsRoyce
I'm more curious with the HBO triple header than the fight on Showtime. While I like Bradley, I hate watching Peterson. At the same time, I wanna see if Ortiz will say something silly again like "i don't think i deserve to get hit like that anymore." lol. I'm also curious to find out if Diaz can look any better after getting cut.
King Eugene
I'll be watching HBO after ESPN airs THE U!
Spyder
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 11 2009, 11:39 PM) *
I'll be watching HBO after ESPN airs THE U!

laugh.gif

You guys don't really have a mid-December bowl game do you?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Dec 12 2009, 01:54 AM) *
laugh.gif

You guys don't really have a mid-December bowl game do you?

No man, the ESPN special. The Decade Long Hurricane. The special! Watch it 9pm EST.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 11 2009, 09:54 PM) *
HBO,

In fact, my cable discount rate expires next August and hopefully they can lock me into a new package rate, but if they give me a hard time, I might drop Showtime. The greatest thing on that network is Dexter, which I just got into about a year ago watching On Demand. But most of the movies suck. And considering that in the course of a recent year, there are maybe 5 good to great fights combined on both HBO and Showtime, I might just go with HBO. (The movies are better, and the fights still vary.)

HBO seems to be doing better, but it still likes to connect to long term contract for fighters to pom pom the undefeated guy or the guy under long term contract. And all the pom pom shakes go out to Golden Boy Promotions. The Lou Dibella Boxing After Dark days, and the great fights of the 80's-90's may be less than before.

Showtime doesn't align itself to long term fighters like HBO does. But it does seem like a long way to get to the classic fights that are memorable. And just as important with the terrible economy, after Mayweather and Pacquiao fight, what's out there from a boxing standpoint to spend $20 a month for both services? You used to be able to rely on great boxing to justify having both channels, but not so much anymore.

Hopefully, if I can get a good discount in August again, I can keep both channels, and if I drop Showtime, I can watch Dexter on-line.

Oh and I will be watching Diaz-Malinaggi live and DVR'ing the Bradley-Peterson fight for later. I mean DVR'ing both actually. But I will try to watch Diaz-Malinaggi as it happens.

Jack

Honestly, I'm tired of Comcast. I've got the multi platinum roided out package combined with the internet and, although I can certainly afford it, it's a fuckin' ripoff. Yeah, I've got every channel (including the KENNYSOPRETTY 24/7 training network) but waddafuck? I work 12 to 18 hours a fukin day. Can't beat the internet speed though.

Yeah, I been drinkin a bit. Go fucj yourselves.
kidbazooka1
HBO all the way i'll catch the showtime re run the next day.
SmartyBeardo
I eventually get to the actual question (8 or more hours later). I'm with Roberto on this one. Although I've got one, I don't play with my DVR. My stupendously scorching Russian wife gets jealous.

But not nearly as jealous as she gets of the FightHYPE Community, lately. It's early, I only got up to chew a couple of aspirin, and you know who is waiting to ravage the physique that KENNYSOPRETTY can only fantasize about.

Yeah, I'm the LUCKIEST bastard on the planet.

Pakah.
KookedKrack
Dvr'ing both of them because i have to step out but I'll be watching hbo first because I support Paulie and his guido movement.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 11 2009, 09:53 PM) *
I'm a broke ass sucka. All you rich mutha effers talking about watchin this and that and recording with dvr's and shit. I have to drag my ass over ma n pops to watch HBO.

Embarrassing.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 12 2009, 11:53 AM) *
Dvr'ing both of them because i have to step out but I'll be watching hbo first because I support Paulie and his guido movement.

man that is a crazy gif file... lol...
caneman
I'll be watching both! thumbsup_anim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.