Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPOILERS Approx. 2-3PM CST: Klitschko vs, Johnson
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This is our thread for all action and reaction to the V. Klitschko-Johnson WBC Heavyweight Championship fight. Keep everything in here! If you want to watch HBO's tape delayed broadcast without knowing the results, don't open the thread approximately between 2-3 pm (CST.)

No public streams are allowed. Use PM or E-mail only. Thanks!

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Seriously, Kevin Johnson needs to stop talking and showboating in there. This is so pathetic by him, he lands like two jabs and a right hand every round, then gets worked over. STFU and do something instead of kissing your right hand. Johnson has some openings and he's starting to find them, but he's just getting worked.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Kevin Johnson is taking a beating in there. One thing I'll give him though, is that he's tough and has a great chin. He's taken some hellacious shots in the last three rounds and he's still in there. He just hasn't been active though, and really the corner should stop it.
Icebeast
one-sided and boring.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
shit, you think this is boring you should have seen the fight they showed before this one. Monte Barrett and some dude was in the most boring fight I've seen this year. Barrett needs to retire.
Icebeast
well it's finally over... Johnson became the second fighter Vitaly couldn't knock out

120 - 108 on my scorecard
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Kevin Johnson is a fuckin disgrace to heavyweights in this country. Seriously, all this dude did was lay on the ropes and showboat whenever Vitali landed a big shot. He lost every round and didn't make much of an effort to even throw back. He had a couple moments in rounds 3 and 4, but that was it. At least Arreola went out there and made an effort to win. This dude just talked his way through the fight and got his ass whipped hard. Lets see Vitali vs Haye next.
caneman
that was ass! That's being nice to both of them & klit won every round! booooooooo
Icebeast
official scorecards:

120 - 108; 120 - 108; 119 - 109 Vitaly Klitschko
JLUVBABY
damn i was hoping klit. closed he show late... that fight was terrible.. the heavyweights are in trouble.. haye loses to either klit... he will be up against fighters that are more fluid, agile and athletic than valuev... thus he will have to at some point stand and fight and that will be his downfall against either brother... i dont care who produces the fighter as long as one of the brothers get bumped off... maybe povetkin is the man....?...
thehype
Fucking Pinklon "Pink" Thomas had more balls than most of today's heavyweights!
caneman
Kingpin fought like a door nail! lol! @ this rate, will we ever have another Champion from the USA? Are they all playing football & basketball? I mean while Vitli won every round, it wasn't cause he was that great either!! Or am I just a retard?
Romulus9
Arreola would have kicked Johnson's ass today.

What a pathetic showing.

Hype, it's fights like these that actually make me even more appreciative of the 80s heavyweights and the musical chair champions. At least those were, for the most part, a group of talented fighters (for whom no one really stood out but all were 'good') and produced some really entertaining fights. Compare that to now and it makes you wince.

I'd take a motivated Tim Witherspoon or Tony Tubbs over most of the clowns out there today. Seriously. Do you think ANYONE in this current crop other than the Klitschkos could deal with Tubbs and that jab? Witherspoon would land that overhand right at will against them. Pinklon would actually FIGHT!

I could go on.

How sad.
Lil-lightsout
That was fucking pathetic! Especially after all the shit he talked beforehand. I watched 9 rounds and shut it off. I did not see him throw ONE freaking left hook. I saw about 3 or 4 bodypunches. He threw a few counter rights once in a while. The only thing he did was jab, and that was terrible. What the heck is it that heavyweights refuse to let there hands go? That was so disgraceful what Johnson did, he even taunted Vitali throughout but threw NO real punches. I did not see one point in that fight that he even tried to win. The only semi-positive thing I saw from him was his defense, which was a poor mans mix of Toney and Mayweather. Where is the desire of American Heavyweights? What happened? You suck Johnson and you are a disgrace with that performance.
Romulus9
One thing is for sure. With every performance like that, you start to realize that at least, boring as he can be, John Ruiz will come to fight and will do everything in his power to win. He's won his share of fights too. That's more than you can say for most of these clowns.

Johnson is an absolute JOKE.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Honestly, I didn't even see much defense from him. Vitali landed a lot of hard shots, and he just sat on the ropes pretty much. I can't argue that Arreola would beat Johnson right now. Before today I thought Kevin Johnson was one of the best american heavies out there, but he's got his work cut out for him now. I'd rather see John Ruiz get a shot at the Klitschkos than some of these fighters. Sadly, I'd probably be more entertained watching him than Johnson just because he would try and get on the inside.
Jack 1000
Fuck Kevin Johnson!

What a pathetic disgusting piece of shit who does not even deserve to get paid after that crap. The most boring fight I have seen in years. Maybe Vitali or Wlad will actually fight someone next who will make either brother go to war.

Seriously, they should fucking withhold Johnson's purse after a performance like that! The only thing he didn't do was look for a place to fall. It was like he threw the fight. This was just as bad if not worse than Sam Peter doing shit and than quitting after hearing the optional WBC Open Scoring rule after rounds 4 and 8. This was supposed to be in effect tonight, but either they pulled it at the last minute or something about it didn't work to get it to the crowd. Maybe Johnson would have quit if he had heard the scores. It might have saved the world from the coma that they lapsed into watching this farce.

As a boxing fan and historian for many years, I want to apologize to my friends, colleges, and associates throughout the industry for having to watch that awful shit. This was SICK!

Jack
kidbazooka1
Boxing doesn't get any worser than this.

This sh*t was a disgrace to boxing.
Imperius3
Yeah...these mismatches are getting fucking old. I have respect for the Klitschkos, no doubt about it. They are good fighters, and they work extremely hard. It's sad though that there is no one out there to challenge these guys. We need some new blood. If only colleges gave out scholarships for boxing in America.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 13 2009, 02:29 AM) *
One thing is for sure. With every performance like that, you start to realize that at least, boring as he can be, John Ruiz will come to fight and will do everything in his power to win. He's won his share of fights too. That's more than you can say for most of these clowns.

Johnson is an absolute JOKE.

I agree. I actually like Ruiz because as limited a she is he at least fucking does everything he can to win.
Jack 1000
LOL!!! How pathetic is it that Kevin Johnson makes RUIZ look good!!!! LOL!!!!

Jack
Maxy
If a fighter doesn't try and win a fight, does he deserve his full purse? I mean, Johnson simply came to go 12 rounds and nothing more.

As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't be paid his full fee because he didn't attempt to win.

Disgrace.

Anyway, Haye is fighting Ruiz in April or May and if he gets through that he will box one of the Klits.
thefloatingmonkey
Just horrible...
Boxingjunkie
Yes this the second best heavyweight in the world. Both fighters looked like girls pitty pattin or something. Kevin Johnson did nothing. Shouldnt have gotten paid for this performance. Vitali looked like he was pitty pattin with his left all night. Terrible.
Jack 1000
We should start some kind of campaign to HBO that unless Wlad or Vitali are in with an opponent who actually comes to fight we will not watch. Johnson was at least a 20-1 underdog. I'd rather be sparred having to sit through piles of shit like this than catching lightning in a bottle with such a dog doing a Douglas-Tyson performance. With only 9 KO's for Johnson, that wasn't happening anyway.

Hate to say it, but do you think given Johnson's no show don't give a fuck attitude that the fight could have been fixed? I cannot remember the last time in any fight where an opponent did so little to win, or even so little to try!

Jack
Romulus9
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 13 2009, 11:40 AM) *
We should start some kind of campaign to HBO that unless Wlad or Vitali are in with an opponent who actually comes to fight we will not watch. Johnson was at least a 20-1 underdog. I'd rather be sparred having to sit through piles of shit like this than catching lightning in a bottle with such a dog doing a Douglas-Tyson performance. With only 9 KO's for Johnson, that wasn't happening anyway.

Hate to say it, but do you think given Johnson's no show don't give a fuck attitude that the fight could have been fixed? I cannot remember the last time in any fight where an opponent did so little to win, or even so little to try!

Jack

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was fixed. I just think he was THAT intimidated when he stepped into the ring, and he was completely unable to back up all that nonsense that he'd been talking for so long. Can you believe how truly awful that effort was?

People just love to run down fighters like Chris Byrd and John Ruiz but at least they'll give EVERYTHING they have, however much that may be, to fight. Look at the garbage performance of Johnson, and then look at the heart and sheer will and determination that Brian Minto showed last weekend. Johnson should be ashamed of that effort. Oliver McCall put up more of a fight when Don King dragged him out of rehab for the Lewis rematch and he had a nervous breakdown in the middle of the ring.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 13 2009, 11:40 AM) *

Jack

No, I can't go there. I just think that Johnson has NO offense. He's kind of like a weeble-wobbles punching bag. You can't put it down but it has no arms to hit back.

I suppose the rationalization could be floated that Johnson was waiting for Klit to get gassed and he just never did. That turd don't float though, given the fact that Johnson never even mounted one decent attack sequence.

I can see Johnson out-pointing quite a few heavyweights in this pitiful era, but I'm not interested in wasting my time unless I'm suffering from insomnia.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 13 2009, 01:20 PM) *
No, I can't go there. I just think that Johnson has NO offense. He's kind of like a weeble-wobbles punching bag. You can't put it down but it has no arms to hit back.

I suppose the rationalization could be floated that Johnson was waiting for Klit to get gassed and he just never did. That turd don't float though, given the fact that Johnson never even mounted one decent attack sequence.

I can see Johnson out-pointing quite a few heavyweights in this pitiful era, but I'm not interested in wasting my time unless I'm suffering from insomnia.

Yea,

For the first 2-3 rounds, I thought Keven was trying to door a very poor Ali or James Toney Rope-A-Dope thing to try to get Vitali tired from swinging at air. But when he did not land ONE meaningful shot or even try the whole fight, I actually felt sick watching this. It looked like Kevin just wanted to survive and get a paycheck. The Punchstat I think showed something like a much larger number of punches than what I thought Johnson threw.

Jack
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Dec 13 2009, 09:17 AM) *
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was fixed. I just think he was THAT intimidated when he stepped into the ring, and he was completely unable to back up all that nonsense that he'd been talking for so long. Can you believe how truly awful that effort was?

People just love to run down fighters like Chris Byrd and John Ruiz but at least they'll give EVERYTHING they have, however much that may be, to fight. Look at the garbage performance of Johnson, and then look at the heart and sheer will and determination that Brian Minto showed last weekend. Johnson should be ashamed of that effort. Oliver McCall put up more of a fight when Don King dragged him out of rehab for the Lewis rematch and he had a nervous breakdown in the middle of the ring.

Yea man I dont think it was fixed either. I just think once KJ stepped into that ring he became intimidated and was in survival mode from start to finish. He did all that talking and those diaries on fightnews just to psych himself up. But when it comes down to it he just doesnt have the tools offensively. That effort was awful, now go back to being a bum.
Jack 1000
Best exchange of the night was the commentary said Johnson was from New Jersey and "Maybe if Pierre Beniost, (the judge who insanely had Williams almost pitching a shutout over Martinez in what was a razor-close fight.) was sitting in one of the judge's chairs, being from New Jersey, he'd have Johnson ahead 10 rounds to 2." LOL!

Jack
Byrd Man
It's being reported that Vitali says he's got a preliminary agreement to fight Haye next year. Haye wants it to be in London in Wembley Stadium which would be a huge fight over there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/dec/1...litschko-boxing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.