Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:15 CST. SPOILERS@ 9:30 Diaz vs. Malinaggi II
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all on-going comments and post-fight reactions to the Diaz-Malinaggi rematch. Keep everything in this thread. Streams only through PM's or E-Mails.

Jack

Administrator
GinJapan
Anyone have the scoop on what's happening? Thanks in advance!
Lil-lightsout
Diaz looks as soft as ever, and Paulie can not crack an egg. This has the looks of a boring fight.
JLUVBABY
rnd 1 mall gin... not much happened...
JLUVBABY
rnd 2 mall... diaz cant touch him... diaz cut... ginjapan...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 12 2009, 10:11 PM) *
Diaz looks as soft as ever, and Paulie can not crack an egg. This has the looks of a boring fight.

you are right diaz looks very soft...
GinJapan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 12 2009, 11:15 PM) *
rnd 2 mall... diaz cant touch him... diaz cut... ginjapan...

Thanks for the update bro!! I really appreciate it!
The CEO
Malignaggi is such a doucher between the ropes...lol
JLUVBABY
i think my boy diaz is on a decline... he doesnt seem to have that fire he used to have...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 12 2009, 11:02 PM) *
i think my boy diaz is on a decline... he doesnt seem to have that fire he used to have...

Yep, Nate and Jaun beat it out of him.
The CEO
I gave Diaz 5 rounds...and not the same ones Lederman gave him...

I really can't get over Paulie's in ring antics...dude is a legend in his own mind....if there's any Malignaggi fanboys out there, they deserve to be shot in the face...
kidbazooka1
Ortiz looked pretty good i can see he was trying to pick his shits a bit more and use his superior boxing skill. Diaz is a tough as Nails veteran i actualy thought he was gonna put up a better fight but Ortiz fought a much smart fight and cut Diaz up for the win.

Juan Diaz looked like sh*t i don't know what the f*Ck happened but his fire seems gone. Paulie has to be hands down the most annoying and boring fighter in the boxing today i can't waite to see that piece of sh*t strecthed.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn, guess this fight didn't get much attention. I was hyped for this one, and Paulie got his revenge. He boxed a much better fight I though and stayed on the outside more. He used his jab well and even stunned Diaz in the 6th round with an uppercut. The only time his ring antics bugged me was in the 6th, when I thought he could have put it on Diaz and drop him, but instead showboated. I felt it was a close fight at the point and that the point would have made a difference. He fought well though and deserved his revenge.

I'm a pretty big fan of Malignaggi and have been since 03. I can understand though why people don't like him though. He's always willing to fight anybody though and gives a good effort. I don't think you'll see Paulie streched out anytime soon. He's a tough dude for sure. Call me crazy or a "fanboy", but I think his style and that jab could give Bradley big problems. He's one of the fastest at 140 and he'll get back to the top.
Jack 1000
Better fight for Paulie. I had him up 115-112. Was that a bullshit knockdown or what?!

Jack
Imperius3
8-4 Malignaggi.

Paulie boxed much better than he did before, but I also think the bigger ring and the higher weight helped him too. I wouldn't mind seeing him against Bradley, Marquez, or Khan. Very interesting fights.

Diaz needs to stay at 135. I don't think he's done, he's always just been a little one dimensional. I'd like to see him fight the winner of Valero-DeMarco. That's a good fight for him and very winnable.

What do you guys think of Ronnie Shields as a trainer? I don't think he's a bad trainer, but I didn't agree with some of the advice he was giving Diaz. In a competitive fight, he told Diaz to take a round off just because he got buzzed? That was wack.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 13 2009, 12:07 AM) *
I really can't get over Paulie's in ring antics...dude is a legend in his own mind....if there's any Malignaggi fanboys out there, they deserve to be shot in the face...

Well said CEO.

I can't stand that little bitch.
WindyCityP
I'm a pretty big fan of Malignaggi and have been since 03. I can understand though why people don't like him though

You've been Cory Spinks only fan since back in the day so that explains your appreciation for boring pillow punching fighters Kyle.
thefloatingmonkey
Diaz did not look good. He wasn't putting on the pressure and should have made it a rough fight for Pauli. Pauli on the other hand danced around and threw his jab. Nothing very exciting.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 13 2009, 03:30 AM) *
Well said CEO.

I think Paulie is the only fighter I know of that waxes his eye brows. What is up with that?? Fighters dont wax.
PR316
8-4 rounds score for Malignaggi. Dominated him IMO. First fight was close with Paulie still deserving of the decision IMO but this time it was just a waste of time.

Diaz doesn't have the fire. Its gone. Diaz used to fight like his nickname suggests. All out aggresion lots of punching, head movement and he would outwork his opponents everytime. Not saying Diaz was great before, but he's not the fighter he once was.

Lots of good matchups at 140. Hope they can be made.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 13 2009, 03:30 AM) *
Well said CEO.

He IS that little brother of somebody in a group of friends that tags along everywhere you go and won't STFU, but he's so quick you can't catch up with him to slap his annoying ass silly.

He makes it hard to admit that HE is Sicilian.

Fantasy Bitch Slapping Of 2010- Marquez v My Uncle Paulie's Namesake.

Thegreatequalizer
diaz definitely didn't look the same last night. i don't think he's quite done though it kind of looked like it. i think the combination of weight and paulie's style that made him look bad. he doesn't belong above 135 and shouldn't really fight slick boxers.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 13 2009, 01:42 PM) *
He IS that little brother of somebody in a group of friends that tags along everywhere you go and won't STFU, but he's so quick you can't catch up with him to slap his annoying ass silly.

He makes it hard to admit that HE is Sicilian.

Fantasy Bitch Slapping Of 2010- Marquez v My Uncle Paulie's Namesake.

LOL!!!!

A real good boxing friend of mine can't stand Paulie's style of fighting so much that he told me he doesn't recall watching a Malinaggi fight all the way through! LOL!

He does remind me of Camacho Sr in more ways than one!

Jack
Spyder
QUOTE (Boxingjunkie @ Dec 13 2009, 11:04 AM) *
I think Paulie is the only fighter I know of that waxes his eye brows.

Robin Reid.
Snoop
QUOTE (Boxingjunkie @ Dec 13 2009, 04:04 PM) *
I think Paulie is the only fighter I know of that waxes his eye brows. What is up with that?? Fighters dont wax.

Miguel Cotto. Though he may pluck, not wax.
Snoop
QUOTE (PR316 @ Dec 13 2009, 04:22 PM) *
Diaz doesn't have the fire. Its gone. Diaz used to fight like his nickname suggests. All out aggresion lots of punching, head movement and he would outwork his opponents everytime. Not saying Diaz was great before, but he's not the fighter he once was.

Agreed. The entire time I was asking myself "Where's the 'Baby Bull'?" Diaz's advantage has always been in his volume punching and overwhelming his opponents with combinations and pressure. Last Sat was the first time I watched him actually try and chase a guy around the ring 1 punch at a time.

I'm a pretty big fan of Malignaggi and have been since 03. I can understand though why people don't like him though

I've always respected Paulie ever since his willingness to finish that Cotto fight. I became sort of a "semi-fan" when I heard him speak the truth after the first Diaz fight. But damn, all that faded away when he started those cornyass antics in the FIRST ROUND last Sat.
The CEO
That's the thing about Paulie....right when you wanna start likin' him a little again, he fucks himself...again.

He's not NEARLY good enough to act the way he did in there the other night...against a guy who ALREADY had a win over him...even Mayweather was more subtle against a harmless Bruseles with his "Patriots" comment to the HBO team...

I like to hear his thoughts on Boxing sometimes, and that's about it...the guy is a natural born DOUCHE.
Spyder
Paulie gives the most HONEST post fight interviews around.
King Eugene
Let me see Paulie vs. Ortiz or Khan next!
JonnyBlaze
I've always liked Paulie..I don't go around saying that though..hahahaha..I'd get too much shit for liking him,especially on here(which I have before)..I thought he looked really good against Diaz..When he uses his footwork,keeps his jab out there,and mixes in some combos when he needs to, he is a tough guy to beat..He only has 3 losses to top guys..I'd like to see Paulie/Bradley or Paulie/Campbell next...

Paulie does something that most fighters either don't do or can't do, and that's punch on the move..Not just the jab,but I'm talking about other punches too..I saw Paulie throwing punches while moving to his left and right..Was he perfectly balanced when doing it??No,but fighters today don't focus on balance AS much as they should..All the best fighters out today besides Hopkins don't have great balance..Mayweather doesn't,Pac-man doesn't,and the list goes on..Hopkins has the most similar style to what my style is and is still becoming I think..Ray Robinson and Joe Louis have the same exact style I'm learning and doing..

Paulie does need to control himself more in the ring and after a fight though..Some of his clowning during the fight I could of handled but did too much of it..I hated it when he stunned Diaz and he just bullshitted the rest of the round..The face he made when he stunned him was funny as hell but the rest of the shit he did was stupid..It was also funny when he got hit low and he looked and the crowd when the crowd was booing and was basically saying through gestures"what the fuck do ya want me to do,my nuts just got blasted"..That was classic and I'm surprised I haven't seen other fighters do that..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.