Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Victor Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
I have yet to see his fight but I hope he someday gets a rematch vs. Maidana...He had Maidana down twice but Maidana was too much but I'm sure Victor learned from that...I know Victor has the talent to be a top dog at 140...
Imperius3
A rematch with Maidana needs to happen. Tonight didn't really answer any questions, and our questions can't be answered until Ortiz is in the ring with Maidana again. Ortiz needs to prove to us and himself that he has what it takes to be a champ.
kidbazooka1
He looked pretty good tonight he picked his shots a little better and boxed a bit he dropped Diaz with a straight left and cut him with a jab he won every rd. I actualy thought Diaz experience was gonna give ortiz some problems but Ortiz dominated. He looked just liek the Ortiz before the Maidana fight.

I say he should go after Maidana right away or another top 140lb he obviuosly has the skills i just hope he has the heart aswell.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 13 2009, 02:50 AM) *
I think every ones questions were answered when he quit. I can understand fighters quitting when they are old and worn like Morales did with Pacquiao, but Ortiz wasn't getting an absolute belting, and was young and fresh. He showed he doesn't have the heart of a champion and those things you have or don't. He clearly doesn't. He will only ever be just a decent solid guy.

I'm gonna give him another chance. He's still young, he can learn from the past. I'm not sold on him yet, but I'm willing to see if he can redeem himself.
JLUVBABY
i thought victor lookid timid last night... i could be wrong but i think he is having lasting effects from the madiana fight... he didnt seem as "VICIOUS" to me last night...
provo
I agree with Fitz ,Ortiz just don't have the heart

I think he won't stick around that long as soon as he gets tagged by a top 140 fighter that will be it , he'll quit again ..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 13 2009, 11:31 AM) *
I agree with Fitz ,Ortiz just don't have the heart

I think he won't stick around that long as soon as he gets tagged by a top 140 fighter that will be it , he'll quit again ..

you on the money provo... you could see "it" in his eyes during the interview before the fight... h may be good but his heart is not in it... i a fight where he may have to dig down deep i dont think he wants to have to go there..
JLUVBABY
i see you on here coyote.. whats gonna be your next pic you work on?
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 13 2009, 03:50 AM) *
I think every ones questions were answered when he quit. I can understand fighters quitting when they are old and worn like Morales did with Pacquiao, but Ortiz wasn't getting an absolute belting, and was young and fresh. He showed he doesn't have the heart of a champion and those things you have or don't. He clearly doesn't. He will only ever be just a decent solid guy.

I agree. It's too bad because he's fast and has really solid skills and is in a white hot division, but he's not willing to win at all costs or go out on his shield trying. He'll probably outpoint some solid fighters along the way, but he'll never be great.

EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 13 2009, 10:01 AM) *
i thought victor lookid timid last night... i could be wrong but i think he is having lasting effects from the madiana fight... he didnt seem as "VICIOUS" to me last night...

lol he has never really been vicious IMO. I think he got to where he is by fighting c-d level fighters he'll always have problems with guys that have equal or some what near the skills he has and any fighter that remotley has heart.

Diaz was old mismatch which is why you can see he was suppose to be judah's easy Ko on floyd's undercard.

I think golden boy saw what we saw and will match him carefully to get every dollar they can get our of him possible they should keep him away from khan, devon, bradley.

perhaps a fight with diaz???

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 13 2009, 12:40 PM) *
lol he has never really been vicious IMO. I think he got to where he is by fighting c-d level fighters he'll always have problems with guys that have equal or some what near the skills he has and any fighter that remotley has heart.

Diaz was old mismatch which is why you can see he was suppose to be judah's easy Ko on floyd's undercard.

I think golden boy saw what we saw and will match him carefully to get every dollar they can get our of him possible they should keep him away from khan, devon, bradley.

perhaps a fight with diaz???

tell me what you think but i think diaz has seen his better days... i hope he brings at least one more good fight card to houston... that fight last night took a lot out of his confidence... he should have never fought mallinaggi again... should have just moved on...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 13 2009, 12:01 PM) *

I think that had more to do with him just tryin gto compose himself instead of going out there and getting wreckless thats how he lost the Maidana fight.

To me he looked like the same Ortiz before the Maidana fight. But as far as his heart goes it still a big question mark for me aswell.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 13 2009, 03:00 PM) *
I think that had more to do with him just tryin gto compose himself instead of going out there and getting wreckless thats how he lost the Maidana fight.

To me he looked like the same Ortiz before the Maidana fight. But as far as his heart goes it still a big question mark for me aswell.

i just read an article where they are discussing a possible ortiz/bradley fight.. no way ortiz is ready for that right now... ortiz style has changed from him last fight bazooka.. i was thinking bout who to compare him to and the name that comes to mind is hector camacho sr... after he got buzzed hard by rosario.... he was never the same again... they both have the same mind set... good fighters but no heart to go into the trenches and stay there if it depends... actually camacho is better cuzz he would run and at least last.. ortiz unless he shows a new heart tells me he will quit again if it comes down to it and he sees no light at the end of the tunnel... if that was the case leonard would have quit against against hearns in that first fight... ortiz will have to prove his goods in fights against top ranked fighters to earn MY trust again... he was timid last night against a guy that a few fights ago he would have freight trained..
tymoney
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 13 2009, 03:40 PM) *
tell me what you think but i think diaz has seen his better days... i hope he brings at least one more good fight card to houston... that fight last night took a lot out of his confidence... he should have never fought mallinaggi again... should have just moved on...

I agree, Diaz just like Ortiz was overrated into something more then what they really are.. not to say that these guys dont have talent b/c they do..but diaz is just too damn one dimensional.. anybody with B-level boxing skills will beat him with ease..as you seen it happen last nite with paulie. And as far as Ortiz, like everyone else already said..he has the talent but lack heart. In the Maidanna fight he still had a chance to win it was only in what round 7 when he quit? And he certainly wasnt taking a real beating just got caught with a few good shots..so its obvious his heart aint in it.. I give it one more borderline tough fight and he'll be done for good!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (tymoney @ Dec 13 2009, 05:25 PM) *
I agree, Diaz just like Ortiz was overrated into something more then what they really are.. not to say that these guys dont have talent b/c they do..but diaz is just too damn one dimensional.. anybody with B-level boxing skills will beat him with ease..as you seen it happen last nite with paulie. And as far as Ortiz, like everyone else already said..he has the talent but lack heart. In the Maidanna fight he still had a chance to win it was only in what round 7 when he quit? And he certainly wasnt taking a real beating just got caught with a few good shots..so its obvious his heart aint in it.. I give it one more borderline tough fight and he'll be done for good!

exactly which is why i could see golden boy doing ortiz vs diaz keep the money in house plus its probably the safest bet for GBP since one fighter will come out victorious.

Ortiz will get ruined against bradley and urango...alexander might ruin him too but Im not sold on devon so If anything I could see them matching him up with devon if they dont go for diaz IMO.

second anyone else think Diaz looked hella flabby last night def 135 is best for diaz but guess he cant pass up the tamale's and menudo
RollsRoyce
Ortiz needs to stay away from any form of pressure fighter. At this point, I believe even Juan Diaz would get him outta there. Bradley, Torres, Juan Diaz, Urango, Hatton, and Maidana would all beat him. He needs to fight pure boxer types. I think he has a chance against Malignaggi, D-Hop, Alexander, Peterson, Figueroa, Judah, and Holt.

If they really wanna test him to see if he can rebound, they should put him in against Randall Bailey. Bailey is past it, but still has serious power in his right. Sooner or later, Ortiz will get caught, and it's how he responds to that punch that will tell the future for him. He doesn't need to fight Maidana imediately. A fight with Bailey would be perfect for him tho.
HaydelHammer
is this the same victor that folded like a tent from walmart after sh*t got rough for him his last fight?

This the same clown after that same fight basically saying he got rushed into a tough fight and he's young and don't need to be taking a$$ beatings like this .....its not in the contract..LOL
The CEO
I used the Middleweight version of Toney against Ortiz and Malignaggi today in Fight Night...it felt great.

There shouldn't be any more threads about Ortiz until he proves he loves Boxing and desperately wants to be a Champion...there's 100 guys out there who would die to have his support and be in his position...
Lil-lightsout
Ortiz needs to beat a top fighter if he wants to gain some respect back. Beating Diaz means nothing. What he did before is something that will be hard to change. Boxing is a rough and dangerous sport, and whats gonna happen if he is in that position again? I hate when fighters get so hyped before really even proving there mettle.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Dec 14 2009, 05:38 PM) *
I used the Middleweight version of Toney against Ortiz and Malignaggi today in Fight Night...it felt great.

There shouldn't be any more threads about Ortiz until he proves he loves Boxing and desperately wants to be a Champion...there's 100 guys out there who would die to have his support and be in his position...

that real talk ceo... matter of fact their are guys that are more deservent of the attention he gets that dont get it and probably never will...
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 15 2009, 06:17 PM) *
that real talk ceo... matter of fact their are guys that are more deservent of the attention he gets that dont get it and probably never will...

which was why I was against ortiz and even khan being in this 140 tournament that was suppose to happen. I mean those two def do not deserve the fame they would get from that tourney than Bradley or even urango who has been in there with better competition.

But with Khan having the UK behind him and ortiz having GBP behind him, they get spoon feed this opportunities.
Mean Mister Mustard
Ortiz is a good counterpuncher with quick heavy hands. Unfortunately quitting is seen as a big no-no in boxing and until he shows his mettle against top opposition, people will, still doubt him. I think he can find solace in the fact that he did get his ass kicked for the whole fight. He was scoring well and looked to be on his way to stopping Maidana but the tough man from South America was able to impose his will on him and that's what worries people. That the next time he faces a guy who won't stop coming, he will quit again. Maybe not quit like the Maidana fight but quit like JOnes did in his 3rd fight with Tarver, where he was just looking to survive.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Dec 16 2009, 03:32 PM) *
which was why I was against ortiz and even khan being in this 140 tournament that was suppose to happen. I mean those two def do not deserve the fame they would get from that tourney than Bradley or even urango who has been in there with better competition.

But with Khan having the UK behind him and ortiz having GBP behind him, they get spoon feed this opportunities.

i dont want to shit on khan just yet... he caught a lot of flack for the prescott fight but has looked solid since in my opinion... imma give him a pass for now... personally i think khan is a dangerous fighter for any 140 and i cant rule him out of any fight he would make at that weight...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.