Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 Wishlist
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
xxxxxx
Obviously some of these fights will not happen, but we can always dream.

1. PBF vs PAC

2. PBF vs Mosley

3. Wlad vs Vitali

4. Haye vs Wlad/Vitali

5. Arreola vs Tua

6. Tua vs Briggs

7. Bradly vs Khan

8. Guzman vs Funeka II

9. Martinez vs Williams II

10. Hopkins vs Dawson
RollsRoyce
Povetkin vs. Haye
Arreola vs. Haye
Adamek vs. Haye
Dawkins vs. Tavoris Cloud
Bute vs. Ward
Allan Green vs. Bika
Bika vs. Miranda
Danny Jacobs vs. Paul Williams
Martinez vs. Williams II
Pacquiao vs. Mayweather (Of coarse)
Cotto vs. Mosley II
Cotto vs. Cintron
Berto vs. Mosley
Berto vs. Tim Bradley
Bradley vs. Khan
Maidana vs. Khan
Maidana vs. Hatton
Bradley vs. Alexander
Torres vs. Holt III
Marquez vs. Valero
Valero vs. Maidana
Marquez vs. Funeka
Guerrero vs. Soto
Gamboa vs. Linares
Vazquez vs. Ponce De Leon
Gamboa vs. Juanma Lopez
Lopez vs. Caballero
Mtagwa vs. Gaballero
Mtagwa vs. Rafa Marquez
Hasagawa vs. Montiel
Segura vs. Mayol
Viloria vs. Calderon
PR316
Mayweather-Pacquiao- For no more than it would be the Leonard-Duran of this era.

Williams-Martinez II- Thought Martinez won the first time but it was close and deserving of a rematch.

Lopez vs Cabellero- I think Juanma can shut his mouth but maybe Top Rank doesn't believe so??..

Cotto vs Cintron- Puerto Rico bragging rights.

John vs Gamboa- If Gamboa is what people think he is, then they should make this one and have the winner face the winner of Lopez-Caballero

Valero vs Marquez- What a war that would be!!

Khan vs Hatton- Ricky would get beat badly but it would at least give Khan a name on his ledger.

There are more but if just those get done the entire year, it would a good one for boxing.
provo
Mayweather vs Pac
Mayweather vs Shane/berto winner !
Mayweather vs Calzaghee in Dec at a catchweight .
Valero vs JMM
Valero vs Pac -after Pac loose2Floyd .
JMM vs Cotto
Calzaghee vs Dawson
Bradley vs Berto
Bradley vs Khan
Aareola vs Toney
Gamboa vs lopez !
Danny garcia vs Victor ortiz .
JLUVBABY
juanma vs. gamboa
pac vs mayweather
dawson vs pascal
haye vs either klit or adamek (pref. adamek better fight)
berto/mosley winner vs pac vs may winner
bradley vs khan/hatton/alexander or better yet mix that quad up however and throw in maidana and mallinaggi and a few others and make a tournament
valero vs demarco/jmm/ or even juan diaz

salvador
Like everyone else here, I'd like to see Gamboa-Lopez.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 13 2009, 12:24 PM) *
Like everyone else here, I'd like to see Gamboa-Lopez.

thats a fight that needs to be made.. the longer they wait it just robs us fans... i see this fight like i saw mosely and mayweather when they where at the lighter weight divisions.. if it happens later it wont be as good as it is now if they get to moving up in weight...
SmartyBeardo
Pacman v PBF
Winner of Berto v Mosley versus Pacman v PBF winner
Loser of Berto v Mosley versus Pacman v PBF loser
JMM v Cotto
Malignaggi v Funeka
JMM v Cotto winner versus Malignaggi v Funeka winner
JMM v Cotto loser versus Malignaggi v Funeka loser
Williams v Pavlik
Martinez v Spinks
Winner of Williams v Pavlik versus Martinez v Spinks winner
PBF versus the winner (Williams, Pavlik, Martinez, Spinks)
TPR v anyone foolish enough to get within striking distance of him (I know this is boxing but I figured I'd throw this MMA one in)
BH v Toneless
Arreola v Ustinov
Klit v Klit
Haye v Toneless
Holyfield v Retirement
D-MARV
PWill-Mayweather
PWill-Pavlik
PWill-Martinez II
Mayweather-Pacquiao
Mosley-Martinez
Haye VS Wladimir Klitschko
Dawson-Hopkins
Dawson-Pascal
Bradley-Pacquiao
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 13 2009, 04:01 PM) *
thats a fight that needs to be made.. the longer they wait it just robs us fans... i see this fight like i saw mosely and mayweather when they where at the lighter weight divisions.. if it happens later it wont be as good as it is now if they get to moving up in weight...

I've been trying to think of an example where two such hot young prospects actually met this early in their careers and I can't come up with any.

And since they're both managed (I believe) by Arum I'm not going to hold my breath. It's a shame because right now would be the time for it to happen.
Big Slim Sweet
I thought Top Rank had designs on doing Lopez-Gamboa by the summer, after they each fight on the same card Jan 23.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 13 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I've been trying to think of an example where two such hot young prospects actually met this early in their careers and I can't come up with any.

And since they're both managed (I believe) by Arum I'm not going to hold my breath. It's a shame because right now would be the time for it to happen.

last time i can remember prospects fighting this early was back in the early 90's when the heavy weight contenders (nicknamed the young lions) fought each other... mercer/morrison.. bowe/seldon... etc....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Dec 13 2009, 04:36 PM) *
I thought Top Rank had designs on doing Lopez-Gamboa by the summer, after they each fight on the same card Jan 23.

id have to see it to believe it sweetness.. why would they need another fight on a twinbill?... they both just won... its a fans fight..
salvador
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Dec 13 2009, 06:36 PM) *

I'd love to believe it, but given how long Arum milked Cotto and given how much attention both fighters are getting right now, I would just assume that Arum could put 5 or 6 of these double bill fights together before giving one of his money makers a loss. I really hope you're right, because after Lopez's last fight against Mtgawa and given the fact that Gamboa hits the canvas more often than not in his fights, I'd really hate to see this one get derailed.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 13 2009, 05:16 PM) *
I'd love to believe it, but given how long Arum milked Cotto and given how much attention both fighters are getting right now, I would just assume that Arum could put 5 or 6 of these double bill fights together before giving one of his money makers a loss. I really hope you're right, because after Lopez's last fight against Mtgawa and given the fact that Gamboa hits the canvas more often than not in his fights, I'd really hate to see this one get derailed.

thank you... arum is from the old school way of making big fights... its the reason tyson holyfield took so lomg to be made... that was a fight for the late 80's yet we saw it at a time when both fighters where considered at the end of their careers... or shall i say past their best... same thing with this mayweather mosely fight people on this board clamor for... the fight should have been made back when they where in the light weight divisions... now no matter who was to have won that fight they would be lined up to fight again but it is what it is i guess... some may argue that mosely took the bigger fight in hoya but that fight could have been made at least a year before mosely moved up... and again some may argue that mayweahter didnt have a name yet but look it up mayweather had already had signature wins under his belt a year if not longer before mosely moved up...
STEVENSKI
My wish for 2015.

Mayweather jr jangling a Empy starbucks cup soliciting dimes from passerby & getting mocking laughs & the odd beer bottle thrown at him.
Waybetter
not going to lie..
after the pac mayweather fight
which i feal like mayweather is going to win

ill love to see Khan vs Mayweather
I honestly think Khan will Give Floyd a fight
(Mark My Words...This Fight is going to Happen in England)

Malinaggi vs Marquez
Williams vs Palvik
Williams vs Mosely
Margarito vs Cotto II(This is a CrossRoads Fight..Loser might as well retire)
Tua vs Haye
Pacquio vs Mosely
Ortiz vs Diaz
Dawson vs Hopkins/Calzaghe

and the Continuation of the Super 6 of course
RollsRoyce
QUOTE (RollsRoyce @ Dec 13 2009, 11:01 AM) *
Povetkin vs. Haye-i like povetkin's work rate and Haye's desire to slug w/ speed
Arreola vs. Haye-because I believe this could be the most exciting fight available at hvy.
Adamek vs. Haye-who's the true best cruiser even at hvy.
Dawkins vs. Tavoris Cloud-because Dawson ducked him. Time to man up if ur gonna call out Hopkins for doing what u already did to someone else.
Bute vs. Ward-they are right now the best at 168
Allan Green vs. Bika-is green the truth?
Bika vs. Miranda-just for entertainment purposes
Danny Jacobs vs. Paul Williams-how good is this kid Danny?
Martinez vs. Williams II-because Martinez deserves the rematch
Pacquiao vs. Mayweather-P4P champion of coarse
Cotto vs. Mosley II-Does Cotto still got it?
Cotto vs. Cintron-this would be a great fight
Berto vs. Mosley-is berto the truth?
Berto vs. Tim Bradley-who's faster? Who's better?
Bradley vs. Khan-bc I like to see bradley work
Maidana vs. Khan-is Khan's chin really flimsy as they say?
Maidana vs. Hatton-who hits harder?
Bradley vs. Alexander-unification
Torres vs. Holt III-because both the other fights seemed flukey but ended in big KO's
Marquez vs. Valero-king of 135
Valero vs. Maidana-who hits harder?
Marquez vs. Funeka-is funeka really as good as he's looked in his last few fights?
Guerrero vs. Soto-unification
Gamboa vs. Linares-who's chin is softer?
Vazquez vs. Ponce De Leon- loser's out
Gamboa vs. Juanma Lopez-bc it needs to happen
Lopez vs. Caballero-bc they need to stop ducking the true king of 122
Mtagwa vs. Caballero-bc Mtagwa's bound to catch him w/ something. how will he respond?
Mtagwa vs. Rafa Marquez-Does Rafa have anything left
Hasagawa vs. Montiel-unification
Segura vs. Mayol-bc i know segura will foul back if mayol tries that crap
Viloria vs. Calderon-unification.

AussieLad
QUOTE (Waybetter @ Dec 14 2009, 05:18 AM) *

wtf.gif

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 14 2009, 11:37 AM) *
wtf.gif

I wouldnt be too suprised by that one Aussielad, think about it, Fraud always talks about wanting to fight in England, if Khan can keep winning and building his fanbase he fits the bill perfectly for Fraud. A recent lightweight who would be forced up to 147
blackbelt2003
Mar 2010 - Chad Dawson KO 1 Joe Calzaghe

June 2010 - Bernard Hopkins KO 1 Joe Calzaghe

Sep 2010 - Carl Froch KO 1 Joe Calzaghe

Dec 2010 - Ivan Calderon KO 1 Joe Calzaghe

That would do me nicely.

Black
AussieLad
I agree, it is just the sort of thing floyd would do. I was more surprised that someone would actually want to see it... dntknw.gif
Waybetter
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Dec 14 2009, 06:37 AM) *
wtf.gif

didnt say that for no reason...
trust me...
this fight is goin to happen
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Waybetter @ Dec 15 2009, 12:09 AM) *
didnt say that for no reason...
trust me...
this fight is goin to happen

Can you qualify that in any way? Not calling you a liar, just wondering how it is that you can be so sure
Lil-lightsout
Mosley-Mayweather
Toney-Vitali
Haye-Wlad
Lopez-Cabellero
Tua-Arreola
Bradley-Malignaggi
Pavlik-Williams
Mosley-Pac
King Eugene
I wish.....

Roy would become a trainer and help promote Salita better!

Hopkins fight Dawson and pass the crown.

one of the Mayweathers punch the shit out of Freddie "The Joke Coach" Roach

Floyd and Manny fight in Dallas and by the graces of God I some how get free tickets.

an American HW would bring the crown home even if its Arreola.

Tarver got knocked out by Cloud for the state of Florida Supremacy.

Pavlik fights either Paul Williams or Winky Wright

Calzaghe comes out of retirement and gets stopped in the first round.

Jermaine Taylor not get KO'd in his next fight.

Mosley grows some balls and make GBP push for better fights for him.

PWill Unifies the 154 lb titles and top it off by Icing Spinks!

James Toney fights in the UFC

Haye knocks out one of the Klits (better chance at Wlad)

I'm not wishing for Pac vs. May cause thats going to happen.

Oh and I wish to God that Chavez Jr. fights a name opponent and get starches within 6!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 13 2009, 09:38 PM) *
thank you... arum is from the old school way of making big fights... its the reason tyson holyfield took so lomg to be made... that was a fight for the late 80's yet we saw it at a time when both fighters where considered at the end of their careers... or shall i say past their best... same thing with this mayweather mosely fight people on this board clamor for... the fight should have been made back when they where in the light weight divisions... now no matter who was to have won that fight they would be lined up to fight again but it is what it is i guess... some may argue that mosely took the bigger fight in hoya but that fight could have been made at least a year before mosely moved up... and again some may argue that mayweahter didnt have a name yet but look it up mayweather had already had signature wins under his belt a year if not longer before mosely moved up...

Holyfield-Tyson took so long to get made because other circumstances lept interfering. Namely, Tyson lost to Douglas in Feb 1990 when he and Holyfield had a deal to fight in June 1990. Douglas then defended the title against Holyfield. Then after Holy won the belt he and Tyson were signed to fight November 1991 but Mike pulled out a couple weeks before the fight with an abdominal injury. Holyfield went on to fight Bert Cooper instead. Then Mike had his trial and went to jail for 3 years. He and Holyfield fought about a year and change after he got out.

Mosley-Mayweather would have been a great fight in 1999. It wouldn't have been anywhere near the money maker it would be today but it would have been an absolute fight fan's dream. My guess is both guys at the time figured there'd be ample time down the road to mix it up when they were bigger stars. But now Floyd thinks he's TOO big a star for Shane. And the fight fans lose.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Dec 16 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Holyfield-Tyson took so long to get made because other circumstances lept interfering. Namely, Tyson lost to Douglas in Feb 1990 when he and Holyfield had a deal to fight in June 1990. Douglas then defended the title against Holyfield. Then after Holy won the belt he and Tyson were signed to fight November 1991 but Mike pulled out a couple weeks before the fight with an abdominal injury. Holyfield went on to fight Bert Cooper instead. Then Mike had his trial and went to jail for 3 years. He and Holyfield fought about a year and change after he got out.

Mosley-Mayweather would have been a great fight in 1999. It wouldn't have been anywhere near the money maker it would be today but it would have been an absolute fight fan's dream. My guess is both guys at the time figured there'd be ample time down the road to mix it up when they were bigger stars. But now Floyd thinks he's TOO big a star for Shane. And the fight fans lose.

sweetness my thoughts on holyfield tyson is that fight was hot before tyson even signed to fight douglas... actually that fight could have been made after tyson beat spinks and from what i remember at the time would have more than likely been made had tyson not sided with king and stayed with cayton.. cayton knew holyfield was getting more and more dangerous each time he fought as a heavyweight and is on record saying that tyson should have fought holyfield in the early stages of holyfield moving to the heavyweight division....

as for floyd/mosely i dont wanna get the floyd haters started but floyd pushed for that fight, at least verbally on hbo after a few of his fights and this is back when mosely was a lightweight champ... like ive always said i dont blame mosely for eventually going after hoya but that fight was in the making a good year and a half before mosely moved up and just never came to fruitation..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 15 2009, 11:12 PM) *
Add to my earlier list-

Bute v Abraham

yes sir i like this fight..
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Waybetter @ Dec 13 2009, 09:18 PM) *
not going to lie..
after the pac mayweather fight
which i feal like mayweather is going to win

I'm a growing Khan fan and have been incredibly impressed by him since his loss to Prescott, but at this point in his career......Mayweather would beat the fuck out of Khan PERIOD...Khan may give him some trouble early, but I still think khan leaves himself exposed and not to mention the questions surrounding his chin. Who I would LOVE to see Khan face is Victor Ortiz or Tim Bradley

Khan vs Ortiz/Bradley

Bradley vs Maidana

Donaire vs Darchinyan II

Gamboa vs Lopez

Dawson vs Hopkins

Valero vs Soto

Pac vs Mayweather/Mosley

Mosley vs Mayweather

Williams vs Martinez II

Hatton vs Kobayashi (hot dog eating contest)
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 16 2009, 08:30 PM) *
sweetness my thoughts on holyfield tyson is that fight was hot before tyson even signed to fight douglas... actually that fight could have been made after tyson beat spinks and from what i remember at the time would have more than likely been made had tyson not sided with king and stayed with cayton.. cayton knew holyfield was getting more and more dangerous each time he fought as a heavyweight and is on record saying that tyson should have fought holyfield in the early stages of holyfield moving to the heavyweight division....

I agree it could have been made earlier. I believe Tyson KO'd Bruno and Holyfield KO'd Dokes a few weeks from each other. They could and should have lined it up then. But Tyson's career was already careening off track by that point anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.