Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Capital of Modern Boxing?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
NY?

LA?

LV?

Philly?

Mexico City?

Berlin?

Manila?

Buenos Aires?

Malibu?
KookedKrack
I would say Vegas there is nothing like Vegas on a big fight night.....
King Eugene
Vegas is where its at but MSG is the Mecca!
lloyd mayflower
Vegas hands down. The blood sweat and tears get laid down all over the world. But every fighter doing it has his eye on one destination. Vegas is a boxing magnet drawing fighters and fans from every corner of the globe. Man, i fuckin love Vegas!
KookedKrack
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Dec 15 2009, 12:00 PM) *
Vegas hands down. The blood sweat and tears get laid down all over the world. But every fighter doing it has his eye on one destination. Vegas is a boxing magnet drawing fighters and fans from every corner of the globe. Man, i fuckin love Vegas!

smile_anim.gif

The women, alcohol/drugs, and gambling don't hurt either.
RollsRoyce
capital as in where the biggest fights happen or where the best fighters have been getting found?
KENSOFINE
Vegas now, MSG historically.
Spyder
Where is the most successful puppy factory of boxing?

Cuba.

But if we're just talking about professional boxing? I'd say it depends on what you're looking for...

If you like toughness, then Mexico and Philadelphia have it on lock.
Speed and explosiveness...Florida and New York.
Pure boxers...Michigan and DC.
California has a good mix of everything.

Each region just rotates who the best is at the moment.
RollsRoyce
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 15 2009, 03:38 PM) *
Yeah, that was pretty vague.

It is obvious that the gold-plated toilet is the current Mecca of boxing.

It's hard to say, and def a good question. If we're going by pure #'s, I'd day the U.S., but if we're going by %'s of world class boxers/population, I'd have to go with an Island nation. Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Philippines all would be good places to start the search.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 15 2009, 02:38 PM) *

its starting to look like eastern europe to me... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 15 2009, 08:20 PM) *
I would say the UK. The C.E.O will agree with this statement.

i dont know fitz... the germans and russians putting out some hard nosed boys... i also consider poland and any other country formely from the regime as eastern europe...
The CEO
lol...all I gotta say is....America is The Epicenter of Boxing Greatness and will remain on top until The End of Time.

CLOSE it!
Keith
The capital of boxing is Florida....

Winky
Roy
Berto
Tarver

Gamboa and Cotto train here

I'm sure I missed some
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 16 2009, 09:25 PM) *
Are LA, The Bronx, Joizy, Chitown, Mexico City, Manila, Kiev, San Juan, Buenos Aires, Rio, Johannesburg, London, Havana, and Magadan going to take this from The Professor?

Why do you keep calling me the Professor? I'm not sure if your bustin my ballz or not? I gots no problem with you dude. I'm actually glad you participate on the board and enjoy reading your posts. Did you give me that name because I cited some stats from Floyds career?

Anyways.... I was being a tad sarcastic. For its relative size and population Florida sucks in boxing.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 16 2009, 09:46 PM) *
And I'm being a tad sarcastic, man. I've been calling KookedKrack "Jimi", MarzB "The King Of Sighs", The CEO "Boss", KENSOFINE "KENNYSOPRETTY" (among other things), and Ollie whatever comes to mind at the time.

Take it anyway you like it.

For omnipotent being's sake, I call myself SmartyBeardo.

The test of a sense of humor is in the mirror.

Don't make me start psychoanalyzing you again, Professor.

Your a clown of the highest order!
Spyder
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 16 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Gotta take issue with you on this one , Boss. Certainly, the giant, gold-plated feces hole in the south Nevada sun is the epicenter of mega-fights currently. But, the former Eastern Bloc (including the former Soviet Union) is the premier puppy factory of boxing at this time.

The combination of access to modern boxing training, styles and strategies with mean streets that are not comprehendible unless you have walked them produces a thick-skulled, stone-fisted breed that is formidable individually and as a unit. They are ruthless, cunning and above all tough as a vault door.

I prefer trading punches or more with ROK Marines.

All they got on lock is the Heavyweights.
King Eugene
They should bring some of these bigger fights back to the east coast. I'd love to see another big fight in Miami. When was the last one...Roy vs. Glen Kelly? It would be the perfect spot for fights in the summer. Atlanta would be another good spot to host fights, hell bring some to Charlotte as well.
mexi-cutioner
NORTH AMERICA: LAS VEGAS/MEXICO
LATIN AMERICA: CUBA
EUROPE: U.K.
ASIA: PHILIPPINES

Yes, all the big fights do happen in Vegas, but I don't know if I'd consider it the boxing Mecca since it's merely the place to host big fights...but if we're talking about regions around the world where boxing truly shines I would say Vegas,Mexico,Cuba,U.K. and the Philippines as the top 5 now imo
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 16 2009, 08:49 PM) *
Yeah they generate better fighters, but I was only kidding. I was just winding CEO (Hatton's biggest fan) up laugh.gif

hey if you wanna wind up ceo ask him bout those video game ass kickings i gave him on the ps3 on fnr4 and ufc... lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.