Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao To Sue Mayweather Sr et al...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
dominicbuilder9k1
Well, This type of thread was posted here before and it is alive again...
Mayweather Sr and another boxer has revive the Steroids accusations.
Pac's boxing fans in the Philippines are lambasting his legal advisers for doing nothing to depend their boss....

A lie repeatedly said becomes 'truth' to those who hear it again and again...and many Pacquiao supporters are urging him to make a case against the accusers otherwise the public may "believe" the "old Loud Mouth" is correct...

Latest info I've got (which is not verified),...Team Pacquiao will sue Mayweather Sr with finality and looks like another boxer is included in the complaint...No news yet when this will be done but Team Pacquiao is now resolve to "teach" the accusers a lesson they will remember...

What do you think..?..IS IT okay if Paquiao just ignore Mayweather Sr (AGAIN...and again..)...or will it be wise to bring him to court this time..?...
Share your thoughts..
thehype
Confucious say anyone can sue anyone over anything, but in the end, it's meaningless unless anyone wins.
KookedKrack
A lawsuit for him having an opinion? Shit, then half the people on this board(me included) are fucked.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 16 2009, 12:46 AM) *
A lawsuit for him having an opinion? Shit, then half the people on this board(me included) are fucked.

This goes beyond simply giving an opinion. This is making an allegation. A SERIOUS allegation in fact that goes to the point of defaming someone and intentionally trying to make people think that someone is doing not only unethical behavior, but ILLEGAL behavior.

Floyd Sr.'s been running his mouth with this shit and it's not something that should be ignored. I've said before that Manny ought to sue the ever living shit out of Sr. for saying what he's saying.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but when your "opinion" is being put out there by you as a direct insinuation and allegation of illegal activity, then they need to be sued, otherwise people will just assume it's true.

Remember when Jose Canseco was coming out and saying this guy was doing steroids, and that guy and this guy and that guy?

The general consensus was that these athletes who were saying that Jose was full of shit and they were thinking of suing, that unless they actually DID sue, then they were probably full of shit and Jose was right.

The belief being that if they had nothing to hide and were truly innocent, then they would sue. Otherwise they wouldn't because they would be afraid that Jose would have proof.

Same thing here. If Manny doesn't fight this, then his career will be tainted.
caneman
Sr is always saying some shit and personally I don't hardly listen to guy and many times I don't even finish reading his interviews! I am of the feeling that if they can sue him they should...MAYBE I won't have to hear from him for a minutem hahaha
King Eugene
He might as well sue good ol Paulie too then.
provo
This is stupid,team Pac needs to realize when u become popular and your a athlete people will talk shit on you all the time ,deal with it..it happens all the time with celebrities ...team Pac needs to be worried about March 13 not Mayweather sr .cause March 13 he's going 2 get his ass kicked.lol
provo
I personally think this is all mind games that the Mayweather camp is doing, they want to get under pacs skin and I think their doing it.Pac has already came out saying that he's bothered by Mayweather sr comentsand that's is giving him more fuel. That's nothing yet wait until fight time gets closer floyd jr is going to talk hella shit and get to pac to throw him off his game plan ,pac has never faced anyone that talks hella shit like floyd . Pac is going 2 forget his game plan and come in just swinging wild and who else is better at countering that Floyd jr ?
Snoop
In terms of having the right to sue, I'm with BrydMan. This is more of a defamation case based on no legitimate evidence. However, taking the issue to court only fans the flames; it keeps the allegations in the public eye, which could, as some of you have suggested, be their way of promoting the fight. But if it's truly about defamation of character, rumors like this are best ignored and are eventually forgotten.
mrwigi
i think if pac does sue, it will hurt the promotions of boxing because then boxers trainers and promoters alike will have to think twice about everything they say.
thehype
Margarito should sue some people too.
caneman
In some ways BHop was sued for the same thing by Old Lou DeBella! But whatever?!?!
Nay_Sayer
Did Mayweather sr actually make any allegations that Manny is juicing?

I don't think Pacquiao has a legal leg to stand on...
RollsRoyce
I asked a close personal friend of mine in an email about what he thought about the accusations against Pacquiao. This was his answer:

I will say this though, I used to box, I played college soccer, and I have a personal trainer license. For someone to go from 112 pounds - 147 after the age of 18 without a muscle to fat ration of 4/1. For every four pounds of muscle someone puts on they should put on one pound of fat in even the most impressive of circumstances.
The other thing that gets me is that the guy had a 28 inch waist when he fought at 112, and its still 28 at 147. So, to me, yes, it is very possible that he is taking some sort of performance enhancing drugs. I mean, he became so big in the Philippines, so big globally, that the pressure may have made him made less than desirable decisions. The guy comes from impossible circumstances, and may have been willing to do anything.

grammar police, pleased don't crucify me.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 16 2009, 09:24 AM) *
Margarito should sue some people too.

If he didn't do it, and can provide some type of evidence (which I don't know what he could possibly provide) then fuck yeah....If I was Margo and was innocent and had even a slight chance of proving that shit, I'd be suing any and every motherfucking person starting with the people who put me on the bench for a year.

Once again this isn't a simple case of "oh dude is soft, and I think he's a pussy" type of comment. Someone makes those types of comments you can shrug it off or talk shit back.

But when you start making accusations pertaining to something that affects your personal image and your character to THAT degree? And when it involves illegal activity, then you gotta sue if you're clean.

Especially given the past ten years as far as how steroids and PED's have taken over the sporting world as far as the news and media have covered it. Now all it takes is the mere perception that you were juicing, and people will negate things you've accomplished.

If Manny is truly clean on this, he needs to take a stand. In my eyes, that will always be a possibility as far as I can see it, but if he steps up and sues for being called out on that and he can win, then.....

I mean, sure he never failed a test, but technically neither has Barry Bonds.
JLUVBABY
bs lawsuit... this is boxing... have some nuts and take out the frustration on floyd jr if he has a problem... when you are on top you gonna have haters saying stuff... unless pacs people really have sumthin to hide... i dont think he's juicing but i will also say i wouldnt be suprised if pac was getting juiced unknowingly as well... take it out on his boy... lil floyd and shut the mouths.. if they know he's not juicing he shouldnt have a problem with random test... the sport nees that any way if you ask me... what would random testing for drugs hurt?..
provo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 16 2009, 04:08 PM) *
bs lawsuit... this is boxing... have some nuts and take out the frustration on floyd jr if he has a problem... when you are on top you gonna have haters saying stuff... unless pacs people really have sumthin to hide... i dont think he's juicing but i will also say i wouldnt be suprised if pac was getting juiced unknowingly as well... take it out on his boy... lil floyd and shut the mouths.. if they know he's not juicing he shouldnt have a problem with random test... the sport nees that any way if you ask me... what would random testing for drugs hurt?..

Good shit JLUV but I think he is on something LOL..
I think they should make the fighters take a Blood test anyone can beat a urine test!
One thing why is Pac and his camp getting so butt hurt about it? If it aint true they should just laugh it off ! Instead their getting offended talking about it in interviews and now threatening to sue! Someone sounds guilty LOL
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 16 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Good shit JLUV but I think he is on something LOL..
I think they should make the fighters take a Blood test anyone can beat a urine test!
One thing why is Pac and his camp getting so butt hurt about it? If it aint true they should just laugh it off ! Instead their getting offended talking about it in interviews and now threatening to sue! Someone sounds guilty LOL

it is what it is provo... what i mean is this kinda shits been going on in boxing since day one.. and when i say shit i mean the shit talking... there has been all kinds of foul things said about fighters from fighters themselves ali was the beast at this to managers promoters etc... if they know (pacs handlers) hes on the up and up get him ready to fight, pass the tests set forward which boxing needs anyway to me just gives the sport more credibility and commence to whip lil floyds ass if he's capable.. all this lawsuit stuff bringing a negative to the sport is a boatload of dung... shit.. besides judging by the way roach is talking he knows he has his hands full.. this is the fight roach did not want but arum knows the deal and this is his big gamble... instead of a lawsuit they need to be trying to get their robot ready for the best defensive fighter since pernell whitaker...
JLUVBABY

guys didnt want to make a new thread for this but this is my homie ragu talking roids in the sports arena in general... thought its worth listening to for us sports fans.. tell me what you think...
provo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 16 2009, 06:07 PM) *

guys didnt want to make a new thread for this but this is my homie ragu talking roids in the sports arena in general... thought its worth listening to for us sports fans.. tell me what you think...

Shit! My comp is fukd up im on my sidekick I can't watch videos... what is he saying Pac is on it LOL
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 16 2009, 09:07 PM) *

JLUV, I enjoyed your friend and feel the same about everything he said. If its TOO good to be true in sports these days... it probably is. You should tell that cat to join the board.
AussieLad
I think it is clearly demonstrated by the woods debacle that image effects your marketability. Your marketability effects your income (case in point woods losing endorsements left right and centre). Anything that damages the credibility of a fighters image damages their marketability, and therefore damages their income. If some crackhead like floyd snr is out there spouting shit about roids, being a high profile boxing trainer adding weight to his opinion.... i'd fucking sue the tool.
Imperius3
What exactly did Mayweather Sr say? If he just speculated Pac was on steroids, then they can't sue him for anything. But if he said, "Pac is on roids, I've seen him do it" or something like that, then that would definitely be slander.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Dec 17 2009, 01:04 AM) *
What exactly did Mayweather Sr say? If he just speculated Pac was on steroids, then they can't sue him for anything. But if he said, "Pac is on roids, I've seen him do it" or something like that, then that would definitely be slander.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/294585-...-is-on-steroids

Floyd’s “Pretty” son has long been criticized for avoiding the most challenging opponents, and the loony patriarch of the Mayweather clan already has said he would advise his offspring not to fight Pacquiao.

“I have my own personal reasons,” said Mayweather Sr., a flamboyant dresser who is known to don ridiculously colorful outfits likely designed for pimps. “I don’t think little Floyd should fight Pacquiao. I’ll just say that. I’ll let you figure it out.”

When pressed to identify his “own personal reasons,” Mayweather Sr. said that he is confident that Pacquiao’s ability to absorb Cotto’s powerful blows is proof that “Pac Man” is a juice-head.

“I know Floyd is the best,” said Mayweather Sr., a convicted cocaine smuggler and trafficker. “But when your opponent uses something illegal, even the best can get hurt.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/300462-...-give-it-a-rest

Just days after newly minted welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao delivered his biggest victory over the larger Miguel Cotto, the “S” word reared its ugly head. Again.

Floyd Mayweather, Sr., started the ball rolling in a September interview with the Grand Rapids Press, in which he accused Pacquiao of using steroids.

“I think they’re pushing Pacquiao a little too much, even if he’s got 'roids in his body,” Mayweather, Sr., said.

Many, like me, saw the comments as typical Mayweather bluster and discarded it as pre-fight hype junk mail.

Then, Floyd Sr. came again, implying that Pacquiao was using “something illegal” when discussing a possible match with Floyd Jr. to Sports Illustrated.

WolfishPromistah
Mayweather Sr. expressed his “opinion.” Did he make others believe it? I can only speak for myself, and the answer is no. Do I know that Manny is taking steroids? The answer there is also “no”; however, that does not mean he is not, which is one reason why I am glad that both he and Floyd Mayweather Jr. have been mentioned in discussion about Olympic testing; so both fighters are under observation, not just Pacquaio.

People will assume, but that’s been done way before any of the parties involved here were even born. Assuming is not gonna stop, and it’s time to leave these time wasting easy outs, like suing folks for a darned opinion no one has to believe, alone. For one thing, people will get mad at Pacquiao’s team for not suing just as easily as they believed Michael Jackson was guilty for crime that could not be stuck upon his name as fact.

Let the testing begin, as planned. Thanks.
AussieLad
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 17 2009, 04:44 PM) *
My competition has slandered my company and me personally since the day they found out I was coming. It has been the best (and cheapest) marketing for us. They have threatened to sue us repeatedly, just so their reps could carry the letters in their pitch kits. Business owners are a pretty savvy bunch; at least the ones you want to do business with.

By that rationale, suing floyd snr would help build the hype. Pac has enough money to let loose his dogs (lawyers) and not give it a second thought. It would be splashed all over the media and hype the fight. And who knows, it may even unsettle floyd jrs camp a little, floyd seeing his daddy put through the ringer.

As you said, trench warfare, and all is fair in love and war
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 16 2009, 10:07 PM) *

That dude is the man..How he has that much info,I don't know..
Imperius3
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 17 2009, 03:15 AM) *

Sorry, he only expressed an opinion. You can't take that to court. I don't think the case would even get that far.
gbh32001
Why sue a man without any reputation?An ex-convict at that. The more they react without action bringing this to court the more damage they bring. I say let this pass, and the rumors will die itself.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 18 2009, 03:20 AM) *
That dude is the man..How he has that much info,I don't know..

ragu is a cool dude man... he does a few other shows besides boxing.. he fought amateur for a while back in the day.. imma see if he wants to join the forum...
provo
All I have 2 say is that Team Mayweather is already getting to Pacquiao,wait until the fight gets closer Mayweathers camp will get to Pacquiao,he will get destracted for this fight and that's what they want ! March 13 Floyd is going to Tap that ass!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.