Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If..NO when Berto beats Sugar, where does he go from there?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
kingknockout
I take it he'll call out floyd
KookedKrack
that is a very big IF you are using there my friend......but IF he does beat Mosley I would say a Cotto fight maybe before Floyd.
D-MARV
I think win or lose, Berto has some unfinished business with Collazo.
kingknockout
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Dec 17 2009, 08:18 PM) *
that is a very big IF you are using there my friend......but IF he does beat Mosley I would say a Cotto fight maybe before Floyd.

why cotto? he lost twice
kingknockout
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 17 2009, 08:19 PM) *

laugh.gif
Keith
laugh.gif Funny ass thread.
Lil-lightsout
What this post/thread is REALLY implying is that kingknockout is a Floyd guzzler, and is praying Berto beats Shane. He deperately wants Berto to beat Shane so he and other super Floyd fans will say Floyd would have killed Mosley. Just be another fighter doing Floyd's dirty work. Sure Berto has a chance, he is fast, young, and hungry. But for you to act as if it's a foregone conclusion(Berto winning) is retarded. So what you going to say if Mosley KO's Berto? If Berto does beat Mosley, props to him and I will acknowledge his feat. See, I realize there is a chance Mosley could lose, though I doubt it considering comparing lots of there fights. I would love to hear your rationalization how it's a lock for Berto.

Oh...Where will Berto go after the Mosley fight? Probably straight to the ER.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Dec 17 2009, 08:19 PM) *

I agree but you know and I know they want no part of that guy at all.

IF and I mean IF he beats shane we'll get the old collazo is a step backwards deal.
EpTXCHAMP
IF he wins I think it would set him up for a bright future...I mean HBO will build him up and the welter will def have new blood in the division.

for the record this one is tough to call because of shanes inactivity and old age, mixed with bertos speed but inexperience.
either way I'm expecting a good fight
salvador
I actually think Berto beats Shane and that he'll probably fight Cotto next.
kingknockout
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 17 2009, 10:06 PM) *
What this post/thread is REALLY implying is that kingknockout is a Floyd guzzler, and is praying Berto beats Shane. He deperately wants Berto to beat Shane so he and other super Floyd fans will say Floyd would have killed Mosley. Just be another fighter doing Floyd's dirty work. Sure Berto has a chance, he is fast, young, and hungry. But for you to act as if it's a foregone conclusion(Berto winning) is retarded. So what you going to say if Mosley KO's Berto? If Berto does beat Mosley, props to him and I will acknowledge his feat. See, I realize there is a chance Mosley could lose, though I doubt it considering comparing lots of there fights. I would love to hear your rationalization how it's a lock for Berto.

Oh...Where will Berto go after the Mosley fight? Probably straight to the ER.

this thread has nothing to do with mayweather and his arrogant ass, this is strictly about berto you pussy boy.
kingknockout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Dec 18 2009, 11:03 AM) *
In the current interview on the front page, Mosley claims that he is not looking past, but through Berto. I fail to see much difference. Shane should win this fight, but his anger and bravado at this point in the process suggest weakness.

he's under estimating the young lion, smfh, shane has been known to under estimate his opponents because he thinks his ability is just that damn good, until he gets popped with some strength and says "oh shit, time to change up the game plan, cus this guy can hit"
RollsRoyce
to answer the original q, I think that Berto will call out Cotto. Cotto beat Mosley as well. and saying that Cotto lost twice is such a mayweather thing to say. No wonder people mistook u as a mayweather fan. Cotto lost to a guy with loaded gloves and the #1 p4p fighter in the world. That's not the worst losses to have on ur resume.
RollsRoyce
Btw, if Mosley goes back to pressure fighting like he tried against Cotto, he'll win. But if he tries to outbox Berto like he did with Margarito, he's gonna have a difficult night.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 18 2009, 10:23 AM) *
he's under estimating the young lion, smfh, shane has been known to under estimate his opponents because he thinks his ability is just that damn good, until he gets popped with some strength and says "oh shit, time to change up the game plan, cus this guy can hit"

i have to agree i think a lot of people are over looking berto... i cant in good faith pick berto to win but i think berto will make the fight very interesting and i think he CAN win... let me say i wont be surprised to see bertos hand raised.. it wont be a shocker nor upset to me if he pulls it off....
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 18 2009, 11:20 AM) *
this thread has nothing to do with mayweather and his arrogant ass, this is strictly about berto you pussy boy.

Than answer my questions FAG! So in your EXPERT opinion, why are you SO sure Berto beats Mosley??? You are just talking shit and giving no explanation why? Please break down the fight for me, and explain to me how Mosley has no shot.
kingknockout
QUOTE (RollsRoyce @ Dec 18 2009, 12:00 PM) *
to answer the original q, I think that Berto will call out Cotto. Cotto beat Mosley as well. and saying that Cotto lost twice is such a mayweather thing to say. No wonder people mistook u as a mayweather fan. Cotto lost to a guy with loaded gloves and the #1 p4p fighter in the world. That's not the worst losses to have on ur resume.

that is true, and I looked after it and said to myself "uh oh, that sounds like floyd talk, prepare for the roast"
kingknockout
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 18 2009, 03:26 PM) *
Than answer my questions FAG! So in your EXPERT opinion, why are you SO sure Berto beats Mosley??? You are just talking shit and giving no explanation why? Please break down the fight for me, and explain to me how Mosley has no shot.

I never said he has no shot, i said when berto wins you transexual
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 18 2009, 04:31 PM) *
I never said he has no shot, i said when berto wins you transexual

Read your thread title you clown, you sure seem 100% sure of a Berto victory. You are implying Mosley has no shot by telling us "NO when Berto beats Sugar". So which one is it? Can't have it both ways. You still refused to answer any of my questions. You are hands down the worst poster on this forum.

Care to do a sig bet?
provo
I think Shane wins this fight by SD he will not knock out Berto, This is a fight that we will see Shanes age catching up to him,it will be a close fight like Shane vs Cotto and Shane vs Mayorga and a lot of people at that time thought Shane was done.
He will not dominate Berto ,people are underestamating Berto I think Berto is going give him trouble he's fast and strong I would not be surprised if Berto stops Shane in the late rounds...
I'll be going for Berto!
alaganza
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 18 2009, 07:58 PM) *
I think Shane wins this fight by SD he will not knock out Berto, This is a fight that we will see Shanes age catching up to him,it will be a close fight like Shane vs Cotto and Shane vs Mayorga and a lot of people at that time thought Shane was done.
He will not dominate Berto ,people are underestamating Berto I think Berto is going give him trouble he's fast and strong I would not be surprised if Berto stops Shane in the late rounds...
I'll be going for Berto!

I for one would say Berto has a shot. I would be surprised if he stopped Shane.

If I had to pick I would say Shane's experience will be the telltale sign throughout the fight.
provo
QUOTE (alaganza @ Dec 18 2009, 05:02 PM) *
I for one would say Berto has a shot. I would be surprised if he stopped Shane.

If I had to pick I would say Shane's experience will be the telltale sign throughout the fight.

I agree Berto does have a shot a good shot to win ,I just think Shane wins by SD,I hope Berto wins!

I really don't see Shane looking that impressive in this fight at all he'll look like he did in the cotto and mayorga fight ,I personally think the performance he put on Margarito is a "Fluke" margarito was in no state of mind to fight that night..
And Shane might have the confidence because of that fight and try to bring it to Berto and get hurt ,that's why I could see Berto stopping him .
Keith
Berto is a weak fighter. His chin is suspect, his stamina is suspect, and he only dishes out punishment at very close range (here's a challege for you, find a clip of Berto landing a nice straight 1-2). His weaknesses correspond with Mosley's strengths. Shane has a rock solid chin, gets stronger as fights wear on, and can fight from the inside and outside.

Berto has no clue what he's getting himself into. Shane has fought so many quality guys for so many years. Berto has....... Collazo?
gbh32001
I found it amusing that all Mayweather fans and Pacquiao fans are identical.LOL!
alaganza
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 18 2009, 10:09 PM) *
His weaknesses correspond with Mosley's strengths. Shane has a rock solid chin, gets stronger as fights wear on, and can fight from the inside and outside.

These are all valid points.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 17 2009, 05:20 PM) *
why cotto? he lost twice

You know, I don't know anything about you, what boxers you like or don't like, but from THAT comment, I have to say you're a Floyd Mayweather fan, right?
salvador
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 18 2009, 10:09 PM) *
Berto has no clue what he's getting himself into. Shane has fought so many quality guys for so many years. Berto has....... Collazo?

Berto's pro development reminds me of Cotto's in that he's been brought along slowly and his level of competition has improved significantly just about the time he's coming into his physical prime. Forbes, Collazo, and Urango are 3 solid names in the last year and now he's getting a shot at the undisputed 147 pound champ who happens to be 38 years old. It's almost as if HBO wants Berto to be champ.

Berto's chin and stamina are suspect, but he is younger and hungrier than Shane and this will be the biggest moment of his life. Unless Berto gets caught early, I think this will be a very competitive fight.

Keith
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 19 2009, 09:38 AM) *
Berto's pro development reminds me of Cotto's in that he's been brought along slowly and his level of competition has improved significantly just about the time he's coming into his physical prime. Forbes, Collazo, and Urango are 3 solid names in the last year and now he's getting a shot at the undisputed 147 pound champ who happens to be 38 years old. It's almost as if HBO wants Berto to be champ.

Berto's chin and stamina are suspect, but he is younger and hungrier than Shane and this will be the biggest moment of his life. Unless Berto gets caught early, I think this will be a very competitive fight.

I hear you. Berto is a good fighter, but he has so many weaknesses in my opinion to be an A fighter. Chin, stamina, and effective punching range... He only fight well at very close range. Add in his lack of competition and I feel he is going to get exposed by Shane with the help of a nasty gameplan from Naz. The corners are going to play a role in this fight. Bertos corner is lacking, they actually tell him to clinch more during a fight.
D-MARV
A couple of thing that I notice about this thread. First off, the verdict is still out on Berto's chin but how is everyone so sure that his chin is weak? Was he ever in serious truoble? Don't point to the Collazo fight either... that first round punch had a lot to do with balance. I did not think Berto was hurt in that round. The only time I seen Berto buzzed was against Rivera when he got caught with a picture perfect uppercut. Berto got up and finished strong. I think to say Berto's chin is weak is a stretch.

By the time these two fight, Mosley would have been off for a full year... and at 38 I think that is WAY too much time to be off. Berto has youth, speed, and motivation going for him. Looking at this from a stylistic stand point, I see Berto posing a lot of problems. This isn't a totally mind-fucked Margarito standing in front of Mosley.

With that being said...

War Mosley!
kingknockout
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 18 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Read your thread title you clown, you sure seem 100% sure of a Berto victory. You are implying Mosley has no shot by telling us "NO when Berto beats Sugar". So which one is it? Can't have it both ways. You still refused to answer any of my questions. You are hands down the worst poster on this forum.

Care to do a sig bet?

im down, and dont get mad at me, that i always catch you talking out your ass. smh at this 3rd grade education ass nigga
salvador
QUOTE (Keith @ Dec 19 2009, 10:51 AM) *
Add in his lack of competition and I feel he is going to get exposed by Shane with the help of a nasty gameplan from Naz.

This is where we disagree. I think that Berto's competition level has been about perfect for a first title shot. He's been in with solid B+ level guys and he's been very active. Mosley's experience will obviously play a role, but he's been in some tough fights and he is pushing 40.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Berto get ko'd early whereas it would totally shock me to see Mosley get ko'd at all, so it's not like I have a really strong opinion about this fight one way or another. I just think that Berto's team has brought him along just about perfectly and getting to fight for an undisputed title against a 38 year old (who, in my opinion, isn't even one of the top 3 guys in the division) is just one more reason to think that Berto is surrounded by the best people. And if anyone is going to get the benefit of a crooked decision, it's the younger undefeated rising HBO star.

You are right about Naz. The Marg strategy was about perfect, but Berto's a lot faster than Marg and throws shorter and quicker shots. Mosley's bravery and his willingness to get inside of Marg (with his speed) won that fight for him. I'm not sure he has any clear advantages over Berto like he did with Marg. I guess we'll see.
provo
Ok lets say this take away Shanes dominate performance over Margarito! So Cotto and Mayorga his last fights now does Berto have a shot?? I think a lot of people would say YES.I say yes at that time everyone thought Shane was done now all of sudden he destroys Margarito which I believe was a "fluke" and he's the best LOL, he's been off a year the man is 38 ,Berto will give him trouble this will NOT be a easy fight for Shane !
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Dec 19 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Ok lets say this take away Shanes dominate performance over Margarito! So Cotto and Mayorga his last fights now does Berto have a shot?? I think a lot of people would say YES.I say yes at that time everyone thought Shane was done now all of sudden he destroys Margarito which I believe was a "fluke" and he's the best LOL, he's been off a year the man is 38 ,Berto will give him trouble this will NOT be a easy fight for Shane !

stop preaching to the masses provo... wait till after the fight... you'll have the last laugh win or lose for berto... it does no good to try to explain the obvious... the margarito fight has astoriks all over it but whatever... win or lose mosely will not run through berto... berto is gonna give mosely problems from so many angles its not even funny... from the strong jab to what heppens when berto connects with one of those power shots he throws... and he's gonna land one... or two or a few or a bunch... lol... how does mosley react?... does he start to figure that he's done this too long?... berto will be a severe litmus test for sugar shane..
Keith
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 19 2009, 12:09 PM) *
I'm not sure he has any clear advantages over Berto like he did with Marg.

I respect your opinion about the fight. I do see some clear advantages for Shane...

Power
Chin
Stamina
Reach/arm length
EpTXCHAMP
quick question....what do u guys think bout the many writers and fans that say these old guys" are clogging up the boxing pic?

I mean I can see points from both for example...If berto wins we have a chance of a new boxing star and lets face it shane never was a "super star". Now if shane wins in all honesty I say he has one maybe two yrs left where as berto can reign for awhile plus have a chance to have a better following than shane ever did.

now there are some examples why we need the old guys like if there still producing like shane has or in the case of hopkins and Roy there just aren't any other fighters or names" out there in that division so I dont mind as long as they fight top level com like Green,Johnson, or Dawson

I dkn just a random thought I saw on a espn board thought I'd see what you guys think?
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Dec 19 2009, 07:22 PM) *
As long as these older guys are able to hang and beat these young guys, they have no reason to quit. They should be forced into retirement by these younger guys, prove that they are younger and hungrier.

I couldn't possibly agree more. If Berto's going into the fight to win a decision, then he'll never be great. When you kill a king, you don't do it behind closed doors, you do it in the most public and violent way possible. Berto's getting the chance to kill a 38 year old king who, if the rankings reflected the truth, would't even be in the top 3 of his division. Berto should, from any angle, be thinking that he has to make a statement, though I doubt he is.

That said, I'm still thinking Berto by close decision on youth and hunger.

provo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 19 2009, 12:07 PM) *
stop preaching to the masses provo... wait till after the fight... you'll have the last laugh win or lose for berto... it does no good to try to explain the obvious... the margarito fight has astoriks all over it but whatever... win or lose mosely will not run through berto... berto is gonna give mosely problems from so many angles its not even funny... from the strong jab to what heppens when berto connects with one of those power shots he throws... and he's gonna land one... or two or a few or a bunch... lol... how does mosley react?... does he start to figure that he's done this too long?... berto will be a severe litmus test for sugar shane..

LOL! I just don't see a dominate performance AT ALL by Shane,just like I told everyone Cotto had no shot in beating Pac..and man I was hoping I was wrong LOL
kingknockout
QUOTE (salvador @ Dec 19 2009, 10:24 PM) *
I couldn't possibly agree more. If Berto's going into the fight to win a decision, then he'll never be great. When you kill a king, you don't do it behind closed doors, you do it in the most public and violent way possible. Berto's getting the chance to kill a 38 year old king who, if the rankings reflected the truth, would't even be in the top 3 of his division. Berto should, from any angle, be thinking that he has to make a statement, though I doubt he is.

That said, I'm still thinking Berto by close decision on youth and hunger.

damn those are some powerful words, but shane aint no damn king...c'mon son laugh.gif
salvador
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 19 2009, 11:01 PM) *
damn those are some powerful words, but shane aint no damn king...c'mon son laugh.gif

Yeah, I think maybe I'd had one too many by the time I posted that.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Dec 19 2009, 11:20 AM) *
im down, and dont get mad at me, that i always catch you talking out your ass. smh at this 3rd grade education ass nigga

Yet again you still refused to answer my questions. Do you even read your posts? You don't even talk like a regular person, you are a ignorant thug dipshit.

ANYTIME you want to test your lack of knowledge against my knowledge, let me know.

Nice thread about Oscar and Mosley fighting again. laugh.gif Yeah...because everyone is glamouring for that fight after Oscar got beat to a pulp his last time out at 147.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 19 2009, 03:07 PM) *
the margarito fight has astoriks all over it but whatever...

Why? Asterisks like how? That to me implies you don't think what Shane did was on the up and up. Margarito got caught trying to cheat before the fight and then was bludgeoned into submission during it. It was as clear and dominant a win as you'll ever see. What asterisks?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 20 2009, 12:02 PM) *
Yet again you still refused to answer my questions. Do you even read your posts? You don't even talk like a regular person, you are a ignorant thug dipshit.

ANYTIME you want to test your lack of knowledge against my knowledge, let me know.

Nice thread about Oscar and Mosley fighting again. laugh.gif Yeah...because everyone is glamouring for that fight after Oscar got beat to a pulp his last time out at 147.

laugh.gif

PR316
I see Mosley coming out victorious. But not in the dominating manner some are suggesting. He's going to have a tough time tracking down Berto in the early goings and I think he'll have to come from behind to get the win. Berto has youth, hunger, heart, and speed. This is his first MAJOR FIGHT and he'll be very motivated to put on a great performance. He may not win, but he'll be looked at in a different light when this is over. Mosley is coming off a 1 year layoff, and is damn near 40.

I see Mosley via close decision win in a back and forth fight. He'll have to work for it.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Dec 20 2009, 11:43 AM) *
Why? Asterisks like how? That to me implies you don't think what Shane did was on the up and up. Margarito got caught trying to cheat before the fight and then was bludgeoned into submission during it. It was as clear and dominant a win as you'll ever see. What asterisks?

I dont think the asterisks have to do with shane as much as they do with margarito. I mean he is not a credible fighter anymore all his wins are in question because nobody really knows if his hands were loaded his whole career? so now people may say margarito is a fraud or over rated which for the record I have always thought he was which is why I was as high as some people were on shanes win, but at the end of the day shane did what he had to do wasnt his fault but think some people mean to asterisk the win cuz of margarito's wraps
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Dec 20 2009, 12:43 PM) *

Because a certain few posters think it ruined Margarito's mindset and mentally he was not there(from getting caught with illegal handwraps).
neophyte7
PILLOW FISTED Collazo almost knocked BERTOs monkey looking ass threw the ropes LMAO... Bertos monkey looking ass has a suspect chin and for sure Sugar Shane will be taking this hyped job into deep water before KOING his ass... I see nothing Berto brings that will phase Shane other than that fake ass hissing sound he (Berto) makes when he punches.. I would love nothing more than to see Shane stretch this hype job!!!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 20 2009, 06:36 PM) *
PILLOW FISTED Collazo almost knocked BERTOs monkey looking ass threw the ropes LMAO... Bertos monkey looking ass has a suspect chin and for sure Sugar Shane will be taking this hyped job into deep water before KOING his ass... I see nothing Berto brings that will phase Shane other than that fake ass hissing sound he (Berto) makes when he punches.. I would love nothing more than to see Shane stretch this hype job!!!

although I dont agree with your monkey name calling I do agree that collazo doesnt have the power shane does so that will be trouble. also berto got dropped by a faded rivera who zab handled easily when rivera was younger. I think Dibella and his team has seen or is hoping for a big improvement in his development because I for one didnt like this fight for berto

Because a certain few posters think it ruined Margarito's mindset and mentally he was not there(from getting caught with illegal handwraps).

Forgot about that....thats another reason
mexi-cutioner
If Berto wins, where do he go from here......HMMMMM, I'd say the only real legitimate option is a big money fight/unification figtht with the winner of Mayweather vs Pac. By looking at the size of Berto and how chubby he looked at the PressCon with Mosley, I think moving up in weight could also be an option for Berto, there's much success for him to be found in the depth lacking jr.middleweight division imo.

If Berto loses, depending on the fasion of the loss, it's back to the drawing board. If it's a close decision loss, I think he deserves an opportunity to challenge for a title immediatly or go straight to a title eliminator or interim title bout. If he gets spanked and exposed.....welll it's back to facing the Norberto Bravo's of the world for 3-4 bouts in order to regain confidence and reassess the direction of his careeer, simple as that.
kingknockout
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Dec 20 2009, 12:02 PM) *

and you haven't answered your own question about the sig bet, instead you go on little girl rants...call me a thug all you want, if that makes your vagina feel better at night.

I could answer your questions, but females usually talk out of their asses when it comes to sports...I hope you'll be watching me on TV in the future so you can talk shit having a more detailed description of me.
Big Slim Sweet
Let's just cut the bull and get down to the nitty gritty of this fake ass conversation.

Mosley > Mayweather.

fuck.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.